(PS4)StationOfDead

Let's talk about HUD

hace 1 hora, TheRealShade dijo:

No, for the love of Hunhow no, your proposed idea is HORRIBLE and would in no way work in our game. I always hated a hud that is attached to my character, or one that moves around and shakes, especially don't want it to disappear in a game like this.

Your idea is bad, you should stop trying to argue for it.

You're basically saying that you do not want that concept because you hate it but you do not specify why so your opinion is irrelevant until you say something coherent

• Like 1

I still can not believe that some disagree with the concept of HUD I have shown but I already came up with a solution

I will add a new option in the section of 

En 4/2/2019 a las 14:36, (PS4)StationOfDead dijo:

Additions:

that consists of the players being able to choose between different HUD concepts like the current one, the one I am suggesting, etc. which in turn would add more variety to the game and solve the problem I mentioned earlier

19 minutes ago, (PS4)StationOfDead said:

You're basically saying that you do not want that concept because you hate it but you do not specify why so your opinion is irrelevant until you say something coherent

Because everyone else already explained why it won't work, I believe there isn't much point in repeating it now is it? Even if it was optional, not enough players would use such a horrendous HUD to make it worth DE's time to add it in.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)StationOfDead said:

The statistics of the allies will be there but the difference is that these statistics will be attached to the allies in the form of holograms (even if they are far away) and not to the screen

Example: https://imgur.com/DDRDBuQ

So now I have to be spinning around and searching for my allies to figure out if they need to be healed or have their energy restored instead of just looking into the upper right hand corner of the screen?
How is that not objectively worse than what we have now?

And again: how would I accurately read another players health or energy values when they are flying around the rooms using parkour to move quickly?  Unlike the division where people move fairly slow its a lot harder to keep track of another tenno.

In order to gauge someones health or shields I would need to ask them to hold still for a second...and good luck doing that in the middle of a fire fight.

This would make it objectively harder to tell your squads status compared to the current HUD, which is a problem for support frames; especially ones that apply various buffs to allies.

I will repeat...
The holographic parts attached with the players will hide if the player moves abruptly but will reappear or stay there if the player has some interaction or if the player does not move abruptly so what is the problem? and please do not come with that excuse that the HUD is hard to see because if it is easily distinguished

Try not making any abrupt movement while also moving your camera behind your character to the point they would see the HUD you want in the middle of a high level firefight, such as max alert fortuna in the temple of profit, without also taking serious damage from enemies and dieing.

That's the problem: Players in this game are always making abrupt movements, especially in firefights where telling your stats is the most urgent.

Your HUD idea would make the HUD simply not visible at all during combat...which means no way to tell if you're about to die or your energy is about to run out.  That simply is a bad HUD right there where it can't tell you critical things when you need to see them.

Squad: those parts will be attached to the allies in the form of holographic bars

Please tell me: How could I quickly, as in under a second, tell an allies buffs or debuffs or health/shields/energy at a glance regardless of where they are in the room with your idea?
Say they are flipping and flying around the room at high speeds, how am I supposed to get them to stay still long enough to decipher the buff icons and their health/energy values?  Especially since I need to focus on the enemies in front of me, but now I have to play "Spin the camera around in circles trying to find their status bars!"

• Upvote 1

vor 2 Stunden schrieb (PS4)StationOfDead:

I also do not like the idea that some parts of the HUD are temporarily hidden but if necessary you have to do it and also all those points that you mentioned are going to be there in the HUD that I am suggesting:

• Map: that part will be in the upper left corner
  • Objectives: it will also be there
  • Chat: it will also be there but with the option to deactivate and activate
  • FPS: it will also be there
  • Crosshair: it will also be there
  • Buff and debuff: those parts will be attached with the player in the form of holograms
  • Health bar and shields: those parts will be attached to the player in the form of holograms
  • Squad: those parts will be attached to the allies in the form of holographic bars
  • Ammunition: those parts will be attached with the player in the form of holograms
  • Energy and skills: those parts will be attached to the player in the form of holograms

Good luck trying to keep an eye on the stats while having a fast movement.

https://www.twitch.tv/agonoizeop/clip/CulturedPunchyPastaSuperVinlin
https://www.twitch.tv/agonoizeop/clip/SourTalentedCheddarKappaWealth

I look in one of the corners and I always know that I will see the stats there, I know which stats will be there and the stats will always be there, no matter if i´m solo/team/deff/exterminate etc.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, (PS4)StationOfDead said:
On 2019-02-05 at 8:07 AM, Tsukinoki said:

The statistics of the allies will be there but the difference is that these statistics will be attached to the allies in the form of holograms (even if they are far away) and not to the screen 

That's an even worse idea than it only being attached to you. It would be damn near impossible for you to keep track og anyone let alone yourself considering we are ALWAYS moving. How am I supposed to see if my allies are ok when they're flying halfway across the room in midair, or when they're still within affinity range considering  how often your not even in the same room as other players. Attaching any part of the HUD to our extremely hyper-mobile characters will end in nothing but frustration for everybody .

• Upvote 2

Omg ... I can not believe that they are even complaining about the solution that I mentioned a while ago

The only thing I see are complaints and more nonsensical complaints and no suggestions and then they wonder why there is no new content in the game

En 6/2/2019 a las 8:08, Tsukinoki dijo:

So now I have to be spinning around and searching for my allies to figure out if they need to be healed or have their energy restored instead of just looking into the upper right hand corner of the screen?
How is that not objectively worse than what we have now?

And again: how would I accurately read another players health or energy values when they are flying around the rooms using parkour to move quickly?  Unlike the division where people move fairly slow its a lot harder to keep track of another tenno.

In order to gauge someones health or shields I would need to ask them to hold still for a second...and good luck doing that in the middle of a fire fight.

This would make it objectively harder to tell your squads status compared to the current HUD, which is a problem for support frames; especially ones that apply various buffs to allies.

Please tell me: How could I quickly, as in under a second, tell an allies buffs or debuffs or health/shields/energy at a glance regardless of where they are in the room with your idea?
Say they are flipping and flying around the room at high speeds, how am I supposed to get them to stay still long enough to decipher the buff icons and their health/energy values?  Especially since I need to focus on the enemies in front of me, but now I have to play "Spin the camera around in circles trying to find their status bars!"

hace 21 horas, Atsia dijo:

That's an even worse idea than it only being attached to you. It would be damn near impossible for you to keep track og anyone let alone yourself considering we are ALWAYS moving. How am I supposed to see if my allies are ok when they're flying halfway across the room in midair, or when they're still within affinity range considering  how often your not even in the same room as other players.

You're running out of excuses...

Now you are speaking as if the other players could not take care of themselves and that you need to see their statistics all times to know if you have to help them or not and knowing that you have to help them even if you do not see their statistics or if their statistics are intact and you lie to yourself thinking that other players can not sit still for a few seconds so if you care so much about your teammates do not get away from them but if that does not convince you then enable the statistics of the other players on your screen as in the second image that I showed (https://imgur.com/ZicV3HA) or did you forget that I said that the HUD would be totally customizable?

En 6/2/2019 a las 9:11, Dark_Lugia dijo:

Good luck trying to keep an eye on the stats while having a fast movement.

https://www.twitch.tv/agonoizeop/clip/CulturedPunchyPastaSuperVinlin
https://www.twitch.tv/agonoizeop/clip/SourTalentedCheddarKappaWealth

I look in one of the corners and I always know that I will see the stats there, I know which stats will be there and the stats will always be there, no matter if i´m solo/team/deff/exterminate etc.

Try not making any abrupt movement while also moving your camera behind your character to the point they would see the HUD you want in the middle of a high level firefight, such as max alert fortuna in the temple of profit, without also taking serious damage from enemies and dieing.

That's the problem: Players in this game are always making abrupt movements, especially in firefights where telling your stats is the most urgent.

Your HUD idea would make the HUD simply not visible at all during combat...which means no way to tell if you're about to die or your energy is about to run out.  That simply is a bad HUD right there where it can't tell you critical things when you need to see them.

hace 21 horas, Atsia dijo:

Attaching any part of the HUD to our extremely hyper-mobile characters will end in nothing but frustration for everybody .

So you're basically telling me you can not cover yourself or stop moving fast for a few seconds to see the HUD? seriously? What kind of cheap excuse is that? and also:

1. It is obvious that your health will go down if you are being attacked directly
  2. It is obvious that your energy will go down if you are constantly using skills
  3. It is obvious that your ammunition will go down if you are firing
  4. It is obvious that the buff and debuffs will be visible because those holograms (attached to the players) will not be hidden until the end of the effect
  5. It is obvious that the front sight will be visible because that will not hide

Do you want me to stop? or continue to destroy your excuses?

En 6/2/2019 a las 6:53, TheRealShade dijo:

Because everyone else already explained why it won't work, I believe there isn't much point in repeating it now is it? Even if it was optional, not enough players would use such a horrendous HUD to make it worth DE's time to add it in.

The only reason why they are complaining is because the HUD is hard to see according to them but we all know that it is not true they are just taking things out of proportion so that it seems a problem and also my comment was directed towards you and not to others so I'll wait for your justified opinion and if you think that HUD is horrendous then you have no sense of aesthetics...

vor 7 Minuten schrieb (PS4)StationOfDead:

So you're basically telling me you can not cover yourself or stop moving fast for a few seconds to see the HUD? seriously? What kind of cheap excuse is that? and also:

1. It is obvious that your health will go down if you are being attacked directly
  2. It is obvious that your energy will go down if you are constantly using skills
  4. It is obvious that the buff and debuffs will be visible because those holograms (attached to the players) will not be hidden until the end of the effect
  5. It is obvious that the front sight will be visible because that will not hide

Why should i want a hud which forces me to stop playing fast???? that´s the most stupid sentence in the whole discussion here XD

1. I want to know how much hp ist lefft, not every enemie does the same amount of dmg
2. I want to know how many abilities i can spam since i dont know if trin/harrow used their ability or someone has used energy pad or maybe leecher have it reduced
3. I want to know how many shots i can fire especially on the lenz, supra vandal, grakata or any other smg if i stay for a longer duration
4. I still dont want to seach for any debuffs/buff somewhere on the screen. I want them in one spot, and that all the time
5. see point 4

You are making more problems to something which isn´t a problem XD
I still don´t know why your system would be better... as i don´t see any advantages

• Applause 1

51 minutes ago, (PS4)StationOfDead said:

As was said, why should be I forced to stop moving to keep track of my own stats? You're arguing that a HUD that would forces to interfere with your movement and gameplay to know what you HP/energy/ammo is would be an upgrade over the current HUD where you know everything about you AND you team with no need to stop?

1. I want to be be able to see exactly what my HP is at any given moment.

2. I want to be be able to see exactly what my energy is at any given moment.

3. I want to be able to see exactly how much ammo I have at any given moment.(not that is matters for most guns but the point stands)

4. So being under a buff would force the body HUD to be visible? Better, but still doesn't make it a better alternative

5. No one has said anything about the cross-hairs

Your trying to argue that a shrunken HUD that forces you to have to slow or stop down your gameplay to keep track of your stats, and lose the ability to know how your team is doing at will is somehow an Improvement? Please explain that to me, cause I can't see how anyone can think that going from free access of stats to circumstantial access to stats is an upgrade.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, (PS4)StationOfDead said:

The only reason why they are complaining is because the HUD is hard to see according to them but we all know that it is not true they are just taking things out of proportion so that it seems a problem and also my comment was directed towards you and not to others so I'll wait for your justified opinion and if you think that HUD is horrendous then you have no sense of aesthetics...

Ok, I'll repeat everything already said then:

I don't need the hud to know I'm taking damage, I need it to know how much dmg I'm taking and how much health I have left.

I need the hud to know how much healing I'm receiving so to not waste energy/pads on overhealing.

I need the hud to show my energy at all times so I know how many abilities I can use or to let me know if there's a leech eximus nearby that I hadn't noticed.

I need to see my current magazine size and ammo max at all times so I don't find myself reloading or running out of ammo at a bad time.

I need my buffs and debuffs to be in the same place and easy to check, given how many buffs you can stack at the same time I don't even see WHERE you would put all of them on the frame without it looking like a bloody christmas tree.

I need to know all of those things at all times and I don't want to stop moving just so I can check them every 3 bloody seconds.

I need the hud to be clearly and easily visible to me at all times, attaching it to my warframe is a garbage idea because it becomes substantially harder to keep track of everything, especially as the hud would inevitably be substantially smaller if it was attached to my warframe.

I need to be able to keep track of my teammates stats at all times and with ease, having it attached to their warframes and needing me to dart my camera around to look for them while fighting is AWFUL design.

This good for you?

• Upvote 1

hace 11 horas, Dark_Lugia dijo:

Why should i want a hud which forces me to stop playing fast???? that´s the most stupid sentence in the whole discussion here XD

1. I want to know how much hp ist lefft, not every enemie does the same amount of dmg
2. I want to know how many abilities i can spam since i dont know if trin/harrow used their ability or someone has used energy pad or maybe leecher have it reduced
3. I want to know how many shots i can fire especially on the lenz, supra vandal, grakata or any other smg if i stay for a longer duration
4. I still dont want to seach for any debuffs/buff somewhere on the screen. I want them in one spot, and that all the time
5. see point 4

You are making more problems to something which isn´t a problem XD
I still don´t know why your system would be better... as i don´t see any advantages

hace 10 horas, Atsia dijo:

As was said, why should be I forced to stop moving to keep track of my own stats? You're arguing that a HUD that would forces to interfere with your movement and gameplay to know what you HP/energy/ammo is would be an upgrade over the current HUD where you know everything about you AND you team with no need to stop?

1. I want to be be able to see exactly what my HP is at any given moment.

2. I want to be be able to see exactly what my energy is at any given moment.

3. I want to be able to see exactly how much ammo I have at any given moment.(not that is matters for most guns but the point stands)

4. So being under a buff would force the body HUD to be visible? Better, but still doesn't make it a better alternative

5. No one has said anything about the cross-hairs

Your trying to argue that a shrunken HUD that forces you to have to slow or stop down your gameplay to keep track of your stats, and lose the ability to know how your team is doing at will is somehow an Improvement? Please explain that to me, cause I can't see how anyone can think that going from free access of stats to circumstantial access to stats is an upgrade.

hace 2 horas, TheRealShade dijo:

Ok, I'll repeat everything already said then:

I don't need the hud to know I'm taking damage, I need it to know how much dmg I'm taking and how much health I have left.

I need the hud to know how much healing I'm receiving so to not waste energy/pads on overhealing.

I need the hud to show my energy at all times so I know how many abilities I can use or to let me know if there's a leech eximus nearby that I hadn't noticed.

I need to see my current magazine size and ammo max at all times so I don't find myself reloading or running out of ammo at a bad time.

I need my buffs and debuffs to be in the same place and easy to check, given how many buffs you can stack at the same time I don't even see WHERE you would put all of them on the frame without it looking like a bloody christmas tree.

I need to know all of those things at all times and I don't want to stop moving just so I can check them every 3 bloody seconds.

I need the hud to be clearly and easily visible to me at all times, attaching it to my warframe is a garbage idea because it becomes substantially harder to keep track of everything, especially as the hud would inevitably be substantially smaller if it was attached to my warframe.

I need to be able to keep track of my teammates stats at all times and with ease, having it attached to their warframes and needing me to dart my camera around to look for them while fighting is AWFUL design.

This good for you?

You guys are hard to convince...

Now you guys are complaining about the fact that the HUD is going to hide that basically was the solution to the other non sense excuse that you was giving but I imagine that your minds are so closed that they not even realized that and I know that if now I say that the HUD is not going to hide I will win but I know that you will continue giving excuses just for hate and I imagine that you have not even read the new addition that I put in which all the players will be choose between different types of HUD to their liking so if you have more excuses after what I said please have some self-esteem and do not come back unless you have a suggestion

Note: I recommend you to see gameplays from Dead space and The division for understand the concept

I know the The Division HUD and as already said: that´s not a good HUD for a fast and suddenly direction changing movement system.
The fact that it´s locked on the character results in a moving HUD = bad HUD

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, (PS4)StationOfDead said:

Now you guys are complaining about the fact that the HUD is going to hide that basically was the solution to the other non sense excuse that you was giving but I imagine that your minds are so closed that they not even realized that and I know that if now I say that the HUD is not going to hide I will win but I know that you will continue giving excuses just for hate and I imagine that you have not even read the new addition that I put in which all the players will be choose between different types of HUD to their liking so if you have more excuses after what I said please have some self-esteem and do not come back unless you have a suggestion

Note: I recommend you to see gameplays from Dead space and The division for understand the concept

Doesn't change anything, the hud will still be horrible because it will be extremely hard to read in the middle of the fight.

Why can't you accept the fact that YOU are the only one who thinks that kind of hud will be good?

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, (PS4)StationOfDead said:

Tell me, is the gameplay from the Division and Dead Space as fast paced as Warframes? Can send yourself flying across entire rooms and turn on a dime in either of those games? A body HUD works for them because they're slower more methodical games. Not so much I  warframe where stopping your movement is a bad idea for the most part. And I've read through your additions, and my stance is still no, the work would have to go into making new HUDs when our current does everything better than your initial suggestion would be better off going into something actually beneficial.

• Upvote 1

En 8/2/2019 a las 5:49, Dark_Lugia dijo:

I know the The Division HUD and as already said: that´s not a good HUD for a fast and suddenly direction changing movement system.
The fact that it´s locked on the character results in a moving HUD = bad HUD

En 8/2/2019 a las 6:22, TheRealShade dijo:

Doesn't change anything, the hud will still be horrible because it will be extremely hard to read in the middle of the fight.

Why can't you accept the fact that YOU are the only one who thinks that kind of hud will be good?

En 8/2/2019 a las 11:28, Atsia dijo:

Tell me, is the gameplay from the Division and Dead Space as fast paced as Warframes? Can send yourself flying across entire rooms and turn on a dime in either of those games? A body HUD works for them because they're slower more methodical games. Not so much I  warframe where stopping your movement is a bad idea for the most part. And I've read through your additions, and my stance is still no, the work would have to go into making new HUDs when our current does everything better than your initial suggestion would be better off going into something actually beneficial.

If you think that adding more variety to the game is not a benefit, you are very very wrong because you can easily use the current HUD and let the other players use other types of HUD and, please, for your dignity, do not say no because you know it's true and please open your mind and understand that the HUD I'm suggesting is programmed to follow the players wherever and however and adapting to the movements of the players so that it is readable and understandable...

vor 5 Stunden schrieb (PS4)StationOfDead:

If you think that adding more variety to the game is not a benefit, you are very very wrong because you can easily use the current HUD and let the other players use other types of HUD and, please, for your dignity, do not say no because you know it's true and please open your mind and understand that the HUD I'm suggesting is programmed to follow the players wherever and however and adapting to the movements of the players so that it is readable and understandable...

I´m up for improvements of the hud, but sticking the hud to your charakter and saying it will always be readable is a contradiction itself....
Warframe is played much faster than dead space or the division

5 hours ago, (PS4)StationOfDead said:

It's a matter of usability, not variety. Everything you've said about how the body HUD would work is objectively worse than what we have, or is unnecessary work for a minor change. Again, from your own statements on how it would work, how is reducing the size of the HUD, attaching it to our hyper-mobile characters, saying it'll disappear when we're moving, which is worse than it getting lost in a crowd of enemies, and losing the ability to accurately keep track of our allies and our own stats  an improvement? That's not even adding in the god awful suggestion you add screen distortion whenever you take damage. I'm down to make the HUD better,  but unless  it comes with the option to use the current HUD instead, which is what I'm guessing most players would go with given the current responses in the thread, your idea is will likely only result in a waste of dev-time and resources. The other parts off the suggestion are great (different kind of reticles, reducing screen shake, etc.) but the base concept just would not work.

Edited by Atsia

Dunno about you guys but I feel like I'm talking to a brick wall, this guy simply can't accept that his idea is bad no matter how many people tell it to him. I'm out, good luck to whoever still wants to try and educate him.

• Haha 1

En 10/2/2019 a las 7:39, Atsia dijo:

It's a matter of usability, not variety. Everything you've said about how the body HUD would work is objectively worse than what we have, or is unnecessary work for a minor change. Again, from your own statements on how it would work, how is reducing the size of the HUD, attaching it to our hyper-mobile characters, saying it'll disappear when we're moving, which is worse than it getting lost in a crowd of enemies, and losing the ability to accurately keep track of our allies and our own stats  an improvement? That's not even adding in the god awful suggestion you add screen distortion whenever you take damage. I'm down to make the HUD better,  but unless  it comes with the option to use the current HUD instead, which is what I'm guessing most players would go with given the current responses in the thread, your idea is will likely only result in a waste of dev-time and resources. The other parts off the suggestion are great (different kind of reticles, reducing screen shake, etc.) but the base concept just would not work.

En 10/2/2019 a las 7:29, Dark_Lugia dijo:

I´m up for improvements of the hud, but sticking the hud to your charakter and saying it will always be readable is a contradiction itself....
Warframe is played much faster than dead space or the division

En 10/2/2019 a las 14:06, TheRealShade dijo:

Dunno about you guys but I feel like I'm talking to a brick wall, this guy simply can't accept that his idea is bad no matter how many people tell it to him. I'm out, good luck to whoever still wants to try and educate him.

It's obvious that it's a matter of variety and usability ... and I honestly do not see how the current HUD in the game is better than the one I'm suggesting and do not see how that's an unnecessary work and how that's a minor change, the only thing I see is that you are wrong and you have no idea what you are talking about ... and as I said before 

En 6/2/2019 a las 6:29, (PS4)StationOfDead dijo:

I also do not like the idea that some parts of the HUD are temporarily hidden but if necessary you have to do it

so I'm going to add the option that the HUD can temporarily hide (with the option to activate / deactivate) in any type of HUD because I think it could be necessary and because I said that the HUD would be customizable and you seriously think that this is today for tomorrow? or do you think the developers do not have the time and resources to do it? or do you think that the game can not continue to be updated as time passes? because if so, then you're wrong and I said specifically that players would have the option to use the current HUD or use other types of HUD 

En 4/2/2019 a las 14:36, (PS4)StationOfDead dijo:

Players can choose between different types of HUD concepts (the current one, the one I'm suggesting, etc.)

so you have no reason to be complaining

If anything, I don't mind seeing other HUDs, even if there were player created HUD's take games like PD2 for example where you could 'download' other players HUD's maybe excluding the info HUDS (HUDS that display information not present on the default HUD), though the original HUD would have to stay as is, I don't think many players like the idea of changing HUD. I was kind of thinking about this a while back, but it's really not something I would care too much about.

No, on all counts. I absolutely despise The Division's UI for various reasons. First of all, interaction labels have a nasty habit of displaying at an angle or even reversed, making them difficult to read. They also have the tendency to fade too quickly to be practical. I'm also not at all a fan of the Dead Space UI because it makes terrible use of screen space, blocking a significant portion of it with my own character's body. I don't like fancy holographic displays because despite being "neat," they're typically incredibly clunky and clumsy to use. While I see the potential of fading UI elements when they aren't in use, that would have to be an OPTION, rather than the mandated only state. Again, that's "neat" but also something I find terribly cumbersome, forcing me to fire or aim my gun just to check my ammo or fire mode status.

You like minimalistic UI design, and there's nothing wrong with that. I'd love for there to be an option to retain most of those things. And hell, I'm a huge fan of communicating information to the player via the environment. Payday 2 did a pretty good job of that, requiring you to manually check the LCDs on drills for their timers or watch a cutter head's progress cutting a circle to judge remaining time. SOME of the stuff in Warframe could definitely be done this way, but I have absolutely no desire to have my health, ammo or other important stats either fade or strapped to my back. The less clutter there is around my character and in the middle of my screen, the happier I'll be.

Warframe's camera is already WAY too close to the character on all three axes. The last thing I want is more icons getting in the way.

• Applause 1