Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Battle Royale

Karaduha

First this isn't really feedback...and isn't enough to really qualify as a discussion.

Second: Why? And how?
Something like a BR game mode wouldn't really fit into warframe, nor would it really work with how this game is designed.  Lots of questions and problems need to be solved and answered before it can even be seriously thought about.

Third: Why should DE just jump onto a currently over-saturated market, and do it poorer than the offerings that are out there already?
DE already tried that with Lunaro, attempting to jump into the Rocket League type games, and it was a big flop.  Why should DE spend time and money to jump into the BR market when the chances that it would be good, and attract or keep players, are fairly low?
If you want to play a BR game go play one of the dozens out there; they'll do it a lot better than WF could.  And if you are playing a BR game why would you move to WF?

30 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

Third: Why should DE just jump onto a currently over-saturated market, and do it poorer than the offerings that are out there already?
DE already tried that with Lunaro, attempting to jump into the Rocket League type games, and it was a big flop.  Why should DE spend time and money to jump into the BR market when the chances that it would be good, and attract or keep players, are fairly low?
If you want to play a BR game go play one of the dozens out there; they'll do it a lot better than WF could.  And if you are playing a BR game why would you move to WF?

DE also tried with hero shooters (like overwatch), but TAE didn't end well

18 minutes ago, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

@Fiftycentis, does this count as a no? lol

i think it does

• Like 1

Yes, that's a GREAT idea! Let's get a Battle Royale in this game that will bring toxicity from other Battle Royales like Fortnite and ruin the experience of gaming for everyone, along for the ride is insane lag, loud screaming kids crying over whatever, and... dare I say it... Season Passes, which will cost around the same price as a Warframe Starter Pack on Steam ($19.99), thus losing not only community members but loyalty to a company that made THE best F2P that actually cares and listens to a community, forcing lose of profits and closing down a perfect game that has the audacity to last longer than any other F2P out there!

Oh, sorry... my answer was sarcasm. Here's my REAL answer:

NO! We don't need Battle Royale here! We have PvP and Lunaro for that! Do them instead... or do Fortnite. Whichever you prefer. >_>

Gerade eben schrieb lxMattAranxl:

(...) how will it even fit in lore-wise?

Well, there is conclave and it fit's thematically. The lore perspective is the least problem.

@KaraduhaBut how about we strike a deal, if 100 Fortnite players manage ti tie their own shoes, then Warframe will implement a Battle Royal mode.

There, that should give DE 7-9 years time before they have to get active on this matter!

1 minute ago, Walkampf said:

Well, there is conclave and it fit's thematically. The lore perspective is the least problem.

@KaraduhaBut how about we strike a deal, if 100 Fortnite players manage ti tie their own shoes, then Warframe will implement a Battle Royal mode.

There, that should give DE 7-9 years time before they have to get active on this matter!

So what you're saying is... somewhere a planet like Earth or Saturn, or it's own place in the galaxy,  has a battle dome somewhere in orbit, hosting battles featuring solo or team-based battles, whereas the winner of the said amount obtains items,  like sigils and weapon skins,  only obtained by that one mission mode?

And Teshin, the one who hosts the Conclave, is also the host of the battle dome and offers daily missions and prizes to participants of the arena?

... I don't see that happening in this game. 😕

I can see some potential in it as another Conclave option IF they handle it right.  If they don't do it right it will be as popular as the rest of conclave(which needs massive overhaul).

Probably the most important things for it to be done right is that DE would need to host the arenas instead of having a player host like all the other PVP options.  Don't want migrations because the host got killed and didn't want to spectate the rest of the match.

4 hours ago, Ohforf3 said:

I can see some potential in it as another Conclave option IF they handle it right.  If they don't do it right it will be as popular as the rest of conclave(which needs massive overhaul).

Probably the most important things for it to be done right is that DE would need to host the arenas instead of having a player host like all the other PVP options.  Don't want migrations because the host got killed and didn't want to spectate the rest of the match.

Pvp is no more player hosted, there are dedicated conclave servers (they have an easy work considering conclave population)