Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I really miss the Prime Trailers!

Dark-Sheer

I just watched a GMV with lots of the Prime Trailers in it.

It made me realise how much i miss seeing those cinematic action sequences. 

Also Ballas Voiceovers gave us a chance to speculate on lore.

I hope they at least bring the almost finished one out.

• Like 1

I miss them, but I can live without them. And that's saying something because I was really hoping to see Limbo Prime (I love Limbo, my favourite frame) doing space magic shenanigans in glorious CGI.

I would like to see more general CG trailers though. Maybe for Railjack?

Me too. I don't understand when people reason out that it takes time away from DE from developing new content. There are a lot of fan made videos made only using captura which look great. I'm fairly sure that if DE wanted to release new prime trailers, they could do it easily. They released some cinematic trailers about 4-5 years ago and DE was a small team back then compared to now.

2 minutes ago, Sir_Carl said:

Me too. I don't understand when people reason out that it takes time away from DE from developing new content. There are a lot of fan made videos made only using captura which look great. I'm fairly sure that if DE wanted to release new prime trailers, they could do it easily. They released some cinematic trailers about 4-5 years ago and DE was a small team back then compared to now.

Because DE said it did, and creating a prime trailer is more than splicing together pre-existing videos. DE have to create their own choreography for each trailer, create and record animations for said choreography, do lighting for the scenes/animations, record sounds for the choreography/scenes, write a lengthy dialogue for said scenes, plan record and pay for said dialogue to be recorded by it's va, add sound editing to both the recorded dialogue and whatever sounds need editing outside the dialogue, edit everything together, and possibly more before they have a final product. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ranks21 said:

I find all those trailers were hugely misleading, what was shown and how the game plays is total contrasts of each other.

You're saying that a non-gameplay trailer doesn't necessarily reflect the actual gameplay? Who knew.

Edited by Guest

26 minutes ago, ranks21 said:

I find all those trailers were hugely misleading, what was shown and how the game plays is total contrasts of each other.

Interesting because I feel the opposite, the trailers relied far too much on in-game assets/animations to pull of a truly good cinematic experience. The combat is all the same, just slower/with less enemies, which is probably why my favorite trailers where the ones with the least amount of combat because uck our combat is not to watch. 

1 hour ago, Atekron said:

thanks, but is it rly over?

"Over that way" imagine him pointing towards other "content drought" posts and telling you to go post what you did in them, not an entirely unrelated thread.

12 minutes ago, Goodwill said:

I would personally pay to have the team set aside resources to create cinematics. Be more than happy to put forward at least $300 per trailer assuming they made one per quarter.

To me, sometimes the small things matter.

Essentially paying a group of devs to freelance their own project is going to cost way more than $300, probably off by several zeroes. Coupled with having those devs be unavailable for other content, content that can be played, this idea is ludicrous.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Atekron said:

thanks, but is it rly over?

Well, although it has admittedly been a slow month, remember that they were coming back from a break after a biggish project. finishing up a couple of bigger-ish ones. Plus, Railjack and New War are likely diverting some of their attention (and, yes, New War is in active development. They were about to do mocap last devstream, which for the Sacrifice was in April for a June release.)

I will admit, I'm surprised we didn't get that deck 12/exploiter thing this month. Yeah, yeah, they were like "we have nothing to show" but after those teasers I didn't particularly believe them. Guess they were telling the truth. Let's see how February goes before we pass judgment.