Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Joe_Barbarian

Is DE playing stalker mode ? Edit: DE is putting in an Opt-out so chill

So last night we had a stalker that completely ignored the normal routine of: come in make the magic ball go slap someone in the face. He started to parkour around the map not chasing a player and all 4 of us got the same pop up stalker message. It was unnatural behaviour, it looked like it was player controlled, so unless stalker has finally changed things up I'm suspecting DE is literally playing with us.

Most likely. They are fine tuning the mode for a release this year. Probably working out the kinks. 

... eh... DE is planning to launch Stalker mode for everyone.

This probably was some sort of unannounced test, nothing more. DE needs to experiment with the mode before launching it.

I remember Rebecca using Stalker mode in a Stream on a Group in Mot. She ran around activating all the life supports :'D 

Having watched the recent Prime Time when then played with it again, it certainly sounds like it. Probably some pre-release testing - or just a bored dev having a bit of fun.

Lucky you.

Just kill it before it experiment more.

Can't wait to leave the mission as soon as Stalker spawns just to inflict aHost Migration / Connection Lost to anyone using this Stalker Mode if it ever makes it live. :smile:

3 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

Can't wait to leave the mission as soon as Stalker spawns just to inflict aHost Migration / Connection Lost to anyone using this Stalker Mode if it ever makes it live. :smile:

Not sure if you're trying to be funny and joking or you are really chickening out from a 4 on 1 fight.

5 minutes ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

Not sure if you're trying to be funny and joking or you are really chickening out from a 4 on 1 fight.

Not chickening, I'm just hating everything that is PvP related, and everyone who will be playing Stalker Mode is probably some loser hoping to get free kills on low MR newcomers, or trolls trying to destroy Defense objectives.

And that'll be my very personal way of telling DE they really didn't need to bring PvP in this PvE-only wonderful game that is Warframe. PvP is toxic and some bullS#&$ like that can only bring this game down without bringing anything positive (as you said, it can't even transform Stalker into a challenge).

1 minute ago, Chewarette said:

Not chickening, I'm just hating everything that is PvP related, and everyone who will be playing Stalker Mode is probably some loser hoping to get free kills on low MR newcomers, or trolls trying to destroy Defense objectives.

And that'll be my very personal way of telling DE they really didn't need to bring PvP in this PvE-only wonderful game that is Warframe.

So you're going to punish upto 4 other players for DE decisions in your protest. Mate you'll be taking it out on the wrong people. And to automatically assume that:
1) it'll be compulsory.
2) that players get to choose who they target.

Talk about toxic behaviour.

I do hope that before they launch the mode they remove any of the trollish nonsense about being able to sabotage missions by attacking objectives and using up life support pods. If nothing else, that just looks pathetic on the Stalker. 

“Yeah, Stalker attacked me yesterday. Showed up with a menacing message and then couldn’t actually fight, just ran around trying to be annoying. So sad. Someone should ask that guy if he’s doing ok.”

Just now, NotDealwithitdog said:

i mean they've said there won't be an option to opt out because then everyone would just opt out

Never trust something that is still in development, always wait until it's released.

9 minutes ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

So you're going to punish upto 4 other players for DE decisions in your protest. Mate you'll be taking it out on the wrong people. And to automatically assume that:
1) it'll be compulsory.
2) that players get to choose who they target.

Talk about toxic behaviour.

Well, of course the players won't be able to chose their targets. But they'll be able to see the players, so they'll quickly assume whether they're high level or not, and their setup. And they'll probably leave if they find themselves in a MR26 full group with Mesas and Mirages.

And no, I'm not going to punish 4 players. Only 3 (max), in fact, because the Stalker will likely be a PvP-guy trying to annoy honest people just trying to have fun. I'm not considering this guy as a "player", just an "annoyance" like an Ancient Healer or something.

So yes, I'll either disconnect/leave (kinda violent I agree) or start downloading like crazy (this may be even more fun, as host I won't suffer from 2k ms while everyone else will).

Seeing your reaction just comforts me though, seems like people were impatient to annoy other players without any consequences. Don't complain when I decide to annoy you back.

6 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

Well, of course the players won't be able to chose their targets. But they'll be able to see the players, so they'll quickly assume whether they're high level or not, and their setup. And they'll probably leave if they find themselves in a MR26 full group with Mesas and Mirages.

And no, I'm not going to punish 4 players. Only 3 (max), in fact, because the Stalker will likely be a PvP-guy trying to annoy honest people just trying to have fun.

So yes, I'll either disconnect/leave (kinda violent I agree) or start downloading like crazy (this may be even more fun, as host I won't suffer from 2k ms while everyone else will).

Seeing your reaction just comforts me though, seems like people were impatient to annoy other players without any consequences. Don't complain when I decide to annoy you back.

4 players, lets do some math. 4 players in a squad + 1 Stalker = 5 Players, you are 1 of them so it'll be you and 4 other players. If you rage quit then you will be leaving 3 of your squad members with 1 stalker so 3+1 = 4.

DE spoke about a possible stalker syndicate, so if that reaches the game then there will be a reason to come in and fight.

Well I hope DE monitor behaviour such as yours so they can deal with it appropriately because ruining other players game intentionally because you want to throw your toys out of the buggy should have it's punishments. So please take some time to reflect and reconsider this toxic behaviour you're proposing on implementing.

20 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

And that'll be my very personal way of telling DE they really didn't need to bring PvP in this PvE-only wonderful game that is Warframe. PvP is toxic and some bullS#&$ like that can only bring this game down without bringing anything positive (as you said, it can't even transform Stalker into a challenge).

To be honest you sound like a toxic person...

33 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

INB4 "Fixed using host migrations to evade stalker invasions". 

The mode is optional, and if you will personally enable it to punish other players using host migrations, you will just be reported for griefing from the squad's perspective.

7 minutes ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

Well I hope DE monitor behaviour such as yours so they can deal with it appropriately because ruining other players game intentionally because you want to throw your toys out of the buggy should have it's punishments. So please take some time to reflect and reconsider this toxic behaviour you're proposing on implementing.

And of course, any player Stalkers who attempt to sabotage missions or to grief by attacking objectives, wasting life support, setting off Spy Vault alarms, and most especially any attempt at harassment via chat or message will also be “dealt with appropriately”, yes? This is something you agree with?

I dunno, but IF I was a troll, I reckon I'd be warmed by host migrations cos you know you got to someone. And you didn't even have to try. 

1 minute ago, BornWithTeeth said:

And of course, any player Stalkers who attempt to sabotage missions or to grief by attacking objectives, wasting life support, setting off Spy Vault alarms, and most especially any attempt at harassment via chat or message will also be “dealt with appropriately”, yes? This is something you agree with?

I am certain DE will disable interaction with objectives. The point of Stalker is to assassinate a player, nothing else. Nobody will enable stalker mode if another user can completely ruin a mission. Everyone can agree that it would be extremely toxic to do that, and DE knows that.

I don't get this hostility against the Stalker mode. And not because I think it would be hilariously fun (at both ends), but because at the end of the day, it changes nothing, fighting against a player controlled Stalker. 

If you are full geared up, you'll cheese it anyway. If you are leveling a load of unranked stuff, even the bot can turn you into a pile of ash.

And I'm sure they'll introduce a system that won't allow trolling.

2 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Two wrong's don't make anything right. Of course, if someone is griefing using the stalker mode they should be dealt with as well but I don't see anyone posting thats what they are going to intentionally do to other people, do you?