Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Vauban Rework Coming in the next update?

Fizx96

Hello , im here to hope that vauban is finally getting a proper rework on his 1st and 2nd ability. His 3 and 4 works fine but thats all we can get from him ; a floating cc and a blackhole cc. Damn he looks so cool i wish he can get synergy with all of his skills (like harrow). Plus, he's a tactician-like frame and the most hardest to craft both normal and prime . If anyone supposed to be op it should be him (im a fan after all ). At least give him some buff to him ; more survivability or increase skills effectiveness . He sucks in new content which make playing him feels like a burden to your team. Give him some real love DE, a man can only dream for so long.

Gimme your opinion about him guys. Do you think he is good the way he is ?

I know this is an unpopular opinion because everybody seems to want a rework for Vauban, but i think he doesnt need one as much as other frames.

His 3 and 4 are both really useful and great tools for different purposes.

• We dont have many frames that can CC multiple spots at the same time (you can throw down 4 bastilles)
  • you can literally throw your abilities far away from where you are standing
  • his bastille (and vortex?) dont get disabled by nullifiers!

Yes his 1 is pretty useless and expensive, but thats the case for probably 50% of the frames 1st-abilities we have.

His 2 offers at least some fun stuff to play around with (not just talking about Bounce-trolling 😛)

I wouldnt mind it if they change his 1st ability and tweak some numbers on some of the mines, but i sometimes think that people are exaggerating when they act like Vauban is one of the worst frames ever created. Because he is definetly playable and tbh i sometimes enjoy playing him more than a frame with 3 toggle-abilities + 1 aoe-nuke. Octavia for example is really strong and i never saw anyone asking for a rework, but for me, she is one of the most boring frames in the game because you really dont have to do much besides keeping your toggle-abilities active all the time.

Octavia rework when!!?!?!?! 😀

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DreisterDino said:

I know this is an unpopular opinion because everybody seems to want a rework for Vauban, but i think he doesnt need one as much as other frames.

• We dont have many frames that can CC multiple spots at the same time (you can throw down 4 bastilles)

this is his greatest strength and his greatest weakness

2 hours ago, DreisterDino said:

Yes his 1 is pretty useless and expensive, but thats the case for probably 50% of the frames 1st-abilities we have.

His 2 offers at least some fun stuff to play around with (not just talking about Bounce-trolling 😛)

make the status chance on his 1 100% its charge rade dependent on strength fix the math on vortex

move his 2 to his 1 replacing trip laze with Tesla and give him a TF2 dispenser for an exalted sentinal that alternates between heals, DR, and a damage buff.  it will use a sentinal weapon that acts as a stat stick for minelayer.  (or how the mines are shot/dispensed)

4 hours ago, Fizx96 said:

when the Dev are mocking the players.

Completely professional and reassuring behavior there. /s

5 hours ago, Fizx96 said:

proper rework on his 1st and 2nd ability.

All Tesla needs is for that charge-up mechanic to be removed and damage buffed a little.

Minelayer is a convoluted and complicated mess with rather questionable features: For example, why would I want to trip up enemies when I could be...you know...stunning and / or killing them? I'd rework it so that you can deploy a hunter-seeker spider mine that runs after enemies when it detects them.

Vortex needs a range buff - badly. It would also be nice to see it do some Radiation damage (on top of the Magnetic damage it does already) to allow it to kill Grineer a bit faster. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DreisterDino said:

I wouldnt mind it if they change his 1st ability and tweak some numbers on some of the mines, but i sometimes think that people are exaggerating when they act like Vauban is one of the worst frames ever created. Because he is definetly playable and tbh i sometimes enjoy playing him more than a frame with 3 toggle-abilities + 1 aoe-nuke. Octavia for example is really strong and i never saw anyone asking for a rework, but for me, she is one of the most boring frames in the game because you really dont have to do much besides keeping your toggle-abilities active all the time.

That all depends on how DE want to progress this game honestly, do they want a complex co-operative style multi role game where everyone can contribute to runs in different ways, or do they want a more solo centric one glove fits all game where we're all pretty much doing the exact same thing in some kind of kill race. If DE want the prior then yes Vauban isn't the thing that needs priority, however if they want the later (which we've been progressively leaning more and more to) then no Vauban is absolutely a frame in need as he's a fish out of water in that design principle. 

The problem with Vauban isn't so much his design is objectively bad, everyone knows he's an incredible support, it's just the current balance of the game has no reason for supports, and in turn they retain no value/purpose which in turn leaves them with the label bad, which is fair, because he does a bad job at what is presently expected of a frame which is pretty much entirely high kill rates. 

I'd certainly prefer if they addressed all the high damage aoe frames over just making everyone a nuke instead, but that's just me and I have no idea what DE wants anymore. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Cubewano said:

That all depends on how DE want to progress this game honestly, do they want a complex co-operative style multi role game where everyone can contribute to runs in different ways, or do they want a more solo centric one glove fits all game where we're all pretty much doing the exact same thing in some kind of kill race. If DE want the prior then yes Vauban isn't the thing that needs priority, however if they want the later (which we've been progressively leaning more and more to) then no Vauban is absolutely a frame in need as he's a fish out of water in that design principle. 

That's Exacly how i feel my man! I've played warframe in 2 time lapse ; in the early days before the open world content where vauban feels legit and after DE released PoE and Fortuna where he feels a bit left behind.

I dont want him to be stupidly op, just give him some tweaks to make him more viable in open world teamplay .

5 minutes ago, Fizx96 said:

That's Exacly how i feel my man! I've played warframe in 2 time lapse ; in the early days before the open world content where vauban feels legit and after DE released PoE and Fortuna where he feels a bit left behind.

I dont want him to be stupidly op, just give him some tweaks to make him more viable in open world teamplay .

Open world content frankly isn't his issue, continuous power creep plus the removal of endgame content is, enemy threat is no longer existent in the game. Everything is just a race for who can wipe the room first with little to no risk of defeat now, and even in the rare instance something goes astray you have operators as this incredibly useful panic button getaway/quick save. Suffice to say, there is near no room for supports in this game anymore, you are either able to kill everything near instantly with no threat or are safe enough during any encounter that it doesn't matter these days.

If we want Vauban to be viable he isn't the thing that needs tweaking, other frames are, otherwise he needs a full on redesign to no longer be a CC focused frame because that role is quickly losing its place in Warframe. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cubewano said:

Everything is just a race for who can wipe the room first with little to no risk of defeat now, and even in the rare instance something goes astray you have operators as this incredibly useful panic button getaway/quick save. Suffice to say, there is near no room for supports in this game anymore, you are either able to kill everything near instantly with no threat or are safe enough during any encounter that it doesn't matter these days.

Inb4 the obligatory "But..but...mah power fantasy!" counter-post.

If we want Vauban to be viable he isn't the thing that needs tweaking

I couldn't agree more with this statement. While Vauban could use some QoL tweaking, there is a dire need to have certain outlier abilities reeled in so that other 'Frames can actually be useful. Right now, Endless missions turn into a "who can grab the most kills" competition when Saryn, Mag, Equinox, Volt, and Mesa show up and proceed to delete whole swaths of enemies within seconds of spawning. At present those 'Frames violate the co-op core of Warframe due to terrible balancing of certain abilities.

Edited by MirageKnight

Everything is just a race for who can wipe the room first with little to no risk of defeat now, and even in the rare instance something goes astray you have operators as this incredibly useful panic button getaway/quick save.

I have to agree with this statement , which is sadly to admit makes the gameplay more or less follow the same path . But on the other hand , this is a grinding game some people (like me) will enjoy it .

If we want Vauban to be viable he isn't the thing that needs tweaking, other frames are, otherwise he needs a full on redesign to no longer be a CC focused frame because that role is quickly losing its place in Warframe. 

To tweak a frame that feels a bit falling behind is easier and more plausible to ask , vs to rework many other frames which will require a hard work and more time consuming , wouldn't you say right? Though i suppose i might be a bit biased toward vauban specifically as i played him most of my time. 

Plus CC and support type warframe is always needed to make the game play smoother. Im just hoping they could give him some suvivability (increase stats or defensive ability) so he don,'t always get knocked out before he can do anything or when his ability goes down one for 1 second.

33 minutes ago, Fizx96 said:

I have to agree with this statement , which is sadly to admit makes the gameplay more or less follow the same path . But on the other hand , this is a grinding game some people (like me) will enjoy it .

Specifically what do you enjoy about it?

33 minutes ago, Fizx96 said:

To tweak a frame that feels a bit falling behind is easier and more plausible to ask , vs to rework many other frames which will require a hard work and more time consuming , wouldn't you say right? Though i suppose i might be a bit biased toward vauban specifically as i played him most of my time. 

Plus CC and support type warframe is always needed to make the game play smoother. Im just hoping they could give him some suvivability (increase stats or defensive ability) so he don,'t always get knocked out before he can do anything or when his ability goes down one for 1 second.

It isn't just "a frame" that needs tweaking however, entire systems need adjusting because of the progression of a handful of frames, every support oriented frame needs adjusting, enemy balance and design needs adjusting, the co-op nature of the game needs adjusting, sticking to the power progression the game has right now carries it's own hefty workload to match. You can't just introduce an entirely new tier of balance to a years old game and have all the content prior to it just seamlessly fit it. 

And I'm honestly not sure what you mean with supports being needed for the game to play smoother, what is that supposed to mean? 

Edited by Cubewano
  • Like 3

I just enjoy Grinding stuff for the purpose of wasting time . You know, like when first time played warframe mission You try to kill every mobs present and loot every  effing crates in the map . Or spend hours in endless missions for no reason but to test your endurance. And the game rewards you by giving stuff at interval or mod drops on specific enemies. That sort of stuff is pretty enjoyable to me and you can co-op with others which makes it even better. I don't usually care about how fast you clear the mobs but the faster the better IMO.

THAT, or i need a life

21 minutes ago, Cubewano said:

It isn't just "a frame" that needs tweaking however, entire systems need adjusting because of the progression of a handful of frames, every support oriented frame needs adjusting, enemy balance and design needs adjusting, the co-op nature of the game needs adjusting, sticking to the power progression the game has right now carries it's own hefty workload to match.

I agree my friend , Sooner or later i'm sure the dev will come to it (rather later i suppose) as the community will demand it . It's just i feel Vauban doesn't bring enough "umph" to newer content for the time being .  A man just need a bit love for his favourite frame.

28 minutes ago, Cubewano said:

And I'm honestly not sure what you mean with supports being needed for the game to play smoother, what is that supposed to mean?

I mean by using support or cc frame You help your team accomplish mission objective more easily . For instance , Lord Harrow can give your team energy buff, healing buff and crit buff which will make a better QoL for the entire gameplay. And Limbo and frost can hold an area for you for defensive purposes . And Trinity (never played her) has her WoL and EV . This trait makes them trivial for the purpose of making certain gameplay smoother (endless , eidolons  and stuff) . 

1 hour ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

That Build Is really good on interception . Hell , i would even say the best .

i use this build for general gameplay and it has a bit cc mage feel to it as i can spam bastille and vortex all over the map

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Vauban_Prime/t_30_4330320030_2-0-10-4-7-5-8-8-5-13-2-3-49-3-10-55-1-5-479-5-10-481-4-10-613-9-5-859-6-5_2-6-55-6-13-7-49-16-481-7-479-7-859-7-4-9-8-14-613-9_0/en/1-0-46/209924/

With arcane Guardian and Victory for suvivability

56 minutes ago, Fizx96 said:

That Build Is really good on interception . Hell , i would even say the best .

i use this build for general gameplay and it has a bit cc mage feel to it as i can spam bastille and vortex all over the map

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Vauban_Prime/t_30_4330320030_2-0-10-4-7-5-8-8-5-13-2-3-49-3-10-55-1-5-479-5-10-481-4-10-613-9-5-859-6-5_2-6-55-6-13-7-49-16-481-7-479-7-859-7-4-9-8-14-613-9_0/en/1-0-46/209924/

With arcane Guardian and Victory for suvivability

Yes u can... With that efficiency your like A rift mage in Dragon Age! Definitely goin to try this build out:)

1 hour ago, Fizx96 said:

I don't usually care about how fast you clear the mobs but the faster the better IMO.

Even if the faster method is less engaging? Or limits play style options? 

1 hour ago, Fizx96 said:

I mean by using support or cc frame You help your team accomplish mission objective more easily . For instance , Lord Harrow can give your team energy buff, healing buff and crit buff which will make a better QoL for the entire gameplay. And Limbo and frost can hold an area for you for defensive purposes . And Trinity (never played her) has her WoL and EV . This trait makes them trivial for the purpose of making certain gameplay smoother (endless , eidolons  and stuff) . 

But none of those benefits are necessary presently with the exception of very niche content, our damages scales too high for more damage to matter in most instances, and energy efficiency is the best it has ever been, defensive frames are only desirable for maybe two mission types since enemy threat is only applicable to stationary objects, and there just isn't a lot for most of those roles to do in really most content. Everything they augment does so well now without them they may as well not be around in most instances. 

• 1 month later...

I think a more radical chang would be appropriate. The 3. and 4. ability should be kept and placed 2. and 3. The first is a big question to me, but the electric traps is not bad just somehow changed for synergy. And the 4. ultimate would be a gigantic badass exoskeleton like the ironman hulk buster, with a big minigun. and rockets in the back that has some cooldown. I would play the hell out of that vauban THE ENGINEER with capitals :D.

• 2 weeks later...

I have an idea in my head for a way i would like vauban to be reworked

basically the 1- tesla reamains tesla but recieves changes to shock multiple targets, have a high status chance, and just be better

the 2 minelayer i would replace with an ability that triggers radiation+magnetic dmg in a radius around placed traps like vortex and tesla and make it so that the dmg is applied to the entire radius of bastille

3 remains bastille but by nerfing the base range and increasing the effectiveness of his power and range scaling it will make it easier for vauban to deal with large numbers of enemies withut using repelling bastile, vauban also needs tankiness so i would make it so that enemy projectiles launched from outside bastille can not enter and will be stopped, this adds a whole new level of defense. at the end of the duration all enemies will be thrown out of bastille

4 remains vortex

passive could be changed for something with tankiness or energy regeneration like for every enemy killed while under the effect of vauban cc he will get back energy or whenever he is within a certain radius of his abilities he gains overshield and dmg reduction

THe goal of this is to not change his core function while adding the changes to his 1 to make it decent and giving him the dmg with 2 to be more useful at clearing. the goal is to have a lot of people in bastille and then delete them with 2- this could also work well with his already passive which would anhialate everything cced by his traps. please criticize i want feedback

Edited by NuclearCoffeePot

On 2019-02-05 at 4:23 PM, Fizx96 said:

Hello , im here to hope that vauban is finally getting a proper rework on his 1st and 2nd ability. His 3 and 4 works fine but thats all we can get from him ; a floating cc and a blackhole cc. Damn he looks so cool i wish he can get synergy with all of his skills (like harrow). Plus, he's a tactician-like frame and the most hardest to craft both normal and prime . If anyone supposed to be op it should be him (im a fan after all ). At least give him some buff to him ; more survivability or increase skills effectiveness . He sucks in new content which make playing him feels like a burden to your team. Give him some real love DE, a man can only dream for so long.

Gimme your opinion about him guys. Do you think he is good the way he is ?

Firstly, I think he's not as bad as people paint him as, and frankly I think the game needs more changes before Vauban does. CC needs to get new validation, not be written off in favor of blanket dps which seems the current direction of the game. I don't want all frames eventually just become a dozen shades of nuke frame.

And on the other front I doubt Vauban will be seeing a rework in the immediate future, DE know he's suffering in the current state of the game, but they also don't seem remotely sure what they want to do about that situation, whether it is to fix the state of the game, how they would do such a thing is it's own puzzle, and how much of it they are willing to do at once, or if they just want to propel further into the direction it's been going and once more kicking the can a few stops further down the road. It's a hot mess of a discussion and I'm sure DE are not remotely excited to have to come face to face with it. 

Edited by Cubewano

On 2019-02-05 at 3:06 PM, DreisterDino said:

his three and four have issues where they sometimes don't register enemies correctly and this will get Vauban killed a lot of the time.

his one is probably only slightly better then wukongs and just because some other frames also have bad 1 abilities isn't an excuse to NOT rework him. its damage is weaker than a level 15 grinneer tazer trap, its really sad. imo a buff option maybe increases the damage taken of targets effect by the ability. along with lower energy cost, better range, qol changes in general.

his two is just really underwhelming. like bounce pads... in what situation are these semi-useful?

though I wouldn't mind if frames like ember, fairy, birb, valkity, etc get reworked first just because I find them SO MUCH more interesting then him.

EDIT: forgot to add. vauban has an issue where we're mostly going into content that doesn't revolve around stationary cc. cause that slows down the mission to a grinding halt and slows the speed of completion. most content ether resolves around kills per second and low damage downtime (eso), single target high damage/support for big boss fights (eidolons/spydolons), mega tanking ability (arbitrations), and finally, frames that have the ability to move faster then archwings, (planes/Vallis).

honestly, cc doesn't really have a home in important new content at the moment, and I doubt that will change.

Edited by stormy505