Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stalker mode ideas

Arzete

41 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

One thing that does crop up is the following: people complaining about how Operators are too good vs the Stalker. Not gonna lie chaps, I like my Operator, I put some real effort into earning Focus, building and stacking Operator Arcanes, building and gilding Amps, so, if PvP mode whining results in my carefully built Operator being nerfed, I will be righteously pissed.

Yeah, I agree. This mode will likely just be a gimmick and as such should not have a negative impact on already earned Operator progression.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NocheLuz said:

Also, I do like how @BornWithTeeth try to tell me that when I type Exclusive rewards he would ask me 'Is that included cosmetics?' everytime lol... And to answer that... No, I only mean Mod/BP/Weapons.

I'm sorry if it came across that way, but you actually kinda didn't make that clear. You answered my question by saying "Eh, it's a grey area, it matters more to some people than others, I don't really care, some people would really go in and play for them..."

Sorry man, but that's very much a non-answer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Sorry man, but that's very much a non-answer.

It's kinda lose to me over time. Because I would say Mod/BP almost everytime before that... and somehow it's lose to be just exclusive rewards... (which still mean Mod/BP/Weapons in my mind...)

I'm sorry for not make it clear.

On 2019-01-30 at 10:09 PM, Gamma745 said:

My question would be, if DE could do this, why should this be limited to just Stalker? Why not apply this to every boss, field boss, or even normal grunts?

thats what i want the grunts to bullet jump and also use sliding, its boring to be able to see the coolest bosses and enemies killed oneshot by a powerful teammate, theres no level synchronizing algorithimgs like mmorpgs final fantasy xiv party system at least syncs players so the only people in warframe doing all the winning are highlevel palyers who get to the objective because they are faster and have a bigger gun or strong mods, not everyone knows how to mod or equip well. The same goes for the troupes souldiers who are ill equiped, they should have some merits of their own dominantmind, to establish solid ground, they arent allowed to revive each other, or enfeeble, they cant cause detriments in most standart missions, also the stalker and most fight are repeat and two staggering for me to explain mmostly you want to see that enemies get their own special weapons that can be like bulelts that reduce movement speed and reduce firerate for players, elemental and aoe attacks, granades, etc.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)santospizarro said:

thats what i want the grunts to bullet jump and also use sliding, its boring to be able to see the coolest bosses and enemies killed oneshot by a powerful teammate, theres no level synchronizing algorithimgs like mmorpgs final fantasy xiv party system at least syncs players so the only people in warframe doing all the winning are highlevel palyers who get to the objective because they are faster and have a bigger gun or strong mods, not everyone knows how to mod or equip well. The same goes for the troupes souldiers who are ill equiped, they should have some merits of their own dominantmind, to establish solid ground, they arent allowed to revive each other, or enfeeble, they cant cause detriments in most standart missions, also the stalker and most fight are repeat and two staggering for me to explain mmostly you want to see that enemies get their own special weapons that can be like bulelts that reduce movement speed and reduce firerate for players, elemental and aoe attacks, granades, etc.

Calm down lad. Can you format those post with breaks and paragraphs? You sound like a kid on a sugar rush.

Just now, Gamma745 said:

Calm down lad. Can you format those post with breaks and paragraphs? You sound like a kid on a sugar rush.

keyboard oclusion, listen, just make suer that the game doesnt suck lol, also what i mean to say was that there are barely any powerful gameplay elements because the enemies are limited to weaker guns, they cant perform slides or throwdown with bullet jumps, and like the OPsaid lacks chaous, i like my missions to have mroe types of enemies and trap elements, i mostly think that the weather should play a larger part in creating atmospheres for each type of sundry, saying the landscapes are barely useful and should be akin to gameplay to prolong fights, fruitycheese cravings, pepsi cravings, orangesoda cravings, demonology! boo! hah!

1 minute ago, (PS4)santospizarro said:
  • enemies can and should be formated to slide and bullet jump, revive teammates, and second chances if they are on the floor or enfeebled, they should be able to toss, grenades and break out in knife fights or betraying, brotherly, moods.

No, they shouldn't, and you don't even know if they can be.

Edited by Atsia

15 hours ago, (PS4)santospizarro said:
  • enemies can and should be formated to slide and bullet jump, revive teammates, and second chances if they are on the floor or enfeebled, they should be able to toss, grenades and break out in knife fights or betraying, brotherly, moods.

Perhaps not every single enemy, but having something that doesn't make conga lines to run straight down to my weapons would be much appreciated. I'd personally love it if eximus units were able to use basic parkour (sliding and/or bullet jumping) and there were new units able to navigate through the walls and ceiling while attacking us. Warframe lacks enemies able to surprise us after all.

Edited by ----Legacy----
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Aramil999 said:

Like it or not boys STALKER MODE is coming this year 😉

it will be fine, maybe 1 out of 10 Stalkers will try to troll, but most trolls simply fail. You know, they just get killed.

Worst Stalker can do is Down one player end.

the problem with stalker mode isn't that the stalker can "troll players", it's more that people just don't want to be forced into pvp while in a pve match.

if you add an opt out feature you'll solve the problem, but there's two serious problems with that;

1. if over half of the playerbase opts out and there's a lot of people queuing up for stalker mode, the time to get into a match will be incredibly long, which then results in the gamemode slowly dying down and falling into obscurity.
  2. only fans of conclave will chose to opt into the mode or play as the stalker, resulting in pro players who have hundreds of hours in warframe pvp being sent to fight little jimmy who has never touched conclave once.

stalker mode will bridge the gap between conclave and pve, but you're going to upset a lot of people who dislike pvp or prefer for the modes to stay separate.

the pvp tactical alert that ran about a year or two ago was the most hated tactical alert DE has ever ran, and it only rewarded an orbiter decoration as its unique item. imagine if stalker mode rewarded untradable pve items or cosmetics, there would be so many angry pve players than there are now about the exclusive conclave skins.

Edited by Refticus
  • Like 2

Just now, Aramil999 said:

@Refticus I think Stalker players will be able to invade every Public match as of now, so to opt out you can play Friends/Invites/Solo, but still majority will choose Public. Unless DE changes that.

why should i be forced to play solo just to avoid a feature i know i'm going to hate with a passion? why must i deal with pvp in a pve round? why am i being forced into a pvp scenario with no way out of it other than solo/invite only queuing?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Refticus said:

why should i be forced to play solo just to avoid a feature i know i'm going to hate with a passion? why must i deal with pvp in a pve round? why am i being forced into a pvp scenario with no way out of it other than solo/invite only queuing?

Ask DE, lmao.

If you expect any real answer that, well... im just a player. 

In my opinion no real damage can be done to the game, community and EVEN "PvE-only-community" since:

-Stalker marks get consumed when he invades you, so you can only be invaded few times then have to kill bosses,

-WORST Stalker can do to you, is down you ONCE and since it is possible to invade ONLY Public matches, someone will simply revive you (most likely),

-Stalker Player is at HUGE disadvantage, he has no good weapons (bows are terrible for PvP), no Operator, no AoE etc. and most likely will get one shooted...

I realy see no point other than "i hate PvP therefore I will not allow this cool idea that will most likely be great addition to game be implemented even if I lose NOTHING".

Get real, DE wante money, 

more players = more money,

most popular online games on Earth are all PvP ones,

therefore DE adds cool PvP mode to the game. End of story, few players will not change reality.

i

20 minutes ago, Aramil999 said:

Ask DE, lmao.

If you expect any real answer that, well... im just a player. 

In my opinion no real damage can be done to the game, community and EVEN "PvE-only-community" since:

-Stalker marks get consumed when he invades you, so you can only be invaded few times then have to kill bosses,

-WORST Stalker can do to you, is down you ONCE and since it is possible to invade ONLY Public matches, someone will simply revive you (most likely),

-Stalker Player is at HUGE disadvantage, he has no good weapons (bows are terrible for PvP), no Operator, no AoE etc. and most likely will get one shooted...

I realy see no point other than "i hate PvP therefore I will not allow this cool idea that will most likely be great addition to game be implemented even if I lose NOTHING".

Get real, DE wante money, 

more players = more money,

most popular online games on Earth are all PvP ones,

therefore DE adds cool PvP mode to the game. End of story, few players will not change reality.

let me address all of the problems you've just said here.

1. "In my opinion no real damage can be done to the game, community and EVEN "PvE-only-community" since" - despite all of the players who have said that they intend on quitting if stalker mode is a forced gametype? despite all the players who have been vocal about how much they DON'T want stalker mode? it's going to cause more harm than good and that's looking at it now. if a gamemode is already hated before release, imagine how much hate it'll receive after.
  2. "Stalker marks get consumed when he invades you, so you can only be invaded few times then have to kill bosses," - oh so the solution is to stop playing a chunk of the game if i don't want to deal with a dumb feature? that's never a good way to fix a problem. additionally, what if i'm farming stalker for the weapon blueprint drops? what do i do then? just accept that i'm going to be forced into pvp scenarios without my consent?
  3. "WORST Stalker can do to you, is down you ONCE and since it is possible to invade ONLY Public matches, someone will simply revive you (most likely)," - that's not the point i'm getting at here, people just don't want pvp while they're doing pve content, they don't want to be invaded by another player and forced to do pvp, they don't want to waste a revive on something they had no control over.
  4. "-Stalker Player is at HUGE disadvantage, he has no good weapons (bows are terrible for PvP), no Operator, no AoE etc. and most likely will get one shooted..." - he's going to get buffs and abilities on release 100%, plus the player stalker has a ton of health and resistances. you should also take into consideration his secondary and melee, both of which are incredibly good in the conclave if given to the right player. not the best, but good.
  5. "I realy see no point other than "i hate PvP therefore I will not allow this cool idea that will most likely be great addition to game be implemented even if I lose NOTHING"." - it's like you want me to have a migrane. if there's been so much pushback and controversy over stalker mode and very few people are actually in support of it, why would it be a great addition? once again, for the 300th time, PVE and PVP should remain SEPARATE. people need a choice to either play PVE or PVP content instead of forcing them to play PVP for no good reason other than "it cool tho" or "dark souls did it".
  6. "Get real, DE wante money, 

more players = more money," - of course, DE is a company and they want money, but stalker mode is going to impact their earnings if people quit due to it. they would be relying on a gamble of getting players who have already expressed how much they dislike pvp to enjoy it or gambling on appealing to a whole new market that may or may not exist.

7. "most popular online games on Earth are all PvP ones," - oh i've heard this one before! "conclave should have a battle royale mode" and "conclave should have a moba mode", both of which are met with people laughing at the idea and showing their disapproval. warframe is doing just fine with players right now and it's still growing; there's nothing wrong with being a PVE oriented game and the current PVP addition works just fine for players who want it.

8. "herefore DE adds cool PvP mode to the game. End of story, few players will not change reality." - we don't need another pvp mode, we've got 5 of them (Annihilation, Team Annihilation, Cephalon Capture, Lunaro, and Frame Fighter), with three of them being dead content that's only used by conclave boosters or meme rounds. pvp is incredibly unpopular and disliked by the vast majority of the community yet you want it to be forced onto all of them because "it cool tho" and "it'll bring player to pvp", with the first being your opinion and the second being incredibly unlikely.

just accept that PVE players are never going to change their mind, they downloaded warframe for the PVE experience and they want to play it for that. warframe doesn't need to copy other games as it's doing just fine in player count and retention. making warframe a "PVP first" game would result in alienating over half of the community and making it yet another copy paste sci-fi pvp shooter game.

Edited by Refticus
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Refticus said:

just accept that PVE players are never going to change their mind, they downloaded warframe for the PVE experience and they want to play it for that.

Warframe will not change with 1 update,

all this hate for PvP you speak about is coming from the same 20 or so players who spam every PvP related forum topic. 

Did you ever made a survey? At least asked on region chat in game (you know ask players who ACCTUALLY play the game)? No? I did ask many times on region chat, asked in my Clan (it has over few houndred active players), I asked my real life frineds from Warframe (they are NOT Conclavers), and guess what?

All of my friends, all of my Clan mates said that they would live to play as Stalker.

Region chat: I have seen at least 60 possitive answers and maybe 5 "never want any PvP".

Get real.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Aramil999 said:

Warframe will not change with 1 update,

all this hate for PvP you speak about is coming from the same 20 or so players who spam every PvP related forum topic. 

Did you ever made a survey? At least asked on region chat in game (you know ask players who ACCTUALLY play the game)? No? I did ask many times on region chat, asked in my Clan (it has over few houndred active players), I asked my real life frineds from Warframe (they are NOT Conclavers), and guess what?

All of my friends, all of my Clan mates said that they would live to play as Stalker.

Region chat: I have seen at least 60 possitive answers and maybe 5 "never want any PvP".

Get real.

300th time i'm saying this; PVP and PVE NEED to remain separate or be an opt in feature or you're going to upset PVE only players. stalker mode in its current form is spitting on the choices PVE players have made and saying "no #*!% you, play pvp right now".

my information on the playerbase comes from the dying conclave community, which peaks at about 50 players with the right conditions (weekend, peak time, etc), but compare that amount to the thousands of players who only play PVE. there's a reason why people don't like or never touch warframe PVP and it's important to respect that choice.

i'm not asking for DE to entirely scrap stalker mode, i'm asking for it to be a feature i don't have to deal with if i don't want to/feel like doing, like eidolon hunting, conclave, and sorties.

having players to never complete another boss isn't a viable "opt out" as you'll be locking content off from players, having players to always be in solo or friend/invite groups is NOT a solution as a lot of content relies on you having a team to do efficiency and not everyone wants to wait in recruiting chat for a long time. the ONLY way to NOT cause a s-storm on the forums is by making it an opt in feature.

stalker mode is NOT the magic key to reviving conclave as you keep on implying, it's going to generate more hate for it if everyone is forced to play/participate in it. the best way to fix the conclave isn't by adding yet another mode that will be forgotten in a week or a month if we're lucky, it's by adding QoL changes that make it easier to find matches and nerfs to overpowered weapons and abilities.

i am being real, i know how the community feels about PVP based on experience, there's going to be a lot of topics on the forums about stalker mode if/when it releases. consider that region chat and your clan aren't 100% of the community and that not everyone idles in the orbiter reading region chat.

Edited by Refticus
  • Like 1

@Refticus

PvE game will not change to PvP with something like Stalker Mode.

Stalker finally will be feared again. He will still be terribly weak, easy to cheese, very skill dependent (Dread, Despair, Hate are very hard to play with in PvP) etc.

But

players will finally have something to do outside of farming stupid calculator level AI enemies who on top of that die on one press of the button (Saryn/Volt nuking whole maps etc.) and Veterans like me who did everything in game and look for real challange (but still want to play Warframe, not any stupid 2D Shooter, yeah after Warframe PvP, every other game looks simply plain to me) can just invade and try my skill vs impossible odds of PvE loadouts, almost immortal Inaros, Nidus other skilled players, maybe stomp some newer players in between etc. Then simply go get invaded in some hotspots and farm some bosses to get invaded even more often. 

This is VERY good answer to legendary "Content Drought" that strikes Warframe every few weeks. Look at inasions in Dark Souls 3, no new content in YEARS no but still inasions are very alive

Yeah Conclave failed (pure PvP with almost NO impact on main aspect of the game called GRIND) if you play it, you fall FAR behind in grind fest so why bother.

Conclave probles is that it is SEPERATE from the game. Noone plays is? Yes. Why would they? This is generaly seperate game so why wouldn't they just go and play PvP focused game that is better. If you want to play REAL pvp in Warframe, with EVERYTHING you have in Warframe, in real WARFRAME enviroment, then there is simply NO such option. Stalker Mode maybe will be.

Lunaro is a joke (noone even asked for it),

HOWEVER Stalker Mode is something else, you can participate in it by simply playing normaly and doing normal grind it simply ADDS something fun to normal missions, it doesn't take players away from grind, it can't realy make you fail mission or anything like that, it is simply another challange in mission. Not stupid AI, not bullet spoonge, not invincibility phases, it doesn't FORCE you to play tanks (like profit-taker). Mag can be as deadly to Player Stalker as Chroma. 

I honestly see no downsides.

• Like 2

@Aramil999

yeah mate just side step around all of my arguments; "stalkr mode GOOD!!", "IT REVIV PVP!!", "why are PVE players so mad???"

there's plenty of downsides to stalker mode that you're ignoring just to push your own views;

1. PVE players being forced into PVP scenarios when they don't want to do so. <== please focus on this one it's very important.
  2. stalker player being a conclave god and crushing other players in a matter of seconds.
  3. potential rewards for stalker mode becoming part of the meta, which results in a lot more hate for PVP as PVE players will have to do stalker mode to get those rewards.
  4. potential rewards for stalker mode being complete garbage, resulting in few players bothering with it, similar to conclave if you're not interested in the skins.
  5. too many stalker players and too few viable games for those players to join, resulting in competition to be the stalker for a tile and/or every match being a player stalker encounter.
  6. no opt out feature planned, once again forcing PVE players into PVP for no good reason.
  7. if an opt out feature is added, very few players will opt in, resulting in stalker players not being able to find a match; dead gamemode here we come.
  8. player stalker being too underpowered, resulting in buffs being given that makes him too overpowered and unfun to fight against.
  9. player stalker being too overpowered, resulting in nerfs that make him die in one shot from a MK1-Braton.
  10. conclave losing players as they move on to try the stalker mode.
  11. if the player stalker drops items, it is 100% going to be abused to farm stalker drops. will severely devalue stalker spawn beacons if this is the case.
  12. if the player stalker drops nothing, why bother with them? especially if they deal little damage to you. additionally, players will be upset that they got nothing for their stalker fight and will have to fight a boss again to get the mark back.
  13. troll stalkers that will focus on objectives or helping the team.
  14. stalker players who are trying to boost their stalker syndicate rep; similar to conclave boosting.
  15. the "fun" stalker mode will bring is entirely opinionated; conclave players will find it fun, but what about the other 95% of the community who barely touch conclave or have never played it?
  16. gamemode eventually dying off from a lack of developer support, just like frame fighter and over half of the conclave gamemodes.
  17. learning curve for playing the stalker is all over the place; if you're a new player and you're sent to fight a conclave master, you'll lose within seconds, alternatively if you're a conclave master fighting a new or unprepared player, you'll win within seconds. matches will become too fast.
  18. players quitting after one to many bad experiences with stalker players; especially new players who come in expecting a PVE experience but instead get thrown into a PVP scenario for no good reason.
  19. players just leaving the match if a player controlled stalker spawns.
  20. warframe's PVP system is pretty unique, skills from other shooters won't transfer over easily which increases the learning curve further.

wow! 20 unique reasons why stalker mode can fail and fall flat on its face! lets look at what would make it good shall we?

1. could be fun to play as.
  2. cool cosmetic potential.
  3. lore.
  4. pvp content.

wowie! that's four reasons! amazing!

i'd also like to remind you that warframe is not dark souls and they're entirely different games with different design philosophies; what works in dark souls will not work as well in warframe. plus if you were to make warframe just like dark souls then you'd be scaring off a chunk of the player base and hoping to get a chunk of dark soul's player base to recover from that loss.

in my opinion, warframe is not suffering from a content drought at all; we get new weapons and skins almost weekly along with recurring events to fill in the gaps (Acolytes, Plague Star, Ghoul Invasion, Razorback, and Fomorian). the fortuna update brought so much to the table for me that i'm still trying to get through all of it. heck, i'm still not done with operator AMPs and arcanes.

if you want to see what a real content drought is, look at Team Fortress 2; it hasn't received a major update that added a new weapon in over a year, yet they're still happy to play the game as it is.

challenge in warframe exists, and it's in the form of Orb Mother Fights, Tridolon Captures, and Conclave.

if you feel like you've got nothing to do in warframe, maybe it's time to take a step back and play other games for a while? a good break from a game will result in more content to be waiting for you when you get back. if you like dark souls invasion system so much why not play it?

Edited by Refticus
  • Like 1

I get the distinct feeling that someone is completely glossing over valid points just to promote their own agenda.  

Let's just keep this simple then.  Why shouldn't I have the option to opt-out even in public mode?  

I would like a very good and honest answer to that one very important question please.

edit: I ask this because this one question is mostly the only thing that really matters to most PvE players.  We aren't really against Stalker mode as long as we have the option to opt-out and not be forced into it.  Why this seems to be such a hard concept for some to grasp is somewhat amazing to me.  

Edited by DatDarkOne
added context.
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

I get the distinct feeling that someone is completely glossing over valid points just to promote their own agenda.  

Let's just keep this simple then.  Why shouldn't I have the option to opt-out even in public mode?  

I would like a very good and honest answer to that one very important question please.

edit: I ask this because this one question is mostly the only thing that really matters to most PvE players.  We aren't really against Stalker mode as long as we have the option to opt-out and not be forced into it.  Why this seems to be such a hard concept for some to grasp is somewhat amazing to me.  

Because DE decides stuff and not me nor you and DE has no idea how to make Stalker Mode work with option to opt out. That's it your 100% honest answer. Yup it doesn't solve anything but it is the closest thing to impossible "objective truth". 

Honestly how would you see a way to implement it so there are always players to invade and make it opt out? This is very good question.

My ideas would be:

1. Totally change Stalker Mode so players can invade and get invaded ONLY in special locations (Stalker hideouts?) where you can farm some good stuff (relics, formas, Stalker Standing, maybe arcanes? etc.) and there you would get invaded ALWAYS. 

No chance since DE will not rework whole ready mode.

2. Make simple opt in/out button. Bad idea as it would ruin mode and waste resources that DE put into it. You would be able ONLY to invade new uninformed players, they would be potentialy turned off from game. No chance for this option. DE loves new players and will never make any move that makes them not like game.

3. Make so only "Stalker Syndica" members can invade each other. Well it would turn into Conclave sooooo DE will ignore this too.

4. Maybe you can buy Stalker Invasion token for Stalker Standing that you can use to invade 1 time so it is very rare and hard to invade others? Or something like this. Well acctally this is possible but it doesn't fix anything XD

5. Opt out by going Invites/Friends only or Solo. Well DE simply choose this one. Now noone can complain that there is no opt out. 

Give some better ideas? Don't attack or give meaningless opinions such as "i hate PvP therefor DE must delete any PvP modes" because this brings nothing to the discusion.

edit: Well of course I get it that maybe 5% to 20% of players that play Warframe hate PvP with passion of some war maniac who decided to kill one nation but you are "sadly" not majority of players. Most players in game i spoke to are waiting to see and play Stalker Mode. Some players will always not be happy with something but don't force your worldview on "majority". If it gets impossible for you to stomach... well you can always change game.

Edited by Aramil999
added answer for "edit" abobve.

2 hours ago, Aramil999 said:

". If it gets impossible for you to stomach... well you can always change game.

Did you really just use that as an answer when you have previously dismissed that very reply as a response to your own argument?  

All I have to say to that is just...WOW.  

• Like 4

where are these armies of support for stalker mode you keep on mentioning? i've seen nothing but people criticising the mode and only you pushing it as the "greatest thing to happen to warframe". is it so hard to believe that people have different opinions to you online? is it so hard to understand that not 100% of the community shares your views? is it to hard to just accept that an opt in feature is absolutely necessary to stop an inevitable forum riot?

the excuse of "just play in invite/friends/solo groups" is invalid as you'll be locking yourself off from so much content and making the game incredibly difficult. we're not asking for pvp to deleted as many of us here in this board like it and want to see it grow, we just believe that stalker mode isn't the silver bullet to all the problems warframes pvp system is facing and will simply make pvp worse for everyone, including pve players.

please stop saying that we're blindly hating on pvp, this is the conclave subforum/board and most of us have played hundreds of hours of conclave because we enjoy it.

13 hours ago, Aramil999 said:

If it gets impossible for you to stomach... well you can always change game.

i can say the same to you; you want warframe to be just like dark souls or other pvp oriented shooters, but you're not taking the advice of just playing those games that are "so great" because of random pvp encounters.

i should not have to quit warframe just because you want a feature very few people want.

that quote has to be one of the most dismissive things i've heard from you; i think i'm done talking to a brick wall here because you're refusing to take any advice that goes against your own opinion.

Edited by Refticus
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Datam4ss said:

I just don't get it. For all those guys who just want Stalker mode and PVP improvements, Warframe is not the only game in the game market unless a huge population of people are actually delusional and seeing things in Steam that aren't in Steam. Can't you all just go get CoD, Battlefield, Titanfall or whatnot for the PVP fix? Or for MOBA, go play LoL or DotA. You want the invade, go play Dark Souls. It's not going to kill anyone to NOT play Warframe.

Even tough there are plenty of other pvp games in the market, none of them plays like warframe, so "go play something else" isn't a valid argument and even less if you use generic run&gun games as examples. I see nothing wrong on defending an opt-in/out system of stalker mode, but going as far to telling others to go play something else really shows where does the toxicity in this supposedly welcoming community comes from. Also the same argument could go both ways since there are also plenty of PvE games out there, so none of us is able to dictate what others should be playing. (This applies for @Aramil999 as well)

Like there's always a bunch of players in every game that wants the game to be like another game, while downright refusing to play the other game for arbitrary reasons even if the other game is equally good or even better at delivering the content they are looking for.

Could you point me to any other free to play game able to run even in low specs machines with access to a decent customization system in terms of cosmetics, can mix and match nearly any piece lf my obtained gear and customize it to fit my play style and skills, along a parkour system with offering three dimensional freedom of mobility?

None of your examples (CoD, Battlefield, Titanfall, LoL or DotA) has the upsides lf warframe nor manages to offer a similar experience, so it would be nice to stop with that "there ar other games" nonsense.

It seems pathetic and idiotic, doesn't it?

Perhaps to you and others who don't care about the pvp side of the game, sure it does, but for those of us able to enjoy the game as a whole it's always good to see that other players care too, however we also prefer it when the feedback is properly given instead.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stormdragon said:

Could you point me to any other free to play game able to run even in low specs machines with access to a decent customization system in terms of cosmetics, can mix and match nearly any piece lf my obtained gear and customize it to fit my play style and skills, along a parkour system with offering three dimensional freedom of mobility?

Yup, good point. 

I would like to put out some data (maybe Survey data) but I have no such time and only can give little info from asking around players in chat (team, clan, region) and again today 5 players on region chat said they would like to play Stalker Mode and 1 asked what it is. Not a single person said that they hate idea or anything like that. I know it is not hard data of player's taste BUT I have a feeling that it is still good example ot what typical Joe-of-Warframe thinks and it is not "PvP-hater". 

On a side note I would like to point out good point someone made in this closed topic: 

@Datam4ss "It also shows the flip - how both sides are just vocal minorities, pretty much, when it comes to forum arguments. Because just so many people don't care or don't know what the forums are."

Typical Warframe player have never seen single Forum post here. So arguments about how many "anti-PvP players are in Warframe" on forum shows nothing but vocal minority. 

Yes, almost noone plays Conclave but it is such separate thing from  main game that it could be simply other DE product. You just share Some weapons and stuff with your Warframe account. Why would people play this separate game? Conclave failed due to separation, nothing to realy farm, almost no resources, numerous problems, lack of DE support, being new player unfiendly AND skill floor, not because all Warframe players hate PvP with passion. 

Stalker Mode fixes almost all of this problems by design. Yet PvP haters converge and use arguments about Conclave failure as a good point about how Warframe community hate any form of PvP. 

Of course 1 in 10 "PvP haters" add valid point but instead of proposing some kind of fix? Proposition for improvement? Most simply shout the same "PvP in any shape or form do not belong in Warframe, DE delete pls". This is like kids with tantrum. 

Yes, I know in many cases it is me who provoke such people but I do it to prove a point. Meaningful disscussion was achived only a few times which is a very good point (at least for me) that 99% of PvP haters who attack Stalker Mode or any forum thread that disscusses it, any thread that disscusses PvP additions, reworks etc. have no other valid points other than:

"DE shouldn't waste resources on next failed mode" even through Stalker Mode was said to be almost ready 2 years ago. How can they waste resources on something that IS almost finished? If they do not put it into game THEN they will waste resources. Geez

Next is 1% of players play Conclave. Again why would normal Warframe players, who play Warframe, want to craft new Warframes, weapons, MOAs, Zaws, Kitguns farm Mods etc. play Conclave which gives NOTHING of said things? It is too much of separate game mode. Even if player wants to do PvP and play Warframe he will choose normal PvE missions to farm stuff and put Conclave for "maybe" to do later shelf. 

Most responses in both of the threads as stated by @Kontrollo: "Right now you're just proving his point." 

He had seen right through me 😉

Like on of the wors anti Stalker Mode points that gets repeated again and again: @Urlan "I have a few players - out of the hundreds I might chat with, or be on my friend's list - that would love such an addition, if only to cause misery in new players while showing off their conclave skills"

Well 99% of players have 0 Conclave skills and out of this 1% maybe few are PvP gods that would destroy anyone. Chances for getting invaded by such a guy are almost lower that getting killed in hause while playing Warframe.