Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anthem and what Warframe can learn from it

_Urakaze_

13 minutes ago, (XB1)Skiller115 said:

Where is the hardcore Anthem love club at now? Yes I was sooooo wrong lol not! EA will never change sorry some have got their hopes up for no reason. I should just make a thread called "Warframe and what Anthem can learn from it" you know because EA could use some advice...

I'm still having lots of fun playing Anthem. There's still tons of things Warframe could learn from it (and vice versa). So don't worry, we haven't gone anywhere.

39 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

I just found this on Twitter:

13 years since the game that was infamous for the loading times, it seems we have something that surpasses it.

28 minutes ago, (XB1)Skiller115 said:

Where is the hardcore Anthem love club at now? Yes I was sooooo wrong lol not! EA will never change sorry some have got their hopes up for no reason. I should just make a thread called "Warframe and what Anthem can learn from it" you know because EA could use some advice...

My load times are about 20-30 seconds. So umm yeah. And like @rune_me said, I'm still having a blast playing it, a actually team based game. And it's beautiful. There are MANY things "Wait"frame can learn from Anthem. But it would take me entirely to long to list them and could come across as Dev bashing. So I'll just say let me know when Waitframe actually has a date for more than 20 min of content. I'll come breeze through it. Then get back to a more challenging game like Anthem. tenor.gif

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

15 minutes ago, (XB1)Skiller115 said:

I think most people are just feeling sad. It's not a bad trait for people to hope for something good to come out.

I haven't played Anthem and haven't planned to but this year I haven't either played Warframe (well I've logged in twice) because, well, there's been no fresh content so far in 2019.

I genuinely feel sad that Anthem is having a rough start because DE could really benefit from having someone bite at their heels with how things have been for months now. So I'm double sad, for both Anthem and Warframe.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

My load times are about 20-30 seconds. So umm yeah. 

Good for you. Because the biggest issue on Anthem I keep seeing around is "Very long loading screens" or "Loading screen for every little thing". Could be a rig thing? Certianly, but it doesnt seem to be a PC only thing.

But Warframe is having this issue of loading times when going Fortuna > Orbiter, the screen freezes for 30s before the loading screen appears; while going from Relay > Orbiter is a normal transaction of 10s tops, this started with 24.11, hopefully will be fixed in the next mainline.

Just now, Kaotyke said:

Good for you. Because the biggest issue on Anthem I keep seeing around is "Very long loading screens" or "Loading screen for every little thing". Could be a rig thing? Certianly, but it doesnt seem to be a PC only thing.

But Warframe is having this issue of loading times when going Fortuna > Orbiter, the screen freezes for 30s before the loading screen appears; while going from Relay > Orbiter is a normal transaction of 10s tops, this started with 24.11, hopefully will be fixed in the next mainline.

On an SSD my load times in Anthem aren't that bad. There are however very many load screens, and it does seriously break of the flow of the game. I don't care about load screens when entering and leaving a mission. Like you said, Warframe has that as well, and they can be very long. But when they happen mid-mission, and several times even, when it happens every time you enter a new screen, it does get in the way. That's my number one issue with Anthem so far. I never claimed it was a perfect game. At all. I just said I'm having lots of fun playing it, which is really what playing a game should be about.

9 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

What I HATE, is the fact in order to come from to Cetus to Fortuna I have to literally go through one loading screen to get to Cetus, one loading screen to get to my Orbiter, one loading screen to get to Fortuna. That's 3 loading screens. And I haven't even played anything yet. Nevermind yet another loading "area" to actually get to the plains or villas. I can't stand it. And yes all that can take well over a minute. Not counting the wait times once you are in your Orbiter. 

So technically the wait times are a little better for me when playing Anthem. 

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

hace 18 minutos, (XB1)RDeschain82 dijo:

My load times are about 20-30 seconds. So umm yeah. And like @rune_me said, I'm still have a blast playing it, with a actually team based game. And it's beautiful. There are MANY things "Wait"frame can learn from Anthem. But it would take me entirely to long to list them and could come across as Dev bashing. So I'll just say let me know when Waitframe actually has a date for more than 20 min of content. I'll come breeze through it. Then get back to a more challenging game like Anthem. tenor.gif

It´s more it´s even unnecesary that you return to warframe, if it´s a terrible game. I mean why you show interest in warframe if don´t have nothing for you. There is a lot of like you, that DE don´t listen, that warframe it´s bad... ok, but something good have if all still show interest in the game, even when is in the worst place in long long time. 

Just curious. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

What I HATE, is the fact in order to come from to Cetus to Fortuna I have to literally go through one loading screen to get to Cetus, one loading screen to get to my Orbiter, one loading screen to get to Fortuna. That's 3 loading screens. And I haven't even played anything yet. Nevermind yet another loading "area" to actually get to the plains or villas. I can't stand it. And yes all that can take well over a minute. Not counting the wait times once you are in your Orbiter. 

Yes, we should be able to go to Cetus to Fortuna in 1 loading screen. We only got such option in the Relays a little while ago. But Fortuna and Cetus are 2 different HUBs and hopefully, we will be able to go from one and the other soon, like with the Relays. Anthem has 1 Open area and 1 HUB and you are always in one or the other. That gives an illusion of being faster but then you have loading screens mid mission when going to a cave or if you are too far from the host and are teleported to them, that breaks the flow and should be adressed by Bioware, specially the latter: just make the player spawn on top of the host.

And if the idea of making the Railjack update get rid of loading screens to seemless loads, like in Dad of Boi, are still being made, we wont have to look at a panel in-between missions for long.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

You should probably verify and optimize your download cache. I'm running on a decently old PC and my loadtimes are instant between cetus/fortuna and orbiter.

23 minutes ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

Yeah but how often do you go from cetus to fortuna though? Once per day for rep turn ins?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, (PS4)robi191291 said:

It´s more it´s even unnecesary that you return to warframe, if it´s a terrible game. I mean why you show interest in warframe if don´t have nothing for you. There is a lot of like you, that DE don´t listen, that warframe it´s bad... ok, but something good have if all still show interest in the game, even when is in the worst place in long long time

Just curious. 

I'll take barely legible strawmen for 500 Jeremy. 

Jeremy is Alex's twin, who also hosts game shows. I totally didn't get them all confused.

Edited by DeMonkey

7 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

You should probably verify and optimize your download cache. I'm running on a decently old PC and my loadtimes are instant between cetus/fortuna and orbiter.

First thing I did, this is not a top of the line PC, but it can do any content in the game with no probems: i5-8250U 8th Gen, 8GB RAM DDR4, TI 1030. And its ONLY from Fortuna to the Orbiter. Cetus/Relay to the Orbiter doesnt have that freeze.

17 minutes ago, (PS4)robi191291 said:

It´s more it´s even unnecesary that you return to warframe, if it´s a terrible game. I mean why you show interest in warframe if don´t have nothing for you.

Because Waitframe is easy, casual and I don't have to think to play it. I mean Ill usually watch a movie while I play. Meanwhile Anthem can get really intense and hard if your team doesn't have any kind of synergy. You aren't soloing G2 in Anthem. 

Just now, (PS4)robi191291 said:

Not rude but it´s a lot of stupid spend all the time that you spend in this game, forum...etc. 

Only because you can play while see a movie without other reason. 

Maybe it´s time to move on to the anthem reddit, no? 

You do get that it's possible to like two games, right? It's not a choice between Warframe and Anthem. I have them both. I can play both. Here's a shocking concept: I might even get Division 2 as well. Then I have 3 games to play.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)robi191291 said:

Not rude but it´s a lot of stupid spend all the time that you spend in this game, forum...etc. 

Only because you can play while see a movie without other reason. 

Maybe it´s time to move on to the anthem reddit, no? 

I have multiple tabs open. I keep tabs on all the games I play. 

hace 1 hora, rune_me dijo:

You do get that it's possible to like two games, right? It's not a choice between Warframe and Anthem. I have them both. I can play both. Here's a shocking concept: I might even get Division 2 as well. Then I have 3 games to play.

Excuse me, i am a mindclosed that never play more that one game in a year. Uffff, demagogues. 

Edited by (PS4)robi191291
  • Like 1

On 2019-01-29 at 1:03 AM, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

1. how a open world is supposed to feel.

not all of warframe is an open world, sure there are two "missions" that are open world but thats warframes open world, anthem and warframe are two different games, they dont NEED to learn from each other at all, DE does what they think they want to. I was happy with the plains update, that felt like an open world to me. The open world feeling that someone gets is completly opinion based. so maybe to you its different then the next guy.

• Like 1

I have both games, played the VIP demo, theyre both different. If it wasn't bcos my former clan leader hyped me to it, i wouldn't even look at it. 

Anthem though, the graphics reminds me of James cameron's AVATAR on PS3. Its colorful, very open, a nice balance between civilization technology and nature.

I will see how long i will last with this game, definitely wont be as long as Warframe for sure. 

Ma - Would ya'll just look at that beautiful grass the neighbors planted over there... Ain't it just the greenest thing you ever seen?  My, my, my.... I do declare!  You know what, maybe we aughta plant us some of that grass too, ya think? 

Pa - Oh honey dearest maybe we aughta wait ta see how it do in the summer heat....

Ma - Nope,  I'ma plant some richeer in the livin room, I mean its so green how could it be bad?

Pa - Well honey dearest it does say EA on it...

21 minutes ago, (PS4)robi191291 said:

Off course, you can play more if you want, but when you only reason to play this game it´s not play this game.... 

Huh?

40 minutes ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

Because Waitframe is easy, casual and I don't have to think to play it. I mean Ill usually watch a movie while I play. Meanwhile Anthem can get really intense and hard if your team doesn't have any kind of synergy. You aren't soloing G2 in Anthem. 

You have teams?

Lucky Duck.

99.9% of the time I am solo because I am either in my own missions and want the whole story without rushing or am in freeplay and constantly sidetracked by events before I can reach the other members in the field.

Strongholds are about the only place I find myself in groups and between the rushers and hiders I find myself either annoyed, confused, or both.

...It's hard out there for a Storm if all the rangers and colossus' hide behind you.

15 minutes ago, (PS4)XephonixAwesome said:

not all of warframe is an open world, sure there are two "missions" that are open world but thats warframes open world, anthem and warframe are two different games, they dont NEED to learn from each other at all, DE does what they think they want to. I was happy with the plains update, that felt like an open world to me. The open world feeling that someone gets is completly opinion based. so maybe to you its different then the next guy.

Funny thing is that there are plenty of complaints about Anthem's "open world". A game designed and marketed as being OW yet still kinda failing on that whole part by invisible walls/ceiling that restricts how you can traverse the "open world". Also, who in their right mind would compare the open world of an intended open world game with the open world zones of an otherwise instance/mission based game? The answer would be someone looking for straws.

I think DE have made a good choice with their open world zones. They are big enough to fit well into the game without being overwhelming or feeling too small.

• Like 2