Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anthem and what Warframe can learn from it

_Urakaze_

22 hours ago, breakdafunk said:

I would say that it can happen to every PS4 running Anthem but only when certain conditions occur. 

What are the conditions for the crash to occur? That is on BioWare to find out and resolve. They have already taken action by asking players about the circumstances.

But it's not happening to every PS4 running Anthem...That's rather the problem.

No one has said that it isn't on BW to figure out the problem and resolve it...All I am saying is that the issue might not solely lie with them specifically.

Given the number of these crashes that have occurred on every version of the PS4 over the years, I don't think that's much of a stretch.

A building to a dirty devkit could easily be causing these issues and both groups should have caught such an issue in certification QA.

It might also serve as a good talking point for folks here complaining aobut the time difference between PC and consoles as DE seems to test more rigorously before console cert. 

At the end of the day, BioWare has enough active issues on their hands to pile one more on in my opinion.

Anthem, for all its' good parts, is so close to being an un-mitigated flop that adding one more complaint just seems mean at this point. 

• Like 1

Just now, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

Mean, but entertaining nonetheless. 

Eh, I don't think so personally...

It's sad to see such a renowned developer fall so far imo.

Anthem is an awesome IP treated poorly. The differences between the 2017 reveal and today's game are so deep it's almost like consumers saw the final product 2 years ago and were asked to pay for the alpha version today.

Follow that up with the biggest string of boneheaded stunts I can imagine...

• You ask people to pay for the privilege to play a broken version of the game early...twice.
  • You have a cash shop but put nothing in it
  • You get advice from a developer with a track record of having done it right and opt to not follow it.
  • You get mad when you get roasted for it.

I'm less entertained than I am disappointed. 

19 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

Follow that up with the biggest string of boneheaded stunts I can imagine...

• You ask people to pay for the privilege to play a broken version of the game early...twice.
  • You have a cash shop but put nothing in it
  • You get advice from a developer with a track record of having done it right and opt to not follow it.
  • You get mad when you get roasted for it.

Honestly, I expected almost all of that the moment I saw the game was part of EA.  I think I even mentioned as much in previous topics before the game was available to play.