Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery should give more rewards

fatpig84

Yeah specifically it should give slots. 
As an MR26 founder with waaay too much slots to spare (i would have even more if i sold my non-prime frames and non-prime sentinels, but I don't need to, i got enough to keep em all), I have admit this is something I take for granted since i got plenty of plat.

So how the rewards be given out ?

Say 1 frame slot, 1 weapon slot every 5 MR ranks.

So at MR30. The dude will have 7 frame slots (first is free) and 7 weapon slots (first 2 is free).
But let's not kid ourselves, once past MR 10, plat earning power is increased quite significantly.
So they will just be nice bonuses.

So why give them free
I seen waaay too many low level or players with less than stellar finances, so I still think tying slots to MR is a good way to at least a good form of progression.

Why not trade for it ?
Why not sell syndicate stuff or rivens or even ducat fodder some might say?
Well if you are low MR level, even ducat fodder primed weapons are powerful.
A Lex prime set sells for a mere 15P, but it is still arguably one of the most powerful side arms in the game, even though its considered Ducat fodder.
Syndicates well lets just say at MR26, I can do both 5k and 22k rep caps in the same day since I got a 27K cap.
Lowbies with 5K cap a day will have it real rough to even reach R10 of a syndicate, which is where their good stuff are at (mods / arcanes etc).

Sortie rewards like rivens are too hit or miss to be a reliable source of plat.

Hey this seems familiar
Yeah older players might have seen such a thread from me before but I still firmly believe we need a bigger carrot to have greater player retention.

P.S. Revised a bit since once every 5 levels seems more reasonable.

Edited by fatpig84
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, fatpig84 said:

So why give them free
I seen waaay too many low level or players with less than stellar finances, so I still think tying slots to MR is a good way to at least a good form of progression.

Since there are children starving in Africa, DE should give me tons of slots.

DE puts time and money into the game, why do players deserve their efforts for free?

• Like 2

It is very much not hard at all to make 12~20 plat in this game by trading. When I first started this game, someone recommended that I farm the 60 60 status mods from spy missions. Sold them for 6~8 plat each. It wasn't much, but it was more than enough to buy the slots I needed and more. Once I was able to farm nightmare and corrupted mods I started making even more plat, much more than I needed, which allowed me to by cosmetic items comfortably. You can make plenty of plat just by selling mods. If you sell mods, prime parts, and exclusive weapons, then you shouldn't have trouble getting plat unless you just don't want to trade.

I understand that not having enough slots is a pain, but DE has bills and workers to pay. So, either spend $5 here and there and buy the plat you need, or do a bit of work for it like the rest of us.

I can see your argument but I don't agree on handing out so many slots since that's the only thing a free player really has to work for in this game. Maybe a frame slot at mr5 and a couple weapon slots at mr10 would be enough to get them going and that's more than enough time for them to get comfortable with the game enough to start farming vaults and such

• Like 2

3 hours ago, fatpig84 said:

So at MR30.
The dude will have 11 frame slots (first is always free) and 23 weapon slots.
And 6 AW / Pet / Sentinel / Sentinel weapon slots.

You'd think a MR 30 player would be able to easily farm that plat for themselves.

Other than that I agree with the person above me.

6 hours ago, uxx0 said:

You'd think a MR 30 player would be able to easily farm that plat for themselves.

Other than that I agree with the person above me.

I have zero issue farming for plat, but I believe it gives free players more of something to look forward to.

MR already gives more than players often give credit.

If I take mostly the buy prices of various Rep based items from PoE, Syndicates and Fortuna....

• Exodia Force 350p (100k Rep) = 3.5p
  • Magus Repair 150p (100k Rep) = 1.5p
  • Virtuous Shadow 250p (100k Rep) = 2.5p
  • Pax Charge 70p (100k Rep) = 0.7p
  • Syndicate Melee 40p (125k Rep) = 0.48p

Total 8.68 Plat per Rank per day. The difference between MR1 and MR26 being about 212 plat a day.

Of course we don't cap all our Reps every single day. Just kinda showing the gears that move in the background.

1 hour ago, Xzorn said:

If I take mostly the buy prices of various Rep based items from PoE, Syndicates and Fortuna....

Total 8.68 Plat per Rank per day. The difference between MR1 and MR26 being about 212 plat a day.

Of course we don't cap all our Reps every single day. Just kinda showing the gears that move in the background.

That's not given though, that's locked behind a ton of mr..

1 hour ago, Xzorn said:

That works if you get 27K standing like myself, so I can unlock an Arcane and sell it within 4 days.
For those with less, it becomes much much harder.

In any case, high MRs don't really need to worry about plat since they have options available to sell stuff for plat without worry.
Not so for a low MR, hence I asked whether can we put in a bunch of slots as part of the MR level up.
Since going from MR 1 to MR 10 is pretty easy, while the rest require a bit more effort.