Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(PS4)BNS-COLONELJONES

Sargus Ruk for Sorties is too Difficult

Question

23 answers to this question

He can't be armor stripped by primary status effects (unless that got changed) so I usually use either Oberon or a Sarpa with [Shattering Impact] mod to quickly strip his armor which lowers his defense so low that even with EE modifier I'm hitting 5 digits with a 1x combo Rubico Prime modded for Radiation.

Any high burst damage weapon would probably work well on him after removing his armor, I usually use a Vaykor Hek but without his armor it doesn't really matter too much.  If you don't have a way of removing his armor, buffing yourself (Roar/Vex Armor/ect) and/or debuffing him (M.Prime/Temporal Blast/ect) is the way to go I think.

you can remove his armor first with oberon 2+4 combo or the new nyx reworked abilities that strip 100% armor at 130% power strength. 

il y a 20 minutes, Dark_Lugia a dit :

and that´s how raids and design council challenges died....

??? 

You mean that nowadays people find stuff way harder than it actually is because they do not understand the damage system? 

I use the Vectis - Frost to slow him down. The key is knowing when he is vulnerable and knowing his vulnerabilities. First his shoulder, then his chest, then his back. His weak spot is always vulnerable after he does the pillars of fire and is usually vulnerable after an attack. Also, his weak spots release a blue flame of "exhaust" when they are vulnerable. That's when you light him up, but it isn't vulnerable for very long so what the others are saying about high damage single shot weapons is spot on.

LoL... I brute forced this sortie last night while my team mate hid in the corner.

I went with Inaros with literally nothing but Health Mods and Vaykor Hek with Puncture Mods.... and thats it.... I was also wearing Arcane Ice but only for the Extra Revives because I didn't know if even Inaros could survive Sargus' s 2nd and 3rd Phase. And thats it... I just kept wearing his health down pixel by pixel. It took forever to kill him.... I got some Rubbish Zaw Riven.... later I unveiled it by Accident. I hate Rivens 😞

still not as bad as The Ambulas Boss Sortie... now that one was unfair.

I didn't find it that difficult actually. Just equip a good burst damage weapon for radiation and he'll be dying fast. If you want to make him easier, bring a frost and use the snow globe to slow his movements to a silly point.

I, however, have to say that yesterday my sortie party encountered a problem with him where for 15 mins he didn't make any attack that opened his armor so we had to leave the mission and restart it (after which he died pretty soon). It was annoying tho.

He's immune to corrosive so either other forms of armor stripping or go Radiation. I always run large Cataclysm Limbo with a sniper rifle (lanka, rubico prime, vectis prime). Manage your stasis and dodge his fire wall and fire eruption moves and you are good.

As others have said, learn the damage system. Different factions have different resistances and weaknesses. Note that some enemies, especially bosses, often have different resistances and weaknesses from the rest of the faction.

My personal preference for this boss is Ash and Rubico with rad build as I prefer invisibility to facetanking so I can get into position to hit his weak spots.

On 2019-02-08 at 12:41 PM, (PS4)BNS-COLONELJONES said:

I’m sorry but Sargus Ruk in sorties is too difficult. What is the META weapon that you need to beat him? Please and thanks. 

I use Mag power, and radiation

Job done

Rhino + Rubico Prime (Radiation + Cold). Ignore the Elemental Resistance Criteria they don't affect much in case of bosses like Sargus Ruk who have weak point specific dmg distribution.

Limbo with huge cataclysm and long duration time stop + Opticor. Easy mode.

Same Have had problem with it yesterday lol. But that was first time. Second time i did use mag n Tigris. Was easy n didn't take much. so try with mag n something powerful like Tigris 1 shot radiation n mag second ability. it depend on squad to so get a good squad or maybe nezha with augment to protect.

He has alloy armor so use radiation.  Punch through helps since he moves a lot, something with high damage per shot helps.

29 minutes ago, Dopekoke said:

He has alloy armor so use radiation.  Punch through helps since he moves a lot, something with high damage per shot helps.

Today's Sortie is Elemental Enhancement. Usually I pick the Lanka but that doesn't seem a smart move for today.

Just pick whatever tanky frame and a hard-hitting accurate weapon. Usually I'm Tigris'ing the hell out of him when Physical is the only viable option

53 minutes ago, 541K4T said:

Rhino + Rubico Prime (Radiation + Cold). Ignore the Elemental Resistance Criteria they don't affect much in case of bosses like Sargus Ruk who have weak point specific dmg distribution.

When you pull the trigger and see Grey Zeroes popping out of the enemy. Im guessing that means they have 100% Elemental Resistance

Armor-stipping is always a good idea.
So a weapon with high status-chance and corrosive damage, or Oberon. (Oberon is my go to, because of the tankiness, armor stipping and CC)

Then just any weapon with decent damage. And you have to hit the weak points on Sargas.