Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is DE playing stalker mode ? Edit: DE is putting in an Opt-out so chill

Joe_Barbarian

42 minutes ago, Corvid said:

Stalker can't show up in Assassination missions. Best you could help with would be a miniboss like the Lynx.

Stalker Mode can. Or at least in its present state.

On a recent prime time, they used stalker mode to help kill Salad V described.

8 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

I don't mind if they want to add extra stuff (although I'd prefer more normal maps on each planet), I just wish they'd prioritise fixing the damn bugs/issues and/or finish they things they've already started instead of just 'ignoring the problems' and adding in something else. 

From a personal perspective I see no reason for this to be added (thank god it's optional, at least that's one good thing), I've never been interested in conclave after trying it and seeing how poorly designed PvP is but because this is a syndicate I'm fully expecting (even though most don't want this) something exclusive behind it to 'force participation'.

The people creating this and the people fixing bugs and issues are not the same people.

meaning both can be done at the same time.

developers have different teams working on different aspects of the game, so the introduction of this feature has no bearing on the existing bugs and issues being a thing.

And just because you see no reason for it and will opt out, doesn't mean everyone will.

I will give it a go myself, and I'll likely opt out once I've had enough of people going full sweaty stalker mode and killing me 1 too many times, but until that time I will welcome this feature and I will always welcome different things to do.

Edited by BaIthazar
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tzolkat said:

Which raises the technical question of how... partial rollout of support for the mode to public builds while full access is still only on dev build?

It's been deep in the game for years, DE showed off stalker mode messing with people back at tennocon 2017. 

9 minutes ago, rune_me said:

Anytime DE introduces something new, someone will think that they're wasting their time developing it. 

Fun fact: I thought that they were wasting their time making Fortuna. Different strokes for different people, and all that.

True, but I think there is less disparity between PvE players disagreeing over that type of content and that which exists between PvE and PvP players. :wink:

The best possible answer is why they trying to add pvp is because the human controlled opponent is far more advanced than any AI in this game and much cheaper to implement it. It can be fun if they implement right but it can be terrible also if they messing up with the balances.

I personally don't mind this because this is the less bad the greater bad is reading content drought threads and never ending cries on there is no proper endgame and literally not a single veteran pleased and can be pleased. Making a good pvp part is essencial to keep the game challenging and interesting also it is a good way to measure your skills. 

Of course it depends on the mentality because many does not like the pvp at all while others are content and anothers just wants so badly.

Also this thread is not so constructive.

• Like 5

I honestly have no idea why they decided to implement it or any of the other pvp modes. I guess you can give them the benefit of the doubt the first two times they make some PvP content, cos you never know. But when you've failed 4 times already on both dedicated and side PvP projects (one even being shut down) I really wonder what DE are thinking.

If 3 times a charm didnt work, the 5th try will not bring about any change either.

Also it will be lovely to play Stalker mode with the matchmaking and top notch stability of WF peer-to-peer. /s

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SneakyErvin said:

3 times a charm didnt work, the 5th try will not bring about any change either.

it's almost as if there's a confetti of inspirational ideas and everybody at DE does their own thing when they are inspired to do so. Unfortunately then all you get is incomplete projects, abandoned projects and a bunch of implemented ideas that really have no cohesiveness. This is all just become way too common place. 

hace 51 minutos, (XB1)RDeschain82 dijo:

I'm sincerely asking, someone help me understand.

When the majority of the player base (I assume) plays this game for the PvE. Why waste time and resources on yet another PvP mode in which (I'm certain) the majority of the player base will opt-out of? And will mostly be dead on arrival. Seems like yet another giant waste of time and company resources. 

Wouldn't time and resources be better spent else where? For example instead of working on a Stalker PvP mode, how bout a Stalker/Acolyte quest/cinematic. Some Stalker lore, example: what happened to the Stalker after second dream? Who knows? Seems like a good opportunity right there.

I think at least that would be more constructive for Warframe than yet another PvP mode barley anyone will play. 

Thoughts? 

1) Because there are people that want this.

2) Because it´s a great idea, my only hope it´s that DE continue developing and not rush, and finally do something specific for this audience and not try catter everybody, because no matter the hater gonna hate. 

3) Because with mistakes i love that DE try to put new perspectives to the game. 

4) Because DE need to stop listen the community, because the community show that not have idea that want with this game. If always DE need  learn of bioware it´s that copy that is suceed in other games it´s more important that try to maintain a game listen everybody. 

5) I see you post, and you say that anthem it´s like 1000 times better than warframe, so, this is a strategic reason because anthem don´t have pvp. So yeah i prefer that DE listen the people that want support their game, and not people that advertised a different game in their forums. Simple and fair. 

• Like 2

Because apparently 4 failed PVP attempts wasn't enough.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)robi191291 said:

1) Because there are people that want this.

There are people who want them to cease making new content too - yeah, I've seen them.  Just because a small group of people wants something isn't a good reason to cater to them.

• Like 1

hace 8 minutos, (PS4)lagrue dijo:

Because apparently 4 failed PVP attempts wasn't enough.

There are people who want them to cease making new content too - yeah, I've seen them.  Just because a small group of people wants something isn't a good reason to cater to them.

Why not? What happen we are prescindible? And not only in the actual community, include people that star in the game but leave because miss something like this, ex-players, and people that never show interest in the game because it´s only pve. 

For me it´s fair, like +20 updates for pve and only one for pvp. 

And DE need to start to understand that raids, conclave, rails, with a little portion of the community are great for the game. It´s people playing the game, people happy that can spend money in the game. What happen when you neglected this guys for the majority that you lose this guys, you lose their money, and gonna lose the other guys, because the people say one thing and after do other. 

And like i said, DE need time to develop, then judge if it´s good. Probably one day boring, you or other play the stalker mode and maybe love it. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, BaIthazar said:

The people creating this and the people fixing bugs and issues are not the same people.

You're right they may not be the same people but they are people who COULD be working on fixing the issues instead of working on this new game mode.  As I said DE should be prioritising fixing the bugs and finishing EXISTING content over adding new game modes. 

I'm still waiting on them coming back to arbitrations and act on our feedback (most of which was basically ditch the doubled duration/rotations) like they said they would for example...

1 minute ago, (PS4)robi191291 said:

Ignoring the fact it's not that number.... there's like a 99:1 ratio of PvE players to PvP players.... too much effort is given to a game mode that hardly anyone is interested in.

Edited by LSG501

6 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

You're right they may not be the same people but they are people who COULD be working on fixing the issues instead of working on this new game mode.  As I said DE should be prioritising fixing the bugs and finishing EXISTING content over adding new game modes. 

I'm still waiting on them coming back to arbitrations and act on our feedback (most of which was basically ditch the doubled duration/rotations) like they said they would for example...

The mode was made previously and functional since 2017 tennocon. The only work left to do was mostly the "how do we give it to the players" part.

So it's not a real complaint that it's taking too many resources away from anything.

Edited by Firetempest
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

Because I love this game. And some of the direction it takes doesn't make any sense. 

This is a bit contradictory teeth, I'm sorry.. It's wasted resources. No more no less. 

Not everyone working for the company is an identical and interchangeable unit of labour. It’s not like a strategy game where you can just click to reallocate workers seamlessly from one project to another. 

Which is basically my way of saying that it’s not as simple as saying “Stop programming Stalker mode and work on fixing bugs instead!” For starters, DE do fix bugs. As a matter of fact, due to the way updates work, PC players typically face more bugs in the process of being fixed than console players do.

In any case, the small amount of resources it takes to monitor the mode sounds like it might be worth it for those who enjoy it. 

Again, people playing this mode are not negatively affecting your game. The mode cannot screw up your experience, and canceling the mode altogether will not somehow bring you a fresh update of new content that much faster.

Let it be, man. See how it works out.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)robi191291 said:

Why not? What happen we are prescindible? And not only in the actual community, include people that star in the game but leave because miss something like this, ex-players, and people that never show interest in the game because it´s only pve. 

And DE need to start to understand that raids, conclave, rails, with a little portion of the community are great for the game. It´s people playing the game, people happy that can spend money in the game. What happen when you neglected this guys for the majority that you lose this guys, you lose their money, and gonna lose the other guys, because the people say one thing and after do other. 

And like i said, DE need time to develop, then judge if it´s good. Probably one day boring, you or other play the stalker mode and maybe love it. 

You never make content to fit 1% or less of your playerbase, especially not when you are a F2P game. DE has done it too many times already, jumping the wagon of game modes popular in other games. They key words there are "other games" because the modes work in those but not in WF. We dont play WF to get what we can get in other games, we play WF because it is WF and it is unique.

Raids and PvP dont fit in the game, the lack of use of those modes shows that several times over. There is no revenue to be made from those modes, so simply ignoring them would be beneficial to DE. Releasing good modes for the majority of players would be the best thing to do, because it would attract most of those that wants raids or PvP in the game aswell. Those few that play/played WF for just the PvP or Raids are an extreme minority, one you can probably count on your two hands.

Edited by SneakyErvin

7 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

The mode was made previously and functional since 2017 tennocon. The only work left to do was mostly the "how do we give it to the players". 

So it's not a real complaint that it's taking too many resources away from anything.

Actually you could argue that bit is the biggest consumer of time/coding...

At 2017 tennocon (and most streams since) it was basically activate mode (likely dev hack rather than clean 'bug free' code), pick a map and go hunt some one.   No concerns over standing, rewards, how it will interact with the mission (devs could interact but mainly didn't), what would happen with a host migration (we already know that's going to happen as some have said they'll do it), power balance (can see the threads about OP or weak stalker already)....and I'm sure you've experienced the immortal stalker which can't die at some point in the game.. that would be fun in stalker mode wouldn't it.

Either way, the fact it's needing additional coding means that time is being taken away from things like bug fixing and finishing existing things, which imo is far more important than a new game mode.

Edited by LSG501

1 hour ago, Sean said:

Yep, there will still have to be maintenance done to it after it is implemented that will further take away from areas that would be more beneficial.

Frame Fighters is the best example of this.

• A project that was done as something on the "side"
  • Something that most of the community knew would end up with a lower player activity than even conclave
  • Still requires steady maintenance even though it has even less people playing it than Conclave

I would play frame fighter more, but the lag is horrendous, and the game is bugged.

However, there are people who are only here for over, but there are people who would like a good PvP mode, there's been plenty of posts all over the internet looking for a good PvP mode, honestly I feel they should just polish Dark Sector's PvP mode and run with it.

I'm not against PvP by any means, but when your main component to a game is as bugged as it is, any "spare time" should be dedicated to fixing that instead, especially end game components.

hace 2 minutos, SneakyErvin dijo:

You never make content to fit 1% or less of your playerbase, especially not when you are a F2P game. DE has done it too many times already, jumping the wagon of game modes popular in other games. They key words there are "other games" because the modes work in those but not in WF. We dont play WF to get what we can get in other games, we play WF because it is WF and it is unique.

Raids and PvP dont fit in the game, the lack of use of those modes shows that several times over. There is no revenue to be made from those modes, so simply ignoring them would be beneficial to DE. Releasing good modes for the majority of players would be the best thing to do, because it would attract most of those that wants raids or PvP in the game aswell. Those few that play/played WF for just the PvP or Raids are an extreme minority, one you can probably count on your two hands.

DE create a lot of things for everybody. Not work. The people have different taste, so the people need different things, we not are clones my friend, for example i am a lore nerd, the sacrifice for me it´s the most important update in the game, for others it´s dissapointed. People said that fortuna it´s bad, for me only need more missions, and it´s incredible because the lore is superior. Poetry. 

So yeah this community have a portion that want lore, other endgame, other fashion frame, other endurance missions, other pvp, other open worlds, the secret it´s try to sattisfied all, not only one portion, and if one part it´s small do things to attract more. If you catter always the same, you only retain the same, not grow.  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

it's almost as if there's a confetti of inspirational ideas and everybody at DE does their own thing when they are inspired to do so. Unfortunately then all you get is incomplete projects, abandoned projects and a bunch of implemented ideas that really have no cohesiveness. This is all just become way too common place. 

Well what do you expect from a collective of hippies and stoners, who openly chug beer during live streams? :laugh:

Just now, FlusteredFerret said:

Well what do you expect from a collective of hippies and stoners, who openly chug beer during live streams? :laugh:

Well, one of the positive effects is the general sense of affection that the community has for DE, which is slightly unusual for games dev. We seem to have a tendency to think of DE as this bunch of lovable goofs who make our fun game, instead of anonymous devs and corporate spokespeople.

They're not really wasting time or resources on it. Stalker Mode has existed for quite some time already; a DE staff member decided to try and make it for fun and they did, now, after it existing for more than a year on their end, they're polishing it up for release to the players.

The infrastructure and code for it isn't new in the grand scheme of things, I really doubt they're pulling teams and teams away from Railjack or The New War or Fortuna in order to work on it. 

They didn't stop one day and say "hey let's develop this completely new gamemode and put a halt on other development for it."

In the case of stalker mode, it was a "let's see if it's something that can be done" side project, a hobby even, and turns out it could, and it wound up being extremely fun, as Papa Stalker (Rebecca) demonstrated on prime time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Corvid said:

Stalker can't show up in Assassination missions. Best you could help with would be a miniboss like the Lynx.

Normal Stalker can't.  In the last Primetime where the devs showed off Stalker Mode, Rebecca ended up in an Assassination mission against Raptor.  She was one-shotting Raptor and then trying to pick up the explosives.  (Not sure why she picked that mode, but she didn't want to grief the squad she invaded when they were already in the middle of a boss fight.)

9 minutes ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

What will the default setting be? 

There's a reason why Facebook didnt want its services on sharing private data to be an opt-in feature on their Senate hearing. People are less likely to opt out than opt in.

Ballpark figures, what do you reckon? Everyone signs in after the update, gets an inbox message telling them they have to choose in or out via settings?

I agree that the default makes a big difference, but I’m curious what kinda percentage you might expect would choose ‘In’ if the default is out vs those who would go and select ‘Out’ if the default is in?