Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fortuna: Hotfix 24.2.12

[DE]Megan

Simulor Firestorm Simulor Firestorm Simulor Firestorm Simulor Firestorm Simulor Firestorm Simulor Firestorm Simulor Firestorm Simulor Firestorm Simulor Firestorm Simulor Firestorm Simulor Firestorm Simulor Firestorm Simulor Firestorm Simulor Firestorm Simulor Firestorm Simulor Firestorm Simulor Firestorm Simulor Firestorm Simulor Firestorm Simulor Firestorm Simulor Firestorm Simulor Firestorm Simulor Firestorm Simulor Firestorm Simulor Firestorm Simulor Firestorm Simulor Firestorm Simulor Firestorm Simulor Firestorm Simulor Firestorm Simulor Firestorm Simulor Firestorm Simulor Firestorm Simulor Firestorm Simulor Firestorm Simulor Firestorm Simulor Firestorm Simulor Firestorm Simulor Firestorm Simulor Firestorm Simulor Firestorm Simulor Firestorm Simulor Firestorm Simulor Firestorm Simulor Firestorm Simulor Firestorm Simulor Firestorm Simulor Firestorm Simulor Firestorm Simulor Firestorm Simulor Firestorm Simulor Firestorm Simulor Firestorm Simulor Firestorm Simulor Firestorm Simulor Firestorm Simulor Firestorm Simulor Firestorm Simulor Firestorm Simulor Firestorm Simulor Firestorm Simulor Firestorm Simulor Firestorm Simulor Firestorm Simulor Firestorm Simulor Firestorm Simulor Firestorm Simulor Firestorm Simulor Firestorm Simulor Firestorm Simulor Firestorm Simulor Firestorm Simulor Firestorm Simulor Firestorm Simulor Firestorm Simulor Firestorm Simulor Firestorm Simulor Firestorm Simulor Firestorm Simulor Firestorm Simulor Firestorm

Only saying...
Q8LsHEqwSnEIAdCuH46YkCHiX?token=eyJhbGci

ok im getting tired of being called names like the Nigxx word and Pleb, getting sweared at by people that complain about HIGH PING when they join me, they say to me ''get better internet connection pleb'' (got proof) these people dont understand what PING is, its got nothing to do with internet speed!!!, its the distance between players that cause high ping! i set my ping to join people with like 200 ping in options, but the game still puts me in with people with 400-1000 ping!, i dont call them names or swear at them, cause i know what the problem is.

i have a 100 Mbps internet line speed, not low in my opinion(not the best in the world), when i join a friend in my country we play warframe with 50-60 ping all day long, if he host or i host it always is that low, thats why im saying its distance not internet speed related

i want to ask if you could place a HUGE pop up when you start the game to tell people that HIGH PING is not caused by internet speed but by distance, and not to take it out on other people, leave the match or dont say anything about the ping

please help these people right

Fixes towards Coildrivers ramming into the Coildrive you’re defending, resulting in a huge amount of damage being taken and failing the Vallis Bounty. 

To anyone who had this happen to him: HAHAHAHA! And, should of went Vasarin. Glad it's fixed but it was completely unnecessary because it is completely preventable.

Thank you for the hotfix!

I just want some new content... I know Fortuna was release not long ago but as a player I wish new content to be delivery more frequenly as We had in 2017 for instance... I think the comunity don't want to wait another year for a big update.

Greetings!

19 minutes ago, XxWarlord2017xX said:

ok im getting tired of being called names like the Nigxx word and Pleb, getting sweared at by people that complain about HIGH PING when they join me, they say to me ''get better internet connection pleb'' (got proof) these people dont understand what PING is, its got nothing to do with internet speed!!!, its the distance between players that cause high ping! i set my ping to join people with like 200 ping in options, but the game still puts me in with people with 400-1000 ping!, i dont call them names or swear at them, cause i know what the problem is.

i have a 100 Mbps internet line speed, not low in my opinion(not the best in the world), when i join a friend in my country we play warframe with 50-60 ping all day long, if he host or i host it always is that low, thats why im saying its distance not internet speed related

i want to ask if you could place a HUGE pop up when you start the game to tell people that HIGH PING is not caused by internet speed but by distance, and not to take it out on other people, leave the match or dont say anything about the ping

omg this. Like, I can't really control if we live on the two different sides of the world and I'm the host?? It's only like 10 mins ppl, just chill.

Any chance we're going to get the name of the third orb soon? (I'm talking about the black and orange/red one by spaceport) He's been sitting there with sounds and all, but he still doesn't have a name like the other two. I understand he/she is most likely in development with the Exploiter Orb, but it'd be nice to have a name for wiki reasons and such.

1 hour ago, Bostitch said:

Hmm could this be linked to the bug where you wipe out on your K-drive at ground level (0 relative altitute) and are instantly dead?

I cannot say for certain.

In practice the issue is apparent.  You're running the bounty, and the first wheel is stopped.  The bounty proceeds, and even at the highest level you can have another wheel spawn in, roll directly into the trapped wheel, and take huge damage.  Stupid huge.

The wheel just slams in, rotates in place, and eventually either phases through or jumps over the target.  It's not so bad when a single Opticor blast removes the coildrive, but when that stupid wheel can tank 5 shots before dying and you don't have some huge boosts you'd better hope that the target had full health.

This has been a bug since the middle of December.  It doesn't happen every time, and seems to be more prevalent just outside of Fortuna (where the Profit-Taker level 3 bounty asks you to infiltrate the facility) rather than some of the other locations.

Otherwise, the pathing fixes are nice on paper.  Hopefully they're as good in practice.  The other changes are nice, if something I personally never experienced.  Still waiting for those Profit-Taker fixes so one of the best boss fights can be consistent.

32 minutes ago, XxWarlord2017xX said:

I thought that's what the region selection was for? Distance is only one piece of the problem though and it's not even the worst cause of latency in this P2P game.

Thank you for the hotfix! 

1. Can the "Lockdown mines" be reverted or changed? It currently uses kuva mine assets and looks ridiculous.

2. Blind Justice Nikana's animation still not fixed.

3. How about Excalibur Prime's tint suffering quite some issues, ongoing since 2016-2017?

• Fixed the Rescue NPC not returning your graciously gifted Secondary weapon upon completing the Rescue Bounty phase in the Plains of Eidolon. 

Wow! I reported this when PoE first came out! Thanks. Can you fix operator's mind sprint leaving zenuriks energy bubble far behind? TY

26 minutes ago, Morthal said:

I thought that's what the region selection was for? Distance is only one piece of the problem though and it's not even the worst cause of latency in this P2P game.

i dont have a region choice, its only europe for me,and im not even in europe lol, and thats not the ping setting im talking about, im talking about matchmaking ping limit, just below region setting, its to put me with people thats got more or less the same ping limit as me, well for me it is the distance that show me high ping connections

2 hours ago, Lance_Lionroar said:

On the topic of Archwing issues, can we soon get a way of dismounting Archwings without having to melee attack? It's very inconvenient and causes all kinds of issues with unintentional landings and being stuck in animations. It also potentially wastes a Void Strike charge for those who do Tridolons etc. Why not have a dismount feature just like the K-Drive?

^

I agree. Sometimes I want to jump from archwing high up and do like a aim-glide snipershot on the way down. I'm not quite sure while dismounting from archwing is limited to a melee fall, but yeah. 

2 hours ago, ---PV---Sniga said:

Still no way to know which KDrives and which Moas we have maxed for mastery and which ones we have not.

Is there any chance you would look at the Eximus bug, where their auras apply to themselves, often essentially making themselves invulnerable to nearly all damage.
As well as that, Octavia mallet still has a bug where it sometimes randomly despawns, making runs much harder.

A nice QoL update would be the ability to "favourite" some relics, so as to make them easier to select in longer fissure runs.
Maybe a small icon to note that relic is vaulted would be a lifesaver too.

Thank you, Glen.

Good idea on the favoured relics

1 hour ago, XxWarlord2017xX said:

only part of the truth. "ping" is essentail 'only' the name of the diagnostic tool - technically it show one the latency of a data packet between the computer who startet the ping and the destination computer, meaning the time TO and BACK. lie you said, the distance is one of the main factors in the result for the ping-command, but many others are there too - if one router on the way is massivly overloaded by requests, the time the ping-data-pack needs (and therefore every other packet from you to your destination) can rise very high. another reason for this to happen can be if you use an wireless uplink to your provider e.g. 3g, 4g or nowdays 5g which might tell you you've been given 100Mbit transfer bandwidth, but forget to tell you that you have to share not only the max. possible bandwidth on the uplink-point (the antenna you're connecting to) with everyone else who is using it at the same time, but that others might get a higher priority in the throughput of data... normally, this isn't much of a problem, but especially in densly populated areas it happens often that the connection point are are overwhelmed by the amount of users. what you'll see in a real-time application (like an online game) is that the ping from and to you can rise sky-high in one second and go back to normal, low one in the next (ignorant people usually calling the host to stop downloading... stuff.. in the background then ^^)   and yes, downloads in the background also produces such behaviour of the ping return value... another often reason for high ping values are badly configurated home-networks and/or computerhardware that is running on the brink of its capacity (again, bad config and/or potato hardware). ofc, all those things can add together too.

but yes, the region one selected and the 'max ping' in the option of warframe are often enough ignored (or simply won't work, especially in cases of unstabil connections). DE should really think of some better ways to determin who should be the host and who else is to be connected to it... or, provide a better lobby-system altogether, show the rest what latency a host has and let the people decide for themself if they want to connect to this host or not.

Archived