Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Waypoints need a rework

Dark_Lugia

On many tiles (especially on lua) the waypoint isn´t getting updated till you touch the (legit) floor.
So you have to guess where the mission will continue or in the worst case even have to run back to trigger the new waypoint.
In a game with such an awsome movement, this is realy annoying and interrupting to the "mission flow".
Maybe make the waypoint update as soon as you enter/open the door to a new rooms and set it to the next door (there is this one broken lua tileset were the waypoint always goes crazy all over the place).

Here we are behind the waypoint (coming from the bottom of the map to the top) and it didn´t move on, till I went back.

Spoiler

LlRHQN9.png

Here the waypoint on the map wasn´t at the exit of the room but in an unecessary spot and the one in the ui isn´t right neither and was indication we shoud leave to the top, but the right way is the one to right where loki and equinoc went

Spoiler

PqEHhY1.jpg

And this room is pure hell with it´s waypoint jumping so much around between the upper and down floor, jumping behind you and than in front of you....

Spoiler

nZpvIly.jpg

• Like 4

1 minute ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Reported this 3 times in the last 6 months and read another 20 ones. All got archived and we still have these issues. My hopes are really low

Yeah, I think I made 2 threads about this as well. This thing's busted, but it doesn't look like DE cares. So, just another bug in the huge pile, sadly.

I can normally deal with waypoints, but the one that's been making me frustrated and it's consistently an issue is Hades on Pluto. Ambulus fight is boring enough, takes 12-13 minutes, but takes an extra 3-4 minutes to even get to the Ambulus with the broken waypoint system. Go 500m one way, only to find out it's a dead end... Backtrack 500m, try a different route, nope dead end. Go back again and try a different way, finally... only to find out I had to go in a big circle to get around to where the waypoint was actually trying to tell me to go.

Even when I first started out, Gabii on Ceres usually gave me issues. Being newer and not knowing the tilesets I quit the mission many times since i couldn't find extraction.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

This is a pretty glaring issue indeed, we are working on fixing this.

Thanks for acknowledging and looking into this issue, I have been affected by it many times in the past year.

Another thing that might be related to this issue is that in some Rescue missions, when you rescue the hostage, the waypoint to extraction takes a while to appear. And because the waypoint takes longr to appear, the hostage doesn't follow you or teleports to your position if you're far away, this results in the hostage being killed very far away from your position while you're trying to find the extraction point.

This particular issue has happened to me dozens of times in the past year alone - once I even waited for almost 4 minutes for the waypoint to extraction to appear. I believe the AI of the hostage is programmed to only follow the player if either the waypoint to extraction appears or if some other activation is triggered and that activation trigger must be tied to the hostage's AI somehow.

Please take a look at this issue as well. I hope the team can work on a "Waypoint 3.0 Rework" one day, as it can affect whether you're successful or not in some circumstances.

Thanks and have a nice week.

7 minutes ago, Sdarts said:

Another thing that might be related to this issue is that in some Rescue missions, when you rescue the hostage, the waypoint to extraction takes a while to appear. And because the waypoint takes longr to appear, the hostage doesn't follow you or teleports to your position if you're far away, this results in the hostage being killed very far away from your position while you're trying to find the extraction point.

The extraction marker only shows up after you look at the hostage, hope this will help you with future rescue missions.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Thank you SO MUCH!
I've been falling in love and then out of love, with Arcane Consequence lately, because high speed parkour through the tiles is totally a joyous experience
Except for the fact that usually, waypoints fail to move to the next door, and I'd have to spend half my time backtracking, while the arcane expires.

It'd be really amazing to have the waypoints work better 😄

And yeah that last lua tile screenshot really is a notorious one.

18 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Issius!!!!bwhahaha tenno sightings!!! hey when aer we gonna get lunaro and pvp into the alerts of relays and cetus, fortuna is lacking that ompth yo. I am really enjoying warframe, i stopped playing destiny2 and finalfantasyXIV and monsterhunterworlds because warframe is the smartest game, its free and its so advanced, oh my god a cockroach its on my tv ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! Its it posible to have lunaro and a special relay added to lua that players can explore as operators instead of warframes? perhaps with k-drive and lunaro in mind, or a new syndicate, or overlord!! pvp is frail because its not in the regular alerts, and its rewards and collectibles are somewhat cardio inducing...yea ducing....bwhahah, free coffee for my madame.

Edited by (PS4)santospizarro

On 2019-01-28 at 4:33 PM, Dark_Lugia said:

On many tiles (especially on lua) the waypoint isn´t getting updated till you touch the (legit) floor.
So you have to guess where the mission will continue or in the worst case even have to run back to trigger the new waypoint.
In a game with such an awsome movement, this is realy annoying and interrupting to the "mission flow".
Maybe make the waypoint update as soon as you enter/open the door to a new rooms and set it to the next door (there is this one broken lua tileset were the waypoint always goes crazy all over the place).

Here we are behind the waypoint (coming from the bottom of the map to the top) and it didn´t move on, till I went back.

Reveal hidden contents

LlRHQN9.png

Here the waypoint on the map wasn´t at the exit of the room but in an unecessary spot and the one in the ui isn´t right neither and was indication we shoud leave to the top, but the right way is the one to right where loki and equinoc went

Reveal hidden contents

PqEHhY1.jpg

And this room is pure hell with it´s waypoint jumping so much around between the upper and down floor, jumping behind you and than in front of you....

Reveal hidden contents

nZpvIly.jpg

i'd be cool to have anotehr relay in lua with sports, and operators can free roam, the warframes are set to hybernate at the entrance to allow trading and k-races, and lunaro.

On 2019-01-31 at 3:17 PM, Frostfire_Chimera said:

The extraction marker only shows up after you look at the hostage, hope this will help you with future rescue missions.

I always do that since by the time the door opens, I always see the hostage first before getting control of the Warframe - I can't think of any hostage cell in the game where you don't always see the hostage when you open the door, maybe there is, but I just can't remember of any like that atm. Even on Lua, you still need to jump in the cell door, and the camera shows the hostage first, if I'm not misremembering.

However, I have ran many missions in which I spent a few minutes with the hostage close to me and looking at him constantly while looking for the extraction point, the same issue of the waypoint marker not appearing for several minutes still occurs. The best example is on Lua, where I have killed the prisons' jailors and revived the hostage many times during Sortie missions, while waiting for the extraction waypoint to appear.

I have done this so many times that I always default to killing the jailors regardless of whether the waypoint marker appears or not for most Rescue missions, something I never bothered to do in the past. Sometimes I even kill all the jailors before even trying to open the hostage's cell door, just in case the bug happens, this way I don't have to worry about protecting or reviving the hostage while trying to kill the jailors.

• Like 1

What's really great for waypoints are the rooms that have confusing paths, but the marker only shows up on the door itself, with no intermediary points where they'd be super useful.

Then there are the rooms where there's no question on how to get to the doors, but the marker INSISTS that you go to this pointless elevator to ride up less than a bullet jump before it'll tell you which door to actually use.