Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, Catchmoon is the worst kitgun for high level.

I've built 2 catchmoons, 1 with 100% status and with 167% crit chance using a riv.  Both can easily dispatch lvl 100 anything but above that the status build begins to take over.

For high lvl I'd take the status build.  Or just use my tigris pr with 100% status slash/viral/radiation which can kill anything I've ever encountered in game.

19 hours ago, corallein said:

But seriously, all you naysayers are completely ignoring the fact that Catchmoon has a wide projectile with infinite enemy punch through. Yes, if you try to use Catchmoon on POE you'll have a worse time with the longer engage distances. Yes, it's effing annoying when you hit a random tree branch or protruding steel beam and the projectile vanishes. Yes, if you try to solo a high level endless mission for a few hours it will start sucking just like every other non-status weapon. But the Catchmoon is fantastic in 99% of the content if you can get used to its quirks.

But that is the whole issue with it. The complete ass hitbox. It doesnt even have to be actual interferance in the way, shooting through a regular wide door can be enough to just stop it. Shooting up in a ramp can be enough to stop it, shooting down a ramp or stairs can be enough to stop it and so on. It is a fun weapon, but all the things that can block it effectively makes it a horrible gun in any content but sim. Pretty much any indoor area can just #*!% it over because a pixel of the projectile happens to pass some terrain, even worse when you are in infested tiles.

Worst experience was a sortie defense a few days ago on a corpus tile. The defense target decided to camp in a "train" wagon, it was impossible to use catchmoon in there because it would his the walls, the floor or the ceiling when shooting if you didnt aim perfectly right.

I'd rather have a reliable gun like Pyrana Prime when I dont wanna goof around.

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

But that is the whole issue with it. The complete ass hitbox. It doesnt even have to be actual interferance in the way, shooting through a regular wide door can be enough to just stop it. Shooting up in a ramp can be enough to stop it, shooting down a ramp or stairs can be enough to stop it and so on. It is a fun weapon, but all the things that can block it effectively makes it a horrible gun in any content but sim. Pretty much any indoor area can just #*!% it over because a pixel of the projectile happens to pass some terrain, even worse when you are in infested tiles.

Worst experience was a sortie defense a few days ago on a corpus tile. The defense target decided to camp in a "train" wagon, it was impossible to use catchmoon in there because it would his the walls, the floor or the ceiling when shooting if you didnt aim perfectly right.

I'd rather have a reliable gun like Pyrana Prime when I dont wanna goof around.

You can learn to work around it. There's always areas where it can shoot anything incoming just fine. Eris infested tilesets are the worst because all the infested growths clog the hallways and add random geometry, but fortunately infested themselves run straight at you and are super easy to kill. The ability to kill 3 or 4 enemies in one shot makes for the additional movement to take good angles on your shots so that you don't clip environmental geometry. I've never not been able to make it work in a map.

You can even look at how easily the projectile dissipates as a plus. The fact that aiming just wrong through a door will cause it to clip the door frame means that if you do aim right, it will murder anything and everything in the doorway. So just aim in the center of the door and let loose.

Edit: and if you're trying to shoot someone in cover, you always want to aim further out than you would with other guns. So if they're crouching behind a railing, aim higher so it doesn't clip the railing and instead clips their head.

Edited by corallein

1 hour ago, corallein said:

You can learn to work around it. There's always areas where it can shoot anything incoming just fine. Eris infested tilesets are the worst because all the infested growths clog the hallways and add random geometry, but fortunately infested themselves run straight at you and are super easy to kill. The ability to kill 3 or 4 enemies in one shot makes for the additional movement to take good angles on your shots so that you don't clip environmental geometry. I've never not been able to make it work in a map.

You can even look at how easily the projectile dissipates as a plus. The fact that aiming just wrong through a door will cause it to clip the door frame means that if you do aim right, it will murder anything and everything in the doorway. So just aim in the center of the door and let loose.

Edit: and if you're trying to shoot someone in cover, you always want to aim further out than you would with other guns. So if they're crouching behind a railing, aim higher so it doesn't clip the railing and instead clips their head.

Yeah I know all the workarounds for it, it doesnt make it less of a pain to use. It simply isnt friendly for muscle memory that covers 99.9% of all ranged weapons in the game. It is a fantastic weapon when it comes to damage, it is just the obstruction that is very annoying.

I'm fairly certain it is a bug though because several things related to Fortuna are bugged beyond belief.

I like the Catchmoon over all other Kitguns because it is incredibly easy to shoot with. The others mostly perform the best if you can make consistent head shots...which I can't be bothered to do. I have not noticed the Catchmoon becoming "bad" in higher level missions. I generally run it in 90-100 min Arbitrations and it performs very well.  

On 2019-02-08 at 7:21 AM, 541K4T said:

Bombards have alloy Armor, which is weak to radiation. And catchmoon is easy to build for radiation. I even wreak Harry with catchmoon, you don't even need any riven for that.

Catchmoon suffers only against Ferrite Armor in higher levels, anything else does not matter.

How'd you mod for Eidolon hunts on your catch?

Edited by (PS4)BOSS_TPH76

3 hours ago, (PS4)BOSS_TPH76 said:

I like the Catchmoon over all other Kitguns because it is incredibly easy to shoot with. The others mostly perform the best if you can make consistent head shots...which I can't be bothered to do. I have not noticed the Catchmoon becoming "bad" in higher level missions. I generally run it in 90-100 min Arbitrations and it performs very well.  

How'd you mod for Eidolon hunts on your catch?

Weapon Build = Catchmoon + Lovetap + Splat = 35%CC (reaches 100.5% CC with Primed Pistol Gambit )  + 13% SC

Mods = Barrel Diffusion + Lethal Torrent + Primed Pistol Gambit + Primed Target Cracker + Primed Heated Charge + Convulsion + Scorch + Jolt  (For Chroma)

• Like 1

Catchmoon is weakest of the 4 kitguns against high level armored targets because it can't hit all the armor skipping damage types. Puncture ignores 50% of all armor, while impact doesn't so catchmoon doesn't hit hard with impact damage. Gaze, rattleguts, and tombfinger all primarily have puncture physical damage.

Elementally, catchmoon is still the weakest because of its innate heat damage. The other 3 use innate radiation, which is important since you can have radiation AND corrosive. Radiation ignores 75% of alloy armor, and corrosive ignores 75% of ferrite armor, before stripping 25% on procs.

Finally catchmoon is the weakest status weapon because it has the lowest fire rate and proc rate. Since status is key for slash and corrosive procs, it's the weakest against high level.

Fort these reasons catchmoon is the weakest past the 150's against general mobs. However DE won't give us those enemies so it's irrelevant and catchmoon is the best. It's also the highest raw DPS kitgun, so it's best for our status immune bosses that we build around 1 damage type.

En 10/2/2019 a las 15:57, 17inchguns dijo:

I love when people talk without having any clue whatsoever. Here you go, corrupted heavy gunner lvl 130 (max lvl I can spawn) 

Birdobas is right. Its not designed for high level bur saying its useless is a big lie 

LOL... 4 shots... nice riven...
When you test a weapon you have to do it without rivens

And I'm the clueless one.. you people are so funny...

Edited by NukeTheCore

hace 13 horas, NukeTheCore dijo:

LOL... 4 shots... nice riven...
When you test a weapon you have to do it without rivens

And I'm the clueless one.. you people are so funny...

So 4 shots is useless by your terms? Lmfao... This was done solo and no buffs, in real game you have a squad with cp and all kinds of buffs which makes your point even less valid.  

Most people concerned with enemies that level have a catchmoon riven or the means to get one... I have one so I chose to use it obviously. Without a riven it may add a couple of shots more, nothing drastic, especially since 3 dispo. 

Arca Plasmor > Catchmoon

Catchmoon hits harder, has much higher riven dispo, has access to amazing arcanes, and finally is highly customizable.

But

Catchmoon cant use Hunter Munitions.

Once you get passed the first hour in Mot, those 40k catchmoon crits you are accustomed to are going to become 4k crits against those corrupted bombards.

Meanwhile, the Arca Plasmor with Hunter Munitions will be stacking 5k-8k slash procs on those bombards and will have a much faster TTK.

Granted, the Arca Plasmor requires a very good Crit Chance riven to be Hunter Munitions viable.

Edited by ADDpillz

yeah, just like the Arca Plasmor. that's expected, and somewhat balanced. I'm a high lvl content kinda guy, so I was surprised to hear all this talk about the Catchmoon and not the Tombfinger. Tombfinger is so bloody broken, I'm just staring at the blueprints, hesitant to even build it. 

7 hours ago, ADDpillz said:

Meanwhile, the Arca Plasmor with Hunter Munitions will be stacking 5k-8k slash procs on those bombards and will have a much faster TTK.

I specifically rolled a +CC +MS riven to test it along with Blunderbuss and Primed Ravage. HM can add some damage, but the slash procs alone are far from being the main source of damage.They occur too rarely because of the fire rate+reload speed and the amount of HP high level enemies have is too high to rely on those procs. You'll be better off using a pure damage build instead because it's much more reliable, but frankly, no Riven can really help the Plasmor against high level armor (I did have a +Dmg +MS riven as well).

And Catchmoon will most definitely beat the crap out of Plasmor because it can enjoy faster fire rate and reload speed which translate into proc application rate and damage.

Edited by DarthKadra

8 hours ago, ADDpillz said:

Arca Plasmor > Catchmoon

Catchmoon hits harder, has much higher riven dispo, has access to amazing arcanes, and finally is highly customizable.

But

Once you get passed the first hour in Mot, those 40k catchmoon crits you are accustomed to, are going to become 4k crits against those corrupted bombards.

Granted, the Arca Plasmor requires a very good Crit Chance riven to be Hunter Munitions viable.

But arca plasmor can't 1 shot hydrolist limb.

hace 21 horas, ADDpillz dijo:

Arca Plasmor > Catchmoon

But

Once you get passed the first hour in Mot, those 40k catchmoon crits you are accustomed to, are going to become 4k crits against those corrupted bombards.

Unless solo, in a 1 hour plus MOT your squad should be running cp. Also, with pax seeker you get slash. There are far betyer options for the scenario you propose eitherways, but personally, id never pick arca p over catchmoon

hace 12 horas, -AiLuoLi- dijo:

But arca plasmor can't 1 shot hydrolist limb.

Its like the 3rd or 4th post ive seen you make on this. My video really traumatised you by the looks of it lol. Catchmoon wont 1 shot a limb without a god roll and min max build. Just let it go and stop campaining for a nerf smh .

7 minutes ago, 17inchguns said:

Its like the 3rd or 4th post ive seen you make on this. My video really traumatised you by the looks of it lol. Catchmoon wont 1 shot a limb without a god roll and min max build. Just let it go and stop campaining for a nerf smh .

I don't hab god riben, Gib me one.

7 hours ago, Ikyr0 said:

I was unimpressed by Arca's performance above lvl 100, seems to be the same case for Catchmoon. Tombfinger seems superior for higher content.

Kitguns are weapons made to work  against corpus...You can't think they work good against Grineer or infected, there are better weapons for that.

1 hour ago, bibmobello said:

Kitguns are weapons made to work  against corpus...You can't think they work good against Grineer or infected, there are better weapons for that.

Explain the puncture and radiation on every other kitgun?