Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are "Mastery Rank Tests" there to make players leave the game?

CPT_deBauch

On 1/31/2019 at 2:53 AM, CPT_deBauch said:

Because I fail to see what else can be achieved by this game design "feature". Really.

These tests force the player to do things that he/she doesn't want to do 'cause they are boring or just s###ty (hello "Parkour", hello "Stealth") and penalizes failure with 24hr cooldown to the next attempt. What's the positive side to it?

Hi . I've been unstalled it because of these silly tests. When the level rises

Edited by mshary7
correction
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, mshary7 said:

Hi all .. I have uninstalled the game because of these abhorrent tests ... Why all these stupid tests ... Why you have to wait 24 hours ... Why not pass to the next level automatically 

To have a selection of good players only, the rest generally uninstall the game and go away.

• Like 1

New player that fail them will want to rip their face off. I'm still curious about some data about the most failed MR tests.

An old player doesn't give a S#&$, there's nothing else to gain past a certain MR.

The entire system is backwards and #*!%ing stupid for giving all the rewards at a very low MR.

But to its credit, it's a great way to drive new players away and people here turning into a seventh hydra head, adopting a 'git gud' mentality about it. That's obviously a positive if you asked me.

Edited by toxicitzi
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, mshary7 said:

Hi all .. I have uninstalled the game because of these abhorrent tests ... Why all these stupid tests ... Why you have to wait 24 hours ... Why not pass to the next level automatically 

Why are you still go to this forum if you already uninstalled the game.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, mshary7 said:

Hi all .. First, thank you for the frankness ... but why these comments are coarse

Hi! I don't think they wanted to be rude, we just totally can't understand. I mean, apparently there are people who can do the MR tests but find them boring, people who only struggle through them and complain it's too hard. These two I can understand (don't agree with them, but stil). But it just sounds off that someone actually stopped playing because of the MR tests... I mean, boi, they aren't even mandatory. Sure, some activities and items are MR locked, but if you're enjoying the game otherwise, you're free to go and do something else. I remember when I was low MR, often haven't even noticed I can do the next test already, then completed more of them in one sitting. Now that I am higher MR and there aren't stuff behind the mastery wall anymore, I care even less. I had to check the companion app to know I'm MR 18 LOL. So I don't believe you have stopped playing because of the MR tests. There must be something else, you stopped enjoying the game in general, or something happened that discouraged you?

Don't listen to these elitists. MR test is just badly designed. It will cost you some effort and time more than it should. But please don't give up because this game is blliriant and worth your patience. First, forget about MR test and do something else to vent your frastration. Then, go to Sanctuary and practice and practice.

• Like 1

I'm only MR 14 as of today and I thought that test was easy. In fact most of the tests are rather easy to complete. Though I admit I learned early on that prepping for the test was smart. Watch a guide on the tube, pick your best frame for the test and practice if needed.

Some tests are a bit of a pain which is where the practice comes in. Do a few rounds get a good feel for the test and then go for it.

Edited by MacKerris

4 hours ago, (NSW)ForTheGhostsWithin said:

Don't listen to these elitists. MR test is just badly designed. It will cost you some effort and time more than it should. But please don't give up because this game is blliriant and worth your patience. First, forget about MR test and do something else to vent your frastration. Then, go to Sanctuary and practice and practice.

Hi, thank you for lifting my spirits and the truth I'm looking forward to playing ... You are a wonderful person

Edited by mshary7
correction
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, MacKerris said:

I'm only MR 14 as of today and I thought that test was easy. In fact most of the tests are rather easy to complete. Though I admit I learned early on that prepping for the test was smart. Watch a guide on the tube, pick your best frame for the test and practice if needed.

Some tests are a bit of a pain which is where the practice comes in. Do a few rounds get a good feel for the test and then go for it.

thank you my friend

3 hours ago, MacKerris said:

Probably the best advice on this thread. :thumbup:

7 minutes ago, Ver1dian said:

I have failed a mastery test.

Do I need to improve my skills?

No! It's the tests that are badly designed and unneeded.

Mocking people who is bad at video games with meme, how friendly person you are. Why you even open this thread and leave comment if you don't want to help or advice? For mocking people?

MR test improved my skills to pass the MR test. That is it. It demands us to understand the test itself and nothing else.

If DE really want to improve players skills, they should TEACH us something before test. If they just let google or wiki do their job, don't test us from the start. Playing actual mission improved my skills much better than MR tests.

13 minutes ago, (NSW)ForTheGhostsWithin said:

Mocking people who is bad at video games with meme, how friendly person you are. Why you even open this thread and leave comment if you don't want to help or advice? For mocking people?

MR test improved my skills to pass the MR test. That is it. It demands us to understand the test itself and nothing else.

If DE really want to improve players skills, they should TEACH us something before test. If they just let google or wiki do their job, don't test us from the start. Playing actual mission improved my skills much better than MR tests.

He's not making fun of people who are bad at the game.

He is making fun of people who struggle at a particular aspect of the game and blame the game itself, instead of looking at their own shortcomings.

Also, all the MR tests I've done so far have tested my abilities to do things that can be useful in the game. I don't always use them, but knowing about them means I can call on them, if necessary. None of them have been irrelevant, as far as I'm concerned.

Finally, while I agree DE could provide more tutorial info in the game, its not like there aren't abundant sources of info out there. I frequently refer to the Wiki or YouTube and it only takes a few minutes usually, to find what I'm looking for.

So basically OP is crying about nothing.

31 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

He's not making fun of people who are bad at the game.

He is making fun of people who struggle at a particular aspect of the game and blame the game itself, instead of looking at their own shortcomings.

Also, all the MR tests I've done so far have tested my abilities to do things that can be useful in the game. I don't always use them, but knowing about them means I can call on them, if necessary. None of them have been irrelevant, as far as I'm concerned.

And you like many others here, won't get any Christmas gifts next December for lying.

MR tests are only good at testing my patience, my patience for bringing their weak execution into question, with the majority of them being either worthless, or effective noob traps when they give somewhat of a, ahem..  Challenge let's call it, which are effective because of their irregular pattern or lack there of, making them a surprise. One that costs a 24h cd.

They're stupid at best, or a bad joke at worst.

Edited by toxicitzi
  • Like 1

For me it's not (only) about OMGWTFBBQ_I_FAILED_TEST_*RAGEQUIT*, it's about the game chasing away it's players for significant periods of time.

For example: to progress further in this game I need to level up some weapons, the weapons I have parts for are MR8 locked so to start crafting (that's 12-24 hours BTW) them I need MR8.
If I fail MRT8 I have nothing to do in the game for 24 hours, and if after 24 hours cooldown I finally succeed at the test I have another 12 hours of nothing to do in the game while my weapons are being crafted.
While I'm waiting for another attempt at the test I might as well find some other game to play, and who knows, maybe even abandon Warframe completely to play that game instead.
Such outcome should be very much undesirable from DE's business point of view, hence my bewilderment about why this game mechanic exists the way it does.

12 hours ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

So ... you'd read 273 pages of a manual but you didn't want to go check out a room in the relay ... right ...

Do you understand how inane your statement is? If not, read it aloud.

P.S. To all people who wrote something like "The tests are there to teach you 2 B gud @ tha game": do you actually believe the devs give a single flying fcuk about whether you're good at their game or not? I mean, really, you believe that?

51 minutes ago, CPT_deBauch said:

For me it's not (only) about OMGWTFBBQ_I_FAILED_TEST_*RAGEQUIT*, it's about the game chasing away it's players for significant periods of time.

For example: to progress further in this game I need to level up some weapons, the weapons I have parts for are MR8 locked so to start crafting (that's 12-24 hours BTW) them I need MR8.
If I fail MRT8 I have nothing to do in the game for 24 hours, and if after 24 hours cooldown I finally succeed at the test I have another 12 hours of nothing to do in the game while my weapons are being crafted.
While I'm waiting for another attempt at the test I might as well find some other game to play, and who knows, maybe even abandon Warframe completely to play that game instead.
Such outcome should be very much undesirable from DE's business point of view, hence my bewilderment about why this game mechanic exists the way it does.

Do you understand how inane your statement is? If not, read it aloud.

P.S. To all people who wrote something like "The tests are there to teach you 2 B gud @ tha game": do you actually believe the devs give a single flying fcuk about whether you're good at their game or not? I mean, really, you believe that?

you need to tone done hard on your attitude... i'm not even going to bother responding to how bad the comment itself is

33 minutes ago, (NSW)ForTheGhostsWithin said:

I don't support someone to make fun of anyone. If you don't agree with OP, you can just ignore him.

I'm going to go further, I'm happy to live in a day and age when people get offended from a picture, expect everything to be handed out to them and any form of defeat leads to surrender, because failure is the fault of everything else but themselves....good times.

Oh, and almost all of the MR tests are the different game modes we already have or abilities we use regularly. The only two tests, whose objective, I believe, goes out of the ordinary are 23 and 26. Somehow I doubt that the majority were complaining about those two, however.

1 hour ago, CPT_deBauch said:

You can mine, you can open relics for ducats, you can fish, you can help other players, you can even practice the mastery rank tests in the relay. There are many other things you can do in the game, I only mentioned a few. Plus, you're not on Warframe 24/7. For me, if a weapon takes twelve hours, I start it before bed, sleep 6 to 8 hours, go to and from work which is 12 hours for me right there, it'll be done by the time I get home from work.

The Mastery Rank tests are there as a challenge to progress in the game. To show the Lotus you're ready for the next challenge. I've failed some before, I just practice or change load out then try again. Don't give up fellow Tenno. You've got this.

Edited by (XB1)Shodian