Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is DE playing stalker mode ? Edit: DE is putting in an Opt-out so chill

Joe_Barbarian

5 minutes ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

I know right, I didn't even need to fan the flames on this one xD

While your original intentions were good, the topic itself is one of strong feelings for most.  Especially given the how much it has come up lately on this forum.  

22 minutes ago, carbman95 said:

'I don't wont people ruining my game, so I can't wait to ruin theirs(i don't care that i'm ruining the game for other non-stalker players too)'
Stalker players MAY be toxic, but we now know you ARE. 

It's more like "You've come into my house uninvited, so I have every right to make life as unpleasant for you as possible until you leave".

4 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

While your original intentions were good, the topic itself is one of strong feelings for most.  Especially given the how much it has come up lately on this forum.  

Well it's already been said that DE is putting an opt-out, so most of these strong feelings are just misplaced. As I said on the first page, you can never trust something that is still in development, players should always wait until it's released. Those that don't wait make threads like these hilarious 

• Like 1

Just now, Joe_Barbarian said:

Well it's already been said that DE is putting an opt-out, so most of these strong feelings are just misplaced. As I said on the first page, you can never trust something that is still in development, players should always wait until it's released. Those that don't wait make threads like these hilarious 

It is also reasonable to speculate that part of the reason DE will/might make the mode optional is the noted pushback from the community.

Just now, BornWithTeeth said:

It is also reasonable to speculate that part of the reason DE will/might make the mode optional is the noted pushback from the community.

If any part of this push back is anything like what has been exhibited in this thread I honestly don't blame DE. But DE should make a stern reminder to players to be constructive and not a toxic bunch of cry babies.

1 minute ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

If any part of this push back is anything like what has been exhibited in this thread I honestly don't blame DE. But DE should make a stern reminder to players to be constructive and not a toxic bunch of cry babies.

I am not sure whether you saw some of the threads from after the first Stalker preview, but let me assure you that those threads saw such an explosion of toxic behaviour that I would not be surprised if it caused DE to strongly reassess their priorities for PvP development.

Looking back, the source of most of that toxicity at the time was pro-Stalker players responding with irrational fury to the suggestion of making the mode opt in/out.

Originally it was stated that the mode would be forced.  Various topics came up objecting to this.  Hence the feedback from those posts has effected the direction of the mode while its still in development.  

There are some things where you can see the potential effects without having to be shipped first.  This is not always the case, but sometimes it is.  

Reading the last 4 pages all I could think of was this

Again, you may choose not to believe me if you want, but my go to example of dreadful forum conduct was an advocate of Stalker mode who responded to the suggestion of making the mode optional by saying that anyone who would opt out should be sent to Iraq, to dodge gunfire for real. Presumably with the idea being to force people who don't like PvP to come back from Iraq saying "Well, now I've been shot at for real, so I guess I might as well play PvP, huh."

That's not a hypothetical. Sadly, the post got nuked by a mod before I could screencap it, otherwise I'd basically be posting that screencap in every one on of these threads, with the helpful message: Don't be this guy.

Just now, BornWithTeeth said:

Again, you may choose not to believe me if you want, but my go to example of dreadful forum conduct was an advocate of Stalker mode who responded to the suggestion of making the mode optional by saying that anyone who would opt out should be sent to Iraq, to dodge gunfire for real. Presumably with the idea being to force people who don't like PvP to come back from Iraq saying "Well, now I've been shot at for real, so I guess I might as well play PvP, huh."

That's not a hypothetical. Sadly, the post got nuked by a mod before I could screencap it, otherwise I'd basically be posting that screencap in every one on of these threads, with the helpful message: Don't be this guy.

Two wrongs doesn't make anything right. Doesn't matter if you're against the opt-out or for it. Being toxic about either isn't being constructive. I personally don't care, I'm willing to try it out and see what it's like if DE mess up then off it goes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

Two wrongs doesn't make anything right. Doesn't matter if you're against the opt-out or for it. Being toxic about either isn't being constructive. I personally don't care, I'm willing to try it out and see what it's like if DE mess up then off it goes.

Two wrongs indeed do not make a right...but raising one's voice about one's concerns absolutely helps DE know what's going on in the community.

And my God, were pro-Stalker advocates vicious and unpleasant about wanting anyone who had those concerns to just shut up.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Chewarette said:

Not chickening, I'm just hating everything that is PvP related, and everyone who will be playing Stalker Mode is probably some loser hoping to get free kills on low MR newcomers, or trolls trying to destroy Defense objectives.

And that'll be my very personal way of telling DE they really didn't need to bring PvP in this PvE-only wonderful game that is Warframe. PvP is toxic and some bullS#&$ like that can only bring this game down without bringing anything positive (as you said, it can't even transform Stalker into a challenge).

Have you ever watched PvP. The stalker has almost 0% chance vs most frames and your running. You and 3 others vs a bad pvp frame and you run damn dude.

2 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Two wrongs indeed do not make a right...but raising one's voice about one's concerns absolutely helps DE know what's going on in the community.

And my God, were pro-Stalker advocates vicious and unpleasant about wanting anyone who had those concerns to just shut up.

Let's just drop this "Their toxic screeching was louder than this toxic screeching!" okay?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, SilentMobius said:

It was DE Scott's opinion, it's be confirmed since then (In the DC) that there will be an opt-out.

What I want to know is, as far as matchmaking, will this split the community in half or whatever ratio is opted in/out?  If not then if 3 people are opted out and 1 in, if that one gets a stalker spawn is ther a chance it could be another player since he's opted in? 

Will ther still be natural stalker npc spawns or will they lock him into a game mode most dont want to play much like conclave and its cosmetics.

I dont have the most faith that this will be handled properly and cant help but think it will just create more problems than not.

1 hour ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Mate.

Please. Read the room a little.

This thread’s really been one of the most civil and friendly Stalker mode topics to date.

I'm cutting out the middle man and getting to the heart of the matter.  Civil or no, nothing good will come of this.  

Just because it's sugar coated doesn't make it better tasting.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Chewarette said:

Can't wait to leave the mission as soon as Stalker spawns just to inflict aHost Migration / Connection Lost to anyone using this Stalker Mode if it ever makes it live. :smile:

I would be very careful in doing this if I were you. Such behavior could be classified as griefing, and griefing violates the rules. Actively doing it and encouraging it could result in punishments being levied against your account and all others participating in such activities.

Or, you could opt to not violate the rules and not grief by simply opting out of invasions.

That the whole thing is opt-in/out is already a good thing. That will prevent the entirety of the game to turn into a direction that makes it unappealing. The solar rails conflict being a good example. It was an unbalanced mess and heavily rewarded the big alliances who ran it like a cartel and those not in them got taxed to hell.

I'm in the same boat as DatDarkOne, having played games in the past that were ruined because the devs jumped on the pvp bandwagon and made everything worse. Adding pvp does not automatically make a game better, it depends on the dev's skill and experience on how to make pvp good. And in this, I have no faith in DE. Not trying to bust their chops here but this Stalker thing is like... their 6th attempt at pvp? That doesn't exactly inspire confidence.  Every attempt had people looking forward to them with "this is gonna be great!".  Well.... they weren't.  Why would it be different this time?  It's kinda hard to disprove such a hard pattern.

And the older Warframe ages, the more rooted the dedicated player base establishes itself as a pure PVE player base.  The number of players they expect that will also want to play pvp will never really grow into a size-able number that will really matter. Had conclave as we know it today been released on day 1 when Warframe was still in its infancy, things would've ended up completely different. It's all about timing and the timing for pvp to gain traction was simply far too late.

BUT... we're all speculating about something that isn't out yet. It can go in any direction. Good, bad or ugly. No matter how it turns out, as long as it doesn't influence the rest of the game or forces it upon others it's all fine by me. Whatever unique rewards it gives, people will farm them and go back to "content drought" chanting as always. 😄

11 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

I would be very careful in doing this if I were you. Such behavior could be classified as griefing, and griefing violates the rules. Actively doing it and encouraging it could result in punishments levied against your account and all others participating in such activities.

Or, you could opt to not violate the rules and not grief by simply opting out of invasions.

To be honest, in my opinion DE is doing the griefing by adding in such a controversial game mode in a PVE game.  People leaving missions will be a indirect consequence of DE implementing said Stalker mode and should be prepared to accept those consequences.  Its ther game to better or ruin now isn't it?  I would think it could only be griefing if a player went in with the intent for the stalker to spawn just so they could abort.  Being as how random stalker is that dousnt seem likely, especially if opt in/out actually works.  

Any newly introduced pvp game mode should be put in conclave where pvp belongs

Edited by (PS4)Ashagin

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Ashagin said:

To be honest, in my opinion DE is doing the griefing by adding in such a controversial game mode in a PVE game.  People leaving missions will be a indirect consequence of DE implementing said Stalker mode and should be prepared to accept those consequences.  Its ther game to better or ruin now isn't it?  I would think it could only be griefing if a player went in with the intent for the stalker to spawn just so they could abort.  Being as how random stalker is that dousnt seem likely, especially if opt in/out actually works.  

Any newly introduced pvp game mode should put in conclave where pvp belongs

Adding the mode and making it optional is a totally fine way to do this. If the mode turns out to just encourage horrible griefing, then all players need to do is switch it off, and if DE notice that everyone's switching it off to avoid harassment, they can take steps to curb that kind of nonsense.

I have concerns about the mode, but they are almost entirely assuaged by making it optional, and I'm stating here (like I've said elsewhere) that I fully intend to have the mode switched on and give it a solid try.

However....

27 minutes ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

Let's just drop this "Their toxic screeching was louder than this toxic screeching!" okay?

Pretty sure that telling people they should be sent to Iraq to get actually, literally shot at is indeed louder toxic screeching than "I'll disconnect rather than do PvP, so there."

So...?

Look, I get what you're going for, and it would be great if dreadful arguments could just chill and stay in the past. But they won't.

I'd quite happily not have to deal with folks who are in favour of Stalker mode going berserk and screeching abuse at players who prefer to stick to PvE if the mode does indeed turn out to be optional, and yet I'm about 80% sure that that's what's gonna happen, and my feeling that way is directly rooted in the behaviour of those players back then. So, this will be the last time in this thread that I mention it or bring it up, but I most certainly will not forget.

Both of the things which I'm saying in this post can be true. I can be cautiously optimistic about the idea of the mode itself, while wary because of the horrible behaviour I've already seen from its loudest proponents.

Edited by BornWithTeeth