The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anthem and what Warframe can learn from it

_Urakaze_

6 часов назад, DatDarkOne сказал:

They might have stopped after learning about how Anthem is bricking PS4 consoles.   That's a hell of a bug/glitch to have in a game. 

I play Anthem on PS4. In my opinion, today everything is not so bad) Biowars have already corrected many errors. Even the loading screen, the duration of which many complained about during the demo and at the beginning of the game’s release, is now quite tolerable.
Sometimes there are departures from the game, but not so often, to spoil the impression)

Edited by Falconer777

8 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Guess the folks who have issues with Warframe are hoping to use this thread as a stick to beat DE with...completely unaware that the devs don't read General Discussion. 😄

Ironically it's quite the opposite, it was bumped by a salty anti-anthem boi, as seen here.

6 hours ago, Regiaz20 said:

Quantity has a Quality all its own

( Looks at all the nonsensical color channeling, looks at colors not showing the accurate color, looks at all the copious amounts clipping issues and off center designs , looks at all the pitted, pixelated plastic and rubber used for materials)

....meanwhile in Anthem:

6 hours ago, Regiaz20 said:

Quantity has a Quality all its own 😉

Oh this is a vary accurate statement for Clipframe Lol.

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82
  • Like 1

But Warframe is free and won't melt your Playstation. :tongue:

You're also comparing Anthem with a game developed 6 years earlier, with a completely different business model, architecture and budget.

World of Tanks (another F2P game) only achieved great-looking graphics by switching to an all new game engine.

Edited by FlusteredFerret
  • Like 1

Sample size of one, but I've had more fun playing 5 minutes of Warframe than I did in 5 hours of Anthem.

That game is a chore in my experience, especially all of the stuff in Fort Tarsis. Can't be arsed to push through it for an OK flight system and mediocre combat.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Corvid said:

Sample size of one, but I've had more fun playing 5 minutes of Warframe than I did in 5 hours of Anthem.

Well I don't disagree, since Warframe is at its best in 5 minutes intervals. I never played Warframe for 5 hours straight (nor Anthem for that matter). I love the jump in, play a quick mission, get out of Warframe's original mission structure. That's what made me fall in love with the game. For the same reason I hate PoE and Fortuna and would much rather they didn't exist. And despite the hundreds and hundreds of hours I've put into the game, I've never played an endless mission for more than 30 minutes, and never will. When I play Warframe now, it's the traditional missions. Defence, Capture, Exterminate, and it is very much in 5 minute bursts. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rune_me said:

Well I don't disagree, since Warframe is at its best in 5 minutes intervals. I never played Warframe for 5 hours straight (nor Anthem for that matter). I love the jump in, play a quick mission, get out of Warframe's original mission structure. That's what made me fall in love with the game. For the same reason I hate PoE and Fortuna and would much rather they didn't exist. And despite the hundreds and hundreds of hours I've put into the game, I've never played an endless mission for more than 30 minutes, and never will. When I play Warframe now, it's the traditional missions. Defence, Capture, Exterminate, and it is very much in 5 minute bursts. 

You misunderstand. I play Warframe for long sessions (To clarify, I play the game for long periods of time. I don't stay in individual missions for longer than a full rotation).

My meaning is that if you were to take any 5 minute period of one of these sessions, I have had more fun in it than in the entirety of my time spent playing Anthem.

Edited by Corvid

2 minutes ago, Corvid said:

You misunderstand. I play Warframe for long sessions. My meaning is that if you were to take any 5 minute period of one of these sessions, I have had more fun in it than in the entirety of my time spent playing Anthem.

I did understand. And I also don't disagree. Maybe for me it depends on what 5 minutes of my time in Warframe you use for compparison. 5 minutes a year ago, absolutely. 5 minutes now, not so much. As a whole, I absolutely would consider Warframe a better game than Anthem, but logging in to Warframe recently just feels like a chore to me, so I just stopped doing it for a while. Fortuna couldn't get me interested enough. Nightwave I haven't even bothered downloading yet.

My plan is: wait til there's 8-10 new frames since my last login, then come back and farm, test and forma all those. That'll actually give me something to do that I'll enjoy. Or wait for railjack and hope that it's good. Until then I'll happily play Anthem instead. And maybe give Division 2 a try.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, rune_me said:

Until then I'll happily play Anthem instead. And maybe give Division 2 a try.

That's sounds about right for me as well. Except I could carless about rail jack. I'll probably come back when new/old war hits, see what's what for a bit. But In the meantime Black Dessert, Anthem, Division 2 and sometimes Apex will have most of my attention. 

38 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

But Warframe is free and won't melt your Playstation. :tongue:

Free for some at any rate. While my own PS4 is fine I'll be interested to know the cause of that issue myself as I stopped logging in via PS when I heard about the issue.

37 minutes ago, Corvid said:

That game is a chore in my experience, especially all of the stuff in Fort Tarsis. Can't be arsed to push through it for an OK flight system and mediocre combat.

Funnily enough, Anthem reminds me of Warframe from 6 years ago moreso than anything else.

• Bad reviews
  • Fresh IP promising of a great story
  • 1 map, small sampling of mobs,
  •  challenging combat,
  • (surprisingly) fast feature iteration alongside high interaction with the community.

I said back in the earlier pages of this threads that Warframe doesn't really have anything to learn from Anthem... Instead Bioware needed to learn from DE how to make a live service game work successfully instead.

It's readily apparent that they took at least some notes in my opinion.

Whether the game has legs long-term is still a question of course as there is a metric ton wrong with the game right now and I still haven't a clue how they are going to make money off of it.

That said, Anthem currently offers what I loved most about Warframe those many years ago.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Yes-Man-Kablaam said:

Frankly after hearing Anthem can brick a Ps4 even if it's a 0.1% chance I'm not touching it regardless of how good it might eventually get.

Well if I were a PS4 owner I would definitely wait until I'd seen a statement / article from a reputable source that Bioware have fixed the bug, for sure. 

Just now, FlusteredFerret said:

Well if I were a PS4 owner I would definitely wait until I'd seen a statement / article from a reputable source that Bioware have fixed the bug, for sure. 

Aye, even if the reports of it bricking consoles are apparently exaggerated. It forcing a shutdown is confirmed (and of course, inexcusable), but from what I can gather, there are no verified cases of it damaging hardware irreparably.

7 minutes ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

FTFY...and ..Well said I might add. 

And less mission variety, environmental variety, class variety, weapon variety...

We get it, you're an Anthem fanboy. Go play it if you think it's so much better, you are being obnoxious.

Edited by Corvid
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Padre_Akais said:

Funnily enough, Anthem reminds me of Warframe from 6 years ago moreso than anything else.

The difference, in my eyes at least, is that Warframe back then was a hail mary for a studio that was on the verge of going bankrupt, and was developed in less than a year with a small budget and no external financial support, with no real template to go off (or others in the genre to take notes from).

Anthem, on the other hand, had a generous budget, a lengthy development time, access to the marketing resources of a major publisher, and six years worth of competition to observe and learn from. That it still launched in a state that is comparable to Warframe's initial launch (at least in terms of content) in spite of all of these advantages, is why the game is disappointing to me, and why people are bashing its launch state.

Edited by Corvid
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Corvid said:

We get it, you're an Anthem fanboy. Go play it if you think it's so much better, you are being obnoxious.

I'm a gamer, I "fanboy" many games.

This thread is "Anthem and what WF can learn from it." It was Nekrod but a salty player..

Furthermore there is alot WF can learn from Anthem, and vise versa TBH, both good and bad. To say otherwise is delusional. 

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

On 2019-03-03 at 9:38 AM, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

Loving the game. Having tons of fun with explosions, builds, lore, dropping some coin on fashion jave, running contracts and Strongholds with friends in GM2, Flying around exploring in free play,  Just got this beast,Screenshot_20190303-020752_zpsgdfvwqae.p and my

Wow, I dont think I've ever seen such magnificent item design in a game ever before. /s

No wonder people are complaining about the itemization in Anthem. Just by looking at it I imagine all gear has either power or some other stat (maybe some defensive one for other parts) tied to it, together they mix and give you some form of rating. A rating that gives an indication of your power vs the mobs, a rating that tells you that you can go to the next "area" to take on mobs fitting for that rating, only to grind the same-ish gear all over again to go to the next area to fight the next batch of mobs of the exact same difficulty as the previous. All because of a the lazy-solution-lets-use-power-levels system.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Wow, I dont think I've ever seen such magnificent item design in a game ever before. /s

No wonder people are complaining about the itemization in Anthem. Just by looking at it I imagine all gear has either power or some other stat (maybe some defensive one for other parts) tied to it, together they mix and give you some form of rating. A rating that gives an indication of your power vs the mobs, a rating that tells you that you can go to the next "area" to take on mobs fitting for that rating, only to grind the same-ish gear all over again to go to the next area to fight the next batch of mobs of the exact same difficulty as the previous. All because of a the lazy-solution-lets-use-power-levels system.

Not at all. There's no such thing as "next area" or zones. You can go everywhere whenever you want. Difficulty is determined not by the area or the encounter (enemies don't have levels), but by the difficulty setting. If you play on easy, everything will be easy. If you play on Grand Master 3, everything will wreck you.

4 minutes ago, Corvid said:

The difference, in my eyes at least, is that Warframe back then was a hail mary for a studio that was on the verge of going bankrupt, and was developed in less than a year with a small budget and no external financial support, with no real template to go off (or others in the genre to take notes from).

My understanding put development at much closer to 10 but would say our understanding sync regarding almost everything else...except for the fact that back in the beginning combat was closer to what you might see in ME multiplayer.

28 minutes ago, Corvid said:

Anthem, on the other hand, had a generous budget, a lengthy development time, access to the marketing resources of a major publisher, and six years worth of competition to observe and learn from. That it still launched in a state that is comparable to Warframe's initial launch (at least in terms of content) in spite all of these advantages, is why the game is disappointing to me, and why people are bashing its launch state.

Which should lead everyone to wonder where the rest of the game is but that doesn't seem to be much of an asked question imo. 

Not for nothing, I think we all know what happens to Bioware if Anthem legit flops.

So why does a game that just launched have a full roadmap and whole tilesets and mission types that have been shown but aren't available in-game yet?

How can a game that just launched to bad reviews have devs giving glib replies about their future like they know their future is a fine already...Especially when EA is involved? 

...It doesn't add up to me.

Personally, I'm actually glad the reviews for the game suck. Now I get to watch Bioware hitch their wagon and make the game be a success despite them.

...It's not like they have much of a choice.

Absent all that, I'm a sucker for a good story.

• Like 1