Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can someone explain inaros abilites

(PSN)pieisgood795

Question

Hey all this frame is proving hard for me to learn i checked the wiki but still dont get a few things... what does devor do i have them in that pit it seems to give me health but i can do it more than once? How do i use his sandstorm ability unless im on TOP of enemies (it makes you almost immobile) and last his sand scarab armor is weird (on ps4) it needs to be charged by holding the right bumper (rather than a slide on the touchpad) is this ability just for him to jack up his armor and survive longer? I guess i can fire the armor at a target too but again its weird with ps4 touchpad... (i had no idea i could charge abilities) 😞 thanks all sorry if you cringe as a inaros user

2 minutes ago, ChaosSabre said:

See that's the problem. You are trying to use abilities as inaros instead of him being just a meat bag with all hp mods to soak up damage and never die.

Oh should i not put any mods for abilities and mod for only survival? Are his powers actually useless (the sand throwing one is fun) or am i just dumb?

Let's start with the last one first. 

Yeah you have to charge it (at the cost of your health) by holding. Once it's on, you can at any time swipe to shed some of it to swarm on groups of enemies, which rapidly replenishes your health and does the same for any nearby teammates. It is nice to drop it on enemies in choke points so as their reinforcements try to squeeze past, everyone is covered in the swarm. Infested are particularly bad at staying far enough away to stop it from spreading. 

Your first ability can blind enemies (opening them up for easy finishers) in an arc in front of you and also gives you a bit of health for each of them. 

Devour is nice if you need quick healing, just pick a strong unit, so you can top up your health without it dying too quickly, and if it dies while you're still feeding on them you should get a sandman version of your enemy that will help you for a while before turning into dust in the wind. 

The whirlwind thing is pretty niche. It's good for a momentary burst of crowd control, but I tend to find that shedding some of my scarabs is more useful if they're dumb enough to cluster together so it can spread. 

If you die while surrounded by enemies.... Feed on them, replenish yourself, and then eliminate every last one of the fools like the undying desert god that you are. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Let's start with the last one first. 

Yeah you have to charge it (at the cost of your health) by holding. Once it's on, you can at any time swipe to shed some of it to swarm on groups of enemies, which rapidly replenishes your health and does the same for any nearby teammates. It is nice to drop it on enemies in choke points so as their reinforcements try to squeeze past, everyone is covered in the swarm. Infested are particularly bad at staying far enough away to stop it from spreading. 

Your first ability can blind enemies (opening them up for easy finishers) in an arc in front of you and also gives you a bit of health for each of them. 

Devour is nice if you need quick healing, just pick a strong unit, so you can top up your health without it dying too quickly, and if it dies while you're still feeding on them you should get a sandman version of your enemy that will help you for a while before turning into dust in the wind. 

The whirlwind thing is pretty niche. It's good for a momentary burst of crowd control, but I tend to find that shedding some of my scarabs is more useful if they're dumb enough to cluster together so it can spread. 

If you die while surrounded by enemies.... Feed on them, replenish yourself, and then eliminate every last one of the fools like the undying desert god that you are. 

Thanks alot thats super helpful should i mod any ability mods or just all survival mods? 

4 minutes ago, (PS4)pieisgood795 said:

Thanks alot thats super helpful should i mod any ability mods or just all survival mods? 

Depends on how you play. If you just want an insane health tank, then just armour and health, with maybe a flow to keep your energy up. 

If you prefer doing a bit more work with your abilities but don't mind having to heal a bit more, range might be useful. 

The wiki gives a nice breakdown of what is possible: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Inaros

20 minutes ago, (PS4)pieisgood795 said:

i like to play him built mostly for survival with a little bit of a range buff for his 1, also his negation swarm augment is fantastic.

Devour is kind of useless. Yeah it gives good HP regen but Inaros already has that in spades without using Devour. IMO itis only truly useful as a "stasis" ability. You take yourself out of the fight completely. You cannot fight back at all but you can't be damaged at all either, meaning you can regen without any risk of death no matter how much firepower is hitting you.

The sand shadow is stupid in pretty much every aspect. It's duration is based on the devour time, with 0 enhancement (like 1.5x devour time, or affected by power str or dur) outside of a minimum duration of 15s. Meaning if you want ONE sand shadow for 20s you have to devour for twenty. seconds. At the absolute #*!%ing least it should be devour time+15s.

On top of that bullS#&$ it's driven by AI which is terrible at having value. Chances are you devour for 20 seconds and then the shadow will spend 15 seconds to walk over to a short wall and hide behind it for 5.

Edited by AXCrusnik

8 minutes ago, [DE]Drew said:

Abilities:

1. Sandy health: gives you health and makes it easy to stab for health 
  2. Slurpy health: gives you health
  3. Spinny health: gives you health if you slurp enemies first
  4. Swarmy health: gives you health when you swarm enemies

Mod for health 🙂

can we make slurpy shadow not useless though? The shadows themselves are pretty weak so having them actually live long enough to do... IDK... something would be nice. And no, devouring one enemy for close to a minute, or even longer is not how you make it more valuable. That's how you spend a minute doing nothing, and get almost nothing in return.

Sand shadows duration should be moddable by duration IMO. so for example 200% duration might make it so 15 seconds of devour = 30 seconds of sand shadow.

I dreamt of creating sand shadow armies in the days leading up to Inaros, even if enemies do terrible damage against themselves.. but the mechanics behind summoning them make it so most players completely ignore that half of the ability.

Edited by AXCrusnik
  • Like 1

ur not building for the shadows 

the first power open to finishers, finishers regain 20% of ur maxed health

the second power can be held to drag an enemy to u (ur team mates can devour them as well if no one is currently)

the third power has damage reduction

the last power gives armor when its on and casting on a mob will spread to near by mobs and heals for stupid amounts, and will heal team mates, 

also if u can get the augment for scarab armor, i would do that 

disregard people who say Inaros is simple, or that you should disregard his abilities in favor of just being a walking health bar. there's a lot of fun stuff you can do with him, but he's deceptively complex, to achieve it.

Passive 1: Sarcophagus. when you die, you won't, you'll instead enter a sarcophagus which lets you A. suck the health from allies and enemies nearby to revive yourself, and B. suck enemies towards you, using the mouse. The damage of the Sarcophagus Drain doesn't scale well, sadly, and it requires two kills to result in a revive... so building for it isn't the best idea. However, to Inaros players and anyone else reading this, if 2 enemies near an Inaros coffin die, the Inaros will absorb that health and be instantly revived; keep that in mind when you walk over and hold x instead of just nuking the area full of enemies.

Passive 2, the hidden and actually good one: when a melee finisher kiills an enemy, Inaros will heal for 25% of his entire health pool. 4 finishers, one EZPZ full heal. this plays very well into his 1.

1, Dessicate: Pocket Sand. any enemies in front of you will now take damage over time, and you will gain portions of that damage back as health. if the enemy was facing you when you cast the ability, the sand will get into their eyes, blinding them and making thems stand still like idiots for a while. while blinded like that, the enemy is vulnerable to a Melee finisher, an incredibly powerful attack that is generally likely to kill them outright. this plays into his passive.

2. Devour. has 2 modes, one tapped on an enemy, one held. tapping an enemy slathers them in sand, making them freak out for a while and letting both you and allies come over to nomnomnom them for health, by holding x. when holding the ability, it does the same thing, but drags them to you and automatically starts the nomnomnom. while nom-ing, you are invulnerable to damage, and if an enemy is eaten to death by this ability, it will become a Sand Shadow; these dudes are memes at best, don't go out of your way to get them unless you really think they're fun.

3. Darude Sandstorm. become spinny boi, deal damage in a radius, and pick enemies up to chuck em at walls. fun, has some good builds with the augment, but this ability is mostly as memey as it's namesake. synergies: if any enemy(s) are slathered in sand from Devour, Sandstorm will treat that enemy as if you are eating it with Devour, with all associated  healing and Sand Shadow creation benefits, except for the invulnerability.

4. Scarab Swarm, another dual mode ability; hold it down to turn some of your own health into a buff called Scarab Armor. this buff gives 100 additive armor, applied after mods, and tbh that part doesn't matter; what matters is the second mode, tapping the button on a group of enemies, you will spend 25 points of your Scarab armor and expel Scarab Sand in a cone in front of you. Every enemy in that cone will be slathered in sand, much like Devour, but with several special added functions; firstly, they will take tons more damage from that sand, and all that damage will be turned into healing, spewed outwards to all allies in a radius around the enemy. The heal rate from a proper healing pit can be insanely high, often healing you faster than you can sacrifice more health into Scarab Swarm. and yes, Scarab Sand will do all the same Sand Shadow/Devour things as normal Devour sand if you hit it with Sandstorm.

generally speaking, you want to be healing for little bits at all times while generally just playing like normal. Use Rage/Hunter Adrenaline and spam his 1, get that trickle heal going from everything in sight. Keep Scarab Armor charged, and if an ally/pet/etc/you need some heals, spend some to make a healing pit; this part can be hard if teammates are killing everything, but at that point it's their loss if they get no heals. lastly, if you need healing somehow, melee finishers are the fastest option, but holding down devour and just waiting it out is the safest. His 3 is mostly memes, very optional; use if you really want to, but be aware it's an energy hog.

build for Range, duration, and tons of health, dump strength if you need to but it can be fun to keep it. use Rage, just do it. bring a good melee, especially one with a large range, cuz you want to be able to keep distance so you can do finishers only when you actually want to. if you're at low level, use Synth Deconstruct on your sentinel, the lower level enemies don't have enough health to heal you.

finally, Enjoy Based Sandpai!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, [DE]Drew said:

Abilities:

Mod for health 🙂

Inaros: I am selfish and I only care for my own survival. I have nothing to offer in team play. lol

So, you're all saying sand shadows are useless, and I've been farming Arbiters' standing for Dessication's Curse for a few days now 🙄

It seemed like a good idea to me: blind a bunch of enemies, spawn a small squad of shadows and restore health as an added bonus. Anyone tried to play like that? And what do you think of other augments (seemed pretty boring to me)?

On 2019-02-04 at 11:44 PM, Septi said:

So, you're all saying sand shadows are useless, and I've been farming Arbiters' standing for Dessication's Curse for a few days now 🙄

It seemed like a good idea to me: blind a bunch of enemies, spawn a small squad of shadows and restore health as an added bonus. Anyone tried to play like that? And what do you think of other augments (seemed pretty boring to me)?

Sorry but yeah they are pretty useless, enemies do S#&$ damage to themselves and the duration is disappointing to say the least.. If they actually had a decent duration they could at the very least act as sandy meat shields and take aggro from a couple enemies or something...

Also the Augment summons them with the minimum possible duration, 15s seconds. So yeah like I said earlier, they're probably going to try to take cover for most of those 15 seconds, and by the time they acquire a target to shoot at they'll be disappearing.

On 2019-02-04 at 1:26 PM, OmegaVitae said:

don't go out of your way to get them unless you really think they're fun.

Even if you think they're fun, it's not worth the time since they'll disappear before they do anything due to poor AI. Unless you spend a stupid amount of time devouring due to their duration mechanics.

Edited by AXCrusnik

On ‎2019‎-‎02‎-‎04 at 7:53 PM, (PS4)pieisgood795 said:

Hey all this frame is proving hard for me to learn i checked the wiki but still dont get a few things... what does devor do i have them in that pit it seems to give me health but i can do it more than once? How do i use his sandstorm ability unless im on TOP of enemies (it makes you almost immobile) and last his sand scarab armor is weird (on ps4) it needs to be charged by holding the right bumper (rather than a slide on the touchpad) is this ability just for him to jack up his armor and survive longer? I guess i can fire the armor at a target too but again its weird with ps4 touchpad... (i had no idea i could charge abilities) 😞 thanks all sorry if you cringe as a inaros user

Do not cast abilities with touchpad. You can use all warframes' abilities by holding R1 and pressing/holding the "X" button for 1st ability, "square" button for 2nd ability, "O" for 3rd ability and "triangle" for 4th ability.

So hold R1+"triangle" to charge Scarab armour, then hold R1+press "triangle" when aiming at enemies to send scarabs at them, hold R1+"square" for Devour - you will suck the targeted enemy towrds you and keep healing while invincible until enemy loses all HP and is turned into sand minion, hold R1 and press "X" for Desiccation, hold R1 and press "O" for Sandstorm which is by the way most useless Inaros's ability.

Using abilities with touchpad will only make you want to kill yourself. Just don't do it.

Edited by (PS4)Black_Adder_
typo

On 2019-02-07 at 3:58 AM, (PS4)Black_Adder_ said:

Do not cast abilities with touchpad. You can use all warframes' abilities by holding L1 and pressing/holding the "X" button for 1st ability, "square" button for 2nd ability, "O" for 3rd ability and "triangle" for 4th ability.

So hold L1+"triangle" to charge Scarab armour, then hold L1+press "triangle" when aiming at enemies to send scarabs at them, hold L1+"square" for Devour - you will suck the targeted enemy towrds you and keep healing while invincible until enemy loses all HP and is turned into sand minion, hold L1 and press "X" for Desiccation, hold L1 and press "O" for Sandstorm which is by the way most useless Inaros's ability.

Using abilities with touchpad will only make you want to kill yourself. Just don't do it.

Thats so funny i had no idea i wish the game kinda had that written somewhere... thanks ALL for the valuable info i have learned alot 🙂

On 2019-02-04 at 8:02 PM, ChaosSabre said:

See that's the problem. You are trying to use abilities as inaros instead of him being just a meat bag with all hp mods to soak up damage and never die.

LoL... this is exactly what I went through. Inaros's greatest strength is his Very Large Pool... and that's it... he's not a good CC, Support, stealth or anything.... his abilities are literally below average... 

LoL... I fail any thing with a count down timer just because it takes WAAAAAAAAAY too long to kill anything with Inaros.... he makes a great party piece in the display case in the personal quarters but thats it... Rhino is the way to go if you want take Damage aswell as dish out right back...

On 2019-02-04 at 7:22 PM, [DE]Drew said:

Abilities:

Mod for health 🙂

TLDR; All his abilities give him health

On 2019-02-04 at 11:27 AM, AXCrusnik said:

can we make slurpy shadow not useless though? The shadows themselves are pretty weak so having them actually live long enough to do... IDK... something would be nice. And no, devouring one enemy for close to a minute, or even longer is not how you make it more valuable. That's how you spend a minute doing nothing, and get almost nothing in return.

Sand shadows duration should be moddable by duration IMO. so for example 200% duration might make it so 15 seconds of devour = 30 seconds of sand shadow.

I dreamt of creating sand shadow armies in the days leading up to Inaros, even if enemies do terrible damage against themselves.. but the mechanics behind summoning them make it so most players completely ignore that half of the ability.

This is why I prefer my slurpy shadows to be utility units, like Ancient Healers, Nullifiers, or Shield Drones.  The last is useless to Inaros, but it can be nice for your teammates.