Sign in to follow this  
(XB1)WiggyWhatNow

How does someone become a guide of the lotus?

The new clan members aren't new anymore. The chicks have learned to fly after negding in the right direction and I'm finding myself bored. Is GOTL a thing anymore? I'm more than interested. 

• Haha 1

IDK when the last recruitment was, but last time I saw one DE was doing recruitment phases for applying for GOTL based on each consoles needs. You basically have to write a resume on why you think would be a good GOTL, they review them and pick candidates. I don't think they've done a new one since the one I saw TBH.

It seems they have an application system that has been closed for a very long time. I see more Guides of the Lotus in Discord than I do in-game. It still makes no sense to me that they have exclusive cosmetics. Volunteers are volunteers. Paying them with loot is hardly needed as they should want to participate on their own time regardless.

You can read up more on the system here: https://www.warframe.com/community/volunteers#gotl

• Satisfied 2
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Voltage said:

It still makes no sense to me that they have exclusive cosmetics. Volunteers are volunteers. Paying them with loot is hardly needed as they should want to participate on their own time regardless.

I agree, I'm just looking for stuff to do and people to help along the way. 

That's a shame, kind of a trend though at this point. As much as I love this game I can't help but think DE has a short attention span. Seems like everywhere you look there's an abrupt dead end game mechanic or community thing that went nowhere. Meanwhile their on something else and might get around to removing whatever it may be a couple years later (cough raids cough). I do really love WF, just frustrating at times. 

• Like 1

The fact that u'd need to be a GotL to help is kinda fishy to me. 

If u're bored and honestly want to help, just sit on region chat to answer and help players there, u shouldn't need a special badge and color of ur name to do it. 

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 2

Truth be told, you can learn almost anything about the game through the wiki. You don't really need a person to "guide" you for a very large number of questions that pop up from time to time, although I admit it's nice (sometimes) to actually talk to a real person even for trivial stuff. Apart from the wiki, there are tons of other resources on the internet to learn about the game, including the forums here, youtube, sites that list market prices, sites where you can check mods and builds on certain items and so on.

What I'm trying to say is that while Guides of the Lotus might seem like a good idea for helping people to learn about the game, they are surpassed in most respects by other things you can read/watch/check at your leisure. In this sense, it wouldn't surprise me if DE didn't do anything about this initiative in the future.

7 hours ago, (XB1)WiggyWhatNow said:

How does someone become a guide of the lotus?

By not asking to become one :^)

• Haha 1
  • Woah 1
  • Applause 1

I wouldn't worry about it; GoTL was a failure in the end, and you don't need purple chat text or a badge of honor to be able to help others. if you're serious about helping people, you'd look in Region and Recruit chat for any newbies asking for help with certain things and answer their calls for assistance. lord knows that in our beloved game that has very poor tutorials (or none in many cases), there's more than enough people who require help.

Bruv, that's 

On 2019-02-05 at 4:06 AM, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I wouldn't worry about it; GoTL was a failure in the end, and you don't need purple chat text or a badge of honor to be able to help others. if you're serious about helping people, you'd look in Region and Recruit chat for any newbies asking for help with certain things and answer their calls for assistance. lord knows that in our beloved game that has very poor tutorials (or none in many cases), there's more than enough people who require help.

That's about all I do anymore these days, there really is a huge gap between vets and newer folks. Forgot how convoluted all the systems can be lol. I'll be honest, the purple name in chat is what I was in it for. Couldn't care less about any badge of honors. Purples just my favorite color lol.

I was a Guide of the Lotus for a short time. Hopefully in saying this it'll encourage you to take my advice to heart.

To be honest, the best bet is not to ask for it and patiently wait for a recruitment of some sort to open up. If DE wants more help they'll say it. You can safely assume that if they aren't making announcements about looking it means they aren't looking.

Also, it's not a particularly fun experience to be a Guide. It rubs up against the line of turning the game you enjoy into work you're trying to do. My sincere advice is that if you find yourself to be a player who is getting burnt out or jaded about certain parts of the rough ride it's been as DE works to change the game and work more content in you already are probably the kind of person who is going to end up hating being a Guide. The last thing you should do is tie yourself to Warframe with a feeling of responsibility for others in the community. You wont be a good fit. 

I'm not a Guide. I haven't been for a long time. I still meet and help new players perfectly fine and the experience of doing this has been a big help in keeping me from ever just completely abandoning Warframe. I always come back to meet the folks who're seeing this for the first time.

Edited by Blatantfool