Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

SPEED 1.00

SnoozecoopYT

Hey guys what's up. First time writing on Warframe forums so bear with me. So I feel like the speed in Warframe should get a re-buff what do you guys think. 1.00 Sprint speed isn't enough for surviving long endurance runs I can tell you that much. Well of course we have RUSH, ARMORED AGILITY and SPRINT BOOSTS. But to me those are useless you know. Well for Volt players those are useful MODS in my opinion but for other players like me I feel like these mods are useless they took up space in your MOD slots. Take for example Nidus or Rhino or other frames with 1.00 speed as their default speed. Running feels heavy it feels like carrying a Grattler at your back I mean so hard to run and evade attacks you see what I'm saying. And of course again we have Bullet Jumping to me which is not good enough. We need that extra speed to survive and run around you know dodging bullets and that flexibility. I feel like DE need to buff the default sprint speed to at least 1.30 or 1.45 sprint speed. RUSH alone took up lots of space in your slot. ARMORED AGILITY gives you 15 extra speed and 45 additional armor which is meh to me. And SPRINT BOOSTS? Useless MOD. PHYSIQUE and other AURA MODS are better like STEEL CHARGE, CORROSIVE PROJECTIONS etc. But this is just a suggestion though. But what do you guys think should the speed get a buff to at least 1.30 or better 1.45? Or should it stay on the default 1.00. But like I said this is just a suggestion. For me more speed more flexibility can help a lot surviving. That extra speed can help you bullet jump longer and higher. TY any reply would be appreciated.

12 minutes ago, SnoozecoopYT said:

Hey guys what's up. First time writing on Warframe forums so bear with me...

Yo, you can use paragraphs and don't have to make everything with big letters. Noone wants to read your thread like this ^^'.

See:

Spoiler

Hey guys what's up. First time writing on Warframe forums so bear with me.

So I feel like the speed in Warframe should get a re-buff what do you guys think.  1.00 Sprint speed isn't enough for surviving long endurance runs I can tell you that much. Well of course we have RUSH, ARMORED AGILITY and SPRINT BOOSTS. But to me those are useless you know. Well for Volt players those are useful MODS in my opinion but for other players like me I feel like these mods are useless they took up space in your MOD slots.

Take for example Nidus or Rhino or other frames with 1.00 speed as their default speed. Running feels heavy it feels like carrying a Grattler at your back I mean so hard to run and evade attacks you see what I'm saying. And of course again we have Bullet Jumping to me which is not good enough. We need that extra speed to survive and run around you know dodging bullets and that flexibility.

I feel like DE need to buff the default sprint speed to at least 1.30 or 1.45 sprint speed. RUSH alone took up lots of space in your slot. ARMORED AGILITY gives you 15 extra speed and 45 additional armor which is meh to me. And SPRINT BOOSTS? Useless MOD. PHYSIQUE and other AURA MODS are better like STEEL CHARGE, CORROSIVE PROJECTIONS etc.

But this is just a suggestion though. But what do you guys think should the speed get a buff to at least 1.30 or better 1.45? Or should it stay on the default 1.00. But like I said this is just a suggestion. For me more speed more flexibility can help a lot surviving. That extra speed can help you bullet jump longer and higher. TY any reply would be appreciated.

About your actual suggestion:
Nah, not necessary. Learn to use parkour and every frame has more or less the same speed.

Edited by Feyangol
  • Like 3

Sprinting isn't really that useful right now. Should it be is another thing (and, yeah, it probably should) but it isn't your main mobility tool.

Go into your codex and find tutorials, and there'll be one for Parkour. Give it a shot, and try implementing it in regular missions. You'll be way faster than the base sprint speed and be able to use it in three dimensions.

5 minutes ago, SnoozecoopYT said:

Hey guys what's up.

First time writing on Warframe forums so bear with me...

So I feel like the speed in Warframe should get a re-buff, what do you guys think? 1.00 Sprint speed isn't enough for surviving long endurance runs, I can tell you that much. Well of course we have RUSH, ARMORED AGILITY and SPRINT BOOSTS. But to me those are useless, you know.

Well for Volt players those are useful MODS in my opinion but for other players, like me, I feel like these mods are useless . They take up space in your MOD slots. Take for example Nidus or Rhino or other frames with 1.00 speed as their default speed. Running feels heavy, it feels like carrying a Grattler at your back, I mean, so hard to run and evade attacks you see what I'm saying.

And of course again we have Bullet Jumping, to me, which is not good enough. We need that extra speed to survive and run around, you know, dodging bullets and that flexibility. I feel like DE need to buff the default sprint speed to at least 1.30 or 1.45 sprint speed.

RUSH alone takes lots of space in your slot. ARMORED AGILITY gives you 15 extra speed and 45 additional armor which is meh to me. And SPRINT BOOSTS? Useless MOD. PHYSIQUE and other AURA MODS are better like STEEL CHARGE, CORROSIVE PROJECTIONS etc. But this is just a suggestion though.

But what do you guys think should the speed get a buff to at least 1.30 or better 1.45? Or should it stay on the default 1.00? But like I said this is just a suggestion. For me more speed more flexibility can help a lot surviving. That extra speed can help you bullet jump longer and higher. TY any reply would be appreciated.

1. This is much better to read, try to not paste walls of texts in the future.

2. Tbh I don't use running. I Bullet Jump, Double Jump, Roll and Aim Glide. If I need to go through even larger rooms I use my Operator to dash through the biggest rooms (Corpus Ice Planet Tile Set) in seconds as well. I use Bullet Jump Mods occasionally if the Builds allow it for me. Most of the times I can't though and that's still fine. 58 seconds for a full run on Phorid (Start, kill and extraction) with a Rhino not equipped with any Speed Mod is decent enough to not need a change though

You're funny if you think sprinting will save you from heavy gunfire. 😆

But srsly, learn the parkour system. Try remapping the buttons if you find it difficult pressing the default key settings. 
The frames you gave as examples are frames that are supposed to be heavy, so giving them a lower base sprint speed makes their form and build more believable, while smaller and slimmer frames have higher base speed. Also, sprint mods are optional and they're not really used for survivability. If you need survivability you use vitality or you take a healer with you.

I tend to use Rush and Armored Agility on all my frames without any power and energy issues due to breaking down my build to using two slots from left to right to handle the basics. It usually just comes down to [ Energy.Strenght/Efficiency/Speed/Shields/Health]..I just normally out run the guys using wall jumps or whatever without having to use sprint boost while tanking through level 100s and higher along side the occasional hour to two hour run (if I actually want waste my time with that in year 5) by using radar, speed, cover, and survivability..

I really could use the two extra slots though if they buffed the speed to at least that of the combined numeric of Rush and Armored Agility, though I do like that little bit of armor added for some of the other frames who rely on it, yet...Full body shudder at the thought of being slow and just running at normal speed without those mods or a buff...bleh!!!

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey

3 hours ago, kgabor said:

Parkour is the regular movement method in Wf. and what exactly is the problem with bulletjumpimg?

Imo. changing the default sprint speed is unnecessary and changing the default movement speed would be slightly annoying.

My thoughts too.

Surely dodging - rolling, sliding, jumping etc. are better for evading fire than outright speed?

There are frame's who's Sprint Speed I disagree with but I don't see a reason for some to be over 1.0 or under 1.0 really.

If I were to alter some Sprint Speeds I'd prolly go with:

• Mag 1.0 > 1.2
  • Wukong: 0.95 > 1.2
  • Frost: 0.95 > 1.0
  • Harrow: 1.0 > 1.1
  • Excalibur: 1.0 > 1.1
  • Valkyr: 1.1 > 1.2
  • Garuda: 1.0 > 1.15
  • Atlas 0.9 > 1.0

Players may not knows this but Sprint Speed affects your continued momentum through maneuvers.

When you're Sprinting perform a Dodge and keep Sprinting the momentum between the two animations is affected by your Sprint Speed. It's small but it's there I've done race comparisons on this. Most if not all things you do when Sprinting will have a minor effect based on your Sprint Speed. If you stand still and just bullet jump then nothing is affected but if you're doing a more standard Sprinting Bullet Jump + Double Jump + Roll landing into another Bullet Jump. That is affected.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, (PS4)Lollybomb said:

Considering enemies seem to be able to track and reliably hit you through even the fastest of maneuvers, trying to use running as a survival tactic instead of killing them, damage reducing abilities, or finding actual cover seems pointless to me.

Heh, finding cover might actually be the most pointless of those tactics. There are so many enemies who ignore cover it's comical.

Napalms don't care, Hyeka Firebombs, Sapping Osprey, Railgun Moas, Bursa, Areal bombardment from Lancers, Tar Mutalist, Nox.

I could prolly find a good 20 enemies that ignore cover.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Heh, finding cover might actually be the most pointless of those tactics. There are so many enemies who ignore cover it's comical.

Napalms don't care, Hyeka Firebombs, Sapping Osprey, Railgun Moas, Bursa, Areal bombardment from Lancers, Tar Mutalist, Nox.

I could prolly find a good 20 enemies that ignore cover.

Perhaps.  But breaking line of sight is still more effective than just running, which all enemies tend to ignore.

• Like 1

A lot of people bullet jump but don't roll.  

Rolling gives you 75% damage reduction and with jumps is faster than just bullet jumping by itself. 

If you aren't in the middle of bullet jumping, you should be rolling or sliding.

Sprinting just makes you a target.

• Like 1

much thanks to Feyangol, the hero we need but not the hero we deserve.

if Sprinting isn't fast enough, Parkour lets us move much, much faster. and to move almost like water through Tiles.

14 minutes ago, Klypto said:

A lot of people bullet jump but don't roll.  
Rolling gives you 75% damage reduction and with jumps is faster than just bullet jumping by itself. 
If you aren't in the middle of bullet jumping, you should be rolling or sliding.

(ideally both, ofcourse - use all of the tools available to you)

16 hours ago, Lutesque said:

All of them Slower than Volt. :P 

and everything else slower than Nova. :p

11 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Players may not knows this but Sprint Speed affects your continued momentum through maneuvers.

When you're Sprinting perform a Dodge and keep Sprinting the momentum between the two animations is affected by your Sprint Speed. It's small but it's there I've done race comparisons on this. Most if not all things you do when Sprinting will have a minor effect based on your Sprint Speed. If you stand still and just bullet jump then nothing is affected but if you're doing a more standard Sprinting Bullet Jump + Double Jump + Roll landing into another Bullet Jump. That is affected.

ohmygodsomeonethatactuallyunderstandsthis
(you're like one of less than 10 people i've ever met that understand this relation, even many people skilled enough to play Conclave don't believe this is a thing)

• Like 2

10 hours ago, taiiat said:

ohmygodsomeonethatactuallyunderstandsthis
(you're like one of less than 10 people i've ever met that understand this relation, even many people skilled enough to play Conclave don't believe this is a thing)

I think there might be more than 10 people that understand it.  It's just that a lot more players don't try to find out why somethings work the way they do.  

• Like 1