Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(XB1)GearsMatrix301

Tombfinger on Console

I’ve been noticing my Tombfinger zaw (Murder_exe) has seemed much stronger since yesterday’s update. Can any of my fellow console Tenno concur with me on this?

I'll check when I get back but they did change it some in the patch notes.

On 1/29/2019 at 12:56 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Kitgun Changes:

• Increased the recharge rate of Pax Charge when used with all Chambers apart from Catchmoon.
  • Added a new sound for the Pax Charge Arcane.
  • Pax Soar now also reduces the effect of gravity when firing a Kitgun.
  • Pax Bolt chance to activate increased from 50% to 100% at max rank.
  • Splat Loader reload speed increased from 1.9 to 1.7 secs when used with Gaze Chamber.
  • Killstream Loader status chance increased from 11 to 13% when used with Catchmoon Chamber.
  • Tombfinger Chamber area-of-effect damage origin now matches point of impact instead of behind it.

32 minutes ago, (XB1)Skiller115 said:

I'll check when I get back but they did change it some in the patch notes.

I know about the change in AOE damages direction, but if anything that would make it weaker.

20 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

I know about the change in AOE damages direction, but if anything that would make it weaker.

By making it spawn at the point of origin, it makes the main enemy target get hit by both the bullet and the AoE rather than just the bullet.

This would actually increase the damage, obviously, with the side effect of having more proc chance for status and orange crits.

Basically the AoE is not spawning outside the main target.

19 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

No, definitely not weaker. Just easier to get AoE to be useful. Normally the AoE would come from the opposite of the direction it hit. So you had to hit enemies behind other enemies to make use of the AoE. Now it feels more natural. Simply put, just shooting enemies gets you the AoE. You don't need to think about setting it up anymore.

3 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

When DE said behind I think they meant "behind the bullet as it flies".

AKA if the target is facing you, the AoE would spawn in front of the target and spread towards you.

By making it spawn at the point of origin, it makes the main enemy target get hit by both the bullet and the AoE rather than just the bullet.

This would actually increase the damage, obviously, with the side effect of having more proc chance for status and orange crits.

Ok awesome. The worded of how something works or is changed can get confusing and unclear sometimes.

5 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Ok awesome. The worded of how something works or is changed can get confusing and unclear sometimes.

I edited my reply as I had no opportunity to test my Tombfinger yet, so I am working based on assumptions. Haven't used it much since I got it to rank 30 (yeah, it's my least liked chamber)

The only thing I am certain is that the gun's single target power has increased based on the wording.