Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nezha, or The Nerfed Rhino

KilgoreAM2

So I started playing Nezha, right before the imperion Collection came out. HE is quite a frame, and when he was buffed, the game was changed completely. What I didn't realize is that it seems Nezha had been stepping on Rhino's toes, and that is something we can't (?) allow. It is unfortunate, but there is now a reduction to how much Nezha's shields can fight off. It's great to have a way to proc out a dmg Boost, when you throw your Blazing chakram . It is great to be able to shrug off status effects. But just why does Rhino get an impervious shield, and Nezha gets a hole in His?

Taking Nezha into high level missions, like sorties, is decidedly difficult. it is supposed to be. that is the game.

but when you are fighting A Corpus Tech weilding a Supra, it doesnt matter if you have a shield or not. He will tear right through you. Even if you stack 14k onto your shield! I am not asking for Nezha to be unbeatable, but It was nice when you didnt have to constantly hide and heal, while you have a gigashield on. If I have to resort to using a truly basic frame like Rhino for endgame missions, whet is the point of even having Nezha?

Nezha has his mobility and crowd control for a reason. If you try to mitigate all the damage just with his halo, then you're not using his kit to the full extent. And the halo was changed because it was too similar to Rhino's iron skin.

If you have problems with taking damage, try using Health Conversion. Nezha can cause enemies to drop health orbs like it's candy, so you should have no problem with keeping armor buff on you. Reaping Chakram also goes well with it.

Actually you are completely right.   Nezha was a very impressive 'agility tank' that led me to very bad habits (like chatting in combat) that later would get every other fram i owned killed.  he was clan tech and not easy to get or make. he was the speedster tank. and a tribute to the chinese character he is based upon who warred with dragons and defied the very gods..   however...

Anyone can tell you that the difference between 100% and 99% is a gap you can fit a universe in .(Carl Sagan reference for those in the cheap seats)

Again we are back to user retention. Making ppl work for something and then cutting the legs out from under them is not making you friends (or customers willing to put money in your endeavor).

I see so much brilliance in this game and this universe,  but the administrative side of DE has lead to you being  an internet legend in many aspects of customer satisfaction and customer service... .and in the completely horrible way .. I am sure you know this already since there are videos of your administrators mocking customer feedback on the internet.  My loves you have something brilliant here... if you will just quit trying to chase ppl away..  I would like to remind you that the bulk of your income is not from 14yr olds with 18hrs a day to grind some ridiculous thing... it is from 25-50 yrs olds with jobs and actual lives.   and continually setting back the casual player is costing you money. 

If you have 18 hrs a day to watch nitain alerts , or dont mind that vauban will take a person with a job 3 years to build, then good for you- but that is not most of us.  Nezha was not overpowered. hell he want even on-par with most of what you are creating these days.  so this over all 'rework' is really doing nothing but making ppl leave your game for something written by EA

My opinions

Nyx

13 minutes ago, .-Nyx-. said:

Actually you are completely right.   Nezha was a very impressive 'agility tank' that led me to very bad habits (like chatting in combat) that later would get every other fram i owned killed.  he was clan tech and not easy to get or make. he was the speedster tank. and a tribute to the chinese character he is based upon who warred with dragons and defied the very gods..   however...

Anyone can tell you that the difference between 100% and 99% is a gap you can fit a universe in .(Carl Sagan reference for those in the cheap seats)

Again we are back to user retention. Making ppl work for something and then cutting the legs out from under them is not making you friends (or customers willing to put money in your endeavor).

I see so much brilliance in this game and this universe,  but the administrative side of DE has lead to you being  an internet legend in many aspects of customer satisfaction and customer service... .and in the completely horrible way .. I am sure you know this already since there are videos of your administrators mocking customer feedback on the internet.  My loves you have something brilliant here... if you will just quit trying to chase ppl away..  I would like to remind you that the bulk of your income is not from 14yr olds with 18hrs a day to grind some ridiculous thing... it is from 25-50 yrs olds with jobs and actual lives.   and continually setting back the casual player is costing you money. 

If you have 18 hrs a day to watch nitain alerts , or dont mind that vauban will take a person with a job 3 years to build, then good for you- but that is not most of us.  Nezha was not overpowered. hell he want even on-par with most of what you are creating these days.  so this over all 'rework' is really doing nothing but making ppl leave your game for something written by EA

My opinions

Nyx

You do know that nezha now is by far a better frame, he can make use of some arcanes now, his one doesnt stop you from getting energy, his chakram can boost your dmg, while ccing and his 4 is just better then what it used to be. His now even tankier then chroma.

Edited by BlachWolf
  • Like 6

1st and foremost: 90% DR is a lot, nezha gets that, plus the DR from armor and stuff like adaptation, and the fact that we can spawn tons of health orbs +life strike/healing return

2nd, whenever halo wears off it stuns nearby enemies and gives u a short period of invincibility that lets u recast halo without issue

3rd, divine spears, u have that, use it

4th, pre rework nezha was literally "rhino, but without the good augments, and slidy-er", the survivability of pre-rework nezha was very bad compared to other tank frames

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, .-Nyx-. said:

Again we are back to user retention. Making ppl work for something and then cutting the legs out from under them is not making you friends

literally what are you talking about, not only has nezha(and most clan research content) been rather easy to get for the overwhelming majority of clans, nezha was considerably worse pre-rework

7 minutes ago, .-Nyx-. said:

chroma is a one trick pony that no one plays unless hunting eidolons...

okay and? the person only mentioned his tankyness

Edited by TKDancer
  • Like 6

22 minutes ago, .-Nyx-. said:

True and I'm one if those guys who uses him a lot. I can supply my team with a 1009% armor buff and 793% dmg in a 30m radius for over 2h, while also being able to heal them. Or I could go with my umbral build with a 1288% armor buff and 1013% dmg buff. And I can do that with only zenurik. Chroma needs a rework because he's boring and not because his bad. Chroma is effective at what he does, though that doesnt mean his whole kit is in a good places. But one thing is true, nezhas is by far a better frame then him in most cases.

Edited by BlachWolf

7 minutes ago, BlachWolf said:

True and im one if those guys who uses him a lot. I can supply my team with a 1009% armor buff and 793% dmg in a 30m radius for over 2h, while also being able to heal them. Or I could go with my umbral build with a 1288% armor buff and 1013% dmg buff. And I can do that with only zenurik. Chroma needs a rework because he's boring and not because his bad.

May i have your umbral build by chance? I can only max at around 1100% armor and 900% damage

2 hours ago, KilgoreAM2 said:

So I started playing Nezha, right before the imperion Collection came out. HE is quite a frame, and when he was buffed, the game was changed completely. What I didn't realize is that it seems Nezha had been stepping on Rhino's toes, and that is something we can't (?) allow. It is unfortunate, but there is now a reduction to how much Nezha's shields can fight off. It's great to have a way to proc out a dmg Boost, when you throw your Blazing chakram . It is great to be able to shrug off status effects. But just why does Rhino get an impervious shield, and Nezha gets a hole in His?

Taking Nezha into high level missions, like sorties, is decidedly difficult. it is supposed to be. that is the game.

but when you are fighting A Corpus Tech weilding a Supra, it doesnt matter if you have a shield or not. He will tear right through you. Even if you stack 14k onto your shield! I am not asking for Nezha to be unbeatable, but It was nice when you didnt have to constantly hide and heal, while you have a gigashield on. If I have to resort to using a truly basic frame like Rhino for endgame missions, whet is the point of even having Nezha?

While I don't think it's that  productive to compare him with Rhino, Nezha can  use Chakram to top off his health, and gets an invuln grace period when Halo goes down.

It sounds as if maybe you're not using Chakram as much as you could.  While most players ignored it before his rework, he's really built around using it constantly now, for both the damage boost and the health and energy orbs.

I loved pre-rework Nezha too, but even so I think he's 10x the frame he was.  It might just take some adjustments to your playstyle and build.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, .-Nyx-. said:

You mean anyone uncreative and unable to build their frames properly.

Dude he wreck arbitrations and T4 voids. Build him right and his 4 lasts a long time and can wreck lvl 100s+ entirely on its own.

As for nezha, quite frankly he is far better than rhino. Rhino is horribly one dimensional and boring by comparison.

I understand that you can use His other abilities to augment the reduction to his shield. I also like that you have a grace period of invulnerability both before and somewhat after your shields give, but the bone I have is that even when coupled with adaptation, you have a real gap in his shield, that you have to suffer through in high level play. 

You have good cc, but it is not great. I have fired my four in a crowd, and I only spear half of them, even though I am surounded by five guys. Rhino's stomp has more cc, but he doesn't stack well enough to drag into heavyweight play, unlessentially you want to fight a slog, long slow protracted, "stay here and beat you head against a wall" kind of fighting.

Nezha could and should be able to hang with chroma in the dmg department, without relying on teammates buffs.

His other abilities can be great, and they do cover a lot of the gap left by the hole in his shield, but when there are tanks that have whole shields, and fill in great for new and middle road players, we should be able to have a frame that can tank while still being mobil.

1 hour ago, KilgoreAM2 said:

I understand that you can use His other abilities to augment the reduction to his shield. I also like that you have a grace period of invulnerability both before and somewhat after your shields give, but the bone I have is that even when coupled with adaptation, you have a real gap in his shield, that you have to suffer through in high level play. 

You have good cc, but it is not great. I have fired my four in a crowd, and I only spear half of them, even though I am surounded by five guys. Rhino's stomp has more cc, but he doesn't stack well enough to drag into heavyweight play, unlessentially you want to fight a slog, long slow protracted, "stay here and beat you head against a wall" kind of fighting.

Nezha could and should be able to hang with chroma in the dmg department, without relying on teammates buffs.

His other abilities can be great, and they do cover a lot of the gap left by the hole in his shield, but when there are tanks that have whole shields, and fill in great for new and middle road players, we should be able to have a frame that can tank while still being mobil.

What's your build?  Nezha really should have little trouble tanking sortie-level stuff.  Even without arcanes and rare mods. 

He is my go-to tank frame.  And I'm pretty bad. 😛

• Like 1

I run the umbra mods, along with adaptation  and efficency. I'm on Mobil rn, so I don't recall exactly what I have stacked but I am well off enough that low level isn't a problem. The real problem is high level corpus; their weapons almost duck around the shield to destroy you. My build is strong, and my guns are strong, but there comes a point where nezha just doesn't pass go. And I am not trying  to say I am in any way an amazing player.

Edited by KilgoreAM2

5 hours ago, Genitive said:

And the halo was changed because it was too similar to Rhino's iron skin.

This is the thing though. It is not similar, it was better. You could stack a higher count, you got invulnerability in and out of it, and it is a quick cast. Why can't we have nice things?