The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we have a scythe weapon category?

-NightmareMoon-

5 hours ago, -NightmareMoon- said:

Yeah, DE please make it happen, and I mean a proper scythe not a sad excuse of one like the Dokram, something like this:

eQ7N299.jpgb

I just cant belive we got machetes of all things first instead of other better cool loking weapon like this, and no polearms are not scythes so don't even start.

This is a real end-game players here. They don't care that the Dokrahm has some of the best stances and range of all melee weapons, they want it to look cool. Why don't you just ask for a better skin instead of suggesting that DE further dilute the melee stance pool?

34 minutes ago, -NightmareMoon- said:

battle scythes were a real thing if you dont know, so I don't know what you are going to archive with your video.

my point is, this is a videogame :I

What I posted was less an argument and more of a joke. Did you watch the video? It's pretty funny.

• Like 2

From what i get, war scythe are basically polearm/halbert.

So the equivalent of the fantasy scythe is basically giant pickaxe.

Was kind of a joke to begin with, but that's even funnier that it is the most accurate element of comparison.

Edited by angias

melee 3.0 will hopefully make Scythes worth using, while they would work fine with Heavy Blade Stances, that weapon category is already crammed with top-tier weapons, adding in the Scythes with or without buff (with would be better) would just dilute the class further. DE has shown bias towards heavy blades before so it wouldn't surprise me if this actually happened. up-scaling the design of each of them to be larger would go a long way too.

• Like 1

Il y a 3 heures, -NightmareMoon- a dit :

yes and is quite accurate to warframe really, because you know:

7lvCvDA.png

Give him the scythe he want's.

He has his mind and His hearth at the right place.

Me being an elitist often forget how much you have to farm in this game.

#helpthefarmers

14 hours ago, Lakais said:

That already exists. Look no further then the Reaping Spiral stance for the Scythes weapons. Combo 2 "Abyssal Atomaton" has you throwing the scythes. But what you describe is an oversized glaive. We're getting that too, but only in archwing. 

And again, problem with really big weapons is that they don't look good or work well in ground combat, which is why AW melee weapons are not usable in ground combat, they don't look good while in actual use. 

And just how big must a scythe be for you? Have you actually used or seen any of the linked, actually in game scythes? They are polearms, almost as tall as a Tenno. 

like a frame mabe little bit bigger

it can be cool for fashion and can have some special efects like Ctrl+e slow enemy or knock them down etc.

but I do not understand why not add them ? 😄 i like scythes like x other peoples

Edited by Renginus

4 hours ago, Renginus said:

like a frame mabe little bit bigger

it can be cool for fashion and can have some special efects like Ctrl+e slow enemy or knock them down etc.

but I do not understand why not add them ? 😄 i like scythes like x other peoples

Mostly I guess it's because DE themselves have tried it and found that it either adds far too little to the game to be worth the work they have to do or that it simply does not work in practice. Case in point, swinging around something bigger then a frame in the 80% of game space is not going to look good because it's in claustrophobic hallways and tight spaces. All these giant scythe fights you see in other media (RWBY for example) all happen in wide open spaces where such highly acrobatic, heavily choreographed fights look good and work. But that same fight into a hallway where, if collision was a thing, you couldn't even use the weapon would at best be a poke-fest with a bad spear. 

This is also the reason they are removing scythes are a separate weapon class in Melee 3.0. It simply isn't different and unique enough in practical use from heavy blades and polearms to be worth the extra effort of maintaining a whole weapon class. It's a sad state of affairs and I wish it wasn't like this, but unfortunately I see and understand their reasoning. 

I will finish off by saying that while scythes are the topic right now, I feel there are entire weapon classes just as, if not more, unique and fun. Blade and whip, for example. Just two weapons in that entire weapon category. War fans are a thing. But just ONE weapon. Sword and shield is a class that is nigh forgotten. Weapon classes that are in my opinion far more unique and interesting then a scythe that is, for all intents and purposes, a weirdly shaped axe or halberd in a fight. 

9 hours ago, angias said:

Give him the scythe he want's.

He has his mind and His hearth at the right place.

Me being an elitist often forget how much you have to farm in this game.

#helpthefarmers

The agricultural community here in Warframe is often tread upon by the top 1% of farmers who have used their great wealth and power to acquire a nearly limitless supply of boosters. We need to think about the little guys.

#helpthefarmers

Well....(thinking really hard to not make a copy of polearm)

We either make them really heavy or really fast.

Heavy: pierce and slam any kind of armored enemy. Innate impact effectivement on every hit, massive base damage, terrifying finisher multiplier. Very high momentum cap with a momentum multiplier of 1.05 for each succesful combo or is affected by combo multiplier with a momentum multiplier of 1.3.  (the Idea is that the momentum affect all your movement foward to the point it become difficult to manover when it has reached a certain point)

(Armored enemy is the main Target)

Fast: the blade is not made of metal, has quite good crit and statut chance but low base damage and crit multiplier. (Very low crit multiplier: 1.3x and 55% crit chance)

(Weapon is random and unreliable but is still deadly)

• Like 1

• 3 years later...