Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Totally broken AI - more than usual

Pacheon

Where to begin with?

The AI totally ignores my presence and just keeps aiming at me (Corpus and Grineer), the infested won't even look at me with their butts.

If an enemy fires at me, the rest of the cluster will look at the point of interest (my location) and keep watching, till I get too close, so the Grineer can say "Tenno scuum, baak uff!"

Why did DE tweaked the AI in the first place? This issue was common back in 2013. Why "fixing" something which was not broken at all? Now they cannot navigate properly and finally started to ... do nothing at all.

Notice the second stage of cognition. The are paying attention, but not getting alerted even on short visible distance.

ZdWDK1H.jpg

jSMPxSv.jpg

ncaFXDP.jpg

afjI75j.jpg

Just adding to the conversation. I agree that there are moments where the AI has no clue what to do at all.

Some things I've noticed so far include (but are certainly in no way limited to):

• Similar to what you described, on excavation missions enemies that spawn may not engage or follow you which then leads to no enemies spawning near the excavators because a limit of enemies has been reached, which then leads to not having enough powercells. Even firing your weapons nearby/at them may not alert them
  • Especially Infested enemies may freeze momentarily mid melee attack
  • Enemies that can't teleport may suddenly snap to some other location nearby, have noticed this often with Infested Chargers
  • Grineer enemies that mount their turrets may not fire at all, only aim at you (this is quite recent)
  • Fissure/corrupted enemies (still) quite often spawn outside of map walls and ceilings (this isn't exactly AI related)

I play mostly solo, so it's not like some lag is causing these.

I play solo and sometimes with a random squad. The posted screenshots were made during a public run, while no host migration occurring. I mostly also prefer hosting, since facing more often (than I like) those +900ms players is totally ruining this game for me currently despite having the limit being set to 100ms. No one has yet complained about a laggy session while me being the host (150mbits connection).

I am also facing some heavy issues with spawn mechanics during exterminate missions where half of the enemy is literally missing and spawning only if player/s enter the trigger area near the exit - that will force spawn another 5-20-ish enemies 50-200m away ...

This needs to be fixed immediately. It took more than 9 minutes for a 1-3 minute exterminate missions.