Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I've begun noticing leechers in Orb Vallis bounties.

AlexanderDMoon

I won't throw out names of course, but I've come across a couple of leechers while doing Orb Vallis bounties in the past few days. They'd exit the elevator and just whip out their mining tool instead of deploying their archwing/k-board and booking it to the objective marker. They'd even completely ignore everyone else as if they're just mindless drones. I've reported the leechers I've come across but I haven't gotten replies yet.

Anyone else come across these people?

Just now, (PS4)I420t said:

Slower players [leechers] should get automatically teleported to the bounty location once at least one player arrives.  It wouldn't solve the problem but I think it would help.

I think resource locations should just not spawn (meaning mining nodes and fish don't show up in bounties). I think that'd be a solid solution.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, AlexanderDMoon said:

I think resource locations should just not spawn (meaning mining nodes and fish don't show up in bounties). I think that'd be a solid solution.

Admittedly this would hinder me quite a bit.  Often when I run the Profit Taker orb fight it takes a good 5-10 mins before anyone else joins.  If I'm unable to mine/fish while I wait then my efficiency goes down significantly and this would annoy me more than reporting the player once every month or so that I come across the leeches.  I also think the issue with leeches isn't as common as people make it seem but it would be good to get some proper stats on the matter rather than everyone's experience (since we remember positive correlations stronger).

You're still doing bounties!? In all seriousness, once someone told me to give mining a try I've never looked back. If you like bounties though, more power to you. It is a problem though but it's partly DE's fault. That's what is going to happen when you have an open world setup, you're just encouraging it. You know what might help? Actual better rewards you might get that you would have gotten if you were mining or fishing and so on on the side. Other than that, dunno what they could do that wouldn't end up messing people up by accident other than making it so you couldn't finish or mine during a bounty buuuuuuuut then DE goes and makes a phase where you have to fish so...

I've found mining is the laziest way to increase your standing with SU (and just buy the bonds you need from Ticker).

That said, I'm having to do the bounty that (supposedly) gives you Garuda's systems component. Been doing regularly for the last month or so but no joy yet. Doesn't seem to make a difference if I run solo or with a team. :sad:

4 hours ago, AlexanderDMoon said:

I won't throw out names of course, but I've come across a couple of leechers while doing Orb Vallis bounties in the past few days. They'd exit the elevator and just whip out their mining tool instead of deploying their archwing/k-board and booking it to the objective marker. They'd even completely ignore everyone else as if they're just mindless drones. I've reported the leechers I've come across but I haven't gotten replies yet.

Leechers are inevitable in any game of this sort, the only action you can take against them is to either leave/fail the mission when you run into them, or the more ideal approach is to take screenshots of them preforming said leeching and report them to support through the zen desk. It's entirely possible DE is just backed up at the moment (though it's never taken more than a day for de to respond to my reports) but they will get to them at some point. Then you can only hope whatever action they've taken will convince the player in question to not do it again, so far as I'm aware they'll send a warning message to them in-game if its their first offense and hash out bans if the behavior persists. 

Edited by Cubewano
  • Like 1

People suggesting to just leave if there's a leecher 🙄

Y'all know how this game tend to allow late join? Sometimes one member gets disconnected when bounty is at 2/5 or 3/5, and then the game will add some other player. OFTEN TIMES that late joiner is the leecher. So, if we notice that this late joiner hasn't been moving since he joined and it's been minutes now and he's still at the gates or he's moving but seems to be just going around a particular area (probably mining) and not joining us on the bounty...we should just leave the bounty that we already completed half way because some uncultured tenno decided it's cool to cue up on a public bounty to do some fishing and mining?

HOW IS THIS OKAY?

People do public bounty to do public bounties, duh. If you're gonna fish/mine/skate with your k-drive, you set your matchmaking to solo. 

Fishing and mining should be disabled when there is an active bounty. K-drives shouldn't gain a standing when there is an active bounty. Players should be automatically moved to the waypoint after a certain amount of time. There are lots of things than can be done to discourage leeching.

Heck, I think if DE just allow us to block someone so that we'll never be in the same squad ever again, that'll be great. 

7 hours ago, AlexanderDMoon said:

as a matter of fact, no I don't. what's my secret? a wonderful thing called SOLO!

yes, leechers suck,and if I had my way I'd get their accounts banned for a week or more, but remember; if you PUG you can get literally ANYONE, including the worst of the worst. the only way to filter out the leechers is to use recruit chat or close the door completely and solo the bounties. it's not the solution people want, but it's the only one we've got.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AlexanderDMoon said:

No, because I make a team for bounties. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, --DSP--Jetstream said:

Do 1 bounty phase then leave squad, that lock their session from new player joining. Or you can take extra effort to set your connection so you can kick them. Since de never do anything about it you just gotta adapt.

How is it possible to kick them?

where there is rewards there is going to be lazy people who want others to do it for them its a inevitable thing they do how ever solely rely on the other peoples willingness to tolorate them if everyone just left well then he screwed and i dont know if its still a thing but if you get him killed and then everyone leaves if their still dead it will force a mission failure i remember that way back being a thing

besides that gather evidence and report them to support and idk a genuine suggestion i can give is if your in a clan or your freinds play the game ask them to help you or do bounties and chat with them it will be far more entertaining and makes things feel like their going by faster  

12 hours ago, AlexanderDMoon said:

The funny thing is most of them are toroid farming with mining thrown in.  If you que for a bounties through Eudico then it is leaching.  If your on freeroam it isn't 

11 hours ago, Starfreak911 said:

Admittedly this would hinder me quite a bit.  Often when I run the Profit Taker orb fight it takes a good 5-10 mins before anyone else joins.  If I'm unable to mine/fish while I wait then my efficiency goes down significantly and this would annoy me more than reporting the player once every month or so that I come across the leeches.  I also think the issue with leeches isn't as common as people make it seem but it would be good to get some proper stats on the matter rather than everyone's experience (since we remember positive correlations stronger).

I can see how if u que for a bountie and are alone the resources should remain until the first person joins the team.  Then they should disappear until the bountie is concluded.  

When you que for a bountie it is the bountie u should do.  Otherwise it is leeching.  If you volunteer to help someone move for pizza and beer, and then proceed to play gameboy the whole time do you still think u deserve the pizza and beer?  It is a game,  but commitment towards the team your with still apply.  If you dont want to commit to a bountie you signed for but still want to reap the benefits with no contributions then you are leaching.  It's not how much you contributed that really matters but the fact that you tried.

Marking the toroid on the map is not changing anything either.  You would be contributing something irrelevant to the bounty u signed up for

Edited by (PS4)Ashagin