Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Community Zine in the Works!

[DE]Helen

Members of our community are hosting a Warframe zine, and they’re bringing together 50 artists, writers, and layout designers to participate. If this piques your interest, you can learn more and apply to join their team here!

Once the zine is complete, a digital copy will be available for the broader Warframe community to peruse and enjoy. Printed copies signed by the Warframe team will also be sent to the 50 participating artists!

Applications will be open until Monday, February 11th.

We look forward to seeing what our community will put together!

• Like 9

20 minutes ago, Zoh_Veldae said:

For a sec I thought it was some sort of dating service based on Warframe or whatever. I have never used the word "zine" in my life and I don't know anyone who does.

It's a very outdated/old fan thing. The full term is "fanzine", and it's basically a fan magazine/comic. Was big among sci fi and comic book fandoms in the 70s and 80s, and maybe the early 90s as well.

26 minutes ago, Cicasajt said:

whats "layout designer"? as a non-native im having trouble

Layout Designer Job Description

Layout designers, also known as visual concept designers, are responsible for creating the overall look and design for print and Internet publications, such as magazines, blogs, advertisements, books and newspapers.

Creating fresh-looking pages while maintaining the publication’s unique style is an important goal to achieve for layout designers.

Layout designers may be employed in the publishing, advertising, editorial, education, manufacturing and scientific industries.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

Layout Designer Job Description

Layout designers, also known as visual concept designers, are responsible for creating the overall look and design for print and Internet publications, such as magazines, blogs, advertisements, books and newspapers.

Creating fresh-looking pages while maintaining the publication’s unique style is an important goal to achieve for layout designers.

Layout designers may be employed in the publishing, advertising, editorial, education, manufacturing and scientific industries.

thank you!

On 2019-02-07 at 4:55 PM, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

It's a very outdated/old fan thing. The full term is "fanzine", and it's basically a fan magazine/comic. Was big among sci fi and comic book fandoms in the 70s and 80s, and maybe the early 90s as well.

Uh, then maybe that's why I never heard of it, being from the early 90's threshold. I get the concept of the abbreviation, but still never bothered much with any kind of magazines long enough to pick that term up.

10 minutes ago, Zoh_Veldae said:

Uh, then maybe that's why I never heard of it, being from the early 90's threshold. I get the concept of the abbreviation, but still never bothered much with any kind of magazines long enough to pick that term up.

I only learned about it from a college course, because the professor was obsessed with sci fi fan zines.