Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gamemode idea: Derelict Detective

Beefle

First off, I'm new to the forum (hardly know anything about it at this point) and someone gave me the advice to reupload this post in the feedback section here. So I'm doing exactly that.

I got an idea for a new gamemode recently : Derelict Detective (it has nothing to do with detectives and is not a fleshed out title, sorry)

Before we start, a few sentences on my intention. Fortuna is great, but it has basically the same missions, as the plains and they just have slightly altered versions of already existing gamemodes (Derelict Detective won't reinvent the wheel either). The goal is to create a gamemode, that is slightly innovative on the one hand and gives players what they want on the other: a (theoretically speaking) endless mission with increasing difficulty and meaningful rewards (can't invent them, sorry again). And all that without the endless repetition we currently have.

It is pretty much like a dungeon crawler + left4dead: You are in the orokin derelict and the goal is, to get a dragon key and open the safe-room to get to the next rotation. The main enemies are infested (because they aven't gotten much love the last few years). (Safe rooms replace the orokin vaults)

The length of the rotations would extend, as you progress and start at estimated 5-10 minutes

How to get a key:

• kill a boss (appears in higher rotations, the boss isn't necessarily infested)
  • kill 4 eximus units  (they all have a key fragment) and then assemble the key at an altar
  • fish a fish, who ate the key while your teammates defend you (this may be the least popular one)
  • kill an enemy squad of a different faction (the squad spawns for this purpose only)
  • kill a field boss (juggernaut/spectre/...)

The challenge would come from obtaining these keys. Targets should have a higher level than the rest of the enemies and be a short, but intensive encounter (intensive due to limited ammunition, high enemy level, limited gear <- more about that below)

Other features:

• You spawn with your unmodded warframe and melee weapon. Enemies (not infested) with weapons equipped can drop an universal melee/primary/secondary blueprint, wich can be  exchanged for a new weapon at the safe-room-trader (maybe darvo or clem?).
  • Mods can be purchased with derelict-credits (i'll call them dedits from now on, sorry again²). You can level up mods by equipping them on a weapon and level that weapon up (1 weapon level = 1 mod level). The weapon is always level 30
  • To unlock the prime/vandal/wraith/prisma variant of a weapon, you need to have built it already outside of the mission and drop an upgrade material from corrupted/corpus/grineer/(maybe spectres or sth for prisma weapons) enemies.
  • If you die, other players can pick you up like a capture target and you respawn at the safe-room.
  • Ammunition is quite unkommon (why should ancient healers carry shotgun ammo with them) and can not be optained from your main enemy: the infested. You purchase ammunition with dedits aswell.
  • You can't use your amp at the beginning (it's too strong for low level enemies).
  • Maybe some modifiers, like shrinking the player or fog of war could make it more interesting (could replace the original dragon key effects with one of these).

These are my ideas so far. Derelict Detective isn't thought out and I haven't found a clever use for the synthesis scanner yet, but you are free to improve and criticise my idea. I don't know if anyone here already had a similar idea, sorry if so.

The old post, if anoyne is interested: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1057884-new-gamemode-idea/?tab=comments#comment-10494705

• Like 1

Honestly, I am not sure if this would work in Warframe. It just sounds so much more complicated than the content we have now. People spend ages getting the stuff they want, but none of it can be used in this mode. You would ruin people's fashion frame (yeah, that apparently matters...)

5 minutes ago, Beefle said:

You can level up mods by equipping them on a weapon and level that weapon up (1 weapon level = 1 mod level). The weapon is always level 30

How can you level that weapon up if it is always level 30? I am not sure what you were intending here.

I do like the idea here. But I think you are trying to make it too much like L4D with some of your "Other Features". This is something that works well in the context of L4D, but I doubt it would in the context of Warframe. If you gave everyone their weapons, it might work better. Rather than removing them, you could have a "scaling" setup. So, some calculation is run in the background to ensure your overall power is restricted as to not trivialise the missions.

Am 30.1.2019 um 20:46 schrieb krc473:

How can you level that weapon up if it is always level 30? I am not sure what you were intending here.

I was thinkin of the focus system. But instead of the exp-bar just filling up, you get a mod level up.

Perhaps it might work better as a special vault or depot on different maps. For example on some maps there are a collection of vaults or lockers that have rarer mods and the like. The way I see it is that it's not unreasonable for ships/ bases to have a strong room (or barracks on the surface) which holds resources or special items. Depending on the ship type you like for example a Corpus trade ship would have more resources then a Grinneer ship. It doesn't necessarily have to be explicitly told at the beginning of a mission but if you happen to come across a key bearer then you could access this vault and gain bonus resources and mods. As an added challenge it could randomize between gaining a reward of some sort or a trap for the Tenno. 

Edited by Cuchullin