Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PS4/XB1 Controller Responsiveness Changes Issues (Fixed!)

(PSN)Dark_Overlord

I've just downloaded the latest update and the added trigger deadzone is god awful, any way to change it back?  It's uncomfortable having to fully hold down the trigger constantly just to shoot.  I liked it before when I could hold it about half way down.

EDIT - and for some reason my Ignis just randomly stops firing and then restarts again as if I've let go of the button.  Something is majorly screwed up in this update.

Edited by (PS4)Dark_Overlord

6 hours ago, (PS4)Dark_Overlord said:

I've just downloaded the latest update and the added trigger deadzone is god awful, any way to change it back?  It's uncomfortable having to fully hold down the trigger constantly just to shoot.  I liked it before when I could hold it about half way down.

Change your Warframe control assignments, so that the bindings for R1/R2 and L1/L2 are swapped  (as if shooting with the bumper buttons)

Then go to PS4 System Settings and swap R1/R2 L1/L2 on system level as well

the double swaps between System and Warframe will cancel out so you play as normal, however the Analog Function of the Triggers will be removed. So no more deadzone, they'll act as hair-triggers.

So after the update I have been experiencing very bad controlling issues in the game. My roommate keeps consistently sprinting with no hands on the controller and me not being able to look in any direction without holding RB then spinning uncontrollably while in our ship or in game. It's made the game completely unplayable. We have tried multiple different controllers to no fix and went to other Xbox apps to see if it was us but everything worked correctly. We have also been having in game mechanics not working as well (Example: Bullet jumping/resetting alarms/controlling the UI to select things/etc.) The controls/core services for Warframe from last update needs a hotfix overhaul please.

OR.......they could just fix the damn triggers????    This was suppose to be to fix the STICKS why the hell did they mess with triggers?????

I have had several instances of dropping my aim zoom while trying to look around it is freaking annoying.  Other times its fails to initiate an aim zoom when I pull the trigger.   

Same thing happens to the right trigger also???  I dont use a weapon that would make that apparent.  

The new controller changes has done something bad to the controls for dojo decoration that needs to be fixed asap.  

When you are trying to move a decoration the item used to be locked to your crosshair/focal point.  Now the item and crosshair do NOT move together.  Now items just get dragged around as the crosshair freely looks around and passes by the item.   

Hi, 

As of the new Fortuna part 2 update that has been delivered to console players I have started to have this issue where I can not use my right stick horizontally on Warframe. Meaning I cant look side ways in missions. Thus I can not actually play the game at all. 

(checked other games eg. Rocket League and Rainbow Six Siege and have identified that it is not the controller that is faulty but Warframes system at the moment)

Would there be anybody out there that could please re-direct me to a place where I can be shown how to amend this problem.

Kind Regards

TK Flare (Bailey)

1 hour ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

OR.......they could just fix the damn triggers????    This was suppose to be to fix the STICKS why the hell did they mess with triggers?????

I have had several instances of dropping my aim zoom while trying to look around it is freaking annoying.  Other times its fails to initiate an aim zoom when I pull the trigger.   

Same thing happens to the right trigger also???  I dont use a weapon that would make that apparent.  

I did just try with keeping the L2 held down as Ignis rarely needs it XD  and yep you're right, it's happening with that trigger too 😕  It's gonna make sniping a whole lot harder 😕

I am having this same issue my problem with it is that it is difficult to recreate or prove to the support team. So  unless of this post can get a lot more likes, subscribes, views, or whatever it needs to do to get the attention of the support team I doubt that they are going to notice.  Maybe we can pray to  RNGesus  that it happens to [DE] Megan on stream but most likely she has switched to keyboard and mouse and it still won’t get fixed.

I also agree that right now it's too agressive (I've had issues shooting stuff like the Soma or Braton Prime where I stop the continous fire just because of slightly less pressure), and I think a very slight tweak would be enough, honestly. Wanted to talk on this earlier when we first received it but the loss of the Controller megathread + exams... 😅

36 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Hey guys! Merged related threads here. We're actively looking at the values to see where we can remedy some of the weirdness you've been experiencing. We'll keep you updated as we make progress. Thank you and apologies! 

Can you ask if we can have that customizeable? 😄 Even if a slight tweak is enough, I am fairly sure some people would prefer full control of it :3 In fact I've seen a few people ask for it.

Also thanks Danielle 🙂

13 hours ago, Urlan said:

I know that on PC controllers have been having wonky issues particularly with triggers and pushing in the sticks for stuff like spin attacks since Profit Taker's update. Perhaps those issues are affecting console now?

Indeed they are! I just think only very few PC users brought this up (and I'm sure some people directly tweeted Steve, I know I did. Man's busy though :P)

Edited by NightmareT12
  • Like 1

Exact same issue here guys. 

And for the devs as I know this might be buried for them this needs to be fixed ASAP. 

When actually shooting in a shooting game doesn't work.  This makes it unplayable. 

To say again r2 and l2 need to be a constant input when held down even slightly and past a point.  Never modular where you raise it and it stops nope. 

I am just not going to play til it is resolved, it feels horrible to play. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Hey guys! Merged related threads here. We're actively looking at the values to see where we can remedy some of the weirdness you've been experiencing. We'll keep you updated as we make progress. Thank you and apologies! 

This goes well beyond tweaking some values, the console version of Warframe is genuinely broken.

22 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Thanks for the eyes on this. Please note, it's also an issue on PC and has been since the pre-Christmas hotfixes. I know you guys were winding down for the Christmas break, this is not a whine about that :-)

It gained very little traction, probably because there aren't that many of us controller users on PC, but here is one example of a report on it: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1046484-controller-aiming-down-sight-releases-randomly-2423/

New with the latest couple of hotfixes: Also seems to affect holding the sticks, so my frame with suddenly freeze in place. Fastest fix is to flick the mouse and then resume controller operations, but that gets old.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

If this happened on PC it would be fixed instantly, and we wouldn’t get some hand waved, boiler plate response.

Why is DE even making changes to console controls?

This is why they say don’t fix what isn’t broken.

No it wouldn't, see this thread of us PC controller users reporting these very same issues before Christmas: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1046484-controller-aiming-down-sight-releases-randomly-2423/