Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

-75% Disc. when you come back to the game

Nega_Nebulus

So there is not a new thing that most of the game making companies try to "trick" their's player base into spending more and more on their game. So idk if this is remotely interesting for any of you but everytime I take a pause from the game, 25-30-35 days, I receive a -75% disccount, the thing is I don't care too much about the rank, PVP, clans and all that, I just like to try new armor sets, warframes and playing the same missions. Now 5$ is not alot to spend on game currency as long as I respect the developer and I like what warframe stands for but I was curios if some of you encountered this type of behavior from DC.

It's not officially stated, but enough players have experienced this that it's pretty much an accepted feature that you're more likely to get a discount when you don't log in for a while.

Anyways, it's obviously there to encourage people to buy plat, but I'd say it hardly constitutes as a "trick".

Edited by rapt0rman

Following the anecdotal rule.

I have gotten multiple 75% discounts, and I log everyday. So it is not about taking long breaks.

New conspiracy theory, must be:

• username
  • frame you log off/log in with
  • amount of plat
  • hours not played
  • time of day/night
  • stars alignment (in game of course silly)
  • the old favorite "rng"

We can do this all day, everyday, forever and ever. 

an yes, I spend $50 maybe once a year on even without a discount, but only if I need it. I play casual, so trade is out as an option for me.

Edited by Souldend78

I got my last discount in 2013. After that I never got any kind of discoutns and I just made 3 break in the whole time and all was 20-25 day at max. This is purely on luck or depend on how much the person willing to spend. When I got my discounts I bought 1000 plats on it. I got 3 75% and 1 50% and this was the all what I had in my play time. I spent only on slots because everything is farmable.

1 hour ago, Souldend78 said:

Following the anecdotal rule.

I have gotten multiple 75% discounts, and I log everyday. So it is not about taking long breaks.

This logic doesn't follow. Obviously if you never take breaks then statistically you're going to get the discount no matter what because you're "rolling the dice" everyday. At the same time you're also specifically not testing the theory by doing so.

While they may both be anecdotal evidence, your anecdotal evidence has no effect on the anecdotal evidence that if you don't log in for long periods of time, you have an increased chance of getting the discount. 

To clarify, I don't think it's -75% discounts in particular, but discounts in general.

Edited by rapt0rman
  • Like 2

Well I've never taken much of a break from the game, since I started playing (had maybe 2 or 3 weeks here and there where I haven't played) and I've not noticed any change in plat discounts. When I do get them they're usually 50% which is fine for me. The 75% discounts I have got have come when I have been active, so...

5 hours ago, rapt0rman said:

While they may both be anecdotal evidence, your anecdotal evidence has no effect on the anecdotal evidence that if you don't log in for long periods of time, you have an increased chance of getting the discount. 

My point exactly, for every person that happens to take long breaks and get it, there are others that don't and still get it, but are no vocal about it, so there is no way to accurately disprove either one, while at the same time, they cannot be taken as a rule, since those same people never tried to continue to log, they took breaks. 

50 minutes ago, Souldend78 said:

My point exactly, for every person that happens to take long breaks and get it, there are others that don't and still get it, but are no vocal about it, so there is no way to accurately disprove either one, while at the same time, they cannot be taken as a rule, since those same people never tried to continue to log, they took breaks. 

Ok but what I'm saying is that logging in everyday and getting the discount doesn't need to be disproven because it's just standard probability (and is for all intents and purposes, the way you're supposed to get the discount).

Basically It's not that anecdotal evidence can't disprove things, it's that logging in continuously (even if it's verified, logged, non-anecdotal evidence) can't disprove the theory because it doesn't even test the theory. On the other hand @GreeneLanterne (If I'm understanding him correctly) taking three breaks and not getting a discount, despite also being anecdotal, does more to disprove the theory.

If I remember right, my login reward for returning after a year...besides learning my past 2 years meant nothing in the eyes of the almighty login counter in the sky..

Was a very small amount of circuits or something of that common resource nature.

8 hours ago, Nega_Nebulus said:

So there is not a new thing that most of the game making companies try to "trick" their's player base into spending more and more on their game. So idk if this is remotely interesting for any of you but everytime I take a pause from the game, 25-30-35 days, I receive a -75% disccount, the thing is I don't care too much about the rank, PVP, clans and all that, I just like to try new armor sets, warframes and playing the same missions. Now 5$ is not alot to spend on game currency as long as I respect the developer and I like what warframe stands for but I was curios if some of you encountered this type of behavior from DC.

I always get a 75% off coupon after I take breaks from Warframe because DE can’t make re play value content.