Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why can't solo extract from survival fissures?

Spectrrra

Question

Why can't you solo extract from void missions? I wanted to extract at 10 mins and wrote normally in the chat that I'd like to extract, they deliberately kept me in the mission for 35 mins... not like I wanted to go to sleep or anything in that regard... Just got "press ALT + F4" & swearing as a response, which is pathetic. You can just let the solo player extract and play another void fissure mission, which is what I suggested in the chat as well. For a new player that has played maybe like a week this is a really horrible experience as I don't think I will play these game types ever again (except with clan/friends). So why can't you solo extract like in normal defense missions in survival anyway...? It would make this game more enjoyable...

12 answers to this question

5 hours ago, Spectrrra said:

Why can't you solo extract from void missions? I wanted to extract at 10 mins and wrote normally in the chat that I'd like to extract, they deliberately kept me in the mission for 35 mins... not like I wanted to go to sleep or anything in that regard... Just got "press ALT + F4" & swearing as a response, which is pathetic. You can just let the solo player extract and play another void fissure mission, which is what I suggested in the chat as well. For a new player that has played maybe like a week this is a really horrible experience as I don't think I will play these game types ever again (except with clan/friends). So why can't you solo extract like in normal defense missions in survival anyway...? It would make this game more enjoyable... 

Yeah pretty much

for the longest time I dreaded having to unlock survival nodes, even resorting to going into them Solo to avoid being held from extracting.

Nowadays I'm pretty overpowered though and go into low level survivals to farm resources; where I'm the one holding the new players hostage from extracting.

Of course I know it must suck for them, I certainly remember it from when I was in that situation; But back then no one let me extract early so I feel that there is fitting balance for me to do the same now.

Maybe DE will change things to break the cycle?

Honestly I can't wait for the people now asking for solo extraction to return to the forum after the host leaving the squad leading to a host migration.
Just talk to your squad before starting the mission. ("For how long do you wanna go? 30 minutes? Fine with me")
It's not that difficult. It isn't rocket science.

1 hour ago, Swagernator22663 said:

I don't understand how is this a good thing at all ? Bite size at its finest.

Because not everyone has the time to play for hours doing only one type of mission?
I hate people who leave Hydron at wave 5 but I just try to understand that they probably have other things to do aside grinding for affinity.
DE should really start to implement solo extract on regular missions and hopefully they also fix the host migration crap with it because I can see a lot of people losing rewards because of failed migration.

I'm sorry for your bad encounter, it's very infrequent but there are a lot of players in WF and given a large enough sample of humans finding some people like that is inevitable. The "ignore" function prevents you from being matched with them again, I encourage you use it but after more than 1k hours in mission with mostly public matches my ignore list is like 5 people long so it doesn't happen often. 

It usually is to the benefit of any player going into and endless mission to stay for a full rotation (AABC) to get to the highest tier rewards. That is 20m survival, 20 waves defense, etc. Leaving before that is a bit of a waste. However there are many valid reasons to leave earlier than that, like unlocking a node. 

When I go into and endless I usually go to the chat right away and ask what's their target time, if I don't like it, I just leave and free the spot for someone else. 

Sólo extraction as they said will be implemented very soon and that will cease to be a problem. 

Yeah you encountered one of those few Bad Eggs in the game who don't use Recruit Chat or discord to find other people who also want to go for long durations in Survival... 

LoL... some jerk did this to me aswell in a fissure... bragging about how he didn't need me to survive. Which is true but if thats the case then why not play Solo or invite only ?