Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JackHargreav

Why people want more Umbra?

6 minutes ago, Kerberos-3 said:

But, there is? He isn't a useless statue when in Operator form and his 2 removes Sentient resistances.

What good is that if he dies just as fast as Regular Excalibur and you have to kill Sentients anyway to get the Frame in the first place.... alot of them infact. So if you can get him you literally just proved you never needed him in the first place.

And seriously who wants to start the Endo Grind all over again for Umbra Mods ? Especially if they're only good for Umbra. 

3 hours ago, Lutesque said:

And seriously who wants to start the Endo Grind all over again for Umbra Mods ? Especially if they're only good for Umbra. 

A lot of high MR-s do, some having more endo than they can spend.

DE gave this small upgrade which might mean they don't ignore long time players completely.

Whether is it Umbra polarities in the form of a new Umbra frame, allowing them to fit in Umbral Intensify without compromise. More Umbral mods that have double or more of the stats of their original counterpart. Or some stupid mechanic that lets them do less.

It's mostly boils down to chasing bigger numbers or lazier gameplay. If all Umbra didn't come with Umbral mods, people would just be asking for more Primed mods.

I wonder if the same debate was made when the first prime was revealed. 

And I do not want an umbra frame per se, I want means to have an umbral polarity and the ability for my frames to be more than statues (useless or not is not the point)

the tau resist is not a big deal, the scarf is super cool - yes - but tenno Gen exists so I don't mind if no scarf regular frames are umbrafied. 

I foresee a umbral forma that adds personality (literally) to any frame, if it slightly changes one of the attributes  - without impacting overall playstyle- I wouldn't mind it.

But the said umbral forma needs to be more than just a resource, some backstory of the frame (when it was human) is more important to me. 

2 hours ago, kgabor said:

A lot of high MR-s do, some having more endo than they can spend.

The game has more people that are struggling to get Endo than it does people who don't know what to do with all the endo they have.... in which case they should change when that quest becomes availavle so that by the time you get Umbra you already have the Resources to upgrade atleast one of those Mods.

2 hours ago, kgabor said:

DE gave this small upgrade which might mean they don't ignore long time players completely.

Long yeah think that Honeymoon ended for those players super quickly when they ralised Umbra is still just Like Regular excalibur.

I havent seen any of the players who were around before me look twice at him... only the players around my level seem to want him more than anything... well... assuming we don't count Mesa Prime. 

1 hour ago, Lutesque said:

The game has more people that are struggling to get Endo than it does people who don't know what to do with all the endo they have.... in which case they should change when that quest becomes availavle so that by the time you get Umbra you already have the Resources to upgrade atleast one of those Mods.

Tbh. i think it's good it's available to new players, that way they know what kind of mods they want to farm for to rank first and they don't waste Forma, Reactor and Exilus on normal Excal, they can just set getting Umbra and ranking Umbral mods as goal first and that also gives them an incentive to progress in the game, like a legendary item in RPG-s.

Imagine how Excal fans would feel finally reaching the Index and Sortie levels and getting the better version in the quest, it would probably make even Endo drops in missions and Ayatans in sorties less painful for them if they had a goal for which these are needed.

Yeah I really do not want to see more umbra frames. I presume the only reason Excalibur Umbra exists is it was a way to give the rest of us an upgraded Excalibur since you can’t get his prime anymore, and at the same time to give us a bit of lore about how warframes came into existence in the first place. I think from a story standpoint, Umbra is the same as the primes. They were Ballas’ design, made with Orokin technology. There’s no reason for any more umbras to exist.

From a gameplay perspective, no, I do not want yet another set of the same warframes we already have and have already used. I do not want to grind for another copy of the same frame. I do not want to level up another copy multiple times, I do not want to spend more forma and more reactors on another copy of something I already have. I do not want to consume even more slots to hold all these additional coppies. It’s just not necessary.

7 hours ago, kgabor said:

Tbh. i think it's good it's available to new players, that way they know what kind of mods they want to farm for to rank first and they don't waste Forma, Reactor and Exilus on normal Excal, they can just set getting Umbra and ranking Umbral mods as goal first and that also gives them an incentive to progress in the game, like a legendary item in RPG-s.

If you're a new player and you pour all your resource into Umbra then its still a waste because Umbra is still just excalibur.... any problems Excalibur has will transfer over to Umbra.... his gimmick hasn't made him ideal for any type of mission. Not good at stealth, not good at defense... not good at Crowd Control and not good at Synergy/Support. They call him "Generic Space Ninja" for a reason... and Umbra is just Generic Space Ninja's Hotfix

7 hours ago, kgabor said:

Imagine how Excal fans would feel finally reaching the Index and Sortie levels and getting the better version in the quest, it would probably make even Endo drops in missions and Ayatans in sorties less painful for them if they had a goal for which these are needed.

Excalibur Fans ? That's a thing ? :O 

I mean I've heard they existed but I've never met one.... when the grinding gets hard everybody seems to drop him for someone way more effective. Even Starting off with Volt would be better since Volt actually has one area where he shines where Excal and Mag have neither.

I dont know if any one else said this but with a line of Umbra frames it would be more of a lore point than me wanting mechanics or frames. The ideas of how the frames were created as presented in The Sacrifice should lead to the frames, like the Sentients, becoming an hopefully an ally against the problems of the system. I would even be happy if I could just augment existing frames for it rather than DE having to make new versions.

3 minutes ago, Lightsaltlight said:

I dont know if any one else said this but with a line of Umbra frames it would be more of a lore point than me wanting mechanics or frames. The ideas of how the frames were created as presented in The Sacrifice should lead to the frames, like the Sentients, becoming an hopefully an ally against the problems of the system. I would even be happy if I could just augment existing frames for it rather than DE having to make new versions.

I think only the original frames should get an umbra

On 2019-01-30 at 3:47 AM, Kerberos-3 said:

They haven't actually. They just got put on the backburner while Fortuna was being worked on.

Tbh I'm not fussed about the trailers but they've been on the backburner for months now. 

Should find some sort of alternative. Maybe in the form of graphic images/comics as they've already said they plan on using for stuff in the future. 

Umbra is just reskin Excalibur
nothing new same like prime warframe.
they are just reskin with some stats tweaked.
i was kinda expecting a new skill set but no
it just another reskin prime warframe but with different prefix

On 2019-01-29 at 2:50 PM, JackHargreav said:

Why people want more Umbra?

to pretend we have more warframe selection available, also bling.

Le 30/01/2019 à 06:29, Lutesque a dit :

Especially if they're only good for Umbra. 

That one you know It's not true really. But everything else I agree with.

13 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

That one you know It's not true really. But everything else I agree with.

Until they allow you to add Umbra Polarities into other gear then yes... Its not worth putting Umbra mods unless you over forma the frame so that they can fit.... They are essentially Primed Mods that you're not allowed to make more effecient.

il y a 1 minute, Lutesque a dit :

Until they allow you to add Umbra Polarities into other gear then yes... Its not worth putting Umbra mods unless you over forma the frame so that they can fit.... They are essentially Primed Mods that you're not allowed to make more effecient.

Yeah. That is true.

3 hours ago, HEA-Devazone said:

Same. :-/

4 hours ago, HEA-Devazone said:

Umbra is just reskin Excalibur
nothing new same like prime warframe.
they are just reskin with some stats tweaked.
it just another reskin prime warframe but with different prefix

This might not be related to the topic, but HEA, do you remember a person called Gabriel?

I rly like umbra story but i cant play something like excalibur Wish to eweryone pick umbra one chosed frame