Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Conversation I Imagine Went Down Prior To Update 10 Coming Out

The_Traitor_Executioner

Dev 1: "Alright, guys, are we ready to knock this update out?"

Dev 2: "Yep.  But.. I feel like something is missing."

Dev 1: "What?"

Dev 2: "We aren't giving the players enough of that delicious grinding, I think."

Dev 3: "Hey, I have an idea!  What if, instead of replacing J3-GOLEM with the new boss like we promised, we make him an exclusive to an obnoxiously difficult-to-enter area?  I'm sure the playerbase would love that!"

Dev 2: "Yeah, that's a great plan!  We should also make Nekros's prints drop from him, and make the keys really expensive!"

Dev 3: "Are we geniuses or what?"

The office next door explodes due to a plot by terrorists from Iran as a SEAL team rappels out of a helicopter, firing their M16 rifles.  A bullet strikes the "UPLOAD" button just after the update goes out, and the computer explodes.  The entire DE Office also explodes, because explosions. 

And then there was Update 10.

The End

Directed by Michael Bay

Edited by DergyDergon

Dev 3: "Hey, I have an idea!  What if, instead of replacing J3-GOLEM with the new boss like we promised, we make him an exclusive to a pay-to-enter area?  I'm sure the playerbase would love that!"

I didnt realize that the derelict orokins stuff was pay to enter.

In fact, I didnt realize I could buy it with plat. Where is that option?

When I first went to the golem assassination mission on Jupiter and battled the original I was literally "WTF? Where's the new badass golem we were told about".

Then someone told me you could only battle him in the derelict ships and to get those not only do you have to grind finding the nav bubbles but you also apparently have to grind the derelicts also just to find the golem assassination nav bubbles.

Then you can finally battle super golem and even if he garuntees to drop atleast one BP every time, you would still have to kill him 2 more times just to get all the components. And thats not even including the possibilities of getting duplicates. Then it's back to grinding all over again if the keys can only be used once. Also the components to build one key. 3000 circuits? Is that a sick joke?

The keys better be infinite, if not then I'll just play something else. This isn't fun, this is just beyond tedious.

"Pay" doesn't necessarily mean real money.

I suppose, but most people would call 'pay-to-enter' something that deals with real money, of which the derelict orokin ships cant even be accessed unless you grind for drops.

Thats not a 'pay-to-enter' area, thats a 'grind-to-enter' place. Huge difference.

Edited by MasterZalm

I suppose, but most people would call 'pay-to-enter' something that deals with real money, of which the derelict orokin ships cant even be accessed unless you grind for drops.

Thats not a 'pay-to-enter' area, thats a 'grind-to-enter' place. Huge difference.

i guess in gaming sense thats arguable. both terms are acceptable. "pay-to-enter" you must pay credit, materials for keys, and optionally plat if you want to rush. "grind-to-enter" you must grind, credit, and materials in "time sense" (if that even makes sense). It is just down to how you perceive it. 

Edited by Ventias

i guess in gaming sense thats arguable. both terms are acceptable. "pay-to-enter" you must pay credit, materials for keys, and optionally plat if you want to rush. "grind-to-enter" you must grind, credit, and materials in "time sense" (if that even makes sense). It is just down to how you perceive it. 

But the derelict, you can only pay to rush the creation of the keys...you cant buy them outright.

So its 'exclusive pay to enter' mentality is absurd when you cant even pay to enter. You have to grind to enter. Grind for mats.

But the derelict, you can only pay to rush the creation of the keys...you cant buy them outright.

So its 'exclusive pay to enter' mentality is absurd when you cant even pay to enter. You have to grind to enter. Grind for mats.

but you are paying materials and credit to create a key. Like i said :paying" doesn't necessarily mean real money, It can mean anything (within reasoning)