Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arbitration instant death

(PSN)waltsjr

Playing an arbitration survival and got instantly killed had nearly full health with nekros and shield of shadows up. Literally instantaneous death no chip damage, no status procs, no damage to my shield (i had overshield up too), just standing there one second the next I'm watching another player play.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Happened to me as well, (didn't see this was PS4 topic until I posted, but still applicable bug) EE.log says:

1920.112 Sys [Info]: Ragdoll::CommonInit() 2.3ms
1920.113 Game [Info]: Naroxas44 was killed by 53 / 1 damage from a TAR MUTALIST MOA

I was an oberon with +200 or so HP/s and Phoenix Renewal on, which wasn't on 90s cooldown as I had not died yet. Just instantly killed me, despite having enough HP and energy to last anything. Really frustrating bug, considering I could still handle the enemies perfectly fine and my ability didn't work correctly to revive me.

Edited by Naroxas44

• 1 month later...

I know this topic is old but , Full shield/health no real danger just instant death. Using Volt with capacitance 1650armor/shields with something like 800 health instantly dead. This isnt the first time this has happened. It has happened many times in the past few months.

82.649 Game [Info]: LordBepis was killed by 135 / 1 damage from a ELITE CREWMAN using a AICrpLaserRifle

Happened to me twice today on a defense mission.

Instant death randomly.

Only on the type of mission where there is permadeath, great right?

I was in the same corpus defense arbitration mission, and got instant death both times. First with Octavia, then with Gara... nothing was near me or i wasn't close to dying at all.

Edit: just noticed that this is PS4 forum, but it seems this happens on PC too.

Edited by Numlocker

Just happen to me today playing Oberon with renewal still active with phoenix renewal augument with no shield left and 925 health in survival mission
3299.489 Game [Info]: blackovercoat was killed by 57 / 1 damage from a SEEKER using a GrnHeavyPistol

Edited by blackovercoat

Yep, I had this happen on 3/31/19- Infested Survival Arbitration; Valkyr Prime, full health, no enemies nearby in a wide open area.  Laying waste to everything from a distance when in an instant I was watching my teammate's camera.  Not the 1st time this has happened and I'm really turned off to Arbitrations now.  Yet another broken mechanic from DEx.  What a shame, man.

This is just disappointing and frustrating, i hope there's a fix for this soon.

I Just had this happen to me as a nekros with full health shield and 90% dmg reduction; No indicator I was taking damage just an instant death. rip

Edited by Woosit
Well I was going to delete this post because i play on PC and not PS4. owell

It just happened to me in an Infested Survival.  Equinox with full health and overshields, 66% peaceful provocation active, Mend active, Adaptation charges, and meleeing with my Healing Return Cassowar. Was only attacking 3-4 infested, and just insta-died.

Wish there were a death replay or something in arbitrations, something indicating what killed you and with what.

For clarification, I mean if nothing killed you it would show some sort of debug weapon, maybe skana?

Edited by danewgui2
clarification

Literally just did my very first Arbitration Mission with Gara. I had Adaptation, Redirection and my 2nd Ability with 90% Damage reduction AND 75% Damage Reduction including overshields from our Trinity Prime on myself. I was inside my 4 (46% Range cause Narrow Minded) and I was 100% sure there was no Enemy shooting directly at me, the walls were all up and not broken even after I died. I was full Shield, Full HP.
I died INSTANTLY and just so I got into Spectator-Mode.

I knew about Instant, random deaths being in issue since Arbitration even exists, but damn this is hella frustrating.

Edited by Leoality

• 4 weeks later...

Happened to me too.  Infested survival.  Was Chroma at 47 min and instant death.  Full Vex armor was in effect as well as elemental.  Thought it was a toxic proc, but now thinking otherwise.  Did see a bug in the Vex armor prior to this occurrence.  Vex armor would not show full armor and damage buff on renewal before timer was ended (renewed with at least 10 seconds left).

Was trying to get to at least a full hour and was well on my way when this occurred.

Nice to know I'm not crazy and that random insta-deaths in Abritrations are a thing for others as well, even on console. Sometimes insta-deaths can be attributed to a Toxic Ancient's invisible scream attack (which I'm pretty sure instantly kills you regardless of enemy level and is utter BS), but I've failed a number of Arbitrations because I've fallen over dead from seemingly nothing at full health/shields with Adaptation active, etc. It puts me off the mission type entirely knowing that I'm likely just going to walk away with a cheap death and 3-4 bundles of Endo.

Edited by Ailith

Happened to me last night; harrow with full hp and 3k+ overshields on a excavation mission, no living enemy in sight and no status procs on me, did a bullet jump and instead of the ground i landed on "you are dead" screen. No idea what happened. Same thing happened to a limbo several minutes later and we failed the mission since the last two guys couldnt revive us. 

So the only explanation is that something one-shot us for no reason? I do not think it was a grenade because you can hear them and you run away when you hear those. 

Has also happened to me with Mirage.

900+ health (full)
Volt Capicitance provided overshields (Also full - base shields 572)

Eclipse Active - somewhat dark infested tile so should have had significant damage reduction.  Build had 262% power strength + the 300% Arbitration bonus.

I was paying attention to how much damage I was taking in general - and in the few minutes preceeding this the average hit I took barely moved my shields, or if I took any direct toxin damage it was around 5HP.  Then bam - dead - no ancients around, in fact few enemies at all.  was around the 40 minute mark, post scaling change so enemies were less than level 110.

While revives were possible - unfortunately for my teammates as I was host - I just said eff this and turned the game off then and there lol.

• 4 years later...

Just happened to me after 30 mins of solo survival at full health and shields plus kinetic armor at 100 battery, just dropped dead immediately for no reason at all, great game nice to see this isn't an old issue otherwise that would be embarrassing 

• Like 1