Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE - we have a Verification debacle

ThumpumGood

I keep getting the pop up that Warframe needs to verify my account because "...logged in from a different computer." IT'S THE SAME COMPUTER. I have 2 ways to start WF. One is thru steam and the other isnt. But it's to one account and on one computer. PLEASE fix this!

47 minutes ago, ThumpumGood said:

I keep getting the pop up that Warframe needs to verify my account because "...logged in from a different computer." IT'S THE SAME COMPUTER. I have 2 ways to start WF. One is thru steam and the other isnt. But it's to one account and on one computer. PLEASE fix this!

Check mail for code .. *possible noted as spam mail*

you might check for that aswell

Noreply@warframe.com <-- this is the mail you should see

Only had that happen long time ago, IP address changed on new router. But if not:

Please consider scanning your computer with a good antivirus/malware, do a safe registry clean, then change password to your account.

I have ran Warframe from normal pc launcher and from Steam, haven't got verification issues....yet.

3 hours ago, -_Highlander_- said:

Check mail for code .. *possible noted as spam mail*

you might check for that aswell

Noreply@warframe.com <-- this is the mail you should see

I did. And then when I switched to the steam enabled version(which I now only use to buy plat) I got it again. And then when I went back to the non steam version, I got it again. Same computer, same account, same person... keep getting the message.

I understand and appreciate the verification to prevent theft. Just had a friend go thru it where his account got hacked and shut down. DE recognized it right away and he got everything he lost returned to him(Good on ya DE for that. Bravo!)

But I dont understand how the same computer and the same connection and the same account gets flagged as being a different computer. More than once.

26 minutes ago, Souldend78 said:

Only had that happen long time ago, IP address changed on new router. But if not:

Please consider scanning your computer with a good antivirus/malware, do a safe registry clean, then change password to your account.

I have ran Warframe from normal pc launcher and from Steam, haven't got verification issues....yet.

I have both AV and AMW running all of the time. I do a complete scan every week.
However... I did not consider that ISPs change your IP now and then. That could be the issue. I'll wait and see if it happens again.

56 minutes ago, ThumpumGood said:

I did. And then when I switched to the steam enabled version(which I now only use to buy plat) I got it again. And then when I went back to the non steam version, I got it again. Same computer, same account, same person... keep getting the message.

I understand and appreciate the verification to prevent theft. Just had a friend go thru it where his account got hacked and shut down. DE recognized it right away and he got everything he lost returned to him(Good on ya DE for that. Bravo!)

But I dont understand how the same computer and the same connection and the same account gets flagged as being a different computer. More than once.

let me put this carefully ( Tokens )

Token system that prevents multiple logins (*you could see it as an dmv license plate*) everything is registerd on its own name etc.. 

Windows has this same security feature * when hardware have beeing changed after the first activation . you'll need to re activate windows again

because they own an checklist on you what you have what versions to support etc

-- Non -steam launcher contains Token

-- Warframe thru steam has also an Token to send

--- Its al about you .. when they see an switch on an Token they need to verify that its realy you --

and not some diffrent person trying to login thru your credits

This 2FP is nothing more than an confirmation to see that its an official Token (code) ( and you have mostly an extra feature on that like sms code to verify as an Token)

-- Otherwise it would be a mess when people login on multiple machines into 1 account and messup the whole game --

In this way Devs can prevent that so your account can be more secure and only can be used by 1 person only

-Early days and still , you have games with license code to use the product-

Normaly you could revoke the product code to use the product on an diffrent machine but that system have beeing changed over time 

So i reccomend to use 1 launcher only to prevent this kinda stuff .. but keep in mind diffrent computers diffrent ip's need diffrent Tokens (Codes)

-- You may correct me where iam wrong but keep it nice and constructive (saw to much comment bashing already) on those kinda things iam not responding any longer :thumbup: :satisfied:-- 

16 hours ago, -_Highlander_- said:

let me put this carefully ( Tokens )

Token system that prevents multiple logins (*you could see it as an dmv license plate*) everything is registerd on its own name etc.. 

Windows has this same security feature * when hardware have beeing changed after the first activation . you'll need to re activate windows again

because they own an checklist on you what you have what versions to support etc

-- Non -steam launcher contains Token

-- Warframe thru steam has also an Token to send

--- Its al about you .. when they see an switch on an Token they need to verify that its realy you --

and not some diffrent person trying to login thru your credits

This 2FP is nothing more than an confirmation to see that its an official Token (code) ( and you have mostly an extra feature on that like sms code to verify as an Token)

-- Otherwise it would be a mess when people login on multiple machines into 1 account and messup the whole game --

In this way Devs can prevent that so your account can be more secure and only can be used by 1 person only

-Early days and still , you have games with license code to use the product-

Normaly you could revoke the product code to use the product on an diffrent machine but that system have beeing changed over time 

So i reccomend to use 1 launcher only to prevent this kinda stuff .. but keep in mind diffrent computers diffrent ip's need diffrent Tokens (Codes)

-- You may correct me where iam wrong but keep it nice and constructive (saw to much comment bashing already) on those kinda things iam not responding any longer :thumbup: :satisfied:-- 

I know about the tokens but I didnt realize steam vs non steam would generate a different one since it's all me and WF. Thanks for that.