Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

U10 General Feedback Thread - Greatly Displeased With Current U10

Kynian

So this is going to be a list of bugs/problems/rants about U10, why it is in the list, and possible suggestions to these problems (although not every item will have the latter)

1 - Information about how to get the new content is shady at best. I've ran quite a few missions now since launch and I've yet to find even one golem nav coordinate. Can any container drop the navs? Golem navs only drop on higher level plantes? Or maybe only on alerts? Or maybe they can come around as alert rewards?

2 - The Golem is the first major disappointment. It was stated several times that the new boss would be replacing (replace is a keyword here) the old golem in Jupiter. I can trouble myself to find a link or provide a video to that if necessary, as I'm almost positively sure I've seen that statement on livestreams more than once. Instead, there is yet another key system for the new content. There was already great backlash from the first original one, from the void, and now you decided to make yet another one. I can only think that was an extremely poor, bad, awful design choice (wich seems to be an accomplishment being repeated over itself on the game as of late).

Also, I'm almost positively sure as well that Steve said that the orokin derelicts would be on the starcharts, around the current planets. So there's that punch to our teeth as well, with the current implementation.

3 - I have not yet bought Nekros, and I'm glad I didnt, because the feedback on him is downright terrible. Specifically around "Desecrate". Now, I'm not saying the skill itself is total utter trash, but I (me, yo, myself, personal opinion) believe that it can be a fantastic skill with some adjustments to both the skill and the game - the biggest one being making the skill usable on bodies that vanish (fire, ice, acid, electric, Molecular Prime etc etc all make enemy bodies vanish, turning the skill useless). Desecrate costing 75 is a kick to the balls, plain and simple, even if the skill was fantastic and wielded mods everytime.

Also, even when used correctly, the chances of getting something worthwhile (a mod or a resource) are slim at best, making it doubly useless.

Furthermore, Nekros second skill's AoE fear and damage increase could be better, but is okay-ish.

Solution to this problem would be to move the fear to the third skill slot (the 75 one) and Desecrate to the second. Then, make desecrate either cost 25 or 50, but regardless of price, heavy adjustments to it must be made.

4 - Mag Prime. Where? When? How? There is no information whatsoever on her. I've done some of the new survival void missions and got no parts from her. Is she in the derelict orokin tiles, along with Nekros?

5 - After the huge time investment needed just to get to the Golem, there is no guarantee you will be rewarded. He may drop a part you need, he may drop a part you DON'T need, or, worst case scenario, he may drop nothing at all. This one is critical. Either make him more accessible, or make some kind of system that actually detects the hosts items and make him drop something he doesn't have. As in, if host already has helmet and chassis, then golem will drop systems.

Other than that, this is a genuine "canadian korean-grindfest", the very thing you guys kept bashing over and over that warframe would NOT become.

6 - Stamina needs some adjustments, but I believe this is the right way to go. It is now something significant that we must bear in mind to make our builds. However, this punishes slow frames more than rushers, and doesn't really kill rushers, only hurts them.

Meanwhile, the slowframes are now wearing cement shoes. I think the whole stamina rations for regen delay and regen ratio have been hit TOO hard overall.

I think this one needs adjustments per-frame, as the treatment given to Loki absolutely cannot be the same given to Rhino and vice-versa. Maybe make Rhino have a lot more stamina, but making it regen a lot slower, and Loki having very little stamina, but regenerating quickly. Just one thought, these can have many iterations.

7 - Derelict Key prices are ridiculous atm, even without considering those nav coords. I know DE has stated prices will be adjusted, but at the time of this writing, it hasn't. This, imho, should be a critical hotfix, but it is still yet to come.

8 - Scarves. At first I was against them but since they're in I went "oh, why the hell not?" And bought them. I must say, they do have some potential, but there are WAAAAY too much clipping for me to like them atm, especially with the frames I actually like to use (Rhino is my favorite). Also, the scarves don't exactly follow your color scheme, especially the second one (Uru Syandana).

Just fix the clipping on the frames. I'm afraid that'll require individual scarf animations for every different frame in all their 3 different poses. This should be a looot of animation work (wich was why I was against having scarves in the game in the first place - either do something awsome, or don't do it at all). Well, since you decided to put this into the game, then make it awsome please.

-------------------

I haven't played Warframe in a while, cause i was BORED. Over 1000 hours clocked in. There is no real difference in gameplay, enemies are dumb, no strategy required, high-grind and low-reward system. I'm hoping these get fixed asap, otherwise I'll take yet another break till the next update, as I've done with the last one.

If anyone wishes to add something to this thread, leave it on the comments below, and I'll edit this OP with relevant feedback.

Edited by Kynian

First and foremost, I love Warframe and thank you for making it, you guys rock. Secondly Nekros seems awesome...

perhaps the only good thing about the worst update ever? You need to do 20 different things to fight the new bad guy, and that doesn't even address that the Developers just ruined the game by making every basic function take stamina. Now a standard melee swing, even jumping (and I'm nervous eventually shooting... like, squeezing your trigger finger), depletes your stamina, and when it's out, a timer ticks down before it starts to recharge. The entire game just go tedious and frustrating.

Sure... the Tenno are the ultimate space ninja... but if you swing your sword more than 12 times your ultimate space ninja needs a rest now, because jumping is SO hard for a Tenno. Is this hyperbole, of course, I've played and it isn't THAT bad... but it is a bad that should not be at all.

Look Devs, if you are mad because a lot of players are now very high level, and very powerful, create a new class of very tough bad guys on special boards, or something of the like. Or if you realize that a whole series of helmets that decrease power efficiency to boost stamina was a terrible idea... just change the helmets, don't double down and kill the game! Making EVERYTHING we have ever done free and normally now COST a resource that previously had little significance.... all you did was make your game frustrating and cumbersome. Do you know how hard it will be for players to break the habit of sprinting and flipping... ya know... because it was fun??

We already don't have enough slots and mod points to equip what we want, even with potatoes and Forma.... do you really think people are going to unequip FLOW or their FOCUS in order to have a level 9 stamina MOD? Either they will.... because otherwise they can't use their melee weapon or jump... or we will all just stop playing the game... because what used to be fun (running along walls, flipping into a diving axe strike, then stabbing the dead Grineer a few times just because we can) we can't do anymore, because you made fun too costly.... HOTFIX!!!

Sigh...

Alright, guess I'll give my own two cents on the OP's opinions. 

1. I've had no problems finding coordinates. They seem to pop up in the new survival missions a lot. 

2. I never heard this. Until you provide proof, it's speculative.

3. I agree with you there. 75 is WAY too much for desecrate. I think it should be around 15, you're not getting much from corpses at it is. As it stands, it's a skill I would skip. 

4. Mag Prime's parts can be found in the void. That was already stated. It might be a while before we get percentage drop rates though. You jumped the gun on this one without doing much reading.

5. I agree with you on this point. The new Golem is not easy to get to and with the addition of RGN on the drops, it seems almost like it's too much of a pain for anyone without a clan running the Golem all the time to get what they want in any sort of a reasonable time frame. This is incredibly restrictive to people that don't have as much time or the access to clans that run Golem frequently. 

6. I agree with you once more. I like the stamina system as it is but it's very rough on people starting new frames. How do we fix this? Make it to where there is a flat base number for stamina rather that one that builds up as you level? It's also a kick in the nuts for Melee Loki players. 

7. I think that the Derelict keys should change EVENTUALLY but right now they're a good way for people burn through those excessive resources they've been hoarding. As it was, the game was giving us most resources generously and we had very little to spend them on if you weren't actively building on a dojo all day, every day.

8. That's purely your aesthetic preference but I can see how the non-matching colors can be very disheartening.

Sigh...

Alright, guess I'll give my own two cents on the OP's opinions. 

1. I've had no problems finding coordinates. They seem to pop up in the new survival missions a lot. 

2. I never heard this. Until you provide proof, it's speculative.

3. I agree with you there. 75 is WAY too much for desecrate. I think it should be around 15, you're not getting much from corpses at it is. As it stands, it's a skill I would skip. 

4. Mag Prime's parts can be found in the void. That was already stated. It might be a while before we get percentage drop rates though. You jumped the gun on this one without doing much reading.

5. I agree with you on this point. The new Golem is not easy to get to and with the addition of RGN on the drops, it seems almost like it's too much of a pain for anyone without a clan running the Golem all the time to get what they want in any sort of a reasonable time frame. This is incredibly restrictive to people that don't have as much time or the access to clans that run Golem frequently. 

6. I agree with you once more. I like the stamina system as it is but it's very rough on people starting new frames. How do we fix this? Make it to where there is a flat base number for stamina rather that one that builds up as you level? It's also a kick in the nuts for Melee Loki players. 

7. I think that the Derelict keys should change EVENTUALLY but right now they're a good way for people burn through those excessive resources they've been hoarding. As it was, the game was giving us most resources generously and we had very little to spend them on if you weren't actively building on a dojo all day, every day.

8. That's purely your aesthetic preference but I can see how the non-matching colors can be very disheartening.

1. you mean you got them from the containers right? cause i hear they dont drop from enemies...

2. watch the last 2 maybe 3 livestreams. its been said constantly.

3. Agreed

4. there are lots of different voids. what void are we talking about exactly? Mobile defense? Capture? Raid? (that was the point we was attempting)

5. Agreed

6. I agree with you both, but its far to severe. they need to come up with a way to balance it out cause rhino, mag(mag grew nuts just so they could get kicked by this lol), and frost just got they're nuts kicked clear across the room from this.

7. Agreed, but yet again a tad to steep. they coulda just provided us with more items to purchase the derelict thing is a cheap way to make us burn out cash at a alarmingly ridiculous rate. first it was to less now its too much. they need to find a medium.

8. eh.

all in all i agree with you both on most things but they moved a little to fast with it. have people feeling kinda violated.

Edited by S3ven0F13

Fair enough, I'll provide proof for n.2 tomorrow. The problem with getting the parts is not how easy/hard they are to obtain, but the lack of information about.

Mag prime can be found in the void. Great, I knew that, all primes are gotten there. But where? Frost Prime used to only be attainable on Raid and exterminates, as well as reaper prime and latron prime. But Paris Prime, Braton Prime, Bronco Prime, Orthos Prime and Fang Prime required completely different levels. There is not even a small chance of getting Frost Prime on the new Prime weapon levels, and vice-versa.

The only new "addition" to the void this time around was replacement of raid with survival. So where can I get Mag Prime? Shady information.

And about the scarves, one may or not like them indeed - that's aesthetic preference. What I was complaining though was about the clipping issues. Scarves are entering the warframe's back. If you like it or not is beside the point - that is a bug that must be fixed in order for the scarves to be enjoyable (regardless of if you're going to be using them or not). And that will require quite a bit of effort animation-wise, as I stated in the OP, since to fix it, individual animations for all 3 scarves must be done to all 3 different poses of all warframes. That is a LOT of custom animations per item. If it isnt done this way, clipping will continue, and itll continue to look terrible, entering warframe's backs and arms, and even the floor. Oh yes, and Nekros has an exclusive scarf that only he can use, so thats 3 extra sets of animations on that one just for him (if it's clipping as well. Don't have Nekros yet, so I'm not sure about his scarf)

Edited by Kynian

First and foremost, I love Warframe and thank you for making it, you guys rock. Secondly Nekros seems awesome...

perhaps the only good thing about the worst update ever? You need to do 20 different things to fight the new bad guy, and that doesn't even address that the Developers just ruined the game by making every basic function take stamina. Now a standard melee swing, even jumping (and I'm nervous eventually shooting... like, squeezing your trigger finger), depletes your stamina, and when it's out, a timer ticks down before it starts to recharge. The entire game just go tedious and frustrating.

melee already took stamina from you, you just regenerated to quickly.  Its more noticeable now because your stamina doesn't regenerate till a timer ticks over