Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Has DE discussed possibility of skins like female frost or male valkyr?

ssh83

9 hours ago, RedDirtTrooper said:

Am I the only one that kind of takes joy in the idea of people who get offended by the gender lock? I hope DE never folds or flexes on their stance. I just find it such a ridiculous, and juvenile thing to get upset about. "I'd like to play Ember, but she's a girl, and girls have cooties!" 

But more options ;-;

We must enhance our fashion frame to even further beyond!

14 hours ago, Swagernator22663 said:

Oh God please no, dont let fanbase ruin this game any more.

Tennogen (or really cosmetics in general) is probably the safest place for some community extensions to be made for, DE still vets everything so its on par with their expectations, and we have some fairly top notch creators for it. Giving tennogen creators more modelling power is like the least concerning of developments, even if community motivated. 

On 2019-01-30 at 6:38 PM, ----Legacy---- said:

It would be neat to have such options but i don't see DE doing it, at least not for now since they also used to say "no dances" but now octavia exists and there are some dancing nartas.

Also, Ember was born a male, so anything could happen.

8GJ49u8.jpg

damn what looks ugly

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2019-01-30 at 4:03 PM, Serafinia said:

They tried to make a gender option in the early time but they realised their game cannot be kickstarted by publishers and their money and manpower lost in time so they "finished" the game developement at that point and tried to push the game at the really last chance. They were lucky because the public opinion and the founders helped a lot so they essencially kickstarted the game and nowadays this game is flourish. 

They changed their policy and they make new frames and skins instead of making gender options because in that time it was a huge effort and money cost so they instead doing this. As how nowadays seems the thing they could add this feature because they have the manpower and funds for it because they are working on many systems, multiple frames, deluxe skins and primes in the same time so if they really want they could make female-male versions to the frames and that could also add more freedom in customization and also generates them money but in the other hand it cost money and time but if they does have no other option maybe they will consider.

Currently the bandaid created lore and the high work effort the biggest cons why they does not work on it but if they could know how the majority feel about it and how much people support it maybe they could start it. It is depends on how much money they can make on it not because of a likely task to them. If a large margin of majority likes the idea like 60-80% of peoples maybe they could do this favor. 

In customization wise it would be nice and who stick with their genders in real life they could stick with their frame too. Most peoples skip frames because they does not feel comfortable with the opposite gender again others just does not care because they see only abilities and affinity. 

I personally would like to go with my gender and mainly I have female frames but I collect all of them because I wish to try as much as much is possible. If they do a gender option then maybe I would play most of my frames on my gender.

This is why the operators exists because they can fill this gap because your operator can be male or female so not really matter in the end if your frames is male or female. Those whom not like the operators could like the gender swap idea but currently this is not the focus to them so it will be shelved for a long time.

Very interesting bit of trivia there, thanks for sharing it

• Like 2

On 2019-02-01 at 6:42 AM, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

it doesn't matter if you have b00bs, if you are trained and equipped, you can fight as well as any man. with warframes it doesn't matter if your kid is male and the frame is female, you're still the same as a male operator with Rhino or a female operator with Nyx: a kid who is controlling a killing machine. as for gender Bending, DE don't seem to be intent on changing their stance any time soon.

It isn't a guy vs girl topic for many players. Some people just don't like to play as the opposite gender in games.

I personally got over it years ago. But I use to hate games that made me play Female characters due to a really bad experience in FF11:

Essentially in FF11 Mithra didn't have a male option, but I really wanted to be a cat person. I never care about the gender, cats were cool, I like cats damn it! >_<

But...another player I met would over the years eventually develop a crush & somehow fall in love with my character. DESPITE me saying I'm a guy, talking to him as if we were guys, our guild telling him I'm a male, his friends telling him that I'm obviously a guy, me eventually sending photos so he'd back off...

I CONSTANTLY told him I was male, I did all I could. I had Social Anxiety even back then, but to try & prove it I bought a mic, gave him my MSN messenger name, & eventually...got a webcam. (Seriously for someone with Social Anxiety to get a mic for MSN messenger, send photos of themself, and worse of all...webcam...well it's a nightmare scenario & they had to be desperate)

...in the end. I bought a webcam with mic to prove it. He got hurt. Obviously he flipped out, guild drama ensued, & it went downhill from there FAST. It was pretty ugly...I'm legitimately starting to have anxiety just thinking of it...

In the end despite my trying my best I felt extremely bad & to this very day I regret ever choosing Mithra & playing that damn game. I had no idea folks would fall for a damn cat avatar.

After it was all said & done. I really tried my best to not hurt him...

Anyways, after that debacle I avoided playing female characters like the plague (for over a decade).

Eventually, I stopped giving a damn about other players & since I had become a primarily solo player I no longer had the stress & drama of dealing with others so I played whatever I pleased. Having typed this I think I still gravitate to Male Warframes come to think about it...

My point is that some players prefer to stick to their own gender, it isn't rooted in any form of sexism & etc. It's just preference. Where as some players might have a legit reason for not wanting to play another gender.

Personally, I would not mind alternate gender skins. As only Umbra Frames/The original Frames are the original Dax soldiers the replicas the Tenno use could be modified.

But a skin is a skin. Game doesn't need to recognize the gender impo. Just let players have their choice I say.

Can we get a fat frame first?  I'm not even joking, I would love a frame that's the size of a kuva guardian, maybe not height but roundness.  I'd love to bullet jump and roll around with him/her.  Give it some cool powers and fat frame would be a favorite.