Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

EREBOS 3.0: The Forgemaster of Shadows

Almighty_Jado

Erebos, the shadowed one, the dark. With his creations, Tenno, you will be able to defeat any enemy.

Hey everyone! Some of you may recognize the name of this Warframe. Many years back, I created Erebos as a fan concept which was semi-successful. But now, it's time for him to rise again. Warframe has changed since then, and now, so must he. So without further ado, allow me to introduce Erebos!
Erebos_Reference_Final.png

Erebos is a support Warframe that combines a shadow theme with a blacksmith theme. His strength lies in his ability to create weapon for his allies to use in missions, along with some crowd control and teleportation to compliment.
Erebos' model also comes with a mallet that he uses for some of his abilities (similar to Harrow's Thurible).

Spoiler

mallet_final.png

STATS:
Health: 100 (300 at Rank 30)
Shield: 100 (300 at Rank 30)
Armour: 200
Energy: 100 (150 at Rank 30)
Sprint Speed: 1.20
Polarities: Vazarin PolNaramon Pol
Exilus Polarity: Naramon Pol
Aura Polarity: None

ABILITIES:

Passive:
Enemies that die within Erebos' Affinity Range have a 50% chance to yield a SHADOW. Shadows can be collected by Erebos by holding down the INTERACT key, which will cause Erebos to summon his anvil and mallet, drawing in all shadows within 10m and forging them into SHADOW INGOTS. Collection time is 1 second. Erebos also gains bonus Damage Reduction while he has more Shadow Ingots. At 5, he gains 25%. AT 15, 50%. And lastly, 75% at 25. Erebos can store up to 30 Shadow Ingots at once. Erebos' collected Shadow Ingots is displayed above his ability bar like so:

Erebos_No_Stacks.png Erebos_5_Stacks.png Erebos_15_Stacks.png Erebos_Max_Stacks.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dark_Bolt.png
Dark bolt is Erebos' primary direct offensive ability. It allows him to help strengthen hallway defense by creating CC zones. To note, enemies blinded by Shadow Patches are displayed having a dark cloud covering their eyes.
Cost: 25 Energy (affected by Ability Efficiency)
Damage: 200/300/400/500 (affected by Ability Strength)
Slow %: 50/56/62/68 (affected by Ability Strength)
Shadow Patch Radius: 4/5/6/7m (affected by Ability Range)
Shadow Patch Duration: 7/8/9/10 seconds (affected by Ability Duration)
Blind Duration: 8/9/10/11 seconds (affected by Ability Duration)

Tenebris_Anvil.png
Erebos can use this ability to first cycle between his 3 other abilities by tapping this ability's key. After holding it down, Erebos forges an upgrade for the selected ability over 1 second. Erebos can also hold the ability key down for 2 seconds to forge 2 upgrades, or 3 for 3. Designwise, this allows Erebos to forge several upgrades for his other abilities while in a safe area, before returning to combat with his other abilities empowered. Cast time of this ability is affected by Natural Talent.
Cost: 25 Energy, 4/3/2/1 Shadow Ingot(s) (Energy Cost affected by Ability Efficiency)

Shadeport.png
This ability functions very similarly to Reaper's teleportation ability from Overwatch. It is a teleportation move that allows the player to transfer themselves to a specific location, which they can visualize before committing. Once the ability key is pressed, a shadow-like indicator appears (visible only to the player) that shows where the player will teleport to. The indicator follows the player's crosshairs as best it can. Some vertical surfaces thin enough can be teleported through, like windows or small walls in the middle of a tile. Players will know the surface can be teleported through because the shadowy indicator will turn horizontal. Walls excluded from wall-teleportation include windows to Spy Vaults, Prison Cells, locked-down (yellow) doors, etc. Teleportation time of 0.5 seconds is unaffected by Natural Talent.
When Enhanced, Erebos applies armour to both himself and all allies within his Departure and Arrival shockwave radii. Allies affected by the Shadow Armour gain a smoky, ethereal plating over their model.
Cost: 50 energy (affected by Ability Efficiency)
Departure Stagger Range: 9/10/11/12m (affected by Ability Range)
Arrival Knockdown Range: 9/11/13/15m (affected by Ability Range)
Maximum Teleportation Range: 20/30/40/50m (affected by Ability Range)
Enhanced Armour Bonus: 60/160/260/360 (affected by Ability Strength)
Enhanced Armour Duration: 15/18/21/25 seconds (affected by Ability Duration)

Dark_Forge.png
This ability is the culmination of what a blacksmith should be in Warframe: someone who can make weapons for his allies to use. Using this ability causes Erebos to sit down for 1.5 seconds and create an Exalted-style weapon that allies (or yourself) can pick up with the INTERACT key. Erebos himself can only influence the base stats of the weapons. Allies' mods on that corresponding weapon type (primary, secondary, melee) are applied to the weapon. This includes any type of mod, regardless of whether or not the mod was intended for Bow, Shotgun or Beam use. Weapon Specific Augments (like syndicate mods or Rathuum mods) will not be applied.
The weapons appear as smoky and ethereal, fading in and out of existence while they sit in players' hands.
When Enhanced, this ability's duration and all attributes affected by it are doubled. Swapping weapons ends the ability prematurely. Casting Tenebris Anvil while in Affinity Range of players using one of Erebos' weapons will have its ammo/duration replenished.
Cost: 75 Energy, 8/6/4/2 Shadow Ingots

Spoiler

Obscurus:
Obscurus.png
Trigger Type: Burst
Ammo Type: N/A
Projectile Flight Speed: 60/65/70/75 m/s (Affected by Power Range)
Noise Level: Alarming
Fire Rate: 6 rounds per second
Accuracy: 100
Magazine Size: 10/10/15/20
Max Ammo: 70/80/90/100 (Affected by Power Duration)
Reload Time: 0.8 seconds
Damage: 35/40/45/50 Impact bImpact (Affected by Power Strength)
Burst Count: 5 (250 total damage)
Crit Chance: 15/20/25/30% (Affected by Power Strength)
Crit Multiplier: 1.2/1.4/1.6/1.8x (Affected by Power Strength)
Status Chance: 15/20/25/30% (Affected by Power Strength)
Special Property: Enemies hit by Critical Hits and/or Status effects from this weapon have a 10/25/40/55% chance to be Blinded.

Black Crossbow:
[PH]
Trigger Type: Semi-Auto
Ammo Type: N/A
Projectile Flight Speed: 70/80/90/100 m/s (Affected by Power Range)
Noise Level: Alarming
Fire Rate: 10 rounds per second
Accuracy: 100
Magazine Size: 1
Max Ammo: 15/18/21/24 (Affected by Power Duration)
Reload Time: 0.8 seconds
Damage: 100/130/160/190 Impact bImpact (Affected by Power Strength)
Crit Chance: 17/23/29/35% (Affected by Power Strength)
Crit Multiplier: 1.2/1.4/1.7/2.1x (Affected by Power Strength)
Status Chance: 17/23/29/35% (Affected by Power Strength)
Special Property: Enemies hit by crossbow bolts receive a Mark, which hovers over their head. Marks increase the damage that target will receive from all sources by 5/8/11/15% per Mark (15/24/33/45% total).

Aphotus:
Aphotus.png
Type: Sword
Lasts for: 15/25/35 seconds (Affected by Power Duration)
Attack Speed: 1.25 (Affected by Power Duration)
Channeling Damage: 1.5/1.9/2.3/2.7x (Affected by Power Strength)
Channeling Cost: 5 (Affected by Power Efficiency)
Block Resist: 30/35/40/45% (Affected by Power Strength)
Damage: 50/55/60/65 Impact bImpact (Affected by Power Strength)
Slide Attack: 60/66/71/76 (Affected by Power Strength)
Wall Attack: 100/115/125/135 (Affected by Power Strength)
Slam Attack: 59/64/69/74 (Affected by Power Strength)
Crit Chance: 17/23/29/35% (Affected by Power Strength)
Crit Multiplier: 1.2/1.4/1.7/2.1x (Affected by Power Strength)
Status Chance: 17/23/29/35% (Affected by Power Strength)
Stance: Crimson Dervish
Special Property: Combo Counter duration is increased to 4/4.5/5/6.5 seconds (Affected by Power Duration). Gain +10/20/30/40% Armour, +10/13/16/19% Sprint Speed, +10/13/16/19% Parkour Velocity and +40/60/80/100% Status Duration, all scaling with Combo Counter.

That's it for abilities! In terms of acquisition, please refer to The Legion of Tau: Shadow of Erebos for details! To note, this Warframe has been designed to be acquired via a quest that you can find in the linked thread, but by no means is he 100% bound to that. That's why I've released this Warframe in its own separate thread. The linked thread also includes Erebos' Signature Weapons, the Shadorai heavy Scythe, and the Cultivox combat rifle.

If you have any opinions on Erebos, please let me know! I worked super hard on refreshing his concept, so any constructive criticism to push him even further would make me super happy. Cheers!

Check out @Rahetalius' review of Erebos here: https://youtu.be/PBzNiwcPqgw

Edited by Almighty_Jado
  • Like 3

I absolutely love this idea, its well balance and thought out. i have one question and a couple suggestions.

The question is how do shadow ingots work,  better put: whats the conversion rate from the shadow drops to ingots because that is important. I would say every 5 shadows is 1 ingot the same as Nidus.

As for my suggestions: i would decrease the damage reduction of the passive to 25% at max instead of 75% and have it be 1% per stack. 75% is too good, that's equal to 900 armor on a warframe. My only other thing is the special trait/stats of the Obscurus, i would have it just be Critical hits give the 55% chance at blinding, bump the max Critical multiplier to 2.2, and lower the max status to 15%. This would give it more of a wheelhouse so to speak. The Black Crossbow should also have its stats tweaked a bit, it already provides a damage buff for your whole team cementing it as the utility option in opposition to the other two so maybe lower the crit and status a bit to compensate.

Edited by DarkLordSTRM

13 hours ago, (PS4)stormfalcon2018 said:

I cant see the crossbows picture.

It doesn't exist yet 🙂 Artwork on it got delayed because I'm awaiting design input from a friend who is a crossbow enthusiast. That's why there's a [Placeholder] there.

12 hours ago, DarkLordSTRM said:

I absolutely love this idea, its well balance and thought out. i have one question and a couple suggestions.

The question is how do shadow ingots work,  better put: whats the conversion rate from the shadow drops to ingots because that is important. I would say every 5 shadows is 1 ingot the same as Nidus.

As for my suggestions: i would decrease the damage reduction of the passive to 25% at max instead of 75% and have it be 1% per stack. 75% is too good, that's equal to 900 armor on a warframe. My only other thing is the special trait/stats of the Obscurus, i would have it just be Critical hits give the 55% chance at blinding, bump the max Critical multiplier to 2.2, and lower the max status to 15%. This would give it more of a wheelhouse so to speak. The Black Crossbow should also have its stats tweaked a bit, it already provides a damage buff for your whole team cementing it as the utility option in opposition to the other two so maybe lower the crit and status a bit to compensate.

Likely 3 shadows per ingots would be better, since Nidus only requires enemies to be hit rather than killed.

As for the damage reduction, I think 25% might be too low, although I agree in hindsight that 75% may be too much. Likely somewhere around 40% would be best considering Baruuk's passive, which gives him 50% reduction at fully depleted Restraint.

In terms of the weapons, I wanted the Obscurus and the rest of the weapons to have equally powerful status and critical status because the players using those weapons may have either a hybrid build, crit build, or status build. It was intended to be that no matter the mods the player has, the weapons will still be effective regardless of players' builds (and in line with this, the Obscurus' Blinding passive must remain effective with both crits and status effects, otherwise status builds would be less useful). I do agree that the Black Crossbow likely needs a nerf (especially considering the strength of Pistol mods), but the Obscurus' critical and status chances I feel are in an okay spot. The crit damage could be bumped up, but I guess I'm just a little hesitant with these base stats because they can be affected by Power Strength.

Thank you very much for your feedback though, DarkLord! I really appreciate it. I'll wait and see what other peoples' opinions are before making any changes, but I'll definitely be keeping your thoughts in mind.

2 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

In terms of the weapons, I wanted the Obscurus and the rest of the weapons to have equally powerful status and critical status because the players using those weapons may have either a hybrid build, crit build, or status build. It was intended to be that no matter the mods the player has, the weapons will still be effective regardless of players' builds (and in line with this, the Obscurus' Blinding passive must remain effective with both crits and status effects, otherwise status builds would be less useful). I do agree that the Black Crossbow likely needs a nerf (especially considering the strength of Pistol mods), but the Obscurus' critical and status chances I feel are in an okay spot. The crit damage could be bumped up, but I guess I'm just a little hesitant with these base stats because they can be affected by Power Strength.

With this in mind i do agree those stats make perfect sense, i wasnt thinking of it in terms of making useful for everyone but as a min/maxer, which i like to think is a trap we all fall into now and again.

also i agree with the other points: 3 shadows per ingot makes it reliable, especially with the 50% drop chance, and the 40% damage reduction will simultaneously make it a reward so you want max ingots but also to be using them which makes for more compelling game-play

Like the overall idea, but ive got some thoughts on how the frame might work best, in my opinion. Take it or leave it 🙂 , i only coment because it interests me.

Passive:

With the Passive, I feel two things here. Firstly, the mechanic of stopping still to gather fragments runs somewhat counter to the run and gun warframe style. A more automatic collection of nearby shadows would make the frame more enjoyable. Second, the fact that the frame gains damage resistance when full of ingots would play counter to his supportive roll. Would it not be more interesting for him to loose damage resistance with each ingot gained, encouraging the spending of the resourse or a more risk/reward of hoarding ingots for a greater gain?

I'd also increase gain to 100% when an enemy nearby dies to drop a 'shadow core', forged into a shadow ingot on collection.

With the interaction of ingots on powers, i'd alter it so that when a power is cast, it consumes all ingots held. Each ingot consumed increases the powers stength/ range/ duration/ other effect per ingot consumed. in addition if the power is cast with 25 or more ingots stored, in gains the 'enhanced' effect.

Ability 1:

Keeping in line with the 'forgemaster' theme, id see ability 1 summon a shadow spears whch flies towards the target point. On hit it would cause an impact proc and leave a circular pool on the ground which would cause slow and accuracy debuff to ememies isnide, stacking every second. (mostly just cosmetically changed at this point).

Ingots consumed would increase pool radius and duration. When Enhanced it would fire 3 shadow spears, the adition two at slight angles to the first.

Strength effects debuff % amounts , Range effects pool AoE , Duration Effects Pool duration .

Ability 2:

With the frame automatically forging ingots, this ability is free'd up to allow more support options for the frame

Forges shadow plates infront of the warframe, which on pickup gives bonus base armor to any warframe that picks it up for its duration.

Ingots would increase the armor value and duration. When Enhanced it would also offer hp regen while active.

Strength effects Armor amount , Duration Effects armor duration on pickup .

Ability 3:

Would change this abit, as for the most part the warframe is defencive/supportive, and so doesnt have much call for getting close to enemies.

On cast the warframe teleports backwards, leaving behind a shadowy apperition which draws agro. The apperition refects 50% damage taken in an AoE around it. The apperition cannot be killed.

Ingots would increase duration of the apperition, aswell as the reflected damage. When Enhanced the agro and damage relect range is increased.

Strength effects relected damage , Range effects teleport distance , Duration Effects apperition duration .

Ability 4:

While much the same, i'd change the mechanics of the forged wepons.

The warframe forges a single heavy weapon as a pickup infront of it. the type of weapon depends on how many ingots are spent in its creation. The shadow weapon pickup lasts 30 seconds before disipating if not picked up. The shadow weapon has no duration restrictions when picked up, but has an ammo pool that cannot be re-filled. Running out of ammo, or swapping weapon ends the ability use.

0-9 Ingots

Creates a low damage, high rate of fire automatic rifle heavy wepaon, that deals puncture and impact damage with 50% status chance. Each ingot increases status chance by 10% and ammo pool by 20%.

10-19 ingots

Creates a medium rate of fire shotgun heavy weapon, that deals corosive damage. Each pellet can bounce off surfaces 1 time. Each ingot increases multishot by 20% and adds 1 additional bounce.

20-29 ingots

Creates a semi auto sniper heavy weapon, that deals high slash damage. There is a short cooldown between shots (akin to a reverse charge mechanic). Each ingot increases the damage by 15% and adds 0.5 penetration.

30 Ingots (Enhanced)

Unlike the other abilitys, this one require a full 30 stacks to be enhanced.

Creates the same weapon as would be produced at 29 ingots (including ingot stat bonus), with the following changes. Cosmetically the weapon is now reathed in shadowy flames. It no longer has a cooldown after shots are fired, has an increased magazine and has an aditional 50% viral damage.

Strength effects weapon damage , Duration Effects ammo pool .

• Like 1

Special thanks to @Rahetalius for reviewing Erebos on his recent Concept Checkup episode: 

I'm super grateful that he took some time to dive in and analyze my design. For my own record, I'm going to list some of the points he made here:

-base stats pretty meh
-Shadeport is too expensive, and also Enhanced armour buff duration is too short
-Dark Forged weapons are too weak overall, and each should be unique enough to warrant use without having one of them inherently more powerful than the others

Shadeport seems to be the weakest link here, so I'll talk about my thoughts on this first.
Rahetalius proposes turning the ability into a dash, although I prefer to keep it as a teleport. It just feels a little better for me. However I do agree that it might be a bit too expensive to cast. I could see reducing the energy cost to 50, while also adding a minor armour buff to the unenhanced variation.
Armour Buff for the enhanced variation should definitely be increased in the duration department.
The design philosophy behind the ability was to allow Erebos to quickly reposition himself to safely use Tenebris Anvil, and then use it again to get back into the hotzone.

Dark Forge also appears to be a little undertuned. I'll admit that I was a bit too safe when generating these weapons. I was probably a little afraid of making them too powerful.
After reflecting on Rahetalius' thoughts though, I think I have a more clear-cut image of what I want to do with Dark Forged weapons: A short-lived burst of high power. The stats should be bumped up far more, while keeping the ammo/duration of these weapons relatively short. This will force the Erebos player to continue collecting Shadow Ingots to forge more weapons.

Overall, the verdict seems to be that he's a bit too weak, and could use a boost to his numbers across the board.

I personally love this concept in its current iteration, even through it's a bit on the weak side as Rahetalius said.

It baffles me a bit that a Dark attuned warframe has no skills related to the shadow, so I would like to suggest adding one in order not only to quell my thirst for shadows, but also solve some of Erebos' problems.

Erebos' Shadow:

A espectral being forged from the same material as the shadow ingots (You can think about Jojo's Stands, Persona's Persona or even Ansem's Hearthless bodyguard for a rought look), this sinister being burst from Erebos's back at his command and aids his material self with overwhelming strenght and resilience.

Shadow Aid

Passive:

Mostly visual and QOL upgrades 

The shadows spawns one arm to collect nearby shadows, sort of a selective vacuum, also Shadow's skin will start growing over Erebos as some kind of armor, becoming more solid the high % of damage reduction Erebos has, but becoming more ethereal as the Ingots are being spent and the damage reduction value drops.

1st

Upgrades are visual and QOL

If the shadow is the one doing all the hurling, Erebos doesn't have to, thus having both hands free to toss skills while also shooting and reloading freely, becoming quite a big improvement in overall dps and fluidity

2nd

Erebos' build doesn't seem as bulky as Blacksmiths usually are, but with such a bulky shadow it wouldn't be weird for it to be able to do the skill upgrade while Erebos is overlooking the process and unleashing a bulletstorm on the enemy while flying around. Instead of having to stop dead in its track, the shadow spawns with the anvil and craft the ingots as Erebos would do,

3rd

Visual Upgrades

The ethereal plate that covers Erebos and allies becomes the silhouette of the shadow.

I personally can't see why Erebos being able to cross Spy vault glasses or locked doors has to be forbidden, as I think that it gives a pretty interesting skill that no other Warframe have ever had, being able to bypass "locked door" bugs and helping out to speed some spy vaults (spy missions are already being cheesed hard by Ivara).

4th

Visual and QOL upgrades

Same as 2nd, the shadow does the forging, so Erebos doesn't have to stop right in its track or stop shooting/reloading

The shadow would bring lots of fluidity and clarity to Erebos, with the only drawback being that sometimes it might cover a bit more of the screen that needed, something solved by not letting the shadow linger once the skill is done casting and making it transparent when aiming with your guns.

Edited by Xolot

On 2019-02-16 at 10:17 AM, Xolot said:

I personally love this concept in its current iteration, even through it's a bit on the weak side as Rahetalius said.

It baffles me a bit that a Dark attuned warframe has no skills related to the shadow, so I would like to suggest adding one in order not only to quell my thirst for shadows, but also solve some of Erebos' problems.

Erebos' Shadow:

A espectral being forged from the same material as the shadow ingots (You can think about Jojo's Stands, Persona's Persona or even Ansem's Hearthless bodyguard for a rought look), this sinister being burst from Erebos's back at his command and aids his material self with overwhelming strenght and resilience.

Shadow Aid

Passive:

Mostly visual and QOL upgrades 

The shadows spawns one arm to collect nearby shadows, sort of a selective vacuum, also Shadow's skin will start growing over Erebos as some kind of armor, becoming more solid the high % of damage reduction Erebos has, but becoming more ethereal as the Ingots are being spent and the damage reduction value drops.

1st

If the shadow is the one doing all the hurling, Erebos doesn't have to, thus having both hands free to toss skills while also shooting and reloading freely, becoming quite a big improvement in overall dps and fluidity

2nd

Erebos' build doesn't seem as bulky as Blacksmiths usually are, but with such a bulky shadow it wouldn't be weird for it to be able to do the skill upgrade while Erebos is overlooking the process and unleashing a bulletstorm on the enemy while flying around. Instead of having to stop dead in its track, the shadow spawns with the anvil and craft the ingots as Erebos would do,

3rd

Visual Upgrades

The ethereal plate that covers Erebos and allies becomes the silhouette of the shadow.

I personally can't see why Erebos being able to cross Spy vault glasses or locked doors has to be forbidden, as I think that it gives a pretty interesting skill that no other Warframe have ever had, being able to bypass "locked door" bugs and helping out to speed some spy vaults (spy missions are already being cheesed hard by Ivara).

4th

Visual and QOL upgrades

Same as 2nd, the shadow does the forging, so Erebos doesn't have to stop right in its track or stop shooting/reloading

The shadow would bring lots of fluidity and clarity to Erebos, with the only drawback being that sometimes it might cover a bit more of the screen that needed, something solved by not letting the shadow linger once the skill is done casting and making it transparent when aiming with your guns.

Sorry for the late reply on this!

For his first ability, it's a one handed action, meaning you can reload and shoot while casting it already.

For the third ability, I've restricted the ability to teleport into the spy vault because, yes- Ivara can cheese her way though the vault but ultimately she still has to complete the same objectives within the Vault to unlock/gain access to the console. With Erebos, similar things need to be set in place.

In general, about the Shadow that you propose added- while definitely an interesting take, I disagree with its usage because it takes out a lot of the strategy behind playing Erebos. I designed him to have two main elements to his play: setting yourself up for combat and then actually being in combat.

1. While setting yourself up for combat, you can find a secure area and forge upgrades for your abilities and create Exalted weapons. However, you have to think about possible repercussions ahead, such as losing damage reduction. This disallows you from just spamming the ability willy-nilly and instead requires you to make a tactical decision about what you're about to do. Then, once you've prepared yourself, you can reenter combat with Shadeport, granting yourself a nifty armour bonus while CCing enemies long enough for you to set up your Shadow Patches.
  2. While in combat, take advantage of your Shadeport armour and CC from Shadow Bolt to deal damage and also continue to collect Shadows. Once you feel it is time to fall back and reforge upgrades, use Shadeport to quickly reposition yourself into a safe area.

If this Shadow you proposed adding were added, Erebos would become another ability spamming, carefree Warframe. I want Erebos to be good because he's strong, not because he can spam, you know? Some skill!

I totally agree that he lacks some shadow-related aspects, but it was a sacrifice I made in order to incorporate the blacksmith aspect. I think in the end Erebos is far more interesting and original because of this combination, so I'm pretty happy about that.

Anyways, long post aside, I want to let you know I very much value your opinion and appreciate the time you took to write up those suggestions. I always appreciate it when people take a look at and also offer their own insight, even if I don't agree with it.

Cheers!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

I totally agree that he lacks some shadow-related aspects, but it was a sacrifice I made in order to incorporate the blacksmith aspect. I think in the end Erebos is far more interesting and original because of this combination, so I'm pretty happy about that.

Maybe considder removing the shadow aspect from his theme, and add something that would look cool visually. More smith feeling, like a furnacy feel, with sparks maybe.

13 hours ago, chaotea said:

Maybe considder removing the shadow aspect from his theme, and add something that would look cool visually. More smith feeling, like a furnacy feel, with sparks maybe.

Unfortunately I can’t do that- Shadow was the original theme for Erebos when I first came up with him 3 years ago. I need to respect his origins, of course.

Besides, making a generic blacksmith, fiery Warframe is much less creative than a literal BLACKsmith!

On 2019-02-21 at 10:57 PM, Almighty_Jado said:

Unfortunately I can’t do that- Shadow was the original theme for Erebos when I first came up with him 3 years ago. I need to respect his origins, of course.

Besides, making a generic blacksmith, fiery Warframe is much less creative than a literal BLACKsmith!

Keeping a theme just for the sake of it doesnt serve the design. If you need to remove the shadow theme to make it work, then do so and take the shadow theme on to a new warframe idea. Ideas are refined over time after all.

As the design is at the moment, the shadow is only themeatic, as a visual aspect to the design, but theres not much truely shadow-y about the mechanics. It may be best to seperate the two warframe ideas. Keep Erebos as the shadow / dark theme, and craft a second forge themed frame.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...