Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fortuna: Hotfix 24.2.12

[DE]Megan

19 hours ago, fr4gb4ll said:

only part of the truth. "ping" is essentail 'only' the name of the diagnostic tool - technically it show one the latency of a data packet between the computer who startet the ping and the destination computer, meaning the time TO and BACK. lie you said, the distance is one of the main factors in the result for the ping-command, but many others are there too - if one router on the way is massivly overloaded by requests, the time the ping-data-pack needs (and therefore every other packet from you to your destination) can rise very high. another reason for this to happen can be if you use an wireless uplink to your provider e.g. 3g, 4g or nowdays 5g which might tell you you've been given 100Mbit transfer bandwidth, but forget to tell you that you have to share not only the max. possible bandwidth on the uplink-point (the antenna you're connecting to) with everyone else who is using it at the same time, but that others might get a higher priority in the throughput of data... normally, this isn't much of a problem, but especially in densly populated areas it happens often that the connection point are are overwhelmed by the amount of users. what you'll see in a real-time application (like an online game) is that the ping from and to you can rise sky-high in one second and go back to normal, low one in the next (ignorant people usually calling the host to stop downloading... stuff.. in the background then ^^)   and yes, downloads in the background also produces such behaviour of the ping return value... another often reason for high ping values are badly configurated home-networks and/or computerhardware that is running on the brink of its capacity (again, bad config and/or potato hardware). ofc, all those things can add together too.

but yes, the region one selected and the 'max ping' in the option of warframe are often enough ignored (or simply won't work, especially in cases of unstabil connections). DE should really think of some better ways to determin who should be the host and who else is to be connected to it... or, provide a better lobby-system altogether, show the rest what latency a host has and let the people decide for themself if they want to connect to this host or not.

its like you said, ping is calculated by sending data from 1 pc to another and ping is the time it takes to send data, im not saying it is only distance, what im saying is i got a 100 Mbps lan connection line(i hate WI-FI), a i7 9700k cpu, 32 GB ram, RTX 2070, by no means do i have potato stuff, and i NEVER download anything while playing, so the problem is not at my side, but people are saying it is, and the only reason i say it is distance more than other stuff is the fact that in my own country, when hosting, we dont get high ping between us,

i do see a problem if DE would have their own servers that you connect to, people close will have good ping and people on other side of the world from them will have high ping, again i know this cause other games i play that dont have a server in my country normally gives me a ping of 260-300(not fun with FPS games), people close to that same server run with pings of 40-60

its fine when someone in chat says, OH HIGH PING(he do have a choice to leave or stay), but when they start calling you names and swearing at you, thats when it is a problem

A couple of things to report here..  First...  Syndicate Hit Squads.  If your warframe is in a tight area, the Syndicate Squads generate above the tileset as you can see here:

eaAf3DF.jpg

I was lucky in that they respawned onto the map later on -- much later on -- giving the frantic music associated with an alerted enemy for more than half of the mission.  

While researching this problem for console players on this thread, 

I noticed that the new lockers might be a problem for players not being able to identify them on lower resolutions or lower sound settings as the cache lockers will be washed out with the rest of the map, I came across the following on the Corpus Sabotage Tile Set on Venus:

Jg0N70D.jpg

Seems that not all of the lockers have been given the upgraded look.  It was amusing to come across these....  

So I was running casually running around Orb Vallis, looking for minerals and Toroids and noticed this happening with my Cobra & Crane:

KAdAjD1.jpg

It didn't matter whether I used the weapon or not -- it would just randomly do this.  

On 2019-01-30 at 12:11 PM, ---PV---Sniga said:

A nice QoL update would be the ability to "favourite" some relics, so as to make them easier to select in longer fissure runs.
Maybe a small icon to note that relic is vaulted would be a lifesaver too.

Thank you, Glen.

I came up with this concept art a while ago. It didn't get a lot of attention. 

Instead of adding more and more useless crap (new frames) that contribute to the already existing clusterF. of broken code and scripting, renew that engine then make the prime versions of frames that are actually useful and fun, new doesn't mean valuable or important, even if dumb kids will jump right on it because the lack of efficient, time-worth content is incredibly scarce and it'll keep them busy for a while. Atlas, Equinox, Inaros, Nezha, Nidus and Titania are due for their primes.

DE For the love of god, fix what you've done to the controller crouch/roll button. PLEASE!

I can no longer do quick bullet jumps from a standstill, I can no longer use octavia because it's impossible to do rapid tap crouches, it just instantly rolls now. All of this is beyond infuriating!

Ivara can no longer move and bullet jump without breaking prowl either.

1 hour ago, Zirazel said:

Instead of adding more and more useless crap (new frames) that contribute to the already existing clusterF. of broken code and scripting, renew that engine then make the prime versions of frames that are actually useful and fun, new doesn't mean valuable or important, even if dumb kids will jump right on it because the lack of efficient, time-worth content is incredibly scarce and it'll keep them busy for a while. Atlas, Equinox, Inaros, Nezha, Nidus and Titania are due for their primes.

You know the primes are released on a fix schedule, right? It's based on the release date of the frames and with +/- 90 days between each release. A few of those you mentioned (Atlas and Equinox) are soon gonna get primed, according to that order.

On 2019-01-31 at 7:59 PM, XxWarlord2017xX said:

its like you said, ping is calculated by sending data from 1 pc to another and ping is the time it takes to send data, im not saying it is only distance, what im saying is i got a 100 Mbps lan connection line(i hate WI-FI), a i7 9700k cpu, 32 GB ram, RTX 2070, by no means do i have potato stuff, and i NEVER download anything while playing, so the problem is not at my side, but people are saying it is, and the only reason i say it is distance more than other stuff is the fact that in my own country, when hosting, we dont get high ping between us,

i do see a problem if DE would have their own servers that you connect to, people close will have good ping and people on other side of the world from them will have high ping, again i know this cause other games i play that dont have a server in my country normally gives me a ping of 260-300(not fun with FPS games), people close to that same server run with pings of 40-60

its fine when someone in chat says, OH HIGH PING(he do have a choice to leave or stay), but when they start calling you names and swearing at you, thats when it is a problem

ok, so no potato. still the bandwidth of 100Mbit doesn't say much about the quality of connection - also, i didn't mean the way you connect your rig within your own privat network, but the way your router connects to the ISP (in times past that was what we called uplink). if you use any kind of DSL or cable, your fine (mostly) the problem could be if your router (on in some case your computer itself) is connecting you wireless to the ISP (no wifi, but any wireless method like 3g, 4g or 5g... or some more exotic ways also).

but, if you get the problem with high ping values often (or rather other player who are connecting to you get the problem), you might still be the source of it - directly or only indirectly. depending on your location and the region you've set in warframes option, this might be also the reason for it, even if everything is fine otherwise. sadly, the settings in WF aren't seemingly treated as a 'fixed' value - neither the max-ping nor the region at times. most likely it's done for getting a match even if you try in the middle of (your) night when most other possible players are sleeping, and for the often ignored max-ping, it's likely because they won't test the players rigs for minutes to determin who's best suited as a host. compromises, in short. i heard from people in the "oceanic" region that they often have such problems with high pings - which might be because the vast distances of sea-lines between countries there - for keep in mind, that the control-servers DE uses for different regions, are only there to 'coordinate' the matchmaking and to collect the information after the mission for forwarding them to the 'central' server where the account information are stored. the matches themself are only between the host and the clients in a p2p-environment where the quality of connection is determined by the connection and computing-power of the host. so, the only thing DE can improve is in the selection of the players who should be paired together... and maybe by better testing the quality of each players connection in general and their hardware in use. only thing you can do, if your hardware and internet connection is all fine and peachy, is stick to the region best suited for you (which might not even be the one you ARE in actually - so you might want to test your neighbouring regions as well to be sure) and hope the the matchmaking process will respect your choice.

beside that, don't let those idiots enrage you - just ignore them, do the mission and be done with them. you could also put them on ignore if you don't want to hear from them anymore.

Digital extremes developers i plead that you do something about freeloaders. since you are not doing anything the number of freeloaders are increasing day by day. They are getting on my nerves. You are forcing me to go to recruitment chat every time i want to do a bounty and that takes too much time. Please do something i am getting sick of it and it is very upsetting to see these kind of attitude.

When running with a zaw, it seems that there's strange artefacts for the energy colour and the effect (in the case of this Zaw, Corrosive) that seems to bleed around the Warframe.  Happens in mission and when in the arsenal as seen here: 

m1ScFXu.jpg

When carrying the Zaw as a primary weapon, the artefacts disappear, but will return when it is holstered.  

Even that useless NPC Maroo was given sexual innuendo lines asking if "this is your 1st time" at login... must be related to that annoying drunkard voiced Konzu... pathetic way of trying to be funny, same as the red text and easily replaceable with objects from which you simply choose the desired action... it's certainly faster but I guess making people waste as much time as possible with very little reward is what you mostly do to ensure the game is being played.

Still no QoL change to the foundry with a "Favorite" tab in which items can be dragged and built faster.

Still no fix for being sent to the start of the map when falling out of bounds with the operator (stupid name for it).

Still getting stuck on every F.ing corner for no reason not to mention the disgustingly high amount of obstacles in maps.

The focus schools are still annoyingly below weapons instead of lower with the gear.

Still seeing every F.ing caught fish in a pose instead of in the lower left corner like special picked up items (argon etc.).

Sentinels still take way too much screen space and are often an encumbrance.

Still no way of leaving survival missions on your own.

Still the same overly loud sound effect when entering navigation.

Still annoying bright white screens often accompanied by unskippable frame landing "cinematics" at mission start.

Archived