Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why has Devstream #123 been postponed until further notice?

Shadow-Spawn

Question

And where did they say it? link it. oops it was my potato time, just seen it.

Heres a conspiracy theory😼 : Anthem open demo just started around 1-2hours......and now a Dev stream had been postponed until further notice(i think its the first time it ever happened? correct me If I am wrong)....

Jokes aside, I think something big is coming or worst-case scenario is that something happened in RL.

Edited by HellVOps
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

No reason for them to tell us why it's postponed. It really ain't any of our business. They gave heads-up that it is and that's basically all they need to say on the matter.

It's just good basic communication 101 to inform your gaming community, why it was postponed in the last minute, if not we worry about something bad has happened...

It's not the military where your commanding officer does not need to inform you why.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Shadow-Spawn said:

if not we worry about something bad has happened...

Mostly this. I mean, from a business perspective, they're not really obligated to tell us anything. But we care for them: they're not some faceless corporate entity to us. It'd be nice to know everyone's okay.

And send along a bunch of tea and blankets if they're not!

30 minutes ago, Tyreaus said:

Mostly this. I mean, from a business perspective, they're not really obligated to tell us anything. But we care for them: they're not some faceless corporate entity to us. It'd be nice to know everyone's okay.

And send along a bunch of tea and blankets if they're not!

Actually they are just some faceless corporate entity. I don't know or care about any of these people. They're neither my friends nor my family. They make a product. I pay them money. That's all they are.

45 minutes ago, Shadow-Spawn said:

if not we worry about something bad has happened...

Ever question why you feel the need to do that and not just presume nothing until actual info was out?

On the one hand, a satellite could have deorbited right on their offices. On the other, someone got sick or something they wanted to show off wasn't ready.

They are a game development company that I enjoy playing their games. It never occurs to me to think the relationship is anything more than that.

13 minutes ago, rune_me said:

Actually they are just some faceless corporate entity. I don't know or care about any of these people. They're neither my friends nor my family. They make a product. I pay them money. That's all they are.

Isn't hoping that everyone is okay, like, the default reaction of every decent person? Even if you don't personally know anyone involved.

Edited by Guest

3 minutes ago, Swagernator22663 said:

Anthem open demo is out, DE are busy playing it.

Busy waiting on the loading screen, more likely.

Edited by Guest

3 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Ever question why you feel the need to do that and not just presume nothing until actual info was out?

On the one hand, a satellite could have deorbited right on their offices. On the other, someone got sick or something they wanted to show off wasn't ready.

They are a game development company that I enjoy playing their games. It never occurs to me to think the relationship is anything more than that.

There are hundreds of possible reasons why - only DE knows the real reason - until they share it - their gaming community will keep guessing and worry.