Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scavenge should be an EMP

Spotdodge

The mod Scavenge at the moment is very clunky and frustrating to use because of how it currently functions.

Unlike it's sister warframe mod "Master Thief" which on paper is objectively worse than Scavenge because of it's 30% chance. It at least is functionally less agitating to use compared to having to:

• Hope your companion isn't distracted.
  • Wait for your companion to notice the locker
  • Wait for it to walk to the locker.
  • Wait for the animation to finish (which for dogs is mu͝c͢h̕ ̛l͜on͢g̢e̵r ̨fo͟r ̷some ̛r̡ea͜s̶on )
  • They either unlock or don't unlock it.
  • When they do unlock it...
  • Walk to the locker and ma̵nu͏a̴l̴lý ̡op͜e͞n͞ ̨it.͞
  • OR IF THEY DON'T
  • D͘͞͞Ó̴͘͘ ̴͞I̸̷͞͡T͝҉̶҉ ̷̢͘͜A̶̕̕͘͟L̵̨̢̛͝L͠҉̶͡͏ ̛́҉̴͘O̶̕͡V҉̡̡́E̕͢R̴̶̨ ̴̨A̴̧͘G̷͡҉̵̕Ą̀͢I̷͟N̡͝ ̷̧͝W̸̷͘I̵͟͡͞Ţ҉H̀́͠͡ ̵̛͞A̶̕͞ ̷̕H̵͘͢U҉́M̴̧͢Ò̵̵͟͜N҉̸͞G̴̡̡O͏҉̧҉͝U͏̵̧̨͡S̴̨͢҉ ͜F̨͞E̸̵͟É̶̕͜͟L͜I̢͏Ń͞͏G̷̨̡̛ ̀͟Ò̴̢F҉̴̀͢ ̸D̵́̀͠͡I͘͏͜S̸҉̡͢Á̸̵̸͞Ṕ̴̶̸̢P̨͝͏̷Ơ̸̧̡͝Ì̷̡͟͠N̷̛͘͜T̶́͟M͘̕E̷N҉̡҉T͏̛̕͘͝ ̀͜͡͝A̧͞N͜D̢̧͢͏ ̸҉A̷͠N̸̶̴G̛͟Ȩ̵̵̕͞R̶.̸͟͡

Making it an 8m EMP that auto opens the lockers it unlocked and just already unlocked ones in general should make it a much more usable mod for getting extra loot without having to wait for your cat or dog or I guess Moa (don't own a moa or want one) to do it.

42 minutes ago, Spotdodge said:

Making it an 8m EMP that auto opens the lockers it unlocked and just already unlocked ones in general should make it a much more usable mod for getting extra loot without having to wait for your cat or dog or I guess Moa (don't own a moa or want one) to do it.

I know this is a good idea...  In Theory...  However only the most patient and the most casual of farmers would be doing this.  Ever run with PUGs?  They have no patience to check the countryside for locker and loot.  Unless it's something they hit and especially if an Ayatan Star has been dropped, only Fetch and Vacuum will pick it up.  No one I've run with in open has had any time -- let alone patience -- to loot like you're inferring.  

And I can't see this really being used by anyone other than a solo player...  

1 minute ago, MBaldelli said:

I know this is a good idea...  In Theory...  However only the most patient and the most casual of farmers would be doing this.  Ever run with PUGs?  They have no patience to check the countryside for locker and loot.  Unless it's something they hit and especially if an Ayatan Star has been dropped, only Fetch and Vacuum will pick it up.  No one I've run with in open has had any time -- let alone patience -- to loot like you're inferring.  

And I can't see this really being used by anyone other than a solo player...  

To be honest, my focus is more on the farming side of the mod and it's general usability.

Yes, it is a very niche mod, but it should at least be good at it's niche.

6 minutes ago, Spotdodge said:

Yes, it is a very niche mod, but it should at least be good at it's niche.

Good luck with that.  About the only thing I can advise you is patience.  I remember when DE said that Vacuum was never coming to the Companions (Kubrow and Kavat).  It took a couple of years, but they finally got it.  

With that, may hope springs eternal.  

• 3 weeks later...

I'm absolutely for this. I get frustrated when my kavat doesn't unlock the lockers - I have to walk by a locked locker repeatedly, or leave the room and return, or having to really guide through a series of locked lockers. It also gets distracted if an enemy is nearby, even if not in alert status. An EMP / AOE unlocking field would make my solo runs so much less frustrating. I'm the kind of player who will search every square meter of a map for syndicate medallions or caches; I'm a looter and stealth shooter. So, this would be great for me.

Now, if for some reason DE considers this EMP / AoE unlocking field unfair or OP or whatever, I would also recommend using an action button (X on the xbox) to unlocked locked lockers, if you have Master Thief or Scavenger equipped.