Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New game mode

crazycmc

I have played warframe off and on sense it went free to play. I love the game. How ever I see one common issue with the game. It has fallen prey to everything has to be done quick. Grind and kill as fast as you can. It is lacking that relaxing grind for the leisure players that don’t want to bum rush everything. Therefore I propose a new game type. I have no names for this game type, Just a concept for it.

It is a survival based mission. You and your team have 1 lives. You can be downed and picked back up again. You have to make it through 5 minutes of the game type to be able to leave. Pay outs happen every 5 minutes. You would leave by all players going to specified location. All common tropes so far.

Now for the differences.There is no life support or kill amount that must be fulfilled. Instead an assassination target/capture target will spawn every 5 minutes. This target must be killed or captured (based upon DE discretion) in order for pay out to be given.1 addition pay out may be given between every pay out if you spawn a special unit. This unit needs to be either killed/captured (again at DE discretion). This unit has a low chance of spawning and may only spawn once between every pay out. The chance of it spawning goes up based upon how many enemies you kill. If you fail to get an additional spawn in a 5 minute window, your chance is added to the next window until you achieve another additional spawn. Once you have achieved an additional spawn your chances of spawning an additional payout reset back down to base after your next pay out. You may only get 1 extra pay out between regular spawns. So once you get a special spawn your chance of another is 0 till after next regular set spawn. 

Current set target must be killed to start the timer for the next one to spawn. So you could sit in mission and never kill said unit.

Set spawn and special spawn can both be spawned in at the same time.

What targets would look like

Based upon what pay out you are about to receive will determine what kind of enemy will spawn.

Rotation A a higher lvl trash mob

Rotation B a heavy unit

Rotation C A special unit

Payouts go as follows.

Set spawns

Get the regular A,A,B,C for whatever the missions start was.

Special spawns

Time based pay outs. (how long you have been in the game)

0-20 minutes Rotation A

20-40 Minutes Rotation B

40+ Minutes Rotation C

Possible formula for Possibility for extra payout spawn.

base spawn chance=B, Enemies killed=E, rounds with no spawn=R, Current chance=C,

T=1 if B*R is equal to or greater than 1. T=0 IF B*R is 0

E only counts up kills if T is equal to 1.

(B*R)+[(E*T).002]=C

So it would be amount of without a spawn time your base spawn chance. With a minimum times of unless you just killed the special spawn, in which case it would show up as 0.

Base spawn chance is 0.3% chance of an additional pay out. (can be tweaked up or down)

Example of how this should work out. Keep in mind this is all just a scenario. You have gone 2 rounds and killed 150 enemies and have not gotten a special spawn.

It would be (.3*2)+[(150*1).002]= 0.9% chance of a special spawn. There for the more you kill the more likely of a reward you will receive. How ever you don’t fail at the mission if you choose not to kill things.The point of this game type is so that frames that are not built for just mass amount of killing can still be used and enjoyed in this game type. The whole idea is just to live and enjoy the game as long as you can. There is incentive to killing more enemies, however if you just want to relax and roam you can as well. This also incentives you to play longer as well. For the longer you play the better the pay out on the special spawns.

Also this would be a new node on planets. not a stand alone game area. This node would only appear as a possibility if all other nodes on the planet where completed. 

One could also change the formula for the spawns that the more you kill the higher the chance you get a spawn, how ever, kills count less the more you have. similar to the armor formula.

Also started a reddit post as well. that can be found here

Edited by crazycmc

one could also argue that regular pay out should only be A and possibly B because of how easy it is to achieve with the set pay Spawns.

also spawn lvls of set spawns and enemy spawns should be higher than the current spawn lvls of enemies. So it would have like a 1.5X to it's level. So if enemies around where level 10 the set spawn and special spawn would be a level 15. So it would be a boss enemy of sorts. 

Edited by crazycmc

24 minutes ago, crazycmc said:

There is incentive to killing more enemies, however if you just want to relax and roam you can as well. This also incentives you to play longer as well.

The problem with this is that it doesn't take long to explore a whole map for the node; i regularly do this with spy missions in ~10-15 minutes on average.

To keep people from becoming bored with the same map, why not make it after every C rotation you move to a new map. This way even if you stay longer you won't get bored from the same map for long periods of time AND the players get to choose when to trigger said map rotation which will also refresh the breakables on the map, adding extra incentives to stay longer and explore the whole map as there is more loot to gather.

1 minute ago, AndouRaiton said:

The problem with this is that it doesn't take long to explore a whole map for the node; i regularly do this with spy missions in ~10-15 minutes on average.

To keep people from becoming bored with the same map, why not make it after every C rotation you move to a new map. This way even if you stay longer you won't get bored from the same map for long periods of time AND the players get to choose when to trigger said map rotation which will also refresh the breakables on the map, adding extra incentives to stay longer and explore the whole map as there is more loot to gather.

A great idea in theory, how ever harder to implement. Right now the closest thing we have is the simulacrum, that only has one room per area. I am no expert or have much of an idea on how hard it would be. This is just supposed to be a more low key survival. One that doesn't have a rush on it. For easy fun grinding.  

4 minutes ago, crazycmc said:

A great idea in theory, how ever harder to implement.

An idea i had was make it that there is a "Boarding Room" (Those ones in Invasion missions which bring you between the ships by being fired out of a cannon). This is already in the game so it wouldn't be too hard to implement. Just say that there is a target of interest on a ship that is near by and send yourself to that new ship when C rotation is complete (could say "it will take time for the ship to arrive in a desired location and time to hack and arm the boarding cannons").

Another thought that has come to mind as i have been dwelling on this particular mission type is the alarm system and stealth kills. This is a space ninja game after all. So i have already posted my formula on how i think the special spawns should work. (B*R)+[(E*T).002]=C. E at the moment just equals the total number of enemies killed. why not have Enemies killed have its own equation behind it. So not every enemy killed is equal. 

E= (S*4)+N

where N=normal kills/alerted kills and S=stealth kills. 

this way you incentives people to be stealthy. Thus different play styles can get in on it. also teams vs solo play. both win. 

Also along that line (B*R)+[(E*T).002]=C need to be altered just slightly. I believe you spawn more enemies based upon the ammount of players on your team. So why not have every kill be be altered slightly different. so instead of E= (S*4)+N it would be E= [(S*4)+N]-(.1*p). I know I have that equation wrong. but the basis is that for every additional player you have on your team each kill is worth less. so a single player kills a unit, that unit is worth 100%. where as if you have 4 players on your team it is only worth 85* of a unit. So you would loose roughly 5% of a kill per each additional person so to speak. So if you took 2 people into a round it would be worth 95%, 3 people would be worth 90% per kill.

Edited by crazycmc

46 minutes ago, AndouRaiton said:

An idea i had was make it that there is a "Boarding Room" (Those ones in Invasion missions which bring you between the ships by being fired out of a cannon). This is already in the game so it wouldn't be too hard to implement. Just say that there is a target of interest on a ship that is near by and send yourself to that new ship when C rotation is complete (could say "it will take time for the ship to arrive in a desired location and time to hack and arm the boarding cannons").

I don't think that is quite how that mechanic works. I believe that is just a teleport to another part of the map on the same plane. I don't think it is actually a whole new map. just an inaccessible part only available via the transporter. It is all there at the start though. Same with the simulacrum. All the rooms are there at the start. Accessing them is only possible through the portals. 

1 hour ago, crazycmc said:

Same with the simulacrum. All the rooms are there at the start. Accessing them is only possible through the portals.

If you mean in SO/ESO, then no, they are loaded progressively when the portal opens; that's why some people lag like crazy when the portal appears, the ORDER of maps for ESO is determine before hand though. They could simply treat the "being fired from a cannon" as the loading screen to the next map in a similar why to the portals.

It would be a good idea for down the road. How ever with this survival it is just supposed to work on the same basis as the other survival with slight tweaks. One that wouldnt take much to implement, or make it harder for people to play. A slower game mode that would bennifit several play styles besides a dps rush.

Another point that I would love to put into this game type. An open alarm system. So the player/players can choose to hack and raise the alarm at will. So if you hack a console you could turn the alarm off or on. Enemy npc's would still be able to trigger the alarm. How ever lock downs would be impossible except for in cases where windows have been blown. This stops a manipulation of the system where people could lock themselves in a room for a while and not have to worry about npc's. This also opens up an avenue for stealth style teams and players to be able to put their techniques to better use. An endless steal possibility.

Also total kills. I have an addition equation. this is coming from (B*R)+[(E*T).002]=C where the E in the equation was total enemies.
E=total count of enemies, S=stealth kills or undetected kills, A=alerted kills(when alarm is on or the enemy is alerted to where you are at), A=searching kills.
E=[(4S)+(2A)+A]
the reason i want it to look like this is so we insensitive people using stealth in an endless. When you are running alarms enemies will flock to you so you don't have find them. This would in essence turn it into a dps race again. I want to step away from that. I want to reward other forms of game play. Therefore rewarding stealth kills in this manner would actually bring about some very interesting team comps and play styles. Where instead of a mad rush through you calculate more. These numbers are not fixed and can be altered by DE.

Also I tentatively figured out what should spawn based upon faction for said bosses basically as well as some multipliers on them for their additional levels. The names i pulled up off the wiki. these would be classes of units. Also apologize for anything miss done at this point. I got called to work a grave last night and am now doing this on no sleep for over 24 hours. 

Grineer

rotation A=light/medium unit

Rotation B= medium/heavy unit

Rotation c= heavy/boss unit

Corpus

Rotation A= basic crewman/walkers

Rotation B= Busra's/ Comba/ scrambus

Rotation C= Ambulas/Hyenapack/boses

Infested

Rotation A= Walkers/Crawlers

Rotation B= Moa's/ brood mother/Boiler (this would also include what spawned from the brood mother and boiler if possible. 

Rotation C= ancients/juggernaut

Level multiplier to these bosses varies upon if they are a special/mutated spawn or a Set/normal Spawn. The number indicated Is a multiplier to the current spawn level of enemies.

Set/Normal spawn

Rotation A=1.2

Rotation B=1.35

Rotation C=1.5

For Special/ Mutated spawns

Rotation A=1.1

Rotation B=1.2

Rotation C=1.3

yo may wonder why i have special spawns at a lower curve than higher. This has to do with when they can spawn. Also i would not like them to have as high as a peak so that it is more rewarding when you are able to spawn them in. 

vor 6 Stunden schrieb crazycmc:

Can i get a dev to delete this post of me please. I want to hide some of the figures i have  put up trying to start the discussion about it.

With all respects to your idea, why do you want this to get deleted if you want DE to see it?

This might be the only place where they might look at it.

Are you afraid someone "steals your idea" and takes credit for it?

And even if so, why would that be a problem, do you actually think you get money for this or something?^^ (serious question)

Zitat

I am going to try and hopefully present this to DE soon.

What exactly do you expect?

That they invite you to a talk or something?

Sry to burst your bubble, but chances for that are even lower than the chances for an additional payout in your gamemode 😉

Considering your idea, i dont really see the value of this gamemode.

Its just some sort of survival with bosses that are not really bosses and no life-support.

I have seen better concepts for missions with recurring boss-fights for ESO for example, and none of those have been recognized by DE so far.

The fact that you added some formulas for the spawns doesnt make this idea better.

I wouldn't expect a pay out. Well none of monetary value anyway. More just the opportunity to play the game mode would be all i would need. The extra pay out is something that could go beyond just this game mode. we all ready kind of do. 

As for not seeing the value, that is fine. I would ask you to actually look at all the different ways you could play this mode though. What would you do if there was no life support to contend with? 

I want this thread removed simply so the extra boss mechanic isn't showing up. Would love for it to be a hidden bonus not to be revealed until after it is released. 

The great thing about this game mode is that it is design for digitial extremes is, it doesn't take a ton of new to create it. It runs off of current mechanics for the most part but makes something new and fresh. something the game really needs actually. I have a presentation for DE to sell the idea for them to want to put it down. You know business. I am also creating a presentation to put up on youtube. Forums are great and all, How ever the presentation is lack luster. 

Perhaps an alternative could be an survival mission type where you start out in a basic survival continue on to do all mission types in one go. Sounds kinds weird when i say it out loud but it makes a certain amount of in game sense seeing as the Tenno were created to be able to work for long periods of time behind enemy lines and it could add more verity beyond endlessly just squaring up against endless waves of the same thing.