Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

megalomaniacalHalide

Maybe it's time we dropped the daily standing caps

1 hour ago, HC217 said:

we're really starting to derail from the post, so this is the last i'll be talking about this. you clearly dislike the MR system, based on your own words. if you can't own up to that, then fine. if you dislike syndicate standing being tied to MR, there's a simple solution: all or nothing. grind all the MR so it's not an issue or don't grind MR or syndicate so it's not an issue, seeing as this is such a huge issue for you. not great advice, but then DE has a need for a cap and a need for MR to benefit progression. if your argument was more along the lines of remove standing from xp and put all the rep onto missions, i could at least pretend you don't like MR and address the proposed change. but if you say things like this:

people are gonna interpret that as "i don't want to grind MR fodder anymore, just give me full rep cap without it", especially when you continue to berate the MR system. here's more choice examples since you ignored your own bolded statements i pointed out to you, stripped of context this time since you didn't look at em the first time:

so no. you can have an opinion on MR and syndicates, but if i call you out on disliking MR, which effects your opinion on the topic, then if not acknowledge it, at least don't double down by denying it.

TL;DR: don't pretend you don't have a bias against MR, and if you do, at least don't make it so obvious

😑😑😑

Judging from what you're saying you don't understand what I'm saying in the least

I'm not saying I have anything against the MR system itself, it's fine, it MAKES SENSE that to unlock weapons or rivens for weapons, you must level weapons already available to you even if they're never going to be taken out again, what I DO have a problem with is when that system interferes with another system (the syndicated) that shouldn't have any relation to each other. THATS what I have a problem with, and judging from how much you seem to berate me saying this is completely unrelated to the OP is just further proof that you purposely chose to read the parts of my post that you deemed would take it completely out of context, because if MR and syndicates were split you could go and farm those syndicates to your hearts content, because the more you did the bigger your cap would be, not limited by how many weapons or frames are in your arsenal.

And literally the only way people could misinterpret what I have said in the way you say it would, was IF they only read out what you bolded and completely ignored everything else, which even if you were to skim it for 10 seconds that would never feasibly happen. The tone I'm picking is not because I have a biased against the MR system, I'm using it to convey the fact that standing caps and MR being linked doesn't make any sense at all and this fact is just plain dumb, there I spelled it out for you, kapiche?

On 2019-02-01 at 2:08 PM, WhiteMarker said:

I mean we all were low level at one point in time. It was fair for us back then.
So why is it now unfair for the low levels? If they want a higher cap, they can just rank up their mastery. This system give a meaning to mastery. And if someone doesn't want to rank up mastery, or if they are too lazy, then they have to deal with what they got. It's that simple.

Dude i've been playing for 4+ Years, i know, but warframe was VERY different when i started, orginally if you were to ask me 3 months ago i would agree with you, but i recently tried to create a new account on the switch and found out it is much harder to rank up for new players these days. Junctions take forever,(It used to be you just killed a boss and got a nav segment ), and early on you wont have access to good leveling spots. What also doesn't help is how 90% of the better weapons were moved up to higher mrs. Trust me new players need to be A LOT more dedicated than us veterans to get far in this game

7 minutes ago, (PS4)drollive96 said:

but i recently tried to create a new account on the switch and found out it is much harder to rank up for new players these days. Junctions take forever,(It used to be you just killed a boss and got a nav segment ), and early on you wont have access to good leveling spots. What also doesn't help is how 90% of the better weapons were moved up to higher mrs. Trust me new players need to be A LOT more dedicated than us veterans to get far in this game

Absolutely not!

I created a new account last Autumn as well and I was able to complete the Sacrifice in about 20 hours from Scratch. Played all missions solo except the last 4 Mot missions which are indeed very hard...but are also not meant to be tackled by a non-potatoed Excal...

You just need to know what you do. There are also so many tips and guides out there. Google "best leveling spot warframe" and the first hit is from April 2017 "Akkad, Stöfler, Hydron, Bere" which is still is pretty accurate. You just need to understand how Warframe (or Affinity in this case) works. You can ignore these steps and play casually but then you cannot come to public places and complain

1 minute ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Absolutely not!

I created a new account last Autumn as well and I was able to complete the Sacrifice in about 20 hours from Scratch. Played all missions solo except the last 4 Mot missions which are indeed very hard...but are also not meant to be tackled by a non-potatoed Excal...

You just need to know what you do. There are also so many tips and guides out there. Google "best leveling spot warframe" and the first hit is from April 2017 "Akkad, Stöfler, Hydron, Bere" which is still is pretty accurate. You just need to understand how Warframe (or Affinity in this case) works. You can ignore these steps and play casually but then you cannot come to public places and complain

Thats fair maybe i just have a short attention span lol

Why not let the "no-lifers" grind as much as they want? Why not let people enjoy the video game at their own pace? If they give criticism for there being nothing to do after reaching max standing, maybe take the criticism seriously. After all, daily limits don't neutralize those complaints - just push them back until people finally max out the standing.

If Warframe has to rely on slowing down player progress with daily limits in order to keep player retention, maybe there's something that needs changing. 

Also, someone raised a really good point by mentioning that practically none of the Syndicate rewards are purchasable through Platinum anyway, so it would barely affect DE's business in the slightest.

Just now, (XB1)Erudite God said:

none of the Syndicate rewards are purchasable through Platinum anyway, so it would barely affect DE's business in the slightest.

So let's say we remove the cap...I run 1 hour random ESO and can buy 4 Mods. Make this clan/friends only and 4 hours...maybe 20 Mods per day. I could wash so many Mods into the Trade Chat and I wouldn't be the only person...the prices would drop to 1 or 2 plat per Syndicate mod or 10p for each weapon. We need less plat, we buy less plat

9 hours ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

So let's say we remove the cap...I run 1 hour random ESO and can buy 4 Mods. Make this clan/friends only and 4 hours...maybe 20 Mods per day. I could wash so many Mods into the Trade Chat and I wouldn't be the only person...the prices would drop to 1 or 2 plat per Syndicate mod or 10p for each weapon. We need less plat, we buy less plat

good

If the problem is the people who cant play everyday, do what others games do to help the more "casual" people. 

What if you can "stack" the unused reputation or at least a part of it? 

1 - You can Farm (MR+1)k of reputation per day (like it is right now) + an acumulative of "unused" reputation if you didnt used it in the past days(you can tweek the number)
2 - Adding a +# on the reputation you can get per day you have been offline (also acumulative to a certain point and make a restriction of a full server day or 24hs since last login)

That "acumulative" part is what can help the casual player without buffing the grinder and in the acumulative quantity you can tweek to not disrupt neither ingame economy or DE economy. Is something like the "Rested" XP in other games but with the reputation. 
What you have to keep in mind is that this things you are losing for not being able to play is what makes people login daily so they can throw it away and lose part of they players base or at least his frequency of login. 

19 hours ago, SarusMindfury said:

If the problem is the people who cant play everyday, do what others games do to help the more "casual" people. 

What if you can "stack" the unused reputation or at least a part of it? 

1 - You can Farm (MR+1)k of reputation per day (like it is right now) + an acumulative of "unused" reputation if you didnt used it in the past days(you can tweek the number)
2 - Adding a +# on the reputation you can get per day you have been offline (also acumulative to a certain point and make a restriction of a full server day or 24hs since last login)

That "acumulative" part is what can help the casual player without buffing the grinder and in the acumulative quantity you can tweek to not disrupt neither ingame economy or DE economy. Is something like the "Rested" XP in other games but with the reputation. 
What you have to keep in mind is that this things you are losing for not being able to play is what makes people login daily so they can throw it away and lose part of they players base or at least his frequency of login. 

I think that the syndicate standing should be the same across the board for new and vet players. Maby have them at 25k like the other guy said but if you havn't capped out your points for the day, whatever you didn't cap is added towards a pool of some sort or even added on top of the next day but adding a cap of 35k so theres a buffer. 

I recently also started a fresh account to try and experience the "new player experience" and so far i've been having fun with it. My experience in the game prior has allowed me to smash through the content pretty fast but i felt that there were more pressing things in the game than standing that could be addressed right off the bat. My belief is that someone who is less than mastery rank 10 isn't too interested in the midgame-high end content of syndicates but will instead farm for materials, frames or mods, hell even progression of the starchart and quests are still a prominent thing to do around that area. I know that mastery rank isn't a status of competence or how far into the game they are. On the new acc i was still MR 4 until i had to kill vey hek on earth due to the starcharts demands on the junction nodes. 

I also believe that cracked mods are an unsightly abomination that should not exist. and shirks the new player into upgrading unnecessary filler mods.