Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tennogen Missions - A solution for more fun and challenge

Toran

Wouldn't it be awesome if DE would come up with a weekly or monthly challenge mission created by us, the Tenno?

This could be realised by either a mission creator or by working our pitched ideas into a mission.

Imagine the possibilites if we could get missions outside the known paths! To prevent exploitations, there is no XP for Weapon and Warframes to be gained. Results could be segmented into tiers and rewards should be cosmetics or utilarian items (Forma, Potatoes, 3-Day boosters, credits).

Here some wild examples:

AIM FOR THE HEAD

Only Headshots count. No melee, no Warframe skills. Only your Headshots count for damage and kills. Can you call yourself a Marksman?

HOME ALONE

Your Warframe has a malfunction, you have to complete the mission with your Operator only.

PEDAL TO THE METAL

Test your piloting skills and navigate your Archwing through the trenches of a Corpus space facility (scale-up trench by 25%) as fast as you can.

BY THE SCORE!

Defense mission, starts at L100. Levels increase by 20 (a score) every wave! How long can you last?

LEFT TO SHRED

Extreme horde mode Mobile Defense spiced up with up to five Grineer Bosses per MD point.

SUPERSONIC SPEED

Get to the exit as fast as you can. Killing enemies increases your sprint speed by 0.05 per killed enemy. Void Dash or run, what will be faster?

DEMI GOD FOR 5

Fresh to the game? Wonder what it feels to be a have-it-all MR20+ Demigod Tenno? Get a preview of a multi-forma, riven-mod-stuffed, arcane-infused son of a gun and deal as much havoc you can within 5 minutes.

NINJA! NINJA! NINJA!

Platform Parcours with tricky switches. Shuriken only. No Operator. Just Ninja!

Edited by Toran
  • Like 5

image.png

It would be really nice of you to not use unnecessary formatting if you could.

Back on topic: Actual high tier challenges would be nice to have and since DE has "rework difficulty" on their roadmap we might even get to see something like that soon™.

9 minutes ago, (XB1)A Excal Umbra said:

This is too similar to the Council designed alerts DE allowed for a short amount of time. Not saying they can’t be brought back, but DE took them out for a reason. 

What was the reason? "Most of our players are not able to complete a mission more difficult than Sorties"?

• Like 3

vor 2 Minuten schrieb uxx0:

image.png

It would be really nice of you to not use unnecessary formatting if you could.

Back on topic: Actual high tier challenges would be nice to have and since DE has "rework difficulty" on their roadmap we might even get to see something like that soon™.

What was the reason? "Most of our players are not able to complete a mission more difficult than Sorties"?

Sorry, writing on my mobile phone. Format is kinda weird, can't help it. Can't recall the council alert, probably were not hard enough.

11 minutes ago, uxx0 said:

i think it was a couple of things: firstly, some (not all) DC members were deliberately trying to make the missions insanely hard simply to annoy other people,not to give them a fair challenge. it could be seen as a vindictive way of adding content, second, it was sort of around this time that DE started to abandon the idea of an "endurance endgame" and move more towards "bite-sized" content, preferring to make shorter, low-level missions to be replayed over and over. I guess DC alerts didn't fit with their change in design philosophy.

that's not to say people didn't complain; oh, there was quite a few complaints, but I also did all of the DC missions and honestly, some of them were kind of badly designed. one of those ideas which sounds good on paper but is terrible when executed.

• Like 1

vor 4 Minuten schrieb (PS4)robotwars7:

i think it was a couple of things: firstly, some (not all) DC members were deliberately trying to make the missions insanely hard simply to annoy other people,not to give them a fair challenge. it could be seen as a vindictive way of adding content, second, it was sort of around this time that DE started to abandon the idea of an "endurance endgame" and move more towards "bite-sized" content, preferring to make shorter, low-level missions to be replayed over and over. I guess DC alerts didn't fit with their change in design philosophy.

that's not to say people didn't complain; oh, there was quite a few complaints, but I also did all of the DC missions and honestly, some of them were kind of badly designed. one of those ideas which sounds good on paper but is terrible when executed.

With experiments you usually can't succeed without some errors.

Still, I'd prefer something to break through the monotony of DE's more-of-the-same design philosophy.

Be it missions that actually require hard skill or that are just totally whacky. Constant  variance would be very welcome.

• Like 3

This is a good idea... the sorties are tough and a bit varied but I would love another optional mission type that rotates every hour or day that is hard, sometimes too hard, that we can try and accomplish. If it were Tenno created that’s fine, if not, DE can make them. They have plenty of creative people who are capable of creating this game mode. 

Make rewards similar to sorties or such. 

1 hour ago, Orabell said:

Why not a Foundry System like Neverwinter ? Players could build their own missions and share them with others.

Best idea I've heard. The thing that was lacking in the foundry system were rewards, that wouldnt be a problem here really since everything has their own little drop table no matter the level.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)screamer420 said:

Yeah but see that's the problem what would the rewards be?  A lot of players don't play missions to have fun they want the rewards I think.  If DE could make a mission game mode that's super fun then this might change a little I guess.

Define fun, for all 30 some million players.

vor 20 Stunden schrieb (XB1)Thy Divinity:

What endgame?

You want endgame how about this:

FASHION WEEKLY

Bring your hottest fashion frame to a walk-off challenge on a relay station. Relay visitors vote the most fashionable contestant.

vor 10 Stunden schrieb (PS4)screamer420:

Yeah but see that's the problem what would the rewards be?  A lot of players don't play missions to have fun they want the rewards I think.  If DE could make a mission game mode that's super fun then this might change a little I guess.

I know what you mean. The mission itself can be a reward if it's fun. As some point out, people define fun differently, an argument more to beef up variations.

I find hard to get cosmetic for bragging rights are very popular reward in other mp games. Would trigger less envy than an exclusive weapon too.

vor 19 Stunden schrieb Orabell:

Why not a Foundry System like Neverwinter ? Players could build their own missions and share them with others.

A mini editor would be nice already and some code for a given map layout, so all face the same experience for the challenge.

I really liked the bucket challenges in Forza Horizon 3. You drove a certain route and your mates could try to beat it in the very same car.

Imagine similar in Warframe!