Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

YANJIUDING

Magus Lockdown is broken?

It seems that Magus Lockdown's mine is spammable now. My kiddo prime can now literally vaporize anything given their armor is low enough.

if the enemy armor is low enough that you can vaporize them, it's probably in low level, and then isn't that much of a problem ( just looking at all the other warframes and weapons. )

47 minutes ago, mikakor said:

if the enemy armor is low enough that you can vaporize them, it's probably in low level, and then isn't that much of a problem ( just looking at all the other warframes and weapons. )

Magus Lockdown does 60% of their max health as damage. No matter the level, it will take the same number of dashes to kill if the enemy doesnt have any kind of armor.

Now imagine spamming it everywhere using Naramon (the 12m radius Void Dash so your energy problems are nill and void... heh, pun).

Level 160 Conculysts are dead in 12 seconds.

Fodder units have no chance what-so-ever.

This is 101% a bug.

2 hours ago, mikakor said:

No, it's definitely a bug. Armor doesn't even matter anymore. It stacks. You're not supposed to be able to do this. 🤣

4 minutes ago, BL4CKN0ISE said:

No, it's definitely a bug. Armor doesn't even matter anymore. It stacks. You're not supposed to be able to do this. 🤣

DIdn’t know it can do that now. I know Magus Lockdown can KO lvl 130 Corrupted Heavy Gunners and Bombards in one go when combined with Garuda’s Seeking Talons but not just killing them by stacking.

5 minutes ago, GPrime96 said:

DIdn’t know it can do that now. I know Magus Lockdown can KO lvl 130 Corrupted Heavy Gunners and Bombards in one go when combined with Garuda’s Seeking Talons but not just killing them by stacking.

Yeah, it's pretty crazy now. I'm guessing it was an unintended byproduct of this...

• Fixed Magus Lockdown not spawning an actual mine upon Void Dashing.

3 hours ago, YANJIUDING said:

given their armor is low enough.

If thats the case then its not really broken since they are plenty of Armored Nuissances in this game... infact if you need the armor to be low in the first place then its probably not even that good at all... in which case go HAM with it.

I do not see what is wrong. It promotes good play between armour strip, operator mechanics and switching forms.

Sure it's strong but there's some set up involved against armour and all.

30 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

I do not see what is wrong. It promotes good play between armour strip, operator mechanics and switching forms.

Sure it's strong but there's some set up involved against armour and all.

32 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

If thats the case then its not really broken since they are plenty of Armored Nuissances in this game... infact if you need the armor to be low in the first place then its probably not even that good at all... in which case go HAM with it.

I dont think you guys read what was said at all... Its now bugged, as you can spam it.

6 minutes ago, CyberPrimate said:

I dont think you guys read what was said at all... Its now bugged, as you can spam it.

Seriously. Comprehension... 

People miss the keyword.

4 hours ago, YANJIUDING said:

It seems that Magus Lockdown's mine is spammable now. My kiddo prime can now literally vaporize anything given their armor is low enough.

42 minutes ago, CyberPrimate said:

Ya know, 60% max HP vs say armor with Mitigation of 60% would only be doing 24% max HP. It gets worse when at the higher end you can get mitigations of 90++%, which would reduce it to a measly 6%, somewhat less than Trinity's EV. Spamming 10 of them down still wouldn't net a kill if you don't strip that armor.

Just because it can massacre infested doesn't automatically make it OP. Nobody cares about fodder.

If anything, offensive 1st abilities should all get some % enemy HP as damage or scaling (like Saryn) to make them more relevant than the 4s at higher levels for damage alone and keep you using all 4 skills. Heck, Operators should get some scaling as well.

4 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

Ya know, 60% max HP vs say armor with Mitigation of 60% would only be doing 24% max HP. It gets worse when at the higher end you can get mitigations of 90++%, which would reduce it to a measly 6%, somewhat less than Trinity's EV. Spamming 10 of them down still wouldn't net a kill if you don't strip that armor.

Just because it can massacre infested doesn't automatically make it OP. Nobody cares about fodder.

If anything, offensive 1st abilities should all get some % enemy HP as damage or scaling (like Saryn) to make them more relevant than the 4s at higher levels for damage alone and keep you using all 4 skills. Heck, Operators should get some scaling as well.

Armor doesn't matter at all right now because Magus Lockdown is bugged. It massacres everything in seconds. It's not just fodder. The heaviest enemies and bosses all get destroyed in seconds. It stacks like slash or gas procs right now. It's literally the most powerful thing in this game because it's based on enemy health and it stacks infinitely. I just did the entire Sortie in about 12 minutes only using my operator and Magus Lockdown.

This topic isn't about how Magus Lockdown normally works. I agree with you about that. This topic is about how it works after one of the recent Hotfixes. It's infinite high AoE DoT damage and CC. 

50 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

It does not matter. Go in with full CP squad and oblitarate everything. 

Even without that - if i pull enemies in with Anomaly or Zenurik and then spam void dash, i will regain all energy and I can ground void dash until everything is dead.

So I am : 1. Invulnerable in void, 2. Infinite energy due to void dash, 3. Got a infinitely spammable source of damage that is based on health percentages.

That is completely B R O K E N

It is bugged and thats the end of it. This is not a discussion. Should be in bug reports.

46 minutes ago, CyberPrimate said:

It does not matter. Go in with full CP squad and oblitarate everything. 

Even without that - if i pull enemies in with Anomaly or Zenurik and then spam void dash, i will regain all energy and I can ground void dash until everything is dead.

So I am : 1. Invulnerable in void, 2. Infinite energy due to void dash, 3. Got a infinitely spammable source of damage that is based on health percentages.

That is completely B R O K E N

It is bugged and thats the end of it. This is not a discussion. Should be in bug reports.

Still requires a specific set up. Good job showing that specific set ups are required because you listed out even more of them. That only seeks to invalidate your own stand more. If something is really broken and OP, it wouldn't require all these efforts and factors to gain it. It would be easy to achieve.

For example Spin 2 Win Atterax. The mods needed don't require much effort to max out compared to focus or finding a specific comp. And that's not even "bugged". It is just strong because of how mods stack.

A bug is not when something is OP, but when there is really a mistake in game calculations. If it did 6% damage or 600% damage, that is a bug. If two mines dropped that is a bug. If it bypassed armor even when doing non finisher damage, that is a bug.

This is obviously not to do with any of that so why should it be in a bug report forum?

11 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

If something is really broken and OP, it wouldn't require all these efforts and factors to gain it. It would be easy to achieve.

Equipping 4 CP's and pressing ctrl-space a few times is not "effort".

12 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

A bug is not when something is OP, but when there is really a mistake in game calculations. If it did 6% damage or 600% damage, that is a bug. If two mines dropped that is a bug. If it bypassed armor even when doing non finisher damage, that is a bug.

The bug from what I'm reading is that it is spammable, when originally you were only supposed to be able to use one every 4 seconds.

Although frankly, the fact that you can use 2 at once for 120% health damage is still pretty broken in and of itself. 

Just now, DeMonkey said:

The bug from what I'm reading is that it is spammable, when originally you were only supposed to be able to use one every 4 seconds.

Although frankly, the fact that you can use 2 at once for 120% health damage is still pretty broken in and of itself. 

Finding a squad with 4x CP is a bit hard for a player who has to pub matchmake everything. Not everyone is lucky to have enough friends that play WF to always have a full comp.

If you say it's every 4 seconds, then that's the only thing to be fixed, really. There is nothing else worth changing.

2 hours ago, BL4CKN0ISE said:

Armor doesn't matter at all right now because Magus Lockdown is bugged. It massacres everything in seconds. It's not just fodder. The heaviest enemies and bosses all get destroyed in seconds. It stacks like slash or gas procs right now. It's literally the most powerful thing in this game because it's based on enemy health and it stacks infinitely. I just did the entire Sortie in about 12 minutes only using my operator and Magus Lockdown.

This topic isn't about how Magus Lockdown normally works. I agree with you about that. This topic is about how it works after one of the recent Hotfixes. It's infinite high AoE DoT damage and CC. 

Everything in seconds is bad.  I want to kill stuff in far less than a second.

yes now it scales so it makes some sense vs lvl 700 enemies wit a squad with 4cp.

under level 150s any well built combo of frame and weapon cans do better

8 hours ago, CyberPrimate said:

Then Spam before the next hotfix. Unlike other bugs in this game this is one you know they are definitely going to fix... The last thing DE wants is to make players feel powerful.

16 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

Magus Lockdown does 60% of their max health as damage. No matter the level, it will take the same number of dashes to kill if the enemy doesnt have any kind of armor.

Now imagine spamming it everywhere using Naramon (the 12m radius Void Dash so your energy problems are nill and void... heh, pun).

Level 160 Conculysts are dead in 12 seconds.

Fodder units have no chance what-so-ever.

This is 101% a bug.

i see, my bad then. i spoke without knowing. 

15 hours ago, Datam4ss said:

Still requires a specific set up. Good job showing that specific set ups are required because you listed out even more of them. That only seeks to invalidate your own stand more. If something is really broken and OP, it wouldn't require all these efforts and factors to gain it. It would be easy to achieve.

For example Spin 2 Win Atterax. The mods needed don't require much effort to max out compared to focus or finding a specific comp. And that's not even "bugged". It is just strong because of how mods stack.

This is obviously not to do with any of that so why should it be in a bug report forum?

You're arguing about whether or not its bugged and to be honest I dont think that matters. Even if it's less of a "big and more of an "oversight", I think it's clearly overpowered, so much so that it breaks the game, because, as this guy said:

15 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

That sounds pretty darn silly to me, but what do I know I'm just a filthy console peasant.

I can't imagine DE would make it spammable on purpose all of a sudden if it wasnt originally.

Now that I think about it, this arcane seems silly to begin with.

Interesting. I noticed the lack of cooldown or restriction on multiple now, but to me it kept looking like an individual enemy would only get tethered by one mine at once. But I didn't test it thoroughly, and if there's testing that shows the opposite, I really can't argue with it. How I thought it worked is how I would LIKE it to, I suppose, but.. eh. I'm actually of the opinion that it even dealing damage is pretty nonsense because I would use it JUST for stunning things reliably. Fortunately for me, outside of these 4x corrosive squads, the damage actually feels pretty shaky against everything I play against anyhow. Doesn't account for shields and isn't a very good damage type for them, and gets hit as hard as you'd expect by armor. It also does notably worse against eximus enemies, but so does everything.

20 hours ago, Datam4ss said:

If you say it's every 4 seconds, then that's the only thing to be fixed, really. There is nothing else worth changing.

That is exactly the point of this thread. Jeez its like you didnt read what we were saying.

It was never spammable, you could only affect 8 (i think) enemiesevery 4s.

Just look at the video posted above us and tell me that looks normal to you.

9 minutes ago, CyberPrimate said:

That is exactly the point of this thread. Jeez its like you didnt read what we were saying.

It was never spammable, you could only affect 8 (i think) enemiesevery 4s.

Just look at the video posted above us and tell me that looks normal to you.

Wow, you bunch really get so triggered.

I can't be bothered to read any nerf whine thread. I get sick of them appearing on the forums like weeds.

So what is is strong? If you like to fight level 130 enemies by all means complain and whine about "no challenge".

To me this kind of thing is not much of an issue. If anything it encourages use of the Operator and justifies the lore of "void demons".

Of course, if the writing and the effect defers, either the effect of writing have to be fixed.

But hey, I can't differ in opinion from you. Because such is not allowed, is it? 

1 minute ago, Datam4ss said:

Wow, you bunch really get so triggered.

I can't be bothered to read any nerf whine thread. I get sick of them appearing on the forums like weeds.

So what is is strong? If you like to fight level 130 enemies by all means complain and whine about "no challenge".

To me this kind of thing is not much of an issue. If anything it encourages use of the Operator and justifies the lore of "void demons".

Of course, if the writing and the effect defers, either the effect of writing have to be fixed.

But hey, I can't differ in opinion from you. Because such is not allowed, is it? 

Its not an opinion. Its players reporting a bug that appeared after a recent hotfix.

This is not PLZ nerf thread. 

I agree that operators should be strong. And the way the arcane worked normally was still really strong, when combined with the right combos. I like it alot. I used to have double elevate on me all the time, now I finally started use other arcanes too. My favourite combo is Anomaly + Lockdown + my AoE armor stripping Tombfinger and a CO melee. Love the combo.

However, now you dont need to combine it with anything. Toggle crouch, use the focus school that doesnt ragdoll enemies and thats it. Can come with an unmodded frame if you wish with only CP aura and thats all you need. Use the frame as a simple shell to carry your operator.

But then again, if you looked at the video above us and thought that its normal, then I guess this might be and "opinion" thing. Beause it doesnt look normal to me at all.

10 hours ago, CyberPrimate said:

Its not an opinion. Its players reporting a bug that appeared after a recent hotfix.

No sense in arguing anymore.