The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anthem and what Warframe can learn from it

_Urakaze_

5 hours ago, Mr.Fluffins said:

My personal very limited experience with the difficulty so far was the following - if you have the gear, you can move on to the next one, and the overall challenge level will stay the same. If you are undergeared, have fun getting 3-shot and unloading several clips and wasting all your cooldowns to kill one uncommon enemy (doesn't sound like fun to me).

Oh they did decide to go with the worst "progression" system of all. The one that makes you think you are progressing but you really arent.

Bet it works the same as in every other game that uses it. The core is a bunch of baseline numbers for mobs when it comes to damage output, hp etc. Ontop of that they add a percentage based on "power level" difference between you and the enemy, mission or zone. If your PL is lower than the enemy, mission or zone they will deal more damage and you will deal less by a set percentage. Gear in this case tend to do no remarkable difference aside from bringing the PLs closer together to the neutral start point.

So effectively they've got a system that lets you progress endlessly when not actually progressing at all. A wonderful way to hide design flaws and keep peons happy.

• Like 1

Just now, SneakyErvin said:

Oh they did decide to go with the worst "progression" system of all. The one that makes you think you are progressing but you really arent.

Bet it works the same as in every other game that uses it. The core is a bunch of baseline numbers for mobs when it comes to damage output, hp etc. Ontop of that they add a percentage based on "power level" difference between you and the enemy, mission or zone. If your PL is lower than the enemy, mission or zone they will deal more damage and you will deal less by a set percentage. Gear in this case tend to do no remarkable difference aside from bringing the PLs closer together to the neutral start point.

So effectively they've got a system that lets you progress endlessly when not actually progressing at all. A wonderful way to hide design flaws and keep peons happy.

It is in fact literally how you said.

Higher difficulties are basically "enemies have x00% more hp and deal x00% more damage but you get rarer drops."

All gear is basically the same thing, common gun is just a gun with base stats, uncommon gun is exactly the same, but you get +2% shields/hp/whatever.

2 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

I believe DE did do well with WARFRAME. This type of games type is really hard to make it 100% great because making WARFRAME is not a easy stuff but DE did it quite well.. Now Anthem need to go through what WARFRAME had go through.. 

2 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

I've honestly not noticed it, I've seen far more of the "nothing Anthem does is good, everything Warframe does is excellent" type of comment.

Which is so completely disingenuous and detrimental to the games as a whole that is just boggles my mind. Neither game is perfect, frankly both are a long long way from perfect. But there are things that each game does better than the other, and pretending otherwise and acting the way some people have been is... pure salt.

I mean, turning down additional customisation options just because the suggestion comes from an EA game. Sheesh...

People are starting to choose sides and I get it...Even if I don't entirely agree with the practice.

This entire thread is an ode to, "Hey!! Let's look at what Anthem does better than Warframe" on Warframe's own forums.

That's like me going to the UK, hitting a pub in the UK and spouting off about what makes America great as compared to them.

...While I can hope for civil discourse in that scenario I can probably realistically expect a reaction ranging from a spirited debate to getting cracked on the noggin instead.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

People are starting to choose sides and I get it...Even if I don't entirely agree with the practice.

This entire thread is an ode to, "Hey!! Let's look at what Anthem does better than Warframe" on Warframe's own forums.

That's like me going to the UK, hitting a pub in the UK and spouting off about what makes America great as compared to them.

...While I can hope for civil discourse in that scenario I can probably realistically expect a reaction ranging from a spirited debate to getting cracked on the noggin instead.

In General Discussion? Yeah, I can see it being perceived that way.

However it's not like it's unusual for people to post feedback in here, and the thread posts the feedback well imo. Issue is, I fully expect these comments to appear even if it were posted in feedback... :thinking:

I've been saying for ages that we need new animations. they're so bland and don't show any emotion. a new run animation is definitely needed especially since it's on your screen 100% of the time. I don't understand how these things get overlooked when games like Nier;Automata and now Anthem have proved how important stuff like this is for gameplay.

13 minutes ago, ItsGem said:

I've been saying for ages that we need new animations. they're so bland and don't show any emotion. a new run animation is definitely needed especially since it's on your screen 100% of the time. I don't understand how these things get overlooked when games like Nier;Automata and now Anthem have proved how important stuff like this is for gameplay.

NzME.gif

So .. we still need to see how the actual launch is to draw any real conclusions ..

But, the thing I most want warframe to copy so far is this group interaction:

My friend invites me, we're in a group of 3

We launch a public mission, random player joins us

We finish the mission, bounce back to town.

We're now in our original group of 3 again. 

Very nice. 

What can the demo version of the game teach the beta version of the game?)
But seriously ... beautiful landscapes. Looks like "Avatar".
It's all. Destiny 2 "hooked" me right away. Warframe "hooked" me right away. Anthem ... for some reason I did not feel the fight. Yes, the machine gun shoots, grenades fly, enemies are not plush ... but something is missing.
The game is still raw in my opinion. Both technically and in gameplay. In general, the issue of purchase, I will decide not earlier than three months after the release.
A little disappointed to be honest.

1 hour ago, DeMonkey said:

However it's not like it's unusual for people to post feedback in here, and the thread posts the feedback well imo. Issue is, I fully expect these comments to appear even if it were posted in feedback... :thinking:

Feedback? Yes.

Feedback on competing games? That normally happens on the forums for those other games ...Unless they don't have one.

Guardians of a mind to trash Warframe typically did it on Destiny's Forums.

Tenno wishing to trash Destiny typically did it on Warframe's Forums.

Freelancers-to-be don't have a forum to go to so they apparently are doing it here...and likely on Destiny's forums too.

Put simply...It's just one more thing we can blame on Bioware and EA 😂

It's readily apparent that the OP has asked for people to find faults with a five yr old game based on the merits of a demo from a currently unreleased game....On their own forum no less.

We can't get annoyed that Anthem is getting trashed here...By even drawing the comparisons here, we should reasonably expect nothing less.

Either way, it's only for a few more weeks then the game launches and people gravitate to where they wish to be most. 

Edited by Padre_Akais
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Falconer777 said:

It's all. Destiny 2 "hooked" me right away. Warframe "hooked" me right away. Anthem ... for some reason I did not feel the fight. Yes, the machine gun shoots, grenades fly, enemies are not plush ... but something is missing.

Maybe more...

Spoiler

9 hours ago, rune_me said:

Comboing in Anthem has nothing to do with multiplayer. It's just a matter of following up one type of attack with another. Of course in group play you can customize a team to have one player focus on the role of setting enemies up for the other players to combo. But that's no different than building a specific team in Warframe where each player does one specific task (trin for healing, mesa for DPS, banshee for buffs, etc). But you can still combo just fine solo.

We don't need customization at all. It's not essential to have it. But it's nice. And it will be nicer if we had more, and better, than what we currently have.

1. why do you think I quote feeling "defiance" game, there is combo that ppl aren't ware in that game but its weird and clonk and didn't work out, as now anthem doing similar but better but it doesn't work out well for other players because of several things like

- uncooperative with each other or terrible coordination skills

- A lone wolf for ppl don't like be in team

- players who leory jakin (sorry to leory)

- Lastly ignoring combo-ing

Plus warframe has its own unique combo and don't need to follow the example of Anthum which our warframe can do solo or with group and it is meant to be doing both roles and if Anthum have to rely on co-op team and show how hard single person to kill a unit by themselves its like you throw piece of someone game that I know of and mix it with gears of war game and tada you got jet booster on...these grunts.  Warframe is meant to be co-op or single whatever how the players want to play as to be even thou having a team they can do their own things.

2. I just said that in the same phrase you said, we can customized our outfitting already it just that we don't need anthum's provoke act on the warframe.  As I know warframe is warframe and nothing need to be change of its customized chose which we have tons and enough to be and we don't need keep on changing everything and if we do keep on doing that everyone  will want to leave its like a work job keep on changing the rules and work place alot for its not good and become hazarded.

12 hours ago, (XB1)Skiller115 said:

I used to play that back on the 360 but after that hot awful garbage copy and paste "sequel" Defiance 2050 I dropped that turd completely for Warframe!

don't start with that stuff...I was a fool buying that game and I thought it was going blow off my feet because its the 1st MMORPG that has GUNS and now they stab that in everyone foot! Oh right ppl who own defiance which the company Trion Wolrd got freaking sue by the own upper room guys and let go 3/4 their employees so give a clap to them. (because they deserve it for that sarcastic clap!)

Edited by ChaoticEdge

28 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

It's readily apparent that the OP has asked for people to find faults with a five yr old game based on the merits of a demo from a currently unreleased game

That's not the way I'm reading it, personally.

To me, it looks like a misguided effort to provide feedback on things within Anthem they'd like to see in Warframe. I don't see anything else, no ulterior movties, certainly no "asking people to find faults".

30 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

We can't get annoyed that Anthem is getting trashed here...By even drawing the comparisons here, we should reasonably expect nothing less.

I'd likely feel the same regardless of the game, but I take your point. Doesn't mean I have to like it though, and I'll probably still argue purely because I believe such a mindset to be detrimental to the future of both games.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

I'd likely feel the same regardless of the game, but I take your point. Doesn't mean I have to like it though, and I'll probably still argue purely because I believe such a mindset to be detrimental to the future of both games.

I hear ya bud..

We all just need to keep a cool head and remember that a little friendly competition is good for everybody...Especially us players.

Anthem has their Demo and we got Acolytes.

The nice thing about this thread is that there hasn't been much heat in it and folks are upbeat.

It's all good things...

giphy.gif 

2 minutes ago, BloodKitten said:

20$ skins vs 5-6$ community skins (plat on consoles) that if given more freedom can be a great source for delux skins.

I've yet to see the proof that the $20 claim is anything more than a guess, if you have proof I'd love to see it. 

Furthermore the skins are available for an in-game credit cost. I understand that this will also likely be very costly to incentivise the premium purchase but please, don't misrepresent.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

actually, thats not completely true. higher tier gear also has more special effects to allow more different playstyles rather than just generic number boosts.

2 hours ago, ChaoticEdge said:

1. why do you think I quote feeling "defiance" game, there is combo that ppl aren't ware in that game but its weird and clonk and didn't work out, as now anthem doing similar but better but it doesn't work out well for other players because of several things like

- uncooperative with each other or terrible coordination skills

- A lone wolf for ppl don't like be in team

- players who leory jakin (sorry to leory)

- Lastly ignoring combo-ing

I think you missed my point. You can combo on your own. If you are a lone wolf or you leroy jenkins it, you can still do the combos. There's no need for teamwork and uncooperative players will not get in the way of you using a combo on an enemy. You could coordinate it with your team, but you don't need to. Just attack an enemy with one of your equipped attacks to prepare it for a combo, then attack it with another equipped attack to trigger the combo. That's all it takes. It's not a deep and complicated system, it's just a way to increase your damage quickly and efficiently.

4 hours ago, Falconer777 said:

Destiny 2 "hooked" me right away. Warframe "hooked" me right away. Anthem ... for some reason I did not feel the fight. Yes, the machine gun shoots, grenades fly, enemies are not plush ... but something is missing. ...

I am quite new to Warframe, I started playing about a month ago, actually due to the comments on an Anthem preview. 😉
Discovering Warframe I feel like Alice in Wonderland, it has such a unique design, so much to learn about, so many crazy little things.
And of course the quite special movement/combat, which reminds me of the good old Quake3 times in terms of finesse (Sorry DE, I know you were on the Unreal side...;))

On the Anthem demo I see nothing like that, which is why it doesn`t hook me. Frankly I was bored before the first mission ended, and then forced myself through two more in order to give it a fair chance. It just all feels generic, nothing is bad, but nothing stands out either. In terms of combat I had more fun with Andromeda tbh..
Of course in the end it`s just personal preference, I am sure Anthem will have it`s fans too.

So, to relate to the topic title, aside from the general "something can be learned from everything" I don`t see much for Warframe to learn here.

Edited by D1sTrust

You know what I saw while playing Anthem the last 2 days? Not a warframe rip off at all... it was a Destiny rippoff. It's not even hard to see that someone over at EA was like "make me destiny!" And bioware just did that with a ironman twist. The missions (and for that matter the base gameplay itself) are exactly the same! Far as im concerned the only thing warframe needs to learn from anthem is OP's number 2, those customization options are actually pretty good.

Edited by (PS4)primethief147
Wrong developer xD
  • Like 1