Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lecoral

Raids 2.0 ideas (endgame)

DISCLAIMER!!! THIS IS MERELY MY OWN THOUGHTS ON THIS SUBJECT (this post is targeted to veterans/dedicated players and devs)

First lets cover why what DE has made doesn't appeal to players as endgame. 

1. Challenge. Players need something challenging that requires teamwork and is not easily min-maxed. Arbitration and ESO both can be soloed with a good set up or easily cleared with a meta team comp because players knows what to expect and they do not have much other than swarming, high level or invincibility. 

2. Rewards. Bounties, events, game modes all have a standard drop table and once players have obtained the new mods/items/weapons etc the game mode doesn't really appeal to players anymore since they aren't getting anything worth their time.

3. Community. (this has quite a good amount of salt and frustrations) It is very annoying to recruit players and have to check their profiles etc to see if they even have the right gear or experience or are trust worthy enough to complete the mission especially for long runs and many times they just leave. Yes, things happen and that's fine but there are trolls out there who leave squads on purpose to sabotage missions and if the mission is time gated (tridolons) or only have limited tries (Arbitration). Clans/Alliance does help but that should not be the only way players can do such missions or spend time trying to find players in recruit chat only to be disappointed.(of course there's discord etc but a game shouldn't have to rely on third party)

My idea is to have bounty-like missions with modifiers but all tile sets are completely random and no changing of gear in between phases. Modifiers are just like sortie's (https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Sortie) and each phase will have a new modifier replace the previous one (if this is not enough challenge stacking modifiers are another option). Enemy levels are starting at 100 and goes to 160 and the entire raid has a time limit. If not completed by the time limit it will be considered a fail. Raids can only be attempted once per hour and there is a special raid's chat where you can select a few text like "I am hosting a raid {insert number players in squad}" "looking for a raid to join" and each player will have a way to tell how many raids another has completed and failed easily.

Phase 1, a spy mission from any tile set. (all 3 must be recovered)

Phase 2, mobile defense

Phase 3, capture a target with themed guards that must be defeated before capture target. Corpus with ambulas and hyena guards, Grineer with eximus elite unit squads (nox, heavy gunners, bombards, napalms etc), and corrupted with corrupted nullifiers, ancients and heavy gunners.

Phase 4. Search. Basically survival with the objective is to find an ayatan sculpture in the map (forced spawned and only one can spawn) and once collected by one of the players extraction is available.(doesn't have to be an ayatan, as long as it only appears on the mini map like a normal container)

Phase 5. Amalgamation boss fight. Basically 2 bosses from the same faction at the same time. Friendly fire for AI disabled, if either has not taken damage or had a status effect applied in the past 5 seconds, it will start to regenerate hp. (think something like captain vor and lech kril on extra,ceres)  

Reward list should have some permanent ones which are also more common with rotating ones once every 2 weeks (different week from baro to make things easier)

Suggested rewards:

Common drops: 15k Kuva, 25k standing tickets (works for any syndicate and does not count towards daily cap), Orokin catalyst/reactor fully built, bundle of 2 forma, pack of 8 radiant relics (includes prime unvault relics)

Uncommon drops: rotating rewards based on season or theme

Rare drops: veiled rivens, arcanes? special sigils? (can only be obtained once)

I know this post might gather a lot of hate and there are also many youtubers who have similar ideas but I genuinely want warframe to be the best it can

This is basically Sorties with better rewards so it will suffer the same fate as you mentioned where players get what they want and stop playing. Raids needs to be one big mission with multiple objectives and a bigass boss at the end, dosen't matter if it's a bullet sponge as long as there are no invincibility phases (basically the tried and true formula from pretty much every mmo rpg ever)

Also it needs to be atleast once a day imo, having it every hour is probably what killed arbitrations so fast

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

having it every hour is probably what killed arbitrations so fast

no, that were useless rewards, slow and boring enemy scaling and cheap "invincibility mechanics"

Just now, Kyoresh said:

no, that were useless rewards, slow and boring enemy scaling and cheap "invincibility mechanics"

True. But being able to get all the mods (which were the only things a veteran would really want) within a day or two didn't help 

On 2019-02-07 at 4:02 PM, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

True. But being able to get all the mods (which were the only things a veteran would really want) within a day or two didn't help 

absolutely, this mode was doomed from the beginning

On 2019-02-07 at 3:22 PM, lecoral said:

My idea is to have bounty-like missions with modifiers but all tile sets are completely random and no changing of gear in between phases. Modifiers are just like sortie's (https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Sortie) and each phase will have a new modifier replace the previous one (if this is not enough challenge stacking modifiers are another option).

I saw something similar for elite alerts in the devstream, but then "elite alerts" became arbitrations and... yeah...

I like the idea, especially because one must make a flexible build because of the possible modifiers, but it would probably end up just like Arbitrations where players just take the tankiest frame (Inaros).

On 2019-02-10 at 2:12 AM, Kyoresh said:

absolutely, this mode was doomed from the beginning

Lucky for you, i don't have them yet. And i can't spend 2 days in a row to have them. You are able to rush anything DE give to us, that's fine.
But not all player are like you.