Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Whats the best amp

RedPrimed

Question

So most videos online don't show fortuna content so I dont know if the meta has changed with it or if things got nerfs/buffed since then. Can someone let me know whats the amp I should be building towards and please dont use the number system because I have no idea what that means.

11 answers to this question

I would say that Shwaak prism amps are pretty reliable, while the Lohrin or new Fortuna equivalent which doesn't give as good of status but gives more critical are good bets. Sharksun as scaffolds go is pretty popular so it might be a good fit. Honestly, I would just use what fits your style most.

The number system refers to Tier for each part. For example, a 111 Amp is made from the first parts that become available from the Quills, while a 222 is made from the second group of parts that become available. Originally there were only 3 of each part, so 333 was the highest tier, but they added another Tier to the Quills a while back, which became Tier 4. Fortuna obviously added parts, as well, so rather than having to specify which vendor each Tier was from, the number system just keeps counting up. A 555 is Fortuna Tier 1, to put it another way.

As for the number itself, if I remember correctly, it's Prism-Scaffold-Brace. So an x23 is any Prism, the Tier 2 Scaffold, and the Tier 3 Brace.

Finally, the only thing I've really heard is that the Certus Brace (xx7) is the best, as it provides straight Crit Chance. The Lohrin brace (xx3, and previously the best) provides Status and Crit, but Status is of limited usefulness on Amps; Eidolons are immune to status, and it's hard to make use of the 5 second Magnetize bubble you get from the Void Status Proc under most circumstances.

For any normal content:
dissic scaffold + plaga brace is busted
phahd scaffold + plaga brace is stupidly fun

For eidolon: [Lega/Klamora prism + Shraksun scaffold + Certus brace] mandatory
Prism matter for void strike dumping. Don't use shwaak unless you're chroma
Edit: it breaks if you gild at LD. Use onkko

For orbs: Any hitscan long range prism + Phahd + any brace
Prism is used to rotate elements and phahd is to break the pylons. Phahd is mandatory

Edited by btant

Amp Xyz

X for Prism, Y for Scaffold, Z for Brace.

1 to 4 you buy on okko on Cetus - Earth, 1 is the first you are able to get while ranking up with the quills and the cheapest, 4 is the expensive and get last while ranking up with the quills.

5-7 you buy on Little Duck on Fortuna - Venus, all cost the same (I think), same deal, just go there and roll, the first parts are the 5, the last ones are the 7, and the middle is the 6.