Shadow-Spawn

Why has Devstream #123 been postponed until further notice?

Question

And where did they say it? link it. oops it was my potato time, just seen it.

Heres a conspiracy theory😼 : Anthem open demo just started around 1-2hours......and now a Dev stream had been postponed until further notice(i think its the first time it ever happened? correct me If I am wrong)....

Jokes aside, I think something big is coming or worst-case scenario is that something happened in RL.

Edited by HellVOps
  • Like 1

Just now, HellVOps said:

And where did they say it? link it.

No reason for them to tell us why it's postponed. It really ain't any of our business. They gave heads-up that it is and that's basically all they need to say on the matter.

• Like 1
  • Woah 3
  • Applause 2

Well, they teased Female Rhino  and Wisp being playable beforehand, so my guess is that bugs arose in the meantime and they couldn't get them fixed in time for the devstream, so they decided to postpone it rather than show up empty handed.

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

No reason for them to tell us why it's postponed. It really ain't any of our business. They gave heads-up that it is and that's basically all they need to say on the matter.

It's just good basic communication 101 to inform your gaming community, why it was postponed in the last minute, if not we worry about something bad has happened...

It's not the military where your commanding officer does not need to inform you why.

• Like 2
  • Woah 1
  • Applause 1

Damn .. got up as usual to watch the Devstream .. and its really Early guys 😞 oh well back to bed for me.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

Dang it, for once I wake up on time to watch a Devstream and it gets postponed for whatever reason. Was really looking forward to see Wisp in-game. 😞

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Shadow-Spawn said:

if not we worry about something bad has happened...

Mostly this. I mean, from a business perspective, they're not really obligated to tell us anything. But we care for them: they're not some faceless corporate entity to us. It'd be nice to know everyone's okay.

And send along a bunch of tea and blankets if they're not!

9 minutes ago, (PS4)drollive96 said:

I'm dissappointed too, but i'm sure theres a logical reason for it 

Yea maybe the fire alarm sounded, so everyone had to leave the building.

It wouldn't be the first time.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

I'm gonna check in at the time, maybe they'll have an explanation. Probably not, but maybe.

Edit: They don't have anything up, so that avenue of explanation is closed.

Edited by Loza03
  • Like 2

I don't watch devstream for prizes and I do wait for it at it's scheduled time, a short explanation would be really really great.

I do hope that everyone is ok, and that this is just a technical issue. DE are lovely folks, some of the nicest in the game dev industry.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Tyreaus said:

Mostly this. I mean, from a business perspective, they're not really obligated to tell us anything. But we care for them: they're not some faceless corporate entity to us. It'd be nice to know everyone's okay.

And send along a bunch of tea and blankets if they're not!

Actually they are just some faceless corporate entity. I don't know or care about any of these people. They're neither my friends nor my family. They make a product. I pay them money. That's all they are.

45 minutes ago, Shadow-Spawn said:

if not we worry about something bad has happened...

Ever question why you feel the need to do that and not just presume nothing until actual info was out?

On the one hand, a satellite could have deorbited right on their offices. On the other, someone got sick or something they wanted to show off wasn't ready.

They are a game development company that I enjoy playing their games. It never occurs to me to think the relationship is anything more than that.

13 minutes ago, rune_me said:

Actually they are just some faceless corporate entity. I don't know or care about any of these people. They're neither my friends nor my family. They make a product. I pay them money. That's all they are.

Isn't hoping that everyone is okay, like, the default reaction of every decent person? Even if you don't personally know anyone involved.

Edited by Pr1A
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Swagernator22663 said:

Anthem open demo is out, DE are busy playing it.

Busy waiting on the loading screen, more likely.

Edited by Pr1A
  • Satisfied 1

5 minutes ago, Pr1A said:

Isn't hoping that everyone is okay, like, the default reaction of every decent person? Even if you don't personally know anyone involved.

I never said I was a decent person, though.

3 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Ever question why you feel the need to do that and not just presume nothing until actual info was out?

On the one hand, a satellite could have deorbited right on their offices. On the other, someone got sick or something they wanted to show off wasn't ready.

They are a game development company that I enjoy playing their games. It never occurs to me to think the relationship is anything more than that.

There are hundreds of possible reasons why - only DE knows the real reason - until they share it - their gaming community will keep guessing and worry.

I just found this tweet on Twitter  - I guess the team is fine then - no explanation why it was postponed though.

• Like 1