Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mesa Prime butt request/suggestion

Chaos_Rifle

The new mesa prime butt imho not only looks terrible now (was great before) on the RARE time it isnt bugging out.
complaints with butt: if number given, times ive personally noticed it
2x I have personally had it do the old character model stretches across the whole screen thing
always? : butt clips inside itself constantly
when walking 2x : but grows visibly larger and shrinks like it is breathing (not smearing actually expanding, ie, more volume, 2-4x volume
when crouching always? : the butt smears the textures and the model becomes severely lopsided, texture becomes so smeared i can count pixels of the textures from afar

I am not the only one i know seeing this stuff /CONSTANTLY/ and its distracting and to a point, down right aggravating that this was something that was a critical enough issue to put before other things that have been issues with the game for, in some cases, literally years. I will avoid ranting too much about the large list of issues that still remain in the game from several years ago when I started playing. I will leave a few in a spoiler window for examples of things i would find more important than this butt stuff

Spoiler

mesa presideo neck doesnt turn with helmets when cursor looking around, only when idle animating, a plat only item thats not been fixed since release of it 
stuck in exalted or heavy gun animation when entering downed state and entering exalted/heavy gun animation
primary weapons when downed, randomly?
melee weapons when downed, randomly as well??
missions fail to spawn enemies
onslaught portals still break and host must DC, a lot better than before, and rare now, but does still happen.
the waypoint system.... 
    tells you to go through the wrong doors
    does not update nearly fast enough if at all sometimes
    has been known to tell you to go backwards through the map to make you go down a SPECIFIC way in that tile
    sometimes just turns off... completely. extract markers and objective markers vanish
    sometimes never turns on in the first place, leaving no markers ever, even waypoints from pressing the G key from a friend
enemies spawn on top of doors in hydron, getting stuck there (i suspect this is corpus occupation only, but still weird)
enemies spawn outside the map entirely or on objects placed outside the map for aesthetic reasons, and are treated as a valid spawn surface, usually for hyekka or fissures
liset still has issues in any place where there is transparency with the renderer placing opaque objects always on top
interception missions progress bars never begin animating and players cant tell whats going on because of it
survival missions spawn rates for solo players are so low that without a nekros sometimes it not even possible to get to 10 minutes (several times ive been holding out killing as fast as they enter and popping LS but can only make it to 8-9 minutes, this seems to be a weird bug with the tiles selected, as its very random but some alerts when it does happen, it ALWAYS happens if you redo the alert.
scrambus enemies permanently disable your powers, only fix is suicide (this is especially visible in the vallis, in the toroid farm spots where it seems to spawn 40% scrambus later on)
going to kiddo can permanently disable your powers, only fix is suicide (boss fights often require you go to kiddo at least 10+ times per fight, per player, its rare that nobody gets this issue, usually it happens several times a mission)
going to kiddo is server reliant, if you hit 5, you wait then for the hosts ping time for it to tell you your good to go, and THEN you go kiddo. this can mess up and leave you stuck or at best unable to play for a few seconds, this SHOULD BE RETROACTIVELY AUTHENTICATED, ITS PVE, especially if you want to make multiple boss fights RELY on this mechanic. having friends makes the game /worse/ in this regard

SUGGESTION/REQUEST 
The mesa model you had before worked perfectly as far as I could tell, and is much less distracting with its goofy issues. There is two models, or at least two sets of values for how the butt is shaped and it would be silly to think DE simply deleted all record of them. I would request that much like the alternative BUY ONLY prime helmet (still salty) that we get an alt mesh for mesa prime, much like how you can use base mesa skin on a prime, use an alt prime skin for those that just want things to work? I personally would be happy to see it just reverted, however in the interest of not impsoing, an alt mesh would be more than appreciated. How much effort this would be for tennogen I do not know, though I dont believe it would be a terribly large amount as from what I can see the new mesh is just stretching the texture anyways, so in theory it should just work?

In closing, my biggest issue with Warframe right now is that if you, the developer cant make it work the way its intended to, please, just pull it from the game or rework it in a way that gets rid of game breaking issue all together. I would rather it work, than it technically be more content but only work on rare occasion.
example for improvement

Spoiler

the scrambus IMHO is a pretty terribly designed enemy. it turns off players defence powers outright, the AOE is instantly deployed (or faster than the animation) thus hitting you when you think your safe, it does not disappear fast enough and ends up blinding players, sometimes never disappears, and very often breaks your characters powers, making you kill yourself or just not use the object the game is literally named after; your WARFRAME. What I would do in this case is fix its bugs, and then for disabling powers, give the player a short timer countdown before the power was turned off, and tell the player what power. for example, maybe make a red number tick down above the power icon and the 4 dots on the screen could be a pie chart of red going to its normal colour, blue or white depending on selecting, this informs the player, and gives them a fighting chance when the enemy is spawned on top of them, while allowing it to still exist. if i couldnt do this, i would strip the scrambus of their ability affecting powers and simply make them buff other corpus shields or something, and make their aura much more transparent, in regards to that being a lesser threat to the player, and likely make them move a little faster (about 5-10%?), in regards to their... skates? to keep them still helpful to their team

TLDR, if enemies are given out right X thing happens, like corrosive projection, its not fun, and too strong. give them corrosive procs that temp lower you and dont stack additive, rather percentile like corrosive status procs are currently. does the same thing, feels much nicer to the player while encouraging the player to play one way rather than poking them with a sharp stick (the inverse is true for players, nova is great because X happens end of story for her 4, slows/speeds enemies is always a thing and scales perfectly, and AI wont complain much about players being over powered 😉 )

10 minutes ago, Chaos_Rifle said:

In closing, my biggest issue with Warframe right now is that if you, the developer cant make it work the way its intended to, please, just pull it from the game or rework it in a way that gets rid of game breaking issue all together.

Buried the lede there, don't you think?

They are continually trying to get things to work as best they can. Pulling something from the game because it has bugs would be counterproductive. If you mention Trials, then my advice would be to pretend the game is shut down to have all its bugs fixed by not logging in for a while.

13 minutes ago, Chaos_Rifle said:

I would request that much like the alternative BUY ONLY prime helmet (still salty)

Salty about a new Prime Accessory?

Agreed, the butt looks strange. The texture is too smooth for the rest of the frame IMO.

17 minutes ago, Chaos_Rifle said:

mesa presideo neck doesnt turn with helmets when cursor looking around, only when idle animating, a plat only item thats not been fixed since release of it 

The presidio issue is also pretty bad, but knowing DE's track record we likely won't see that fixed any time soon 🙄