Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, Catchmoon is the worst kitgun for high level.

So it's the true, Catchmoon is really good for trashmob clearance and low to mid level content approach, but anything above 100+? It becomes the worst kit gun of the 4.

Hold on, my build is no trash ok. I'm running Catchmoon+LoveTap+Splat

So yeah, even with that amount of damage, it starts to struggle with just level 100s

TombFinger+Haymaker+Splat shreds 155s even as slow as it is

Even Gaze which everyone tells is the worst, downs 155s in 6-8 seconds. I'm running Haymaker+Splat with that one.

And Rattleguts? Oh boi, rattleguts is just insane with Lovetap and splat.

So, why is that people are so crazy about Catchmoon?

Edited by (XB1)DavidRyder 74
  • Like 1

It's probably the incredibly wide AOE meaning that very little aiming is required. I personally hated the street plasmor - the smallest bit of terrain will eat the projectile (and no amount of punchthrough will help there), and I'm not too fond of single element base damages (dual elements, like the nailgun and blob gun, on the other hand, are lovely things to have).

EDIT: I still don't use any of the kitguns. They're almost as hideous as zaws.

Edited by DoomFruit
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, (XB1)DavidRyder 74 said:

Could be just me, but in my opinion these are all a factor:

• Essentially a pocket Arca Plasmor, one of the most popular shotguns in Warframe currently, that can be customized stat wise to your liking.
  • Access to pistol mods, which are generally stronger stat-wise then their rifle counterparts.
  • 3/5 riven disposition that isn’t changing any time soon if at all if Zaws are any indication.
  • Most flashy particle effects of the 4 Kitgun barrels at the moment. Gotta have those shinies.

I don’t use it myself, but looking at how things are currently I can see why it would be a popular choice.

Edited by OmegaZero633
  • Like 3

Catchmoon is the best ktigun to kill corpus or any robotic type of enemies die to the extremley high impact damage, for anything else will be doing nothing at 150+, Gazer is the best damage wise, that thing can melt enemies in 2 seconds.

For general gemplay I ilke the Catchmoon but for high lvl stuff I take the gazer, they are good weapons overall.

Edited by -NightmareMoon-
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, (XB1)DavidRyder 74 said:

So it's the true, Catchmoon is really good for trashmob clearance and low to mid level content approach, but anything above 100+? It becomes the worst kit gun of the 4.

So yeah, even with that amount of damage, it starts to struggle with just level 100s

Even Gaze which everyone tells is the worst, downs 155s in 6-8 seconds. I'm running Haymaker+Splat with that one.

Arca plasmor struggles a lot with high level armor as well, same as catchmoon. Except arca plasmor can slot hunter munitions and become more viable that way, whereas catchmoon can't. The reason catchmoon is so popular is because 99% of the content in Warframe is low to mid lvl trash mobs anyways, so people never get to see where the weapon starts to fall off. 

Also Gaze is definitely not the worst lol. It has some serious ammo economy issues, specially compared to the tombfinger, but it's still very strong. As a beam weapon, very easy to headshot and proc pax seeker as well. And since you can adjust range, you can have it practically be a beam sniper lol, hitting enemies at a ridiculous distance, even in open world maps like Orb Vallis. 

Edited by --END--Rikutatis
  • Like 3

What? I kill level 100 grineer in an elemental enhancement sortie in one shot (two or three for Heavy Gunners) with my standard Catchmoon build that I didn't bother taking the elemental mods off. Plus Catchmoon has innate infinite punch through (until it hits some random piece of geometry that stops it dead in its tracks), so it's amazing for Arbitrations to shoot down drones through a mass of bodies. Admittedly, my Catchmoon riven has a better roll than my Rattleguts riven, but I'm not giving up the infinite punch through.

And if you have issues with armor you can just run more CP.

• Like 2

I don't know about you, but when I do "high level" content I either bring a Warframe that can deal with armor (Mag, Saryn, etcetera) or Corrosive Projection. The Simulacrum is, contrary to popular belief, not the end-all-be-all "high-level" simulation.

But if you just like to play Warframe without abilities or allies, I guess you're right, it's the worst for high level.

I got a riven... not a god tier riven, only 120 something multi-shots and 110 something impact. That's it. Oh boy, how it shreds... And I don't even use the pirme version of the mods. Sure, you need a few shots for tankier ennemies, but it gets the job done if you mod for corrosive.

Edited by TheSixteenth

1 hour ago, DrBorris said:

I don't know about you, but when I do "high level" content I either bring a Warframe that can deal with armor (Mag, Saryn, etcetera) or Corrosive Projection. The Simulacrum is, contrary to popular belief, not the end-all-be-all "high-level" simulation.

But if you just like to play Warframe without abilities or allies, I guess you're right, it's the worst for high level.

At least for me it's about options. I can bring a frame that can deal with armor along with a weapon that cannot, or I can bring a weapon that can deal with high lvl armor, along with a frame that can't. That's the beauty of our arsenal really, the options. 

Also I agree with you, I really don't consider the Simulacrum to be a real high level simulation, let alone lvl 100 enemies. 

I just dont see the point with the kitguns.

We already have arca plasmor and great continous weapons to pick from as primaries, why would I need it as secondaries too? There are already plenty of great secondaries to pick from when using arca plasmor or continous weapons as the primary. And at the moments when you dont need the arca or a flame thrower as primary you really dont need a secondary with the effect either.

I simply rather have a reliable real arca plasmor as primary, or possibly an ignis wraith along with a Pyrana P or something equally splattery as my secondary. And if I ever were to want something to clear massive amount of high level trash as a secondary I'd just equip my Prisma Angstrum or build myself a Staticor. I just dont see the point of either though when I also have a melee to clear large crowds along with frame abilities.

19 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

I just dont see the point with the kitguns.

We already have arca plasmor and great continous weapons to pick from as primaries, why would I need it as secondaries too? There are already plenty of great secondaries to pick from when using arca plasmor or continous weapons as the primary. And at the moments when you dont need the arca or a flame thrower as primary you really dont need a secondary with the effect either.

I simply rather have a reliable real arca plasmor as primary, or possibly an ignis wraith along with a Pyrana P or something equally splattery as my secondary. And if I ever were to want something to clear massive amount of high level trash as a secondary I'd just equip my Prisma Angstrum or build myself a Staticor. I just dont see the point of either though when I also have a melee to clear large crowds along with frame abilities.

Gaze with projectile speed can snipe at range..  pretty funny tbh.

I love it, my most used kitgun. The Arca plasmor became obsolete with this thing in my arsenal, so now I variate my primary a lot more than I used to, which is a good thing. I haven't really had any issues with high level enemies (100+), and I'm not even using a riven, just primed mods for crits. You get used to how to aim with it to get headshots and to sneak the "projectiles" through tighter spaces (and which tiles are just hopeless with invisible walls). The only case I found it useless in is against enemies with elemental resistance in sorties. Didn't think that one through lol.

I have built the Tombfinger as well with pretty much same config, but I really hate aiming with it so I rarely use it, although it looks cooler. Gonna try the Rattlegun soon too, when I've decided on the config and got a bunch of forma available.

In the end however they are all overpowered, and you should just use whichever you enjoy the most. If you're not happy with the damage anyway then a Riven or a damage buffing frame should solve it.

Edited by SirTobe
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Zsword said:

Wouldn't using the long range grips really hinder it's damage though?

I use the ramble. Good range, and descent dmg output. With a over 100% crit chance... Slight dmg reduction isnt noticeable. I have an alt build with "suppress" mod for my artemis bow/prowl Ivara which is a high power strength build... Couple that with the prowl headshot multiplier... Sniping heads at range with my gaze is so funny and incredibly op.

hace 3 horas, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 dijo:

A friend of mines catchmoon can two shot level 125 corrupted bombards. It obviously uses a riven.

2 shots 130 (and higher but cant spawn) easy. Then again, how many players face these enemies, not many....

Yes its rivened, but I guess you can get it to 3-4 shots without it and its still good. 

If you don't have a riven you can focus on warframe abilities by using either mirage or someone that give a boost in dmg.  Either way it work for me and ppl was blinded by my Bass Cannon (the bot didn't want me say bass so I end up calling it Bas s Cannon which I dunno why I can't call it word Bass).

Without a Riven, buff frames or Armour stripping Catchmoon would fare the worst as it has poor status/sec compared to the others.

Wasn't this common sense to begin with? It's not a terrible gun by any means, just lacking.

8 hours ago, (XB1)DavidRyder 74 said:

catchmoon is one of the best gun in the game, i one shot level 80 enemies and 2 or 3 shots level 100+

I kill the boss in sorties with it

you need to know which combination to build it with. for sure use the haymaker .

here is mu build. how can you not love this gun with these stats?

jqYNTlh.jpg