Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we talk about Amarast drop rates?

l used a Smeeta kavat with both resource boosters, and I have over 200 of those. I can't remember how long it took me, but I suggest picking up those things to enhance the farm. Also, you don't need all the resources in 15 minutes. Pace yourself.

6 minutes ago, Voltage said:

l used a Smeeta kavat with both resource boosters, and I have over 200 of those. I can't remember how long it took me, but I suggest picking up those things to enhance the farm. Also, you don't need all the resources in 15 minutes. Pace yourself.

I have been, when I mine and fish I just put on music and zone out. I just noticed that a bunch of things I want take it and it seems like it's the only one of them all that I struggle with. I have 30+ of every other one except amarast. 

Hmm. This is only a guess, really, but I also went a long time without really ever having any of it. I ended up finding a bunch of it at the same time I tried following up on rumors that the Hesperon alloy also only really spawns around the northern part of the map. The hesperon alloy sure seemed to check out on that rumor, so maybe amarast ALSO only reasonably shows up in certain areas of the map.

Eh, you can try equipping the Ostron Drill so you don't get Thysts and Zodians.

You can also strip mine the whole Fortuna in about a 30-45 minute session. Should yield at least some Amarasts.

I mean I have 200 plus since I use mining rather than bounties to gain standing.

2 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

Eh, you can try equipping the Ostron Drill so you don't get Thysts and Zodians.

You can also strip mine the whole Fortuna in about a 30-45 minute session. Should yield at least some Amarasts.

I mean I have 200 plus since I use mining rather than bounties to gain standing.

I never knew that you could do that with the other drill, that might help! Otherwise I have been mining basically everything on the map and there's been several goes at it where I have not even one but a plethora of every other. 

Anecdotal but I usually mine pretty close to fortuna and never very long, maybe 5-10 minutes after a bounty and have never been to a specific place.
I have 30 amarasts currently and I know I have used a few already in the foundry. In my experience they can be mined everywhere. I rarely go for cave mining either (since I havent had the need yet).

On 2019-02-06 at 4:54 PM, (PS4)SCP-100912 said:

I can spend literally hours getting perfect mines and not get a single one. Sentirium and nyth are even more common than amarast. Why is this one material next to non existent? In all the time I've mined I've got maybe 15 total, and that's with 2-3 hour instances of nothing but mining.

If I remember correctly it is in the same tier as crimsion the problem is that on valis the most likely drops are the commons and the rares not the uncommon.  what exacerbates this that amerast is used in more things than either or the rare drops making it far more valuable than it should be.  overall I have mined a similar amount of the uncommon and the rare gems (total not nodes) I often trade the rare gems in for standing as I have a substantial supply already.  ninth and sentierm were more important despite a good drop chance.  also don't use a drop chance booster as it seems to lower the chance of getting the amarast, when on plains with a drop chance booster I once in 30-40 minutes mined 10+ of each of the rare gems same goes for OV but on valis I don't want the rare gems as they serve no purpose.  also, the bonus it more likely to give a rare than an uncommon gem so do it but expect thiss or zoidian

Edited by spirit_of_76